Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Pic is broken.
    Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

@ Mega
      right click > Show picture
      for some reason it won't let me do anything else with it... meh

Comment

OHGODTOOCUTE!!!TOOFREAKINGCUTE!!!
        Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

Comment

Sup guys. I'm back.

Comment

@Wonder

Welcome back!

Now, Renamon, Nera, and Six are at the Hakurei Shrine, and John is trying to reason with HM again, only this time he's trying to use their friendship to try and reason with him.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Isaacs one statement about gods...
                Why can't 'higher beings' keep to themselves and stop causing problems for the rest of us?
                Dark Pit makes a similar statement (except he's talking to the gods so he says it in a more "It's your fault" tone) in Kid Icarus Uprising's chapter 22. And then Palutena makes a follow-up statement that sort of elaborates on that point.

Comment

@Cucoo

Actually, that would be interesting to see them both talk about that.

Isaac's veiwpoint is that those that consider themselves higher always subjugate and harm those below them. It even happened in his own universe, multiple times (the Church of Unitology and EarthGov).

He's a cynic when it comes to those things.

How do you think the conversation would play out?
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

@ S121

In chapter 22, Lady Palutena actually confesses about all of that. Except the context is different cause it's more the gods are harming the people because they drag everyone into their power struggles

This is the best quality video I could find of chapter 22 (because KI: U is on the 3DS it makes these things tricky to find...)

Skip the first minute.

The quote I'm looking at is at: around 8:20

Comment

@Cucoo

Ahh, I see.

Of course, I think at that point in time, it will be about HM screwing things up.

EDIT:

How do you plan on introducing Palutena and the PSO2 Character (forgot her name...)?
                      sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of what it would be like if Dante's father sort of drops in on a conversation between Isaac and Palutena.

I mean he is a demon that sealed away the Prince of Darkness Mundus (who is practically the devil in the Devil May Cry series) Mundus's entire army, and his own power away for all of humanity. We are also talking about someone who is rebellious like Dante, yet level headed like Vergil.

Comment

@Mega

How I see it, they would then have three perspectives on the issue.

Isaac would be the kind of guy that would shy away from the whole angels and demons talk, due to Unitology taking his parents and causing a lot of the Necromorph problems.

It would be kind of interesting if Sparda ever found out that Isaac blew up his son.

I don't think Sparda would attack Isaac, but I don't think he would be pleased.
                          sigpic

Comment

I actually think that Sparda would kind of agree with Palutena on a certain level. I find it hard to explain as you don't actually see Sparda himself personally in any actual cutscenes. Only as an unlockable costume for Dante in the Devil May Cry series (the Sparda costumes make him look EXACTLY like Sparda does. Complete with a altered Devil Trigger to look like Sparda's demon form, as well as altered attacks and new attacks in Devil Trigger. In fact in DMC 3 with Sparda's costume Dante's sword is replaced with the Force Edge (Sparda's Sword.))
                            I also don't think that Sparda would be too upset. Yes he might show some hostility towards Isaac, but after hearing of his feats he would be somewhat impressed.

Also I haven't explicitly stated Sparda's powers and skills have I?

The exact extent of Sparda's powers remains unknown; but it is shown that his powers surpassed even the "Prince of Darkness" himself, evidenced when Sparda single-handedly defeated Mundus and his demonic armies. Though it is to be seen that his powers stem from a heat related aspect, the exact nature of his powers are uncertain as his true form appears to be partly corporeal-scales and flesh-and partly ghostly-as if made from smoke or shadow. As in Dante the abilities and utilization of fire and electricity seem to be among his abilities.Arkham himself likened obtaining Sparda's power to becoming a god. In Devil May Cry 3, Dante was unable to defeat Arkham, who wielded the Sparda sword (and thus Sparda's powers) at the time, until Vergil shows up. However, it should be noted that Griffon in the first Devil May Cry stated, after being defeated for the final time, that "[Dante's] are definitely the powers of Sparda. No, even more so.". Also, Nero was able to defeat Sanctus, who wielded Sparda and was connected to the powers of The Savior. It is suggested in Devil May Cry 4 that Sparda acquired the true extent of his power by embracing humanity, which would explain why the demons who attempt to augment their own power with Sparda's are unable to defeat the Sons of Sparda. He was also implied to be a powerful master swordsman, as he trained Baul and Modeus into powerful swordsmen and Modeus stated that Sparda was "the best swordsman in the Demon World", although Dante went so far as to mock his father's swordwork when he faced Baul.

Sparda is known to have used both Yamato and the Sparda (Force Edge). The former he used as a key to lock the Demon World away from the Human World, and he sealed the power of the latter with the Perfect Amulet, turning it into the Force Edge. Also, in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, it is stated that Rebellion is a memento from Sparda to Dante, though its exact significance is unknown.
                            He also used the Luce & Ombra, his own hand made pistols (as shown when you use Sparda's Costume in the Devil May Cry games where Dante's Ebony & Ivory are replaced by Luce & Ombra.)

Sparda in his human form:
                            Spoiler:

Sparda in his demon form (true form):
                            Spoiler:

Force Edge (Sword of Sparda): A powerful two-handed blade containing Sparda's power in the games. When most people wield it they lose most control of it's power and they usually mutate into something dangerous. However there are exceptions.

Luce & Ombra: Handmade by Sparda himself, they are semi-automatic handguns designed to rapidly fire bullets.

Comment

@Mega

Sparda's a demonic gunsmith! XD

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, Sparda does seem to have similar equipment to Dante's.

I think they would all agree on the same thing, that higher-ups shouldn't be using mortals as toys.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lol.

Sparda, the freaking gunsmith, slayer of demonic armies, and a father of twins! Can he be anything else? Oh wait... he's a demon himself... could be somewhat considered a god level demon...

Now onto more serious matters... how would Sparda be introduced into the sequel?

Comment

Working...
                                X