X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endalausir Forest - Near Skógur <Skari>

They knew where he was. They couldn't see him from the hover crafts, but they had other means to see him. After monitoring him for a while, they began shining giant flashlights towards him. Now he could no longer hide in the shadows as easily. Now they were just hoping that they would be able to end this as quick as possible. Of course that was most likely not the case. In a way tough, this was a very lucky moment for SYSTEM. By taking out this outlaw like this, it would strengthen their bond with the people of the forest.

Skari was looking down at Revere, this time they would not loose. She grabbed a microphone ad began talking. For normal people, it would seem like as if she was using some sort of sound magic to enhance her voice and strengthen it. "This is you last chance to give up and stop this before it gets any worse for you. We know who you are, we have data on you, we know all of your weak spots. So what will it be? Will you aknowledge that what you did was wrong and come with us, or do we have to take you by force?"
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - Near Skógur

When she finished speaking, the gravity around her hover car reversed in one half of the car, causing it to flip.
      Revere initially kept silent as he continued to remain out of site in the crevice. He could hold this position.
      "What happened to our deal? SYSTEM lied again? Not surprising. Unlike you, I am true to my word. I warned you. And you did not listen. And thus, your lives are forfeit."

Comment

Endalausir Forest - Near Skógur <Spira>

As he spoke, one of the hovercrafts flipped around. No one the tha hovercraft fell down however. This time they had come prepared. This gravity magic was something simple to deal with. They just had a few individuals in the hovercraft user their magic to fasten them to the hovercraft. This way the hovercraft had it's own gravity. Of course, this wasn't the only thing that kept them from falling out. They also had a lot of technology that was helping them.

"Our deal? Executed just as you said. I was told to tell the higher ups that you would not let harm come to the girl. I did. They chose to ignore it and send more troops after you. In fact I think you even angered them a little. Now let's get over with this. I want to go back to Máttur with a well done job. Prepare mana cannons and fire" Spira said. In a way it sounded like she was having fun telling him about what had happened. A few seconds later a few big cannons fired giant bolts of mana at Revere's location. At the same time, all the hovercrafts had positioned themselves around Revere in a arc. When the fired the cannons, a special net going between the hovercrafts was also made, preventing escape.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        you are not alone.

Comment

When the Mana bolts struck the area, the scream of a young girl could be heard.
          Revere went back in the niche and used himself to shield Selene.
          "Lying Dastards!"

To him the net was a double edged sword for him. It would prevent his escape...
          but now they need to go in to it to get to him.
          A cage match where he held the advantage by sheer skill and abilities.

Comment

The mana cannons never hit Revere's location. Instead they hit a little bit in font of him, creating explosions wherever they hit. Soon enough, the forest closest to Revere was burning. He would have no choice but to escape. Staying in the same place would be suicide. At the same time, SYSTEM also followed from behind. Of course they could fix the forest after they were done with with Revere. That was the goal now, and they were set on completing it.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Eastern Mountain Side

Midnight Sin was turning in for the night. He took off his coat and sheathed his rapier. He leaned it against a wall. He was then about to take off the mask... until...

"There you are." a voice from behind said. At this, he would normally go at his possible assailant, but he knew exactly who it was. He turned around and knelt.

"My goddess," he said. "How may I be of service to you?"

The goddess of the moon had appeared in his room. "I have come to tell of a situation too terrible to simply ignore. There is a group headed to the lakein which a monster is said to live."

"Is there really a monster living there?"

"No one knows, but whatever it may be, you must find that group and stop them before the monster or whatever is posing as such gets to them. I was lucky enough to have seen them."

"But my goddess, that is a long way. There is simply no..."

The goddess and the masquerade simply stood silent.

"... yes, my goddess. I shall do as you ask."

The goddess gave a warm smile. "Thank you. But go now and you may reach the lake within the next day or so."

With that, the goddess created a bright light and then vanished. Midnight Sin reacted quickly. He grabbed his coat and his rapier and went outside. He scaled down the mountain where a horse was. He jumped atop the horse and immediately had it run in the direction of the lake.

Comment

After the mana cannons had hit. The fire started to spread like nothing else. "Send out a sound signal at frequency 23k Hz. I want to see if my old friend is still ready for combat" Skari said. After all this was over, she was planning to do some research in the field, and if she was going to do that, she needed people to help him.

Skógur <Reagen>

Reagen was sleeping calmly in his bed. Tomorrow he would begin his journey to what he thought would be new knowledge about magic. Unfortunately he hadn't seen Azeruk yet so it wasn't too likely that he would come with them. Maybe he could try to convince him one last time before they would begin they journey? Most likely it wouldn't work, but he could always try. Suddenly, one of the devices he had on his began making a very annoying sound, like some sort of ticking combined with bird chirps. He immediately woke up. For someone else, this would just be some weird sounds. It was something different for him tough. One of his research partners had given him this the last time they saw each other. It was a device that she could use to call him if she was in the close proximity. Fortunately, this was just the person that they were going to look for. This meant that they wouldn't have to look at all. He immediately got on his clothes and walked out his house in the middle of the night.

First of he woke up Sidna. It took about half a minute before she would wake up, but after that they flew out of the door again, this time heading for Azeruk's house. Maybe this could get Azeruk to join this journey for knowledge. After a bit of walking they finally reached Azeruk's house. Beyond it, they saw something terrifying. A very faint orange glow. Most people wouldn't recognize it at this distance, but Reagen knbew what it was, a forest fire. He quickly darted into Azeruk's house and tried to wake him up.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Azeruk's House - Endalausir Forest - 1:00 AM

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

Azeruk was sleeping at his workbench when he was abruptly woken up by a banging on his front door. Azeruk had no idea who would be knocking on his door so late at night, but he had a feeling that it could be the usual bandit or two that always came by to try and kill him. After Azeruk lazily stood up from the chair, he grabbed both his foldable knives and opened up the blades. After that, Azeruk quickly opened the front door and got into a defensive position with his knives in hand, only for him to see that there were no bandits. Instead, Azeruk saw Reagan and Sidna.

"Uh, why are you guys here?", Azeruk asked Reagan as he quickly put his knives away and took a normal stance.
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Revere used himself as a shield to protect Selene from the explosions outside the niche. Once the fire was established he stayed there, looking at the flames, then the hovercrafts, then Selene.

He got up and out of the niche, walking slowly out into the open with the flames surrounding him. He drew his blades slowly and then electrified them. His face was etched with solemn anger. A concentrated rage. Controlled and concise. The flames around him shifted slightly. He was changing Gravity around him. Slowly...
                    ...then suddenly.

Before anyone could react, Revere had decapitated one of the System Agents...that were on the hovercraft.
                    No hesitation.
                    Precise cuts.
                    Blood was strewn through the air from each Soldier.
                    The control panels sparked from his blade cleaving it in two.
                    The hovercraft spiraled out of control.

One second.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-22-2014, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Azeruk's House - Endalausir Forest - 1:00 AM <Reagen>

After a little bit of wait, Azeruk finally answered the door. It didn't seem like he was sleepy or anything as he was ready to fight and was holding a knives as protection. Well, it did make sense. Azeruk did have a problem with bandits as he didn't live closer to the town. "Things are happening. Hurry and get on some clothes. There's a faint glow on the horizon and it's getting stronger. It might be forest fire" Reagen said as quickly as possible. "Just hurry and get out"
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Azeruk's House - Endalausir Forest - 1:01 AM

As soon a Reagan spoke about the fire in the distance, Azeruk couldn't believe his ears. Was this really true? as soon as Azeruk peeked his head out the door, he saw the dull reddish-orange glow in the distance. it was unmistakable. It was a forest fire.

"Sh*t!", Azeruk exclaimed as he quickly turned around and ran back inside, not bothering to close the door. Azeruk quickly sprinted for his harness and grabbed it off of the chair in the kitchen, and after running to his room to grab his throwing spikes, tools, and bombs, he returned to Reagan.

"This isn't normal! What happened!?", Azeruk asked in an urgent tone as he tightened his harness and stored his foldable knives on the belt on his waist.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Azeruk's House - Endalausir Forest - 1:00 AM <Reagen>

"I have no idea myself. The only thing I know is that a college of mine is in the area and that I was called to her. I go around to wake you two up and when I got here I saw the glow. The next thing I did was ..." Reagen said. Suddenly tough we was interrupted by loud sound. Accompanying the sound was a bright light coming from the same place as the glow. They couldn't see the glow anymore tough as the bright light was too strong. After a couple of seconds, both the sound and the light faded away again. "I wonder what that could have been. I'm guessing no one intended to do that tough" Reagen said.

Endalausir Forest - Near Skógur <Skari>

Suddenly one of the hovercrafts crashed to the ground. As it hit the ground, there were no fiery explosion with lot's of smoke. Instead, as it hit the ground, the area was bathed in a extremely bright light, accompanied with a screeching constant sound. Neither of them disappeared over time. Instead, it just continued. "Someone have to get down there and neutralize them. We can't see anything with this light. We're completely blind. Someone try to find the man. If he escapes now, we'll have to use a good amount of time looking for him" Skari yelled as she tried to be heard over the loud sound that was coming from the wreck of the crashed hovercraft.

After a bit, one of the other hovercrafts went black and two figures got out of the hovercraft and down onto the ground. Of course no one could see or hear this as the intense light was the only thing you could see. After some more time, the light and sound finally disappeared.
                          Last edited by Katrix; 02-22-2014, 11:21 PM.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

When the light and sound erupted from the crashed hovercraft, Revere took the chance. He ran over to Selene who was covering her ears and grabbed her.

By the time the light faded, they were gone.

The only thing left was a small sphere like device which....

Exploded near the wreckage of the hovercraft, meant to damage the craft and kill anyone near it.

They had a minute or two head start. Barely enough for Revere's tastes. His hope would be to see the explosion caused the focuses to erupt again into light and sound giving them more time.

They needed more time...

Revere was running with Selene in tow. She was barely keeping pace and was almost being dragged along. Revere noticed this and picked her up.

They were running southwest, away from anything and deeper into the forest.
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-22-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Azeruk's House - Endalausir Forest - 1:01 AM

After the sound faded away, Azeruk removed his hands from his ears and tried to guess what exactly the light and sounds were from. For all Azeruk knew, there was a fight going on in the forest, perhaps against a light, fire, and sound mage. Maybe they were fighting some of the bandits in the forest, or may be they were in a duel to the death. All Azeruk knew was that they were going to burn the forest down if they weren't stopped. After a brief moment, Azeruk looked at Reagan with a serious expression on his face.

"I'm going to check it out. Grab my hands if you want to join. If not, then wait here.", Azeruk said in a suddenly serious tone.
                              sigpic

Comment

Azeruk's House - Endalausir Forest - 1:01 AM <Reagen, Sidna>

It seemed like they were successful so far. Reagen had a idea of that his old college, Skari was involved in this in some sort of way. Reagen immediately grabbed Azeruk's hand. He knew what was coming next. Azeruk was going to bind their bodies to light for a split second. Even tough he had been on many journeys this wasn't the most common thing for light mages to know how to do. Even the fact that Azeruk had knowledge of it surprised him. Even tough Reagen had grabbed his hand rather soon. Sidna was hesitating. "Come on Sidna. If that thing happens again, we're going to rely on you to remove it for us" Reagen said to Sidna as a way to get her to grab Azeruk's hand. After a little bit more time, she did.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X