X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skogur | 12:35 PM

Azeruk was caught slightly off guard by Reagan's sudden appearance and could tell that he really wanted to test his magic abilities, based on how he tried to verbally trap him. It was a little annoying, but Azeruk guessed that Regan really didn't want to spend time trying to get to his house.

"You don't really have to be so pushy.", Azeruk said to Reagan as he looked at the device.

After a second, Azeruk decided that he might as well do as Regan said. If not, then Azeruk was sure that Regan would walk all the way to his house and ask him to test again. With this in mind, Azeruk fired a non-lethal, dark blue laser into the device and waited for the results.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Máttur

In a small library there was a person studying magic and it's inner workings. This morning she had woken up with a immense lead that she wanted to find out if it lead anywhere or not. Right now she was reading trough books upon books in the hope of some sort of clue. Thus far she had not seen a single one.

Right in the middle of her reading a book, a man come in and stood in front of the table. "What do you want?" she asked, slightly annoyed. "You have been summoned to lead a investigation on a missing group of soldiers. A few days ago we lost contact with a group of soldiers. We believe that they may have gotten attacked. We would like you to check out what happened" the man said in a firm voice. "But I am just about to discover something new. I got a big lead this morning" she said trying to persuade the man to leave her alone with her research. "Have you forgotten how it is that you are able to do this research? If you do not comply, we may kick you out at any moment. You don't want that, do you?" he said, demonstrating who was really in the lead here. "Fine, get the hovercar ready and prepare the troop that will accompany me. Just please let this be a quick job. I may have to leave Máttur a bit for this discovery" she said in a pretty annoyed voice.

A few hours later they left Máttur and headed towards the forest. Going over there would not take too much time thanks to the hovercar.

Skogur

As Azeruk used his magic on the device, a few rings began spinning around the center and a number counter began to move. While everything was still moving it was quite obvious that Reagen was very exited on the result. When everything stopped moving, Reagen walked up to device and noted the numbers in his books while at the same time comparing them to other numbers he had. "Another case of it happening in big amount. Your rawness have gone up with about 2.2 %. Hey could you just wait at Sidna's house. I just need to gather the remaining data. I would prefer another place, but I doubt that she going do move even an inch. Ah, Thank you. I'll be back soon, bye bye" he said, trying to explain what he was so happy for. He then began to get his things together and headed of to get the rest of his data.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Skogur | 12:37 PM

Azeruk had no idea what had happened, but he knew that he was now stuck with having to wait at Sidna's house. Azeruk didn't really know Sidna, only that she was one of the students at the magic school, and had void magic. Some people feared that magic type, but Azeruk didn't really care about how dangerous it was. Then again, his average week was danger. Having to kill bandits and the like tended to make it that way.Either way, Azeruk was now obligated to go to Sidna's house and wait. With an annoyed and slightly defeated look on his face, Azeruk walked over to Sidna's house.

Skogur | 12:43 PM

After a few minutes of walking, Azeruk finally made it to Sidna's house. It was relatively normal looking, or at least as normal looking as the houses on Skogur were. Azeruk walked up to the house and stood in front of the door. To be honest, Azeruk didn't really think she would answer the door and allow a stranger into her house, but it was worth a try. After letting out a faint sigh at his somewhat unusual day, Azeruk knocked on the door and waited for an answer.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Skógur - Sidna's house - 12:44 PM

After about a minute of waiting someone finally answered. "Come in" she said in a cold and bored voice with her face still facing right down into the desk. After some time she finally raised her head a little and began speaking. At least it was better than just lying there for a few more hours before going to sleep early she thought. "You're someone that Reagen sent over, right? That stupid old man. I give him that he discovered some core elements in our magic, but he have to realize that he can't make big discoveries every other day. I mean, why is the entire village still helping him? He's nothing more than a old man that got a taste of victory, and now he will do anything to get another taste. Of course it is unusual even for him to do this so I guess we must have some reason unlike those other experiments he conducts without a single lead. Just you see tough, in about a hour he will come back trough that door with a face that is so low that you just need to push it a little further for it to reach the floor" she said.

She didn't really care if she talked to herself or to the new person that Reagen had brought over. It was just the fact that talking just seemed to make everything better. The fact that there was a person there made the talking in itself easier. Usually she could talk to Reagen, but when he was like this, then it wasn't much she could do.

Skógur - Sidna's house - 1:52 PM

After about a hour or so Reagen finally came back to the house and it was just like Sidna had explained too. It was almost as if his face was touching the floor. It was completely obvious that he hadn't gotten any more leads. Of course Sidna had anticipated this from the very beginning. This was how it always went. "It was just that I was so close. When I saw that dream I knew that I had the hold of something" Reagen said with a voice that clearly said how desperate he was. "It was just some stupid dream with some people from Máttur conducting a experiment. I'm surprised that friend of yours weren't there" Sidna said without really thinking about what she said. It just kind of fell out of her mouth. "Wait, you saw that dream too? I knew it! See there was something weird here after all" Reagen burst out. He was no longer sad, but instead coursing with joy and excitement. He then turned towards Azeruk. "Did you see this too? If so then we have a connection. Just to be sure that it's just not very similair dreams, explain them to me in great detail" he said.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - Elven Village - Inn

Revere went back to the room where he and Selene were staying. He quietly entered and then when the door was closed, he called the young girl. "Selene, I have some bread, not much but should be good enough to hold us for a while."
            ...no response.
            "Selene?" Revere looked around the corner of the main room to the one side room. "Please tell me you're just playing hide and seek...Selene??"
            Nothing.
            Worry started to root itself in Revere's mind. "Selene!"

Endalausir Forest - Elven Village

Selene had wandered out of the Inn not long ago and was roaming the crowded streets. She was carrying the clock that she was watching earlier, but the face of it was broken as though it had fallen. She was looking about almost frantically as she was overwhelmed by the crowd. "Uhm...excuse me! Do you know where-"
            She tried to ask some of the people that passed her by where she could go to get the clock fixed, but she was ignored.
            "Please- Can someone help? I need- Please..."

Comment

Skógur - Sidna's house - 1:53 PM

Azeruk didn't really think his dreams were all that important. After all, ever since the first one, he had been getting more and more dreams, each one more vivid than the last. Azeruk simply thought they were just strange dreams.

"Well, there was this one dream that I had where there was a table covered in buttons, and there were five people there, named Adene, Eade, Anil, Naida,.. and I don't think the last person's name was said. They were experimenting on something, and at the end, the leader seemed to be talking about 'a new world'.", Azeruk said to Reagan.
              sigpic

Comment

Skógur - Sidna's house - 1:53 PM

As Azeruk went ahead and told Reagen about his dream, he looked like a little child that was just about to open his presents for Christmas. He was glowing with excitement and joy. At this point it would be pretty useless to calm him down. Most likely he would tell you how big this is and that he couldn't give up a chance this big. Once heard all of what Azeruk had to tell he yelled with excitement.

"That's it. That's just it. I told you all, there is something big going on here. You had the same dream too, right Sidna?" he asked Sidna. Even thought it may at first have sounded like he still doubted a little bit, that was not the case at all. He simply wanted even more evidence to prove that he was right. He would do just fine without it. "I guess" Sidna said with a slight nod with her head.

Reagen now had everything he would ever want to prove he theory correct. From a scientific standpoint, this may have been nothing at all, but from his own standpoint, this was more than enough to get serious about it. "You said you wanted to travel away a little Sidna? Well, get ready some clothes and other things you'll need. As for you Azeruk, I can't make you come, nor do I know if you actually want to come, but can't you at least check if you got some orders from Máttur? That way this will be beneficial for both of us" Reagen said. Although he may waste peoples time like it was no tomorrow when it came to minutes and hours, he had enough manners to know that asking for days would be simply too much.

"Once we are over in Máttur, we will find a very talented college of mine. I'm sure she will be of great help. She is the one that have made most of the theory behind how memories and though affect magic" Reagen explain. He didn't really know if it actually meant something at all as Sidna already knew where he was heading and who he was meating, while Azeruk might not even come at all.

Endalausir Forest

The hovercars had now reached the area where the soldiers had gone missing. "I want everyone to be as light on you feet as possible. We don't want to destry any trace of where the one that did this went if they did indeed get killed" Skari ordered. She and all over the soldiers jumped out of the hovercar and turned on invisibility mode on it so they wouldn't be found so easily. "A battle definitively happened here. There is also tracks of where the persons that did this went afterwards. Follow it, but make sure to not destroy the tracks" she ordered.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - Elven Village

Revere had ran out of the inn and into the streets. his composure was calm, but his mind was racing. He glanced about in the crowd of people, desperately trying to make out the figure of Selene. "Where are you..."
                  He brusquely walked along the road, gently pushing his way through the people going about their own business.

Selene had found a small hollow in the base of a structure and sat there, cradeling the broken clock. she was hidden from view.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - Eleven village

After following the tracks for a while they eventually stumbled into a village. It was pretty obvious at first sight that this was not Skógur. The houses were built in a completely different style. Many places the trees had been made into houses themselves. "Spread up and look for any sign of the person being here. Be it clothes, money or attitude. Oh, and don't make too big of a show. We can't rely on Máttur in this forest. If you find anything you report back to me. We meet here in half an hour" Skari said in a firm voice. She then began looking herself too.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Revere made his way back to the inn, hoping that Selene would have went back. On his way, he swore he caught glimpses of SYSTEM agents in the crowd. His nerves were now even further pushed to the edge. "Selene is missing and now I'm seeing SYSTEM...Gods tell me I'm just hallucinating..."

He walked in and when he saw that she was not back, he grabbed the bread he left on the table and stuffed it into the bag he carried and headed out again.

Comment

Skógur - Sidna's house - 1:54 PM

Azeruk was a little torn between the two choices he had. Should he stay and continue his work, undisturbed, or should he pack his bags and go with Reagan and Sidna, to see what was the meaning behind all these dreams. Azeruk remained silent for a moment as he tried to chose between being in his comfort zone and remaining home, or giving in to his curiosity and following Reagan. After what seemed like an eternity, Azeruk finally spoke.

"I'll think about it. First off, I'll need to finish some stuff at home. If I'm nothere by tomorrow morning, then I decided to stay. I've got to go now. After all, I'm still busy with work.", Azeruk calmly said to Reagan.

After Azeruk gave his answer, he left Sidna's house, bought the bread he wanted at the market, and walked back into the forest.
                        sigpic

Comment

Skógur - Sidna's house - 1:56 PM | <Sidna, Reagen>

A long silence followed Reagen's question. During this time Reagen grew concerned. Did this mean that he wouldn't come. If that really was the case then he would have to reconsider his plans. It would still work, he would just have to plan out the jouney in another way. Another thing he could do was to find someone else that was also affected by this weird phenomenon and bring them along. That would prove quite difficult tough as finding people like him would not be easy at all. If they were lucky it would only take a year considering the rarity.

Luckily however, Azeruk finally responded that he would consider it. If he wasn't there by tomorrow, he had decided to stay. This mildly relieved Reagen. This meant that he would at least get some time to think things over. Now the next thing they needed to do awaited them. "Alright Sinda. Gather everything you will need for this journey. Unlike the last journey, this one will learn slightly more about magic. I would therefore recommend you to bring at least some of your books along with you. No complaints" Reagen said in a firm voice to Sidna. Although it was true that he intended to learn Sidna more about magic, he also wanted someone to carry the books they would need and the books she had would most likely be enough for most things. He then left the house and went to his own house to gather everything he would need. At the same time Sidna was just once again looking down into the table. Why in the world did she ask for another journey? This time however it didn't take too long before she got over it and began to prepare.

Endalausir Forest - Eleven village | <Skari, SYSTEM>

As time went by the SYSTEM agents covered more and more area around the village. It didn't take long until they were supposed to meat again. "Have anyone found out about anything" Skari asked. At that moment many of the agents told what they had seen. Not much had any relevance whatsoever. There was one agent that had found something interesting tough. "I talked with a baker around here. Appareantly there were someone there that traded with our currency today. He was dressed in black with some red symbols. He also had grey hair. That's all I know" the agent said. "That is more than excellent. Everyone know what they have to do. Find this man and apprehend him. I want to talk to him" Skari said. Soon after they were all over the village again, but this time, they know what they were looking for.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

Revere reentered the crowd in the streets, this time slightly more frantic than before. As he haphazardly worked his way through the village, he started to think to himself. "Where could she have gone? Where would she go-"
                            His thoughts were interrupted as he answered his own question. "Clocks..." He then stopped a nearby man. "Excuse me, sir, is there a clock shop nearby?"
                            "Aye, over on the opposite side of the village, just past the market."
                            "Ah... Thank you." He then started to run for the opposite side of the village.

Selene was still hiding but had fallen asleep. She was hiding in an alcove under a building that was near the Clock Shop, and she didn't realize it.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - Eleven village | <Skari, SYSTEM>

The village was now full with agents from SYSTEM. There had to be at least 30 of them, if not more. At that moment, one of the agents saw a man that looked very much like the man they were after. The agent took up a phone and pressed a button on the screen. All the a agents then turned their attention towards the man and began walking towards him. At the same time the first agent walked up to the man and began to talk to him. "Excuse me mister, but could you come with us for a second? We have something to talk with you about" he said in a firm voice.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Revere almost came to a complete standstill, but he did not turn to look the man that was talking to him. "Ah, sorry, but...I'm afraid I don't have time right now, can it wait?"
                                They were standing within sight of the clock shop, but Revere didn't look towards it lest Selene really was there. However, she could easily see Revere and the man from her hiding place.

Comment

Working...
                                X