X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitro's Shop | San Francisco, CA

"I will explain at the car, just follow me." Alex said, her voice only slightly higher-pitched in the midst of confusion as she opened the entrance door and walked out. Waiting for her was a sleek sports sedan, black as night. She made a motion to Ethan to hurry up as she unlocked the car door and entered.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Having little time to ask questions and being silenced when he had the opportunity to speak, Ethan could do nothing but what he was told. Wasting little time, Ethan quickly followed Alex to the car and sat in the front passenger seat.

"So what's going on?", Ethan asked as he fastened his seatbelt and looked over to Alex.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

"Well you see..." Alex suddenly sheepishly chuckled as she drove off into the streets.

"About an hour from now, a new 18+ club named Nexxus will open for their first night, with Nitro's favorite artist, DJ Sinker, in the house. She didn't want to wait on the line, so we decided to get there at six to not have to wait in line. However, considering how long it'll take for her to get dressed and drive to the club, she probably won't be able to make it." Alex answered Ethan's confusion.

"Now, the reason why she asked me to take you with me is simple." She continued as she took a right turn. "There's a bartender who will work in Nexxus who is Nitro's ex-boyfriend. So she's basically taking you as her fake new boyfriend, to make the ex feel jealous."
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Upon hearing the reason why he was brought along, Ethan's head dropped closer to his shoulders as he gave Alex a somewhat annoyed yet amused look. Despite the fact that Ethan was being used, he couldn't help but find it at least amusing. At least his evening would be a little more interesting than sitting back in his apartment, waiting until midnight.

"Wow. I just met you guys and you're already getting me in to your shenanigans.", Ethan dryly remarked before a very faint smile crept across his face.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

"My apologies." Alex sighed, the car entering the boulevard into Civic Center, where a lot more pedestrians were walking about. "I do, however, have a way to get back to her, if you are interested."
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Civic Center | San Francisco, CA

"No need to apologize for you or Nitro. While I find it somewhat fast that something like this is happening, it's a lot more fun than I had planned tonight.", Ethan as he lightly shrugged before speaking again.

"That depends. What did you have in mind?", Ethan asked Alex.
              sigpic

Comment

"Well, you see, I work as a supermodel for a living, and recently Cosmopolitan gave me 3 VIP passes to Nexxus." Alex said, the car decelerating to a stop due to the red light. "Which means, all the hustle and bustle she is probably doing right now, it's really not a thing, since she can get in through with VIP privilege."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

As soon as Alex said that she was a supermodel, Ethan suddenly blinked his eyes and looked at her in recognition. It turned out that Ethan's suspicions were correct. She was Alexandra Dmitrievna. He couldn't believe he didn't see it before.

"Ohhh, that explains it. This entire time, I could have sworn I saw you somewhere.", Ethan said to Alex.
                  sigpic

Comment

"I won't ask where you saw me from." Alex smiled in moderation. Her face was everywhere: from billboards to television advertisements to naughty magazines. The traffic was given a green light, and the vehicle began accelerating again. "Actually... I'm curious. Where did you see me from?"
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

To be honest, Ethan didn't know whether or not he should mention her talks about the Corrupt, especially since he knew from her speeches that she thought differently about how the Corrupt should be taken care of. Of course despite this, perhaps he could learn something from her. After all, it was only somewhat recently that Ethan finally got out of the hospital. There was much for him to learn.

"I saw you over the TV a couple times, but it was primarily from your talks about the Corrupt and Victor.", Ethan calmly said to Alex.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Ah, of course." Alex nodded as the car took a left and then swift right afterwards. The car displayed 5:39. "It has become quite an international issue, hasn't it? The Corrupts, the news media call it, causing mass hysteria and chaos across the world. Imagine how much oppression and neglect they faced before, to commit to such terrible acts."

It was a summer day, thus the sun was still in the air, albeit slowly descending back to the horizon in a beautiful sunset. "Hmm... everybody's so tense when it comes to that subject. It's better now, but when the Corrupts first emerged, the panic in the streets were comparable to wartime. Some people are so afraid of them that they suggest outright genocide to keep order and peace... but isn't that the exact opposite of what peace and order is? I've been using social media to calm everyone down. If the Corrupts were indeed afflicted by Vector Leire's speech, then surely they can be turned back to the good side, with a bit of love and care, and hopefully governmental aid."

"What do you say about it?"
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

If it wasn't for the fact that Ethan was facing away from Alex and looking out the window, she would have seen Ethan's facade crack as his face twitched in anger about the subject, but as soon as it happened, Ethan took notice and immediately calmed himself down before speaking in a calm, yet seemingly controlled matter.

"I'll be honest, some might be saved, but I don't think many can or even want to be saved. Many of these Corrupt come from a worst past than them simply getting bullied at school or feeling as if the world is out to get them. Some of them are drug dealers, rapists, trafficers, murderers, and members of crime rings. They make a living off what they do. They profit from human suffering, and even if a hand were outstretched to them, they would sooner take advantage of the person than give up their way of life. Some might me misguided, sure... But a lot of them already had something seriously wrong with them to begin with. How I see it, they had a choice. Instead of seeking help and trying to better their lives, they chose to morally implode, sucking everyone down with them, murdering, raping and stealing. In life, our choices have consequences, and I think they just might have dug themselves into a hole they just might get buried in. They.. chose to listen to the ramblings of a raving lunatic, and thought that anarchy and murder would solve all their problems, that harming and killing innocent people would suddenly make the world a better place for them. Their logic is insane, and their actions are unforgivable. I'll admit this, the early ones can be saved, but the ones that have done these things...", Ethan calmly said to Alex before turning his head over to face her.

There was something strange about what Ethan said next. He said it as calmly as all he had said before, but there was something about his aged, almost-dead-inside gaze that made his next words seem haunting, as if there was more to what he was saying than he let on.

"You get what you give. I should know. I've seen first-hand what they're all about.", Ethan finished.
                          sigpic

Comment

San Francisco, CA

"I see..." Alex said apologetically as the car arrived near a building with bright, neon blue sign: Nexxus. "I apologize for bringing such a heavy topic to you."

Nexxus was already brimming with people waiting in line for the club to open. The time was 5:44 PM, 16 minutes before the club opens and another half an hour until the party begins. The bouncer: tall, black man wearing sunglasses and a tight-fitting black shirt that accentuated his muscular biceps, was standing firmly in front of the entrance, awaiting for the order to let the guests in.

"Oh how fortunate, there's a parking slot not taken." Alex commented as she expertly parked her car. It's rare to find a celebrity who would park their own car, much less drive one themselves. Alex looked gorgeous, but she was also very modest about herself as evident in the small details of her lifestyle. "Well, let's wait for Nitro outside, shall we?"
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Nexxus Parking Lot | San Francisco, CA

Ethan may have been bitter about the Corrupt, but after a couple minutes of thought, he did feel bad about being what he perceived to be harsh towards her. Perhaps their views were different, but in the end, they wanted the same thing, for the Corrupt to be dissolved. At this thought, Ethan felt like there was a pit in his stomach as guilt slowly creeper over him.

(Maybe I should...), Ethan thought as Alex drove and parked the car into an empty parking space.

"Yea.", Ethan calmly said to Alex before unbuckling his seatbelt and putting his hand against the door release, but before he could open the door, he suddenly stopped and spoke again.

"I apologize for coming off as cold or harsh earlier... The fact of the matter is, we both want the same thing, and you just do the best you can with what you have. If you'v le changed a number of the Corrupt, then that's all that matters. That's less people that can hurt others.", Ethan said to Alex as he stared at his door.
                              sigpic

Comment

Nexxus | San Francisco, CA

"You don't need to apologize." Alex smiled warmly and seductively as she left the vehicle.

The wind picked up from the bay and blew into the hills of the city, although the summer heat still lingered at this time of the day. The pedestrians took note of Alex, whispering her name: the ladies taking a jealous glance while the men opting for a more lustful stare at Alex's figures.

"Are you a Bay Area native?" Alex asked as the two waited for the walk sign.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X