X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azeruk's House - Endalausir Forest - 1:02 AM

As soon as Reagan and Sidna grabbed Azeruk's hands, Azeruk took a deep breath, focused on all the light around them, and all of a sudden, they were gone. What Azeruk had done was allow the three of them to ride light, almost as if they themselves were lightwaves. Of course, Azeruk was not actually turning Reagan, Sidna, and himself into energy, he was simply using the light as a driving force. The light itself was both pushing and pulling them along, propelling them at the speed of light.

Endalausir Forest - 1:02 AM

Within a single instant, Reagan, Sidna, and Azeruk were on the very edge of where the source of the bright light and sound came from. As soon as they stopped, Azeruk saw the battle happening. Instead of bandits, or some kind of duel, there was a battle between an unknown group and an unseen, unidentified person. It was clear this other group had powerful magic on their side, evidenced by their flying vehicles. Azeruk was confused by what he saw. Just what was happening here? Who were these people, and why were they setting fire to the forest?

"Who are these guys?", Azeruk asked Reagan as he pulled out both his foldable knives and readied himself for a possible battle.
    Last edited by S121; 02-24-2014, 06:20 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:02 AM <Reagen, Skari>

As the intense light and sound faded away, the people aboard the other hovercrafts were working like never before in hopes of not loosing the target. A seconds later the sound and light came back. When the light and sound finally faded for a seconds time, there were no traces of Revere anywhere. "Do we have any idea of where he was headed?" Skari frantically asked all the other hovercrafts. Most of them had no clue. There were one however that had a slight idea. "I think I saw something heading south for a split second". It wasn't much information, but it was all they got. "We've lost one hovercraft and another two are missing personal enough. I order half of you to search trough Skógur. The second half of you follow me south" Skari said.

Just before she was about to leave however she saw three other people under the trees. Most likely, this was the man that the had asked to come here. Apparently he had also brought some friends. She ordered people abord her hovercraft to amplify her voice before she began talking. "Excellent to see you here Reagen. I was intending to journey out with you once again in the search of new knowledge, but first, I want to see if you are stiil as capable as you were back then. You see, a very dangerous criminal that have killed several SYSTEM agents just escaped from our grasp. What I want from you is for you to help is in capturing him. Will you help us" Skari asked. Reagen already knew the answer to her question. "Yes" he yelled in order to be heard.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:03 AM

Azeruk stood there and tried to figure out what was going on, but failed. Just who was this woman? Who were these people? Who were they fighting? Why were they fighting? Azeruk was a man of action, but he didn't like going into a situation blind. Doing so was dangerous. From what Azeruk could see, these people were technologically superior, but if they needed an entire squad to take out a single person, then they were either incompetent, or the man they were hunting was hypercompetent. Before doing anything, Azeruk decided to gather information, starting with who Azeruk could only guess was the leader.

"Excuse me, can you explain to me what's going on? There's a fire raging through the forest, a flash of light and sound formed that could be seen all the way from my house, and now I'm in front of a bunch of people riding highly advanced machines.", Jason said to Skari.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:04 AM

After Azeruk had asked his questions, eveything became quiet until Reagen broke the silence. Skari didn't have any intentions to answer any of his questions. "I can't explain everything, as I don't know everything, but from what I can see, SYSTEM is currently chasing someone criminal. I'm guessing that they have used some sort of weapon that caused fire to drag him down. As for the sound and light, I can only guess that it was some sort of focus that went out of control. I guess they are going to tell us more once we actually catch that guy. Few can run from SYSTEM for that long" Reagen said, trying to explain everything to Azeruk. He then turned towards Skari and raised his voice again. "Which way should we go?" he said. A few seconds later, a red point began pointing in a roughly south-west angle.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest

After two minutes, Revere made a sudden turn towards the North West. He was still carrying Selene while jogging through the forest at a rapid pace, faster than most men could through this terrain, even considering he is carrying Selene.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:04 AM

Azeruk simply sighed as the red point pointed to the southwest. All he wanted to do was end this day without too much trouble, but instead, he was now being dragged along on some kind of manhunt. It was relatively annoying, especially considering that he was peacefully sleeping before this happened. What made things even worse was the fact that this man they were chasing seemed to be giving them a hard time. If a group of technologically superior people couldn't apprehend him, then why would they ask Reagan and two children? Of course, Azeruk could easily take care of himself, but they didn't know that. Either way, Azeruk knew that he was going to get into a fight, whether like wanted to or not.

"Okay, how do we find him? I know the forest very well, but it's not the easiest place to find people in.", Azeruk said to Reagan as he began to walk into the forest.
              sigpic

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:05 AM

It seemed that Azeruk had accepted the little situation that he was put in. Now they just had to find the man, and that was easier said than done. The forest was dark, and there weren't much to light it up at the moment. When Azeruk asked how to look for the man, Reagen couldn't stop himself from laughing a bit. "We search. That's all. There is nothing more to it. Say, what is the shortest distance that you can flash step? I've heard that it can also get strenuous if you don't travel far enough. If it's low enough, we might be able to use it to get a little distance ahead of ourselves" Reagen said.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:05 AM

As Reagan asked his question, Azeruk turned around, and a flash of golden light, Azeruk was suddenly five feet away from him.

"I was about thirty feet away when I Flash Stepped, so I would say that I can travel about 25 feet, less if I tried. The trick is to think about stopping the spell at the same time you start it, making the spell last for a single instant. Flash Stepping very short distances takes very little magic, but it does take a lot of concentration, and it can wear down on your mind and concentration if you use it too many times in a small amount of time.", Azeruk explained to Reagan.
                  sigpic

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:07 AM <Reagen>

From what Azeruk explained, Reagen's idea wouldn't work out the way he had imagined. Azeruk said mostly things that he already knew, but he also gave a little bit of new information. He knew the part that you had to basically start and stop the magic at the same time. Not an easy task any certainly not something that most people should try. What he didn't know was how it would affect the user to do this many times at once. From what Azeruk said, it wasn't a light effect at all. "I was planning to maybe do a warp every 20-30 meters in our direction, but I see that that can't work" Reagen said.

He then began thinking again and trying to come up with a new idea. After a little, he came up with a idea. He lowered his voice and began telling his plan to the others. "Alright so here is what we do. We search in our direction on foot. The twist is that if we do find him, but we don't have any chance of catching him, we don't go for him. Just let him go. Alright, everything clear?" he asked. He would just show that he was willing to actually do something. As long as no one else found him, everything would be good.
                    Last edited by Katrix; 03-16-2014, 08:16 PM.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:07 AM

Azeruk was a little disappointed that he was discredited. Of course, only Azeruk knew what he was capable of, and if he just slightly altered his Light Steps, he might be able to get more out of it, maybe even find a way to evenly spread his energy out over the entirety of the search.

"Actually, I could do that, just not for too long. Unlike light energy, regaining concentration is not as difficult. It's not physically taxing to concentrate, and resting your mind is as simple as clearing it. I would say that I have a good 40 Light Steps in me before needing to stop and rest my mind, maybe 50. I would say that 30-40 meters would be a better alternative. That should put a little less strain on my mind.", Azeruk explained to Reagan as he followed behind.
                      sigpic

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:08 AM <Reagen>

Reagen thought of what Azeruk had said for a few moments. If they did use this method, it meant that they could more easily catch up to that man. On the other hand, it also meant that they had a chance of passing right past him. Would the benefits outweigh the benefits in this situation? "Alright, let's do it. We might leave a few gaps wach time where he could hide, but let's hope that everything goes well" Reagen said as he grabbed Sidna and Azeruk's hand. "Let's do it. Just give us a sign when you need to rest" he said.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:09 AM

"Got it.", Azeruk said before the trio disappeared in a flash of light.

Azeruk had never really used Light Steps in such a manner as this, but he did at least have experience in it after using it while dodging bandits. Because of him applying it in combat, Azeruk was more proficient than the average person and had better concentration for the task. It was all just a matter of repeating the process of sort-distance Light Stepping over and over again. Every time Azeruk stopped, he would stop for a good five seconds before Light Stepping again, covering more and more ground as they went. After performing his 15th Light Step, Azeruk stopped and quickly glanced around, hoping to spot their target.

"Do you guys see or hear him?", Azeruk whispered to Reagan and Sidna.
                          sigpic

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:13 AM <Reagen>

It all seemed like a blur, warp, look around, warp again, look around. It felt kind of like being dizzy, but at the same time not being dizzy. Each time they stopped, they all looked for any signs of that man. Footprints, broken branches, they even listened if they could hear any footsteps. They didn't find anything tough. Nothing at all. In the start they found a broken branch, but after that, it stopped. "Nothing here. Let's continue. Just say if you need to stop. We don't want to tire you out" Reagen said while at the same time looking for any signs. Once done he then took Azeruk's hand again as a sign doing the next light step.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:14 AM

Each time they stopped Azeruk had quickly looked over their surroundings, but even with his vigilance, they didn't seem any closer to finding the man SYSTEM was looking for. Of course, it wasn't like Azeruk minded. He was simply here for the ride, and if he looked on the bright side, at least he had the comfort of the night. After they stopped for the 37th Light Step, Reagan spoke to Azeruk, who simply gave a light smile at what Reagan said to him and spoke.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Let's keep going.", Azeruk calmly said as he performed the next series of Light Steps, propelling them deeper into the forest with each burst.
                              sigpic

Comment

Endalausir Forest - 1:21 AM <Reagen>

After they stopped for the fourth time, Reagen spoke to Azeruk again. "That's it. We stop. We haven't seen a single sign of them for a good time now. if my calculations are right, we should have traveled something around 2,5 km. There is no way that you can hold a speed like that on foot, in a forest like this, while being so tired from that use of magic. I mean, who can bring down a whole hovercraft so easily? Let's just admit it. We lost them. If she still want me to find them I'll take a tracker tomorrow and see if I can find them. Let's just go home for now and get some more sleep" Reagen said while sitting down on a stone. Sidna had already found a place to sit, like she did every time they stopped for a bit.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X