Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wriggle

Fuck I just realized that.

I think Mega should have been keeping track on that kind of stuff.

As for my character technically my characters mech is one of the weakest. Even with his Lamda Drive the physical stats are mostly sub-par. As a speed type he's only truly fast with the Lamda Driver active, and he can only do that for so long before he begins to destroy his mind. So basically for my mech, yeah the stuff is new and "experimental" (something a lot of others have done as well. I mean seriously I can understand Mega for having a unique experimental system since well... it is his RP... but we just added stuff like that into our apps. Even if we didn't say that our mech's were entire unique in our apps, they are all incredibly different. Yeah I know there are custom mech's in the RP's story, but I don't think it would be stuff as so severe as say transformation abilities, or snake arms. I mean it may be the future, but there has to be some sort of limit to this stuff...)

I think Mega should have, and be more careful with all of this and I am also sorry for doing the same problem Wriggle ^^;; In all honesty the only thing my mech truly has over other mech's is that it has is the speed advantage, and well... without the Lambda Driver my mech has some pretty shit speed for a speed type.

Comment

@Wriggle

I just make sure Skari brags a little bit. Remember that what comes out of their mouth is their opinion, not the actual fact.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

@Wriggle

I haven't done that, have I? I mean, I have said that my Arm Slave is unique, but I never said that it was the best, right? Of course, my character would have a little bit of favoritism when it comes to his Arm Slave, but that's because he built it with his own hands. My Arm Slave is good, and would have the potential to be great, and in the best case scenario, it could be one of the very best because of its balanced stats, but it's far from perfect. Did I do something wrong?

I'm going to check my posts real quick.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Well I guess I'm guilty.

I know that everyone's mech is pretty much equal and rely on their drivers, but still, I want to let you guys know that you're dealing with military grade sh*t here. Hector even stated 'It doesn't mean it's any more powerful than the other mechas. It just means it was made for war.' It isn't powerful. But it is meant to disable mechas without being detected so that the enemy forces have nothing to pull out of their ass.

Comment

@S121

I don't think you did anything wrong, but I know I did with Raven saying stuff like it is the highest quality stuff for his mech and all. However I agree with Katrix.

What our characters says about their own mech's are their opinions, and is not actual fact. So even if our characters says that their mech is the true greatest and above all others in terms of quality or something, it does not mean it's so. It's just what they believe, and in Raven's case what his higher ups have told him.

@Wonder

You also have to remember Wonder, your mech isn't the only one that's military grade. My mech is and was made by the military, but that's just about it. It's pretty okay generally by default without the Lambda Driver, like any Military mech should be. However my mech is designed for speed, and stealth (surprisingly I don't have any stealth capabilities for it yet.) As such it lacks in over all raw fire power, and physical strength.
            Last edited by SUSTIC; 03-02-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Yours was made by the military too?

Comment

@Wonder

Yes it was. I even stated in my app that my character Raven, and the Arbalest are a part of the military. Raven was an orphan at a young age and was taken into the Military (and was adopted by one of the captains there when he was younger), and the Arbalest was made by the military just for him because they had trained him to be ready for the Lamda Driver system (Which even with special drugs he has to take for it, and the training he can only use the Lambda Boost System for 5 minutes total.) It's just a newer military grade, and won't be as battle hardened as your mech which is probably quite sturdy. Yeah my mech is well built, it's just not built to withstand much damage.

There are also other mech's in this RP that are made by the military, like some mech's in Katrix's characters collection, and I believe Cucoo's... not sure on Cucoo's. Oh and also Neo's characters mech is military grade, older than the Arbalest, newer than your mech, but is much more solid defensively and offensively than my mech. However her mech is supposed to be slow so... yeah.

Comment

@SUSTIC

It's just that I don't want anyone to leave the RP because of something I might have done. I'm not here to ruin anyone's experience, and I don't want to be.
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

@S1

I never once said it was your fault. If anything it was partially my fault along with a few others who all share the blame. You are actually tame about it. The fact though for everyone who says their mech is the best...

Is that it's just THAT specific characters OPINION (saying this again to everyone here.) Not actual fact.

Comment

You know, when I saw types I was thinking there would be the stereo typical weakness system in place

Like power is weak to speed but speed is not effective against power due to its high def.

tbh...we could implement a system like Fire Emblem that dictates what the mechs are good against and aren't.

Fire emblem's system is really easy and dictates a few things

for instance using the above mentioned scenario, if you have high power and high defense, your the typical tank type character. It takes a lot to hurt and takes very little to do the hurtin'

So in FE it looks like this:

stats are in this order:

HP

Str

Mag

Skl

Spd

Def

Res

The heavy armor and heavy hitter:
                      General

And the fast and nimble:
                      Assassin

Now the Strength of the general is 50
                      The Assassin's is 40

The defense of the General is 50
                      Assassin's is 31

The damage the Assassin can deal to the general is 0 because
                      str of Assassin - def of General = -10
                      The General can deal to the assassin
                      Str of General - def of Assassin = 19

So the assassin can't dent the General at all

Now can the general even hit the assassin?
                      we look at spd mainly

General: 35
                      Assassin: 46

Now spd is a bit different it has a more complicated system but it determins mainly hit rate.

My simple calculation that isn't accurate due to other factors like luck and skill...

spd assassin - spd general = 11
                      for the general that would be -11 points
                      take 100% and subtract 11% to determine Assassin's hit rate
                      for the general: add 11% to 0%

so the Assassin has a 89% chance of hitting while the General only has 11%

so we could adapt a system similar that could define what our mechs really have and what could then be improved.

Comment

@Cuckoo
                        It's not even about what mechs are good against what. It's about people overhyping their mecha. If their mecha is the best there is, and it gets hopelessly destroyed by the Mechons at the end, what happens? It's already max capacity, but it gets rekked by the Mechons.

That's why I made Nitro, cuz I didn't want to be narcissistic about my mecha.

Whatever, what's done is done. I understand that Spira or whatever her name is likes to brag, and I understand that Wonder's character is eccentric in a sense, but let's please not get the idea of perfection in our heads.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

The deal is is that would you want to brag about the weaknesses?

In IC it's tactically stupid to brag about the weaknesses.

In here it should be listed...but it's kind of scary when suddenly the characters know the weaknesses in the IC even though nothing in the IC states it.
                          or someone makes a scanner that can explicitly state the weaknesses.

That annoys the living crap out of me.

Comment

You have a point there.

I guess everyone's a little egotistic sometimes, and that there are some circumstances where it's acceptable.

But my point of "there is no perfection" still stands.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Novitus doesn't really care about how good the mecha anyone has. She cares about the skill of the person driving said mech.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Yes

weaknesses exist

they just won't be stated outright in the IC by the characters...depending on the situations.

I mean mine is simple

Mine is the Assassin type like I used as an example

Fast, but weak.

In open areas, mine can't be touched. It can put a lot of distance in a short amount of time.
                                In restricted areas (like indoors where it can't fly...) it's at the obvious disadvantage due to it not being able to fly.

Now because it has low normal armor (low HP and Def) it can't really take a hit, though as a counter to that is has a positional shield to block attacks. This is only up at certain times.

Also it sacrificed strength for the speed so it can't do much damage normally. It's ace-in-the-hole is to utilize its speed and ability to put distance between an opponent in order to do a charge attack which can be devastating. Though this is high risk, high reward....like everything else I do that everyone exploits when I do it.

So in short,
                                Atk is low but there is one lethality move that has a low success chance. I'll be using a 15% chance on this and will be using a random # generator to dictate if it hits.
                                Def is low but evade is very high. again I'll use a rng at 85% to dictate
                                So mine will be based on RNG, period.

Comment

Working...
                                X