Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first and second sets are more typical to This War of Mine's setting and time period.
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

I think I´ll use the clothing for pictures 1 and 2, but using picture 4´s face then. Thanks for the feedback
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:

Found what my dude will look like

Comment

I'm just going to describe mine, also my app is pretty much done if I join.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Done.

Name: Nathan Andrew Duibhshíth

Appearance: Like this, except for the sci-fi weapon, the mechanical stuff attached to his hands, and the various holes in his body.

- 5'10'' (177.8 cm)
            - 200 lbs (90.718474 kg)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...35e4786390.jpg
            http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MdQ-ivj8ej...by+rikelee.jpg

Personality: Tends to be focused, alert, and quite serious when in a crisis, but friendly and rather calm or casual outside of dangerous situations.

Skills: Good at archery, crossbows, and marksmanship. Knows basic first-aid and various outdoor survival skills. Is also quite clever, and creative enough to craft somewhat basic things out of scrap.

Equipment:

Spoiler:

Weapons
            Spoiler:

Compound Bow
            Spoiler:
            Used primarily for hunting, this bow is capable of firing arrows at longer distances with less force required to draw the string. The bow has an IBO speed of 354 fps, a draw strength of 70 lbs, and a weight of 3.9 lbs.

http://xpeditionarchery.com/wp-conte...ledProfile.jpg

Hunting Knife
            Spoiler:

With the blade measuring at 8 inches and being made of carbon steel, this knife is the hunter's best friend and can be used as both a weapon and a tool; a must-have in any hunter's arsenal.

http://www.swords24.eu/images/produc...ed_HK-6004.jpg

Misc.
            Spoiler:
            10 arrows, 3-4 days of food and water, a canteen, a metal flashlight, and various pockets and small bags to carry that stuff.

Biography: (This was getting WAY too long for it to be beneficial for anyone, so I went with an idea Kilel gave me and shortened it with bullet points.)

- Was a boy in a family that hunted often and as a consequence, learned how to fire bows, crossbows, and guns, as well as learned how to survive in the wild.
            - Grew up and was enlisted into the military.
            - Following the death of one of his close friends in his company, as well as the ethics of the ethics of the military being put into question after witnessing a series of crimes and injustices being brought out by many of the soldiers, he goes AWOL and is branded a Deserter soon after.
            - Raided a nearby hunting shop and gathered up supplies in the hopes of outlasting the chaos and seeking asylum in another country afterwards.
            - Spends the rest of his days up till this point being a lone wolf, trying to avoid the worst the war could throw at him while roaming the city, never staying in one place for very long.

Traumas and Addiction: As a consequence of such complicated circumstances during his time in service, he had decided that he no longer wanted anything to do with killing people. Sure, he is not above injuring people and shooting them, but he does not want to kill anyone anymore. Also, he can't help but slightly cringe and feel a quiet rage build up inside of him when seeing the atrocities that people can inflict upon others, due to the incident while in the military. Known to like coffee.

Notes:
            Last edited by S121; 05-13-2015, 08:47 AM.
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Name: Alex Rith

Appearance:
              Spoiler:

- Height: 5' 7"
              - Weight 160 lbs
              - Body measurements, if applicable
              - Hair color: Brown (buzzed)
              - Eye color: Green
              - Any other unusual physical appearances

Personality: Alex is a rather boisterous man, confident in his running abilities, though he's also tends to tell tall tales. Quick to run from a fight if he doesn't have some sort of advantage.

Skills: Alex is what is known as a "Day-runner," a brave few people who scavenge the city during the day, when there are far fewer people wandering the abandoned houses. In fact, they often use this to their advantage when dealing with most people, as many people that they come by are often exhausted from the night, or asleep altogether. His skills include being fleet of foot, crafty, able to fit through small spaces with little trouble, experienced in dodging snipers, knowledgeable of sniper routines.

Biography: Alex was born in Ireland. His family moved to Minerva when he was 6. He started his solo life in Minerva as a low-wage salary man when he was 20. However, he was addicted to the rush of adrenaline he would get when running around. As such, most of the time that he was off work, he would spend running through the streets of Minerva while also dabbling in Freerunning. When the occupation came to Minerva, he lost his job, like most other civilians.
              He had never had much experience with fighting people, so he decided to give his luck a test. He then became a Day-runner, using the nocturnal nature that many of Minerva's citizens took on as a way to be more energetic during the night to his advantage. He often acts as a courier when he's not scavenging for food and supplies.

Traumas and Addiction: Alex is addicted to adrenaline. As such, he sometimes acts before he thinks, putting himself in perilous situations.

Notes: Alex carries around a 9mm pistol with two rounds in the magazine. One for self-defense, one for the fast way out.

Y'all know my general hours, yo. Mostly at night with some time during the day.

Comment

@Kilel
                ACCEPTED
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Name: Elizabeth Hawke (Liz)

Appearance: It is a combination of this pictures
                  Face
                  Spoiler:
                  http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1365/34/1365349309659.jpg

with the clothing of this picture
                  Spoiler:
                  https://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/99764611/disp/dbc9ed6b7d17acccb049b122cd1248e2.jpg

- Height 1.83 meters or 6.00393701 feet
                  - Weight 82 Kilograms
                  - Body measurements, chest: 82 - waist: 73 - Hips: 81

- Hair color reddish brown

- Eye color gray with a hint of blue

- Any other unusual physical appearances: None

Personality: Usually an optimistic person, Liz tries to see the good in things, even in the darkest moments there is something that can be done, when it comes to other survivors, the redhead tries to help them, but she knows her offering hand could be bitten, so here comes her prepared senses to see if someone is lying or hostile because of the tremble of a hand, the sweating in the clothing and other similar unconscious actions. Elizabeth knows when to be optimistic, but there are times when realism is also needed to keep herself alive.

Skills: Liz the has the knack to build traps, white weaponry, even clothing for both protection of the weather or from an attack by using anything as a material in this wasteland, she has the philosophy of "What is trash to one is the treasure for another one", she is pretty creative when it comes to spur of the moment plans and can work with pressure. Some other survivors trade some of their stuff with her equipment if they have something to work with, and she can protect herself with her own stuff.

Biography: While the war was still on its "low" moments, Elizabeth Hawke worked on a repair workshop called "You bring it, we fix it", she enjoyed repairing and upgrading the broken stuff that the people brought to her store, from electronic devices to engines, from refrigerators to radios, anything that came through the door or garage could be repaired, if not, she gave the payment back, an apology and a temporary fix.

Minerva was a city of marvels and Liz enjoyed doing her own by building devices of all the types as a way to gain more money in the streets, while they looked rudimentary, her equipment was of top quality and would endure quite some time. But when the war covered the city, she did as many other intelligent people did, prepare.

The mechanic managed to survive by both selling her stuff to other survivors so she could eat and travel through the city with just enough stuff on her backpack. While knowing that leaving precious cargo was painful, she knew that it could also work as a bait for scavengers and maniacs which were at least knocked down by her traps or dead if she was desperate by using the rare but useful pipe bombs she could make.

At the moment, Liz has a pair of binoculars, a set of tools (screwdrivers, wiring, tape, etc..), a shotgun without ammo, some canned food, a hatchet, a pipebomb, and an assortment of materials to make her traps and other objects.

Traumas and Addiction: None that I think so.

Notes: You know that I have a pretty much open schedule, sometimes I can log on 24/7 or I can suddenly be off for hours.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia
                    aCCEPTED

Even though I don't need to approve my own application

Name: Giovanni Martello

Appearance:
                    Spoiler:

Personality: Giovanni is like that really nice grandfather who visits you during the weekends with a gift for his grandsons and granddaughters and takes them out to minigolf and buys them ice cream.

He doesn't seem to mind too much about killing bandits and corrupt military personnel, but stealing from innocent or doing harm to those who are defenseless gets his morale down quite a bit.

Skills: Giovanni worked as a metal worker for all his life, excluding a small time of his youth. Therefore, he is very knowledged in creating tools out of sheets of metal and scraps of materials. Even when two people are making the same sawblade, Giovanni uses less material, takes less time, and can make a more efficient tool.

Biography: Giovanni is a man of few words but a large heart. He was born to a poor family who came from a long lineage of blacksmithing, so it was natural that he pick up the family business and continue the legacy. However, Giovanni hated hammering away at metal all day, and decided to head to Rome to start a music career.

Things began to go fine for Giovanni. In fact, he was very close to signing a record deal with a large record company in Rome... until World War II broke out. Like all young men, Giovanni was drafted to fight for Musolini and the Axis power.

Somehow, Giovanni survived the war. However, his dreams of being a superstar was shattered to dust. He returned to his home in Sicily and picked up his father; and through him his ancestors' blacksmith.

55 years have passed. He is now old, but no way is he weary. Decades of working at the smith made Giovanni lean but strong. Compared to his peers, or even younger men, Giovanni was not to be ignored just because of his age. He loves to ride motorcycles around the island, and he also enjoys extreme sports such as sky diving and mountain climbing.

Giovanni was in Minerva visiting a friend of his when the war suddenly broke loose. Thankfully he brought some of his trusty tools, so he can at least put his talents to good use while he lies low for awhile.

Traumas and Addiction: With his iron mentality even as a youngster, Giovanni lived through the war without much side effects. Sudden popping sounds sometimes make him flinch, but the nightmares that the PTSD-driven war veterans describe does not seem to haunt Giovanni.

Giovanni is a smoker, so he will get a little cranky if he can't get a hand on the smokes.

Notes: Giovanni starts off with a knapsack of sorts with the following items inside:
                    - Portable welder
                    - Handsaw
                    - Butane handtorch with a small quantity of butane leftover
                    - Small bit of food (enough for someone to last about 2 - 3 days without going hungry)
                    - One 1.5L bottle of clean water, quarter-empty.
                    - Various scraps of materials
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

@Zekai
                      I kinda think that's a little too many weapons for a starting inventory.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Zero ^

I have a number of gripes with this character.

1: Edge
                        2: "Zero" ... Who the fuck names their kid Zero?
                        3: LONG BLACK SPIKEY HAIR
                        4: RED FUCKING EYES
                        5: Edge
                        6: 19, stupid good at combat
                        7: Maximum over-edge.
                        8: Generic "Lost my entire family" backstory
                        9: MORE EDGE
                        10: Gotta use cool stereotypes
                        11: 2 ALTERED TONFAS
                        12: 2 GUNBLADES
                        13: SWORD. PERIOD.
                        14: EDGE
                        15: MOTHERFUCKING POCKY
                        Last edited by Kilelicus; 05-12-2015, 02:52 AM.

Comment

well.. they already pointed things out.

The character needs to be more realistic Zekai, it has to be a normal person, sure he/she can have some things that are unique of him/her, but you did put too many things for him to stand out.

I suggest you to try something like the average fallout series character, just without the laser/energy guns

Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

I wasn't going to start him off with all that, just listing what he'll get throughout the rp.

@Kilel

I wasn't thinking of Shadow at all and I don't care about your opinion at all since it's Wriggle that has to approve it. Also, I didn't say anything about your app so no reason for you to say anything about mine.

@Kristia

I did go realistic. Only thing that's not is his name and you know why I named him that. Also, never played any Fallout games.
                            Last edited by Zekai; 05-12-2015, 06:45 AM.
                            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Heres the thing, zekai, you DIDNT make him all that realistic. You literally created an Edgelord whos probably just gonna get shot by one of the other characters. Nobody has red eyes. Nobody has anime hair. Nobody has fucking pocky in a goddamn shelled out warzone in the 20th century. Hes literally trained as a soldier, as well.

And then theres his backstory and disposition: was this kid never taught manners by a karate mother? Someone who would hammer discipline and respecct into this kids head with a pile driver?

And then the weapons.. why does he have 5 weapons? People will literally shoot him on sight. Why a sword? Whos going to just have a sword lying around?

Please make a human being, not an anime character
                              Last edited by Kilelicus; 05-12-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Dude, its an rp, chill the hell out about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X