Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good scale of Dante's abilities and powers (As taken from the wiki.

Dante is an extremely adept combatant. He is incredibly proficient with any type of weapon, displaying near-mastery of them within moments of picking them up. He is also quite skilled in unarmed combat, managing to disarm and subdue Nero barehanded in their second fight; his hand-to-hand combat skills are also displayed by his usage of gauntlet-style Devil Arms.

Dante's skill with firearms is impeccable. He has displayed enough accuracy to hit targets as small as the pommel of his sword; shoot his opponents' bullets out of mid-air; and hit the same target over and over with such unerring precision that his bullets stack on top of each other. Dante is also shown to have incredible hand-eye coordination; for example, he kicks the Neo-Generator into the statue above the bridge approximately 20 meters away from where he stands in Devil May Cry 3, and kicks the seed of Echidna the She-Viper back at her to get her attention in Devil May Cry 4.

Dante possesses extraordinary powers beyond that of any human being and most demons thanks to the blood of his father, The Dark Knight Sparda, running through his veins. Throughout the course of the series Dante has achieved victory over almost all of the powerful demons he's encountered. It's implied that Dante's power surpasses that of even his father, a notable example being when Dante defeated Griffon for the final time the latter commented, "[Dante's] are definitely the powers of Sparda. No, even more so."

He has the strength to punch through and/or shatter stone with little difficulty, and often overpowers demons much larger than himself. Dante's display of superhuman strength indicates that his physical condition is much tougher than that of humans, allowing him to exert his enhanced muscle power to vast proportions without fear of injury or fatigue.

Dante is blindingly fast, able to dash a short distance to dodge attacks, dodge bullets fired at close-range, and move so fast that he appears to teleport. He is extremely agile as well; able to jump to great heights or even balance himself on a flying rocket, as well as run up vertical walls. In addition, his agility allows him to perform amazing feats of acrobatics that easily surpass even the finest human acrobat.

In Devil May Cry 4, it is implied that Dante's strength is not just due to his father, but also from his will to protect others. It is suggested that any Demon who possesses the will to protect and love others rather than to simply destroy will gain the full might of their demonic power, though Dante, Vergil, and Nero may simply be exceptions due to possessing both human souls and demonic power.

Dante can instantly heal from nearly any wound; even the Hell Prides were surprised when he ignored their attacks at the beginning of Devil May Cry 3. Dante's durability has been shown to allow him to simply shrug off wounds that would either disable or outright kill a normal Human, such as being impaled through the chest with his own sword, struck by opponents with superhuman strength (such as when he showed no discomfort when Nero repeatedly punched him in the face with Devil Bringer), or being shot point-blank in the head and stomach.

REMEMBER: Most of the time Dante fights as though the fight is just a game, meaning he never uses the full extent of these powers (except his healing ability which is passive or when he is just showing off.) This means Dante seems weaker and will usually (and most likely) lose against other characters in the RP (with a handful of exceptions) in his first battle against them, because he will most likely underestimate them. (These exceptions are most Touhou Characters, maybe Renamon, maybe X and Zero, John [at the rate John is getting stronger Dante will most likely have a hard time against him even when Dante IS fighting at full power], and most villains in this RP.)

Though since Dante is going to be a hero he will most likely not fight the others unless they get on his nerves, or he is brainwashed (unlikely) or one of the other Protagonist characters are brainwashed. He is a loyal man to his friends so he is reliable when needed.

Also if John and Dante can handle an Alien/ demon army on their own just think how much ass they will kick if they worked together... though Dante better watch his mouth around John.
    Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

I almost read all that. I'm a layzi guy. Sorry. But I kinda get the gist.

Comment

@Wonder
        Hey look, It's Dante's Inferno (kind of).

Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Closest thing to a crossover of dante x komachi we'll find.

Speaking of which, where the hell do you find these pics? I doubt google helped.

Comment

Google Images.

I just know what to type into the engine.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

*Reads Kristia's post

WB!
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

thank you Wriggle, the main power of the neighbourhood got damaged and had to be changed for a new one, I dont know what to post, so I´ll most probably only wait or go to sleep ^^;
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

About to hit a girl? Why not Pupa?

Comment

Okay Dante and Komachi are going to be drinking Alcohol in Dante's room ALONE... Dante better not try anything stupid.
                    Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

You are dealing with a shinigami, Dante, don't do... Anything... Stupid... I NO CONTROL IT!!! KOMACHI, LET'S GO SKY DIVING!!!

Eh? Sure.

Comment

And John goes all out, using everything at his disposal, pushing his darkness abilities to their limit.
                        sigpic

Comment

I can imagine one of the bullets hitting the Pupa activating self-defense AI.

Comment

If Snake can beat it, so can John!
                            sigpic

Comment

Pretty much. But still, to have a freakin robot run you over? At the very least it should be annoying.

Comment

Yea, I'm not sure if laying down would work for John.

Maybe if he jumps over it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X