Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im... I'm just going to take a break for today and start tomorrow. I literally feel like barfing.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Alrighty then. Hope ya feel better.

Comment

Hi guys I'm back.

Comment

Try to keep this thread about the RP and not about what you did over the weekend.

Comment

Suddenly, a Major Mario appears.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Hello people !

Sorry for not posting earlier, but finally it's here : My character sheet !

Name: TossMan

Timezone: UTC

NPC Character of Choice: Vivec, the Warrior-Poet God of the tribunal and vi from the ALMSIVI.

Game of Origin: The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind (but mentioned through TES 1 and TES 2.)

Powers:

The hand of Vivec : An destructive attack that wounds, burns, freezes and shocks people Vivec touches when casted.

The wrath of Vivec : The more power-consuming version of the previous spell able to fire on distant target (under the shape of a relatively slow magic projectile easy to dodge).

Leadership : Being the leader of his own cult and one of the rulers of the land of Morrowind, in addittion to exceptionnal military leadership skills, the centuries (if not millleniums) of political leadership made Vivec to understand every aspect of politics : Bribing, corruption, propaganda, alliances, treatys, speeches and much more are totally understood and often used by Vivec.

Levitation : Even tough Vivec uses this power only for aesthetic purpose, he can stand floating at approximately 50 cm of the ground.

Weapons : Nothing but his fists, even tough his physical strength is clearly above average (but still human-scaled) .

Weaknesses : Being a fallen god far from the source of his godly power, being permanently mentally weakened due to the ghostfence (an virtually unbreakable wall that Vivec created with his own "psychic" power and the Baar Dau (a meteorit that Vivec stops from falling on his metropolis, wisely named Vivec). I also want to say that "mentally weakened" doesn't means Vivec is retarded, but that he can't solve most math-based enigmas and sometimes loses common sense.

Appearance: http://images.uesp.net/2/22/MW-creature-Vivec.jpg

Assuming the picture as a basis, the boundary between the two colors of Vivec's skin is smoother and he looks less muscular. His stare is more calm and he He is wearing his jewelry (plus a toga) only in special circumstances, and is wearing formal costumes (usually gray, and not cheap-looking but not too expensive neither) when meeting important people, and wears casual clothes, in solid dark colors the rest of the time.

Personality: Vivec generally speaks with calm and wise words and add to this a natural charisma that makes him look even wiser than he his. He is an intellectual-type character, so he is usually taciturn and not talkative, and can spend entire hours daily to meditate or think on the same problem. His former godlike status also makes of him a pretentious, proud, and sometimes even pompous person. His occupations in our world are mainly managing the Shrine of Vivec, located in the Asian district of Paris (not a definitive choice), reading books, meditating and sleeping.

Morality: Previously somewhere between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil, now True Neutral with hints of Chaotic Neutral

Biography: /!\WARNING/!\ May contain spoilers !

Well, it's the biography of a character that lived for centuries, so here his official and full lore and background http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vivec_%28god%29 (Copypasta laziness)

Summary :

1E ??? : Vivec's birth and life as a Chimer (nothing to do with chimeras), His friends included lord Nerevar Indoril (Of whom he's the councilor/general), Almalexia, Nerevar's wife and Sotha Sil, Nerevar's Friend (Both of them will become gods in the ALMSIVI Tribunal) and his friend Dagoth

1E 700 : The Red Mountain Battle : During a war against Dwemers (a Dwarf-like race) Triggered by the Dwemeri ambition to create a "Mechanical god" (A very tall Iron golem powered by the heart of a true god, indeed). Dwemer try to draw heart's power with artifacts and they totally fails : Every Dwemer living in Tamriel is instantly turned into a pile of ashes (This is an epic fail).
              After the battle, Nerevar, Vivec, Sotha Sil, etc... swears in front of Azura (A true goddess) to never use the Heart's power.

Some years later Nerevar and dies and the future Tribunal breaks his oath and Uses the Heart's power (with the help of Dwemeri artifacts), triggering the anger of Azura, who changes every Chimer into Dunmers (Dark elves).

1E 2920 : Vivec led and won a 80 years war against the Cyrodilic Empire.

2E 572 : Vivec led and won a war against Eastern invaders named Akaviris.

2E 882 : Dagoth Ur was not dead (what a twist !). And he's really evil and his blocking the access to the heart to other gods (that needs to renew their powers periodically).

3E 417 : After Almalexia and Sotha Sil lost artifacts to Dagoth, weakening them, Vivec decides to power the ghostfence alone, leading to a progressive weakening of his mind

3E 427 : Vivec Meets the Nerevarine, Nerevar's reincarnation (the player in Morrowind). The same year the Nerevarine destroys the heart (basically to kill Dagoth) and Vivec loses a lot of his divine power.

4E 5 : By fleeing and vanishing several years ago, Vivec indirectly triggered the most destructive cataclysm of the Tamriel's History : without Vivec's energy to stop it, the meteorite standing above Vivec (the eponymous metropolis) Violently fell, resulting in completely destroying the city, and triggering a Volcano eruption that integrally destroyed Vvardenfell and generated earthquakes and tsunamis everywhere in Morrowind.

Memento :

1st Era : 2920 years
              2nd Era : 896 years
              3rd Era : 433 years
              4th Era : currently 201 years (In Skyrim events)

Well, after this (long) summary we can getting started with the part that links Vivec to the RP :

When the Horizon events happened, Vivec stayed neutral and decided to found his cult in Western Europe, most accurately in London, dued to the monitoring of sect-like religions less significant than in other western countries. He is currently established in a redbrick house of the Eastern suburbs (or London East, I don't remember how they call it.) He founded a religion based on his godlike status, gathering both people interested by surnatural phenomenons and the most hardcore Elder Scrolls fanboys. The donations allow im to eat daily, pay bills, and wearing clothes, tough his income is relatively low.

Traumas: Deeply guilty feelings from the events that he triggered in 4E 5. Various traumas related to arcs developped in Morrowind and ten times longer than the summary upper. So.. :P

Notes :

Player notes :

First of all, I intend to play Vivec as a "political" character that is not fighting too much. I have nothing against fights or action, but I play this kind of character better.
              Next as I'm at UTC+1 IRL, maybe my posts will be shifted, but they will be steady and daily, except exceptions. ()
              Sorry for this horribly long post, but I have not found the "spoilers" button.
              If not eligible, completions can be made on the GM's request (obviously).

Character notes :

This point is obvious but remember : Vivec is a (fallen) god, but is not godlike nor godly. Rebalances will maybe follow, but I already tried to make it the most fair possible.
              Please count a period where I will be "looking for" my character. I never played Vivec that is a relatively complex character, so I will need a bit of time to learn to play it correctly

EDIT : My character will join the current storyline or I will have to make a long summary of What happened between the Horizon events and the current storyline ?
              Last edited by TossMan; 07-23-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Never played Morrowind. Not too much of an Elder Scrolls fan myself, more of a Fallout fan.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

I like them both.

Morrowind is actually how I got to know Fallout.

Morrowind starts out kind of slow, and the graphics are crap compared to today's graphics, but it has it's charm.

Ahhh, nostalgia...
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

I only played the 3rd. The most hated of the series but it's my personnal favorite. Spent over 300 hours on it. (I played until my modlist made the game too buggy :P)

@ S121 And then Morrowind Overhaul came out, and the game is now more beautiful than Vanilla Skyrim (and my computer fried.)
                    Last edited by TossMan; 07-23-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

The Scamps always made me laugh at their sound effects.

I loved finding daedric shrines and raiding them, but god help you if you pissed off a Dremora Lord.

Ther's just something about Morrowind that Oblivion and Skyrim can't quite replicate.

Maybe it's because I played Morrowind as a kid.

I gotta play that game sometime.

Who knows, maybe I'll be able to run it with only a couple GBs of RAM.
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Alright, I should be home WITHIN an hour. Don't know when.

Comment

Ooh Scamps.. I hate them so much This ability to evade most physical attacks (and then the unability for me to play this ridiculous and so funny "hit" sound).

Comment

@TossMan

Time for a trip down memory lane...

sigpic

Comment

I smiled. That's ways better than all the U.N. was her voice remixes. But... aren't we polluting the RP thread (no offense)

Comment

Yea, sorry about that. I'll try not to do it as much...

There's just a lot of stuff that I like to show people, but it would be kind of dumb to create a whole thread for just one video.

Besides, most of the stuff I post has to do with the RP, just not directly with it.

I consider this a grey area, depending on what I'm posting.

Sometimes, I'll come across one of the character's themes and post it. Sometimes, I'll find a rendition, or a song that is really worth listening to, but there's no effective way to show the people I want to show.

I don't plan on sharing it with everyone on the forum, only with the ones involved with the RP, but I'm not trying to force it down people's throats, so I don't PM it to them and clutter their Inbox.

On here, they can watch it or pass it by. It's their choice. I at least try to have it relate to video games and their characters/plot, the RP's main theme/topic.

If there's some other method I'm missing, then I'm open to suggestions.

That being said, I'll still try to cut down on the stuff I share...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X