Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((Wriggle is letting me start out in this general area))
    Nexxus - In Line to get in | San Francisco, CA

It was a rather boring and quiet day in San Francisco. Nothing of any significance had happened at all today, not even a single report on any of the Corrupt having attacked a location in the city at all. All that happened was a few news reports and speeches about the Corrupt, DCERT, and various other related topics.... but nothing of importance or significance to Drake. The lone mercenary's day had been boring due to the lack of 'action' and whatnot lately. Hell he hadn't even got any jobs lately from DCERT, or any Corrupt gangs.

"I think I should start advertising..." Drake he jokingly thought to himself as he waited near the back of the line to get into the Nexxus. The reason why he is in line is because a few days ago he had gotten a reservation to get into the Nexxus thanks to an old 'friend' of his working with DCERT. Since Drake had nothing better to do... he figured he'd rather just use his reserved ticket to get into Nexxus and spend the night here. At least it beats sitting around doing nothing...

Comment

(Sorry for short post.)
      Nexxus | San Francisco, CA

"No. I actually used to live in Dallas, Texas before moving here to get my degree in Nanotech Engineering.", Ethan answered as he walked beside Alex, noticing the stares she was getting, but not caring too much. After all, this kind of thing was most likely normal for her.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

"I see." Alex nodded. The red light signal allowed pedestrians to trod on the crosswalk to the club.

"I wasn't one for those kinds of education. All the numbers didn't suit me." Alex added as she took notice of a familiar car parking at the space in the vicinity of the two. "And there she is."

The silver sedan stopped at the slot next to Ethan and Alex. A few seconds later, Nitro stepped out the vehicle. She looked amazing, wearing a gradient one-shoulder fringe dress with red pump heels. Her messy hairs were combed and well-prepared. Her makeup was modest, in comparison to Alex's super-long eyelashes.

"I drove here as fast as I could!" Nitro announced and, seeing the line piling up, cried out in despair. "Aww man, with so many people, we'll never get in!"

"Yeah, about that..." Alex chuckled, flashing three VIP pass tickets in front of her. Realizing that she has been hoodwinked, Nitro bawled again.

"AAAAGH, ALEX I HATE YOU SO MUCH!" Nitro shouted. She, of course, didn't mean that, as Alex could be seen laughing like a maniac in the middle of the street.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

As Nitori shouted and Alex laughed like a maniac, Ethan silently stood there and thought about the two. From what He could tell, they must have been close friends to act so openly to one another. To be honest, it was somewhat refreshing to Ethan to be around such a positive atmosphere, or at least to not feel as down as he usually does, although Ethan did feel somewhat out of place and awkward with the handful of people watching the commotion at a distance.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

"Oh, Nitro, did I mention that I love you so much?" Alex teased, squeezing Nitro's cheeks much to her protest.

"Mmph mmph!" Nitro flailed around in objection, and Alex let go of her cheeks. "Sheesh, just because my cheeks remind you of chocolate mochi doesn't mean you should squeeze on them!"

"Hehehe, sorry." Alex chuckled as she counted the VIP passes again. One, two, three, just enough for the three of them to have a great time this evening. "Anyway, shall we enter?"

"Right!" Nitro nodded, snatching a VIP pass from Alex's hands. "Come on, Ethan, let's go!"
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

After seeing Alex pinch Nitro's cheeks and Nitro protesting to it, Ethan couldn't help but give a very faint smile at the two's hijinks. In Ethan's mind, he thought the two of them acted almost like siblings. Just then, Alex pulled out the tickets before Nitro told Ethan to follow the two of them inside.

Ok., Ethan simply said as he followed Alex and Nitro into the club.
              sigpic

Comment

"10 minutes, everyone!" The bouncer made a live update of how long it'll take for the club to open. Several groans of impatience could be heard from the line of people waiting as Nitro, Alex, and Ethan approached the bouncer. "Sorry, you'll have to go to the back of the line-"

"I don't think that'll be necessary." Alex flashed the butler her VIP pass. The bouncer's eyes dilated and, after scanning that all three passes were legitimate, he opened the club's door only for the three.

"Have a great time at the Nexxus." The bouncer said politely, ushering the three in and closing the door behind them.

The Nexxus was both relaxing and exciting at the same time. The staffs: the waiters and waitresses, the sound staff, and the bartenders; were busy adding last touches to the interior. The entire club was cool and illuminated with incandescent light, except for the dance floor which was lit up with cold neon light.

"This place looks awesome." Nitro's smile widened in awe as she looked around to find all sorts of different interior decor. "I just can't wait."

"Why don't we save a table for ourselves first?" Alex suggested. "We should sit near the dance floor, so we can watch people dance."

"Yeah, and we'll get to see DJ Sinker up close too!" Nitro nodded in concord. "Why don't you two get to that? I want to fix my hair before the club opens."

"Still opting to make Joseph jealous?" Alex teased, chuckling lightly at the thought. "Well, you have fun. Ethan, this way."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

???

Walking down to his room amongst a dark hallway is a tall, lean figure, a black mamba wrapped around his neck. He seems to have some goal in mind. He reached for his cellphone. he began to dial up Nitro's Shop, hoping someone would pick up. He had... a delivery mission in mind for tonight. Only she had the potential to offer what is needed.

Comment

As Alex, Nitro, and Ethan entered the club, Ethan began to look about the room, seeing all there was to see, seeing the staff make the final touches to the decorations, the lights, the dance floor that was illuminated by the softly glowing neon light, and the bar.

(Yep, looks like a legitimate club.), Ethan thought to himself before his attention was drawn towards Nitro and Alex, who were talking about making Nitro's ex, Joseph, jealous.

Sure, Ethan came along with the two of them with the knowledge they we're trying to make Nitro's ex jealous. Of course, he just hoped Joseph wasn't the violent type. An incident between them would prove to be messy for the both of them.

Just then, Alex instructed him to follow her to a nearby table, causing Ethan to look over at her and lightly not.

"Got it.", Ethan said As he began to follow Alex.
                    sigpic

Comment

Off in the bathroom, Nitro was fixing her slightly wind-blown hair when she received a phone call from an unknown source.

"Oh good, I didn't forget." Nitro sighed in relief and brought the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

Alex led Ethan to a table that had a clear view of the dance floor. Upon closer look, the dance floor was made of safety glass that wouldn't break even to excessive foot stomping labeled as dancing for most people. Strobes of neon light pulsed, making a crystalline structure. The floor was mostly empty, except for a steel pole in the middle supporting a set of lights on the ceiling. The tables too were made of safety glass, with small fluorescent light pulsing underneath.

Alex looked around on the table to find a small coated paper listing food items that could be ordered. "Would you like to eat anything? My treat."
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

As Ethan sat down at the table, he looked at the menu and considered Alex's offer. To be honest, Ethan felt somehow guilty for accepting her kindness, but at the same time, he didn't want to appear rude by rejecting it either. In the end, he decided to order something simple from the menu a simple sandwich, something that would be cheap, yet filling with a satisfying taste.

"I'll take a Nexxus Sandwich and some water.", Ethan said to Alex.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nexxus

Amidst the, for now, mostly empty club was one person, one who was not a waiter or waitress, barkeeps and other staff, was a single person, sitting at one of the tables, a blank black mask blocking identification as said person sipped on a glass of red wine.

The person hadn't really planned to go to a club anytime soon, but when one of her good clients sent them a VIP ticket as a bonus payment? Well, might as well endulge a little. Never hurt, especially in the line of work the person did. Might as well sit back for a moment, and enjoy the show for a small time before going back out to the real world.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

"Water?" Alex nodded. "I knew I didn't take you for a drinker. Your eyes say so."

The bouncer looked at his wristwatch: it was almost 6, and the line was growing restless. It's about time.

"Alright, everyone, single file, welcome to the Nexxus." The bouncer began allowing the regular guests in, and the line began moving with sighs of relief.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Drake continued to wait in line patiently, yet was still getting pretty agitated. Thankfully though he heard the Bouncer announced that the place was now open, and he was going to start letting people in, followed by sighs of relief from the crowd.

"Finally. Bout time this line starts moving. I was getting ready to just leave. Wish I had a VIP ticket though..." Commented Drake as the line slowly began moving... slowly, but surely he would get into the club.

Comment

???

A smooth, silky voice responded to Nitro's greeting.

"So this is the famed Nitro. I know you're a woman of business so I'll cut to the chase. You like money. Who doesn't? I need something important. I know you can work wonders, so I need a cloaking device. Something that will make my client nearly invisible. Even a refraction sheet works. Just don't expect to get paid as much. I need it to withstand hours of use, and try and make it chargeable. I am willing to pay a handsome amount if you can get these to me by tomorrow. You set the price, and we can work from there. However, this may be child's play for you. So I'll tell you what. If you can get this o me in any way, shape or form by nine o' clock, I will pay double the amount. Tell me if you agree to the terms and I will tell you where to send."

Comment

Working...
                                X