Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the Island's a Game | IC

Introduction
    It was a strange day. Many characters were invited to a 'party' at a secret location only accessable by plane. Many characters rejected, but others did not. Maybe it was for booze, money, or genuine curiosity, but eventually, it led to a large number of characters getting on a single plane. All was quiet, for a time. But then, the crackles of thunder were heard. It was odd considering wi was crystal clear moments ago. Then, it hit, several bolts of lightning, hitting the plane in several locations, plummeting it down through the sky like a stone. The wreckage was bad. The front part of the plane was severed, wings shredded, along with the pilot, and some of the characters dead.

The wreckage rendered those still living unconscious, but outside the plane was someone out of the ordinary. It was a man, tall and almost lanky, in a white striped coat and suit, looking like he was ready for Winter. His short, well-combed black hair looked ready for business, and shadows blocked the view of his face.

"More lambs for the slaughter, oh, what a bother. But they'll be great fun when they start to run." the man chuckled, and then seemingly vanished out of existence, leaving the wreckage and the survivors on their own.

It was some indeterminate time after the plane had crashed, but two things were immediately apparent. Firstly, the storm had passed, and secondly, it was morning. The orange glow from the Sun illuminated the wreckage, and the smell of fresh dew permeated the air. The survivors were likely to wake up any minute now. All according to plan.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Crash Site - Pine Forest

"Nnn..." Yukari woke up to find that she was surrounded by what she recognized as the plane that they were in. The front portion was snapped in half, the cockpit a few yards away. There were corpses around. An obvious plane crash. Good thing she is alive. Well, time to find John and get out of here-

Wait why isn't it working?

Yukari tried again. The gap wasn't being opened. Or at least she had to put a lot more effort to open it... no, she wasn't able to open it at all! No matter how much focus she put into it, no purple portal with eyes anywhere. She began to panic, but she calmed herself down.

"Okay, think Yukari. Think. What will a Yukari do in this situation?" Yukari said to herself as she paced around. First things first, she'll have to find others. Other than her and John, there were other Characters on board... and they may have already woken up and wandering about. Yukari got up, dusted her pants, fixed her shirt and glasses, and began walking towards the ocean.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Seat 17 J - Crash Site - Pine Forest

As Yukari walked away from the plane crash and towards the beach, John was just beginning to wake up. The smell of smoke, metal, and pine permeated his nose as he regained the smallest traces of consciousness, and after a moment, John slowly opened his eyes, heavily squinting as he looked over towards the aisle and at the front of the plane. His surroundings were heavily blurred, but from the brightly glowing patches of orange and the occasional sound of sparks going off, he could tell that his surroundings were grim.

"Uuuuugh.", John quietly groaned as he looked further to his left, over to all the seats on the left side of the plane.

His vision began to improve little by little, and after a while, he was able to see the seats to his left. At first, John could just barely see the faint outlines of the seats, but after only a few moments, the dark blue of the seats became visible, and amorphous outlines became noticeable in each one of them. The seemingly shapeless outlines began to take distinctive shapes, each one slowly forming into huddled masses, and before long, those huddled masses became more defined as colors became more organized. If John didn't know any better, those huddled masses were people. Just as John began to recall what had happened and what these shapes before him were, his vision had become clear, revealing a horrifying site.

Almost every single seat in the plane was filled with the bodies of dead Characters, each one either slumped in their seats, hunched over, or pinned to their seats from debris. Dead Characters were lying in the aisles, some of them looking like ragdolls, and some of them so horribly damaged from the crash that they were barely recognizable.

As the sight before him finally registered, John sharply inhaled and began to breathe faster and more heavily as his eyes widened. Shock quickly shot through his chest as he realized that there were corpses all around him. Just as John turned around to see the front of the plane, he came face-to-face with a large, sharp piece of metal that was jammed into the top of the plane, most likely a piece of shrapnel from the very front of the plane. The piece of metal was mere inches away from his face, and if it had gone forward just a two more inches, John would have been dead. John reeled back from the metal spike pointing at the center of his head and sank further and further into the back of his seat, trying to put distance between the potentially lethal piece of metal and his face. John eyed the piece of metal as his breathing slowed down and as he regained control over his emotions. Yes, he was mere inches away from a horrible death, but he was lucky to be alive, lucky that he wasn't injured. John needed to remain calm and think clearly in a situation like this. Yukari-

That's when John remembered that he was next to Yukari before the plane crash. Unease began to flood John as he turned his head over to the seat next to him, but as he did, that unease turned to fear. The seat to John's right was empty, no sign of Yukari. John's breathing returned to it's fast and heavy pattern like before, and thoughts began to flood his mind on Yukari's fate. Where was she? Was she okay? What if she was thrown from the plane and was injured? What if she hit a tree? What if she was impaled on some of the debris? What if she was heavily burned from the fires present in the area? What if she died? John broke out in a sweat as the thoughts rushed through his mind, each one worse than the last. He needed to know, John needed to know if Yukari was alright.

Without hesitation, John unbuckled his seatbelt and slumped into his seat, allowing him to maneuver past the large piece of shrapnel hear his head, and after ducking underneath it, John got out of his seat, taking care not to step on the body in the aisle next to his seat. John looked around, once more taking in his surroundings, hoping to find any signs of life. For all he knew, he was the only person alive from the crash, and he only hoped that he was wrong about that. After a couple of seconds, John walked through the aisle, taking care not to step on bodies as he made his way to the sheared off front of the passenger section. John could see the very front of the plane about 100 feet away, but he didn't even think about exploring it at a time like this. Right now, he needed to find Yukari.

John hopped down from the severed plane and onto the moist ground below, making a soft thud as he landed. As John walked out from the wreckage and towards the left side of it, he could see that the crash was worse than he thought. The seats inside the plane that weren't filled with bodies had their occupants flung out into the wilderness, each one most likely dead. As John passed by a body burning in a fire, he noticed another person dead from smashing into a tree. Seeing this only caused John to worry more for Yukari. He didn't know the extent of her Youkai durability, but he thought that even she would not be completely uninjured from a crash like this. With that in mind, John swallowed hard as he fought back the worry and fear, cupped his hands around his mouth, and called out for Yukari.

"Yukari!", John called out, but was met with silence.

The silence was almost torture to John, but he only hoped that she didn't hear him. In an attempt to better his chances of finding her, John began to walk around the wreckage as he called out for her again.

"Yukari!!!"
      Last edited by S121; 04-21-2014, 03:58 AM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Pine Peninsula

"Interesting..." Yukari muttered to herself as she came across a beach. Not a tropical beach per se, but a beach with sand and gently rushing waves. The sand was white, with pine wood branches sticking out somewhere. Other than herself, though, there were no sign of life. "An island like this... it's quite tranquil."

A soft growl from her stomach warned her of hunger. From what Yukari saw, she was deserted in an uninhabited island, and food was one of the main concerns. Yukari may be a Youkai, but even she can starve and die. Maybe there's food in some of the luggages back in the plane. With a slightly hungry stomach, Yukari began trekking back north to the crash site.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

"YUKARI!!!", John shouted out again, still getting no answer.

John had been looking for Yukari for fifteen minutes now, and so far he was met with nothing but silence. He was beginning to get more and more worried, but he forced it all down and continued to search. He needed to remain calm. It was easier said than done, especially as each passing second brought a little more doubt with it that Yukari was alive.

(No, no. She's probably just unconscious. She's fine.), John thought to himself, trying to comfort himself.

Unfortunately, it wasn't working. If anything, John kept thinking that if she wasn't dead, then she was inches away from death with either a piece of metal sticking out of her body, burned, or mangled from hitting a tree. Fear began to creep up on John as these thoughts came back to his mind, prompting him to shout even louder than before.

"YUKARIII!!!"
          Last edited by S121; 04-21-2014, 02:40 AM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

"YUKARIII!"

Yukari jumped as her name was heard across the forest. That could only be one person, the one that she was hoping to meet. Quickly sprinting to the crash site, she saw John frantically searching for something: presumably her.

"John!" Yukari panted with joy as she took no delay running up to him and slamming her lips on his.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

"John!"

At that very moment, John knew whose voice that was. Hearing her voice broke through John's mental shell and caused all of the fear and worry to flow away as he turned around, breathing heavily from the entire ordeal. Just as soon as he did, Yukari's lips slammed into his, surprising him that she was right behind him at first, but that feeling quickly gave way to relief and happiness. John tightly embraced Yukari as they kissed, and after a long while, John stopped kissing Yukari and spoke.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?", John asked Yukari in a relieved, yet concerned tone.
              sigpic

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

"No I'm not really hurt..." Yukari muttered as she checked herself. She could be bruised in some parts of the body, but there were no burn marks, no blood, no broken bones. "Yeah, I'm okay. But I'm concerned that I can't use my powers."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

John was very relieved to see that Yukari was okay for the most part. She may have had a couple bruises, but it was a much better outcome than being impaled, crushed, burned, or any other horrible injury that came to John's mind. If anything, Yukari was lucky that her injuries were not worse. Of course, when Yukari mentioned that she could not use her abilities, he couldn't help but be confused. Just how exactly could it be that her abilities were not functioning?

"What? How?", John asked Yukari in a confused tone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

"Check, right now. Try and make the Darkness portal. You probably can't." Yukari said in a matter-of-fact like tone. "I tried getting out of here, but I can't open my gaps, no matter how hard I try. I also feel weaker... physically, and you probably would feel it too."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

After Yukari spoke about her loss of physical and magical abilities, John gave her a slightly surprised, yet confused look before taking a step back and testing Yukari's prediction. John focused his mind on a particular spot on the ground, but when he did so, a portal didn't appear. Seeing how that didn't work, John tried again, this time focusing harder than before, but it was all for nothing. Just as Yukari had said, his Corridor of Darkness wouldn't open. After that, John focused on his body and looked at his hands as he clenched them tightly. Based on how hard his hands were closed, he could tell that his strength had been greatly diminished. John quickly looked back up towards Yukari with a bewildered look on his face.

"How is that even possible? A plane crash shouldn't have that effect on us, should it?", John asked Yukari in a confused tone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

"I don't know what's causing this. Maybe there's something in this island inhibiting our abilities." Yukari hypothesized. Good thing her intelligence and wit were still there. She didn't become the Youkai sage just with power; her wisdom and experience is going to work womders here. "But right now, we need to find a suitable shelter, ample supply of food, and warmth. I don't know what time it is, but I don't want to face the night without a fire."

Yukari walked up to the plane and began inspecting... dead bodies? "Let's see if we can salvage from the plane wreck. Maybe we can find some supplies to help us."
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

John quickly considered what Yukari had said and fully agreed with her idea. The fact of the matter was that they were stranded without their powers wit a bunch of dead bodies around them. In a situation like this, they needed to think about survival. They didn't know where on the planet they were, or even how long they would be stranded. At the very least, John could tell what time it was. Based on the presence of dew covering the pine forest, John could tell that it was morning. Not only that, John could tell what time it was, thanks to the position of the sun in the sky.

"The sun is coming from the east. It's about 7 in the morning.", John said to Yukari as he walked towards her.

"As for shelter, we could either use the pilot's cabin, or the rest of the plane, maybe the cargo bay if it's not too badly damaged. Fire shouldn't be too hard to make. There's bound to be flammable materials on the plane, and if not, we can use the blankets and pillows in the plane's supply compartment. As for food, the plane's food compartment should have enough to last about two months tops, but we'll need to find another source of food before it runs out. We can also use the liquor and alcohol for medical purposes.", John added as he looked at the plane.
                          Last edited by S121; 04-21-2014, 04:18 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Plane Crash - Pine Forest

"Okay. A burning plane doesn't sound as safe as I hoped but it'll be fine for now. You check for food, I'll see whatever I can find in the cockpit." Yukari allocated the roles and went to the front part of the wrecked airplane to look for whatever she can salvage.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Crash Site - Pine Forest

John nodded at Yukari before she left, and as she walked over to the very front of the plane, John walked back towards the larger portion of the plane and climbed back into the wreckage. John knew that he had passed a galley or two earlier if his calculations were correct, there would be enough food for both Yukari and him for two entire months. Sure, there was plenty of food, but they would have to find another source of food before the plane's food could run out. John walked towards one of the galleys and opened it up, revealing bags of packaged food stacked in the cabinet like bricks in a wall. John gave a light, determined smile as he nodded at the food and closed the doors. If there 330 people on the plane, then that would mean that there would be at least one meal per seat on the plane. If that was the case, then they would have food for 55 days, plenty of food before they could starve. After calculating how much food there was, John moved on to the other galleys and counted all of the food packages in each.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X