X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

I'm having a hard time deciding what Link's shield would be able to block.

Technically, Link's shield would be made out of a sturdy steel, which means that it would be good at blocking powerful slashing and overwhelming crushing attacks (boulders), but what about strong piercing attacks?

I have no doubt that Link's Hylian Shield is durable, but the question is, how durable? Can it protect him from bullets? What about HM's energy bullets? What about plasma, lasers, or explosions? What about hypersonic rounds? What about high-velocity Titanium spikes?

Yes, half the stuff I mentioned are weapons belonging to other Characters, but it's only hypothetical and to show that there are a lot of things that Link's shield has not blocked before. It's durable, but in the end, it's just a store-bought shield, a cheap knockoff of the original, legendary Hylian Shield.

The SS Master Sword is not really supposed to be in OoT, but it is the one and only Master Sword. It could be that Link eventually found out about it's other abilities, so it makes sense. I'm okay with that because it's the one and only Master Sword. I don't really think it's magic would fade away after a generation or two (probably more.).

@Wriggle

Welcome back!

How are they similar?
    Last edited by S121; 10-25-2013, 09:26 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Let's see...

The most obvious one is this.

There are other ones that aren't as well-built as the ^image

like how Konoka Konoe and Kaguya seems to have similar hairstyle and have similar background (Principal's granddaughter - Princess)

and how Setsuna Sakurazaki has a lot of Cherry blossom attack declaration (and she uses a sword too)
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121

Actually, LoZ: SS's Master Sword IS OoT's Master Sword as is. (Between SS and OoT, The Master Sword...is not used. Thus after the events of SS, the Master Sword has been asleep the entire time, which brings up the conflict of the official timeline, but lets not go there.)

SS is the creation of THE Master Sword of the entire Series. Though there are inconsistences. (AKA Prequels using the new mechanics. And OoT Link didn't use the beam attack but did use a Great Spin. So it's...continuity errors but it's there.)

Though I actually have the theory that the reason it can't use sword beams in OoT is because of Fi "going to sleep" at the end of SS. And she doesn't really wake up again in OoT, though it is hinted that she is reincarnated as Navi...which explains...a lot actually.
        The reason I point out Fi is because she is the Master Sword. so her going to sleep is the abilities going to sleep. Of course, Great Fairies awaken certain aspects through Link himself...so it is possible to grant him sword beams in the OoT version.

Plus in canon of nearly any game with it, The Hylian shield is indestructible except Like-Likes. It can handle lasers, explosives, Volcanic rocks, and bullets (Beamos and a few things I can't think of right now would be the lasers and bullets)

Even though OoT isn't the Hylian Shield that is given by the Thunder Dragon, it's probably the same in different regards. Of Course then there's the Mirror Shield... And THAT is truly indestructible in OoT. You can't even lose it to Like-Likes.

Comment

@Wriggle

Wow. They do look alike.

Patchy's been media hopping.

@Cucoo

I was agreeing with the decision for the Master Sword. It was the Hylian shield I had a problem with. I'm just having a hard time believing that a common shield would be indestructible. In the end, it's your Character, but it is simply my opinion based on what I know about metals.

I suppose it's fine, but just don't have him being able to block the moon, okay?
          Last edited by S121; 10-25-2013, 09:47 PM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@Pringles

Here's what I said about Konoka.

It's Kaguya!
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
              Let's see...

The most obvious one is this.

There are other ones that aren't as well-built as the ^image

like how Konoka Konoe and Kaguya seems to have similar hairstyle and have similar background (Principal's granddaughter - Princess)

and how Setsuna Sakurazaki has a lot of Cherry blossom attack declaration (and she uses a sword too)
              Oh my god... you know... I never realized that until now.

It would be so awesome if there was an actual crossover between Touhou and Negima... though it would be absolutely insane in almost every regard.

Comment

@Sustic
                Totally possible...
                First of all, all the girls of Class 3-A is female.

Second of all, by the end, most, if not all, of them have magical power.

Third of all...

vs

sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Damn... 0_0 I guess you're right. XD
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyway I digress.

What should I do IC wise in both AtWaG and AtWaP?
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                      @Sustic
                      Totally possible...
                      First of all, all the girls of Class 3-A is female.

Second of all, by the end, most, if not all, of them have magical power.

Third of all...

vs

Good points.

I still think it would be insane. In the awesome sense of the word.

I mean seriously! If Touhou should be crossed over with ANYTHING it should be Negima for crying out loud!

Comment

@Sustic

It's been done already.

sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Well, There is Daiyousei.

I would recommend reading from here.

http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ll=1#post46636

John apologized to Dai and began to ask HM about what he's trying to do. Renamon, Nera, and Six then appeared and confronted him as well. John then approached HM, trying to reason with him, but HM tried to punch John. Gerard then stopped HM from punching John by stabbing him in the hand with his katana.

It all ends at this post.

http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ll=1#post46757

As for ATWaP, I'm waiting for Kristia before moving on. I don't know about the others though.
                          Last edited by S121; 10-25-2013, 09:59 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

About the Master Sword, right right
                            On the Shield...
                            OoT still had magic being prevalent...
                            So it could be possible.
                            But...it was in both OoT and SS where the Hylian shield can easily withstand Beamos attacks along with anything else thrown at it, Even electrical attacks are null against it...Though I could be confusing versions now.

Comment

I meant like an official crossover. Like a manga or something where they both crossover (unless that picture IS an official one instead of fanart) I know it's unlikely to ever happen though.

Comment

...I don't know how to fit in there. Dai's just sitting there dazed. I'll just wait for you guys to finish that issue.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X