X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ trouble

The part involving Nemesis estimating Cooper's probable location after downloading data.

After about 2 minutes, she had the map of the base and with it a possible location that Cooper could be via analysis of the base's communication archives. Taking into account that her target is the head of R&D and that there was a lab on the map labeled R&D Labs, there would be a high probability that her target might be there. In addition, the communication logs implied that Cooper would be in a location known to other Infecta units, narrowing down her search to Cooper's room or the labs. Weighing the options accordingly, her prior assumption had greater probability of being true. With the information loaded, she began to leave the Data Terminal.
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-09-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

New app time!
      Spoiler:

Full Name: Ren "Silent Lighting" Sonken

Race: Infecta

Affiliation: Infecta

Blood type: AB-

Crystal: Electricity/Lighting

Gear:
      WEAPON: Eclipse Divider-0125 "Yellow Paladin". Created by Zero after Ren asked him to make one similar to his Black Knight. Creates lighting based buzz saws that can be fired if needed. (And yes, the gunblade in the picture.)

MASK: None, she got an implant like Zero's implant.

UPPER TORSO: The actual armor is covered by the torn up black sailor top with a torn split cape. A little bit of it can be seen around the neck. Absorbs all shock waves from hitting any vitals.

GLOVES: The gauntlets acts like shields by projecting a energy shield from the crystal. Can also fire shots of lighting when concentrated.

LOWER TORSO: The leg armor is made from light-weight and sound absorbent material and makes her "lighting" quick. Can create lighting waves from kicks thanks to the armor on her waist on the sides of her skirt.

Appearance:
      Spoiler:

Personality: Always calm and doesn't show emotions.

History: Born around the same time as Zero so they both grew up around each other. After both of them joined the "military" force, she chose an Electricity crystal and was assigned to a different unit than the one Zero was in. She has always looked up to Zero as someone to be like. Thanks to her gear during missions, she earned the nickname Silent Lighting.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

i'll read your app either later today or tomorrow. it's getting dificult for me to read or keep my eyes open.

Comment

No problem. I can make a small post before she gets accepted.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Cucoo

(In response to PM.)

I don't see too much of a problem with it. She is a machine and as such, She calculated the chances that her target would be in a certain location.
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Alright, just wanted to make sure.

Comment

I've been meaning to ask this but how is the Infecta "military" rank system is like?

Comment

@Zekai

In your post, you put Jason instead of Brooks.

As for ranks, no idea.
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

same as the army

Privet

privet 2

privet first class

corporal

sergeant

staff sergeant

sergeant first class

sergeant major

second lieutenant

first lieutenant

captain

majot

lieutenant colonel

colonel

brigadier general

magor general

lieutenant general

general

commander

yes i know the system is weird and a little confusing but don't blame me blame the US army.

Comment

@ zekai: app approved but those clothing don't really count as the kind f armor i was talking about but there isn't really a rule that says you HAVE to use the same kind of armor as everyone else. only questions i have are. Where is her crystal? how does she use it to power her weapon?

Comment

Ok I don't know how I got on this train of thought but I like where it's going.

So Starla in this scenario has an older sister who is presumably killed by Tainted.
                        After listening to "Promised Pain" and thinking about masks and Starla's sister...

I think I have something to help make Starla defect.

This is here to remind me about this idea.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@S1

Zero only gave his comms line to Jason and his unit's commander so how can Brooks have it? I'll go edit it.

@Trouble

I never really been a fan of full body armor and also both are newbies so they shouldn't have alot of armor anyways right?

As for the crystal, I did forget to mention where it was at. -Clears throat- Her crystal is at the base of her neck part of her torso armor. She also has a second electricity crystal in her weapon (in the chamber right below the revolver).

Comment

@zekai: Brooks is the leader of the knights so he uses the radio to contact everyone and give them orders when he needs too. Also to keep a balance in power i'm only letting each character have two crystals at a time. there are some tanks that have more crystals in them to use but that's a bit different. You can leave her armor as it is if you want but having two of the same crystal seems a little redundant since you could easily just use one or the other.

Comment

I can get rid of the second crystal part then.

Comment

Ok new apps are for all extensive purposes done as well as the revision to Nemesis's equipment/upgrade lists.
                                Additions to Nemesis's equipment/upgrades will be ongoing as new ideas come in. Will notify of changes. Seeking review of the new apps for Ember and MIMI as well as Nemesis's Equipment/Upgrades.

Spoiler: Starla and Nemesis

Full Name: Starla Monroe

Race: Stella

Affiliation: Ragnarok

Blood type: B

Crystal(s): Magnetism, Electricty, and Fire (all three for utility)

Gear:

Utility Glove that channels the crystal Energy. Used for manipulating nanomachines through magnetism and electricity, as well as using fire for welding.

Appearance:

Spoiler:

This

With these clothes:

Personality:
                                She has a calm personality and tends to be a bit of a "firecracker" at times (also tends to 'spark' into a mood and snaps at people that interrupt her while in it.)
                                She tends to be protective of Nemesis like she was her child.
                                Starla will also bluff her way out of a situation if confronted, as she isn't exactly a physical fighter herself.

History:
                                Starla originally was a scientist that developed defensive systems for her home colony, which was settled in a forest on the planet, before the incident with the Tainted. She and her older sister, Ember, worked on a set of AI projects which were codenamed Moirai and Philotes. Starla led the Moirai project and intended it as a new AI for the colony's defensive systems as well as for an Orbital Station that she had designed for Ragnarok. However, after her home was attacked by Tainted, she repurposed the Moirai project into an Anti-Taint program that would be renamed Nemesis.

Full Name: Nemesis

Operational Age: 0
                                Appearance Age: 23

Race: Golem/AI

Affiliation: Ragnarok

Blood type: N/A

Crystal(s): Poison

Gear:

Spoiler: Base Equipment

Spoiler: Melee Weapons

- Daggers: Plasma Edge
                                (energy type)

Spoiler:

*Smaller than depicted in the scale.

- Gunblades: Plasma edge and shots + "blunt edge" thrusters
                                (shotgun type to rifle type upgrades)
                                Spoiler:

Density of material being cut determines effectiveness of the blades.
                                Blades can cut through "almost anything" except that anything with a density greater than 5 g*cm^-3 at tier 1 will be extremely difficult to cut.

each tier adds (1/2*tier #*(tier #+1)) g*cm^-3 to the base of 5 g*cm^-3

maximum tier is tier 4. (15 g*cm^-3)
                                - Basic improvements to the weapons with 4 tiers. (4th will be red.)

This upgrade progression is achieved through power tuning of Nemesis herself throughout each version.

Spoiler: Nemesis Mk I

Body:
                                - Basic Combat Energy Core: Nemesis's original ower plant system. Base Recharge rate is 1% per second.

- Synthetic Simulated Organic Body w/ Nano bot "blood": Bone Structure is impervious to most damage while any damage to other systems can be repaired by the nanobots, however regenerating used nanobots takes time and therefore immediate repair is determined by how many nanobots are in her system. Nanobot regeneration consumes 0.5% energy per second. On average, 10% of nanobots are used per repair and to replenish 10% of the supply takes about 5 seconds.

- Gravity Lock Boots: Allows Nemesis to anchor herself to any surface. Costs 0.75% energy per second.

- EVO Shield: Can allow the user to survive in hazardous environments for as long as the crystal can provide energy. Drains more energy than can be replenished when in such an environment and the concentration of the hazard will determine how fast (Toxic, Acidic, Extreme Heat, Extreme Pressure, etc) Consumes on average 5% energy per second when diffusing a hazardous environment condition around Nemesis.

- Storage Unit

Spoiler: Nemesis Mk II

- Agility thrusters

- Extended energy capacity (10% increase)

- Military grade shielding (EVO V2): adds additional functionality to the EVO Shield so that it is effective in combat. i.e. able to resist gun fire/ explosives/ etc. Same limitation as EVO Shield (since it is still the EVO Shield.) Consumes approximately 10-20% energy per attack diffused

- Drones Tier 1: Pistol Drones x2 - Quick drones that will briefly assault targets in front of her. After use, they recharge from Nemesis's power supply, using 40% of her power, leaving her at 70% capacity until charged (5 seconds)

Spoiler: Nemesis Mk III

- Dual Core Power Plant: Installs a second smaller crystal that serves to allow the Aura Burst Function without killing Nemesis's primary power core. Adds 20% Increase to energy capacity for a total of 130% original capacity.

- Aura Burs V1: one time only all-or-nothing ability that overcharges EVO Shield for one absorb-all-damage-below-a-certain-threshold shield. Once used, the crystals used in the move will be reduced to 0 energy and they will not recharge naturally.
                                The "size" of the crystal determines the threshold. EVO Shield will be disabled temporarily after use due to repairs.
                                V1: Aura Burst destroys secondary crystal core to absorb 20% more damage than what the EVO Shield V2 can normally dissipate at max energy.

- Electromagnetic crystal generator: Nemesis is equipped with a back-up magnetic induction generator that utilizes a magnetic crystal in order to briefly increase her energy capacity charge rate to 5% per second for 5 seconds.

- Poison Edge: Daggers only - Inflict a short term poison effect to targets. (?) Use consumes 10% energy

- Impact Zero: Gunblade only - a powerful thrust attack to attempt to skewer a target and then create an energy burst explosion at the tip. Use consumes 30% energy

- Drones Tier 2: Orbital Cutters x3 - A fast set of energy blade drones that require 50% of Nemesis's power supply to recharge, leaving her at 80% capacity until charged (5 seconds)

Spoiler: Nemesis Mk IV

- Energy Core improvement: Increases energy core efficiency by 70% increase for a total of 200% original Capacity.

- Drones Tier 3: Breaker Cannon - Special: 4 charge levels - lvl 1: (1s - 20% Power Use) can cause 3rd degrees burn wounds - lvl 2: (3s - 50% Power Use) can punch a hole through soft materials - lvl 3: (6s - 100% Power Use) can punch through very hard materials - lvl 4: (10s - 175% Power Use) Tank Buster

Appearance:
                                Spoiler:

Personality: Initially lacking a personality, however upgrades to her program will add a personality later.

History: Nemesis was born from a set of projects started by Starla and Ember, known as Moirai and Philotes. Nemesis is the repurposed product of the Moirai project, which was primarily led by Starla with the assistance of Ember. Moirai was originally to be an AI for defensive systems of the sister's home colony. However after the Tainted attacked and killed most of the inhabitants of the colony, Starla began to redesign Moirai into a pure combat platform, which she renamed Nemesis.

Spoiler: Ember

Full Name:
                                Ember Monroe

Race: Stella

Affiliation: Infecta

Blood type: B

Crystal: Fire

Gear:
                                - "Low Profile" Armor: Basic body armor that is light and is easily concealed by clothing.

- Saber (Plasma Edge): Designed by Starla and capable of cutting virtually anything, however effectiveness is determined by material's density.
                                Spoiler:

- Dual Plasma handguns: The black one was designed by Starla and is a slower but more powerful version which fires shots that look like small blades. The red one which was a duplicate modified by Ember to be weaker but with two modes of fire: Rapid pulse and laser. She favors her sister's design for armored targets and her modified one for suppressing large numbers of enemies.
                                Spoiler:

- RCPD: Remote Control Peripheral Device. She originally used this to link to project Philotes for field testing. The equivalent of a portable handheld computer that utilizes holographic interfaces.

- EVOShield V2: Military grade personal Shield that can protect the user from minor attacks (i.e. small caliber guns and shrapnel) This specific model is a pocket device that can only protect against a minor amount of damage before giving out.

Appearance:
                                Spoiler:

This appearance with green eyes.

This outfit

Personality: Like her younger sister, Starla, she tends to be a firecracker at times, however not as noticeable due to her normally stoic nature.

History:
                                Ember was originally a soldier for Ragnarok that protected the colony where her family lived. She also dabbled in AI development as well as bioengineering research. Eventually, she led the Philotes Project with the help from her younger sister, Starla. Ember, in collaboration with experts in the subject, began development of the Philotes AI which was to utilize simulated neurological paths in order to make it behave as naturally as possible. In addition, she also sought to have the golem for which this AI would be implemented into be biologically made. After 2 years of development, the first "biogolem" prototype was created, codenamed MIMI. Three years after MIMI was born, Ember and Starla's home colony was attacked by Tainted. Ember had returned to visit family prior to the attack. When Starla heard of the attack, she too returned to the colony and found their family dead and no trace of Ember.

Ember, who had barely escaped the attack alive, now works with the Shinka Knights for reasons that were born from that fateful day at the colony. She has not made contact with her younger sister since then.

Spoiler:

During a field test of MIMI, Ember accidentally discovered, through MIMI's heightened senses, Ragnarok's intended use of a missile armed with a taint warhead aimed for the planet in an attempt to eradicate the Infecta. Learning the missile's target location, she sought out Ragnarok leaders in order to stop the launch of the warhead, but was ultimately ignored. But she would not back down and was eventually was silenced. Forbidden to try and change Ragnarok's decision to use the missile, she returned to her home colony one last time... knowing that it would be in the fallout zone of the missile.

After the missile struck and the Tainted started to spread, Ember attempted to protect the colony along with other soldiers, however they failed.
                                Ember barely fled the colony with her life, swearing to avenge the fallen.
                                In order to accomplish this, she sought out the enemies of Ragnarok: the Shinka Knights.

She left Ragnarok and dared not contact her sister as she sought to protect her by keeping her ignorant to what really happened.

Spoiler: MIMI

Full Name: MIMI

Operational Age: 4
                                Appearance Age: 11

Race: Golem

Affiliation: Ragnarok (Loyal to Starla and Ember)

Blood type: N/A

Crystal: Healing

Gear:
                                - Sensor Array: A built in set of sensors that allow MIMI to:
                                > hear even the most minute sounds at long distance
                                > analyze what race and any health conditions someone has by merely looking at them
                                > quickly analyze optimal paths of movement with any form of vehicle
                                > Map out structures and locate objects/people within.

- Shield Projector: Capable of projecting a force field around her to protect those near her for a limited time at the cost of most of her crystal energy. She has a limiter to prevent her from dying but she could override this.

Appearance:
                                Spoiler:

Personality: She has been programmed to behave as a 11 year old girl would. With her design, she does this perfectly. There are times where one would forget she is actually not an actual girl.

History: MIMI is a feat of bioengineering. Designed using actual organic compounds, MIMI is a prototype golem using the new bioengineering techniques pioneered by Ragnarok scientists. Ember Monroe, with the help of her younger sister, Starla Monroe, developed the design that would become one of the first functional, completely biological golem units. MIMI has been working at the Ragnarok Labs as Starla's assistant ever since her creation 4 years earlier to the current date, her analytical abilities surpassing that of most.
                                It will soon be MIMI's 5th "birthday" and for it Starla had planned to complete her biological systems so that she would no longer be classified as a golem.

She was derived from an AI project known as Philotes, which was the sister project called Moirai.
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 05-06-2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X