X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The soldier offered a hand.

"Mr. Reynard, do you decide to come with us for further questioning? There we can treat you of all and any wounds."

While that was going on, the soldiers had finally reached the mines. They were hidden in the trees.

"Sir, we've reached he location. Nothing is left. There is a staff in the center, and I will proceed to inspect it for evidence."

"Very well. Proceed with caution."

"Very well."

The soldier went to inspect the staff. It didn't look too out of the ordinary. Just a regular staff.

"I see... nothing special about the staff. No evidence, and no markings of names on it."

"I see. Bring the staff and we will take a better look at it."

"Yes sir!"

The soldier removed the staff, but something happened.

"Soldiers, clear out! It's a bo-"

The area where the staff was exploded, and no one was injured but the one who pulled it, who had terrible burns.

"Sir, man down! Sending two soldiers to retreat with the fallen one!"

Two soldiers took the wounded one out of the forest to take him to the infirmary.

"Damn! That was not good... But standing here won't get us anywhere. Are there any other tracks?"

"No obvious ones. Preparing a thorough search."

"Very well. Search every inch of that place. But be careful."
    Last edited by wonderweiss; 07-31-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Everbloom Forest, Near T.Mines (@Wonder)

The offer of receiving medical attention was too good to pass up. Eric searched inside for the will to move and managed to lift his hand up to brush against the soldier's. Friendly or not, someone helping him was going to save his life. He clasped onto the hand and nodded once, too hurt and tired to say much else.

Comment

The soldier grabbed the hand and put the merchant on his back.

"Sir, I have recovered a witness. Shall I return to central?"

"You may."

And so the soldier took off. Meanwhile, the others were still looking for traces, until...

"Look, blood!"

"The blood doesn't lead anywhere. Why would you point this out?"

"Because instead of blood, there is traces of liquid, possible sweat in the dry ground."

"Look over here, the grass around here is parted."

"And it follows the path of the liquid."

"Men, follow the tracks!"

"Yes sir!!!"

The soldiers silently moved towards Jason's house.

Comment

Everbloom Forest

Looking from any advantage points, Kris heard about the idea of using the speed magicians for traveling "Just of curiosity, how much wight can you two handle? I weight 90 kilograms without counting my stuff and I suppose this girl on my back weights from 40 to 50 kilograms" she asked looking at Phenom

Taking an arrow, the huntress straped some gunpowder on its point and shooted with her bow to a far direction, the arrow whistled extremely fast to a random direction and suddenly it exploded when it hit the floor "That should give a diversion to whoever is around" she said putting her bow on its place on her persona
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

As the assassins were moving, one of them were almost hit by a random arrow. He evaded the shot.

Otori stepped outside. "Alright, guys, only one failure, nothing too..."

Then he saw something... a shadow quickly moving past the orange glow of the explosion.

"... Someone is coming."

He took out his iron bat.

Comment

Everbloom Forest

Jason tilted his eyes to the sky as he began to calculate his weight and the added weight of his equipment.
              Once he was finished calculating, he looked back to Phenom and Kris to speak.

"Well, I weigh 180 pounds. My chestplate may be made out of Titanium Alloy, but it weighs close to 100 pounds, due to my father super-condensing the metal with gravity magic. My utility harness and all of it's contents would weigh around... ehh, I'd say 20 pounds. The weight of my Chainsword would be 80 pounds, while my knives weigh about 2 pounds each. Finally, the bag I packed full of food and water would weigh another 40 pounds. I'm carrying 244 pounds of equipment, which means that my total weight is 424 pounds...... That... that does seem like a lot, but I'm actually used to carrying a lot. My work required me to frequently carry heavy equipment and Titanium ore. I don't feel too weighed down at the moment, so I can still carry more.", Jason said as he rubbed the back of his neck, a little embarrassed about being a pack mule.

Just when he was about to speak again, Otori cut in and pulled out his bat.

"... Someone is coming."
              Last edited by S121; 07-31-2013, 11:44 PM.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Everbloom Forest

Preparing her bow again, Kris used her smelling and hearing senses to "see" the surroundings, some animals were running away from something or someone, there were footsteps, many, not in line "These aren´t normal soldiers, they are something more intelligent and are a group of 4 to 6, be ready that they are coming and fast" she said already drawing a volley of 3 arrows, she aimed to the source of the footsteps and shooted them.

As the arrows whistled out of her bow, the huntress then took out one more and took a deepbreath for a precise shot, she closed her eyes and let her other senses map the forest, soon she found the foot steps as a little piece of wood craked, Kris angled a bit her aiming, focusing on her hearing senses, she pipointed her target. Letting her air out, the huntress shooted her arrow at extreme speed towards the target
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

One of the soldiers flew out from a tree high into the air and landed right in front of them with a kneel. Meanwhile, two of the assassins caught the arrow, barely before touching their faces.

"Quick, dismantle them!" Whispered one of them. However, the last one was let loose and exploded nearby. The assassin in the front lines tried to ignore this the best he could, but he was quite angered.

"Excuse me, but who are you all and what do you all know about the recent explosion. Answer correctly and we will take you to civilization for nursing and further questioning."

Otori looked on at the soldier.

"That's something I would like to ask you."

The soldier looked up at Otori then backed away. He activated his communicator.

"Sir, I have found said target, red hair, suit, light brown eyes, the conditions have been met. What am I to do now?"

"What?! You found him?! His name is Otori Inozuka, bring him into custody!"

"Yes sir."

He rushed back to Otori.

"Sir Otori Inozuka, you are summoned to central for questioning immediately!"

"... Is that so? On whose account?"

"That is classified."

"Is that so? Well then... Guys, let's knock him up, but don't kill him. He knows something."
                  Last edited by wonderweiss; 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 9:11 AM

Phenom looked at the soldiers with a massive grin on his face. He knew for sure that they would recognize his face from the wanted posters that surely littered Regius. Given how burnt Everbloom Forest was to the north, and his assumption that it was Seki's doing in a fight, he was sure they'd recognize her, too.

"I'm sorry, sir, I'm afraid we know absolutely nothing about any recent explosion. Such a shame for an explosion to rock this forest. Beautiful place, don't you agree?"

He vanished before the soldier's eyes and reappeared next to him, his arm around his neck as though they were old friends.

"Let me ask you something? Do you recognize this face of mine? Of course you do. Do you know what I do to people like you? Of course you do. But guess what? You're the lucky one!"

Phenom promptly applied a swift chop to the soldier's neck, knocking him out. He hoisted the soldier's limp body up and threw him over to Otori.

"I'm assuming you're coming with us, then? Well since it sounds and looks like you use wind magic, how about you fly homie here to Adhibe while we carry these two to the plains?"

He looked over Jason, Kris and Seki before speaking, taking into account what Jason had said earlier about his load.

"You... uh.. miner kid... Sorry if you mentioned your name, I have trouble with names sometimes... How about you carry the kid? If she's lighter, it will be less of an impediment. I'll carry the our archer friend here."
                    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Otori wasn't used to taking orders, but it's not like he gave any either.

"Yea, sure. Let's go."

All of a sudden, the entire house was shaking, not by an earthquake but by a highly concentrated low frequency sound blast. The soldiers had revealed their tactic, but they still hide. One of them came out and pulled out a sword. Amongst the sound blasts, he spoke as if nothing were happening.

"I'm sorry, but we take the boy or we take your lives for resisting questioning."

The assassin rushed at Phenom with incredible speed.

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 9:11 AM

"You... uh.. miner kid... Sorry if you mentioned your name, I have trouble with names sometimes... How about you carry the kid? If she's lighter, it will be less of an impediment. I'll carry the our archer friend here.", Phenom said.

Jason tightened his backpack and nodded to Phenom.

"Oh, my name's Jason, by the way... Why does everyone keep calling me the miner boy. The miner boy has a name, and he likes to be called by it...", Jason said in a dead-pan tone as he formed a small smirk.

Jason then walked over to Kris and offered to take Seki off of her hands.

"Here, I'll take her. This time, you get to ride on somebody's back.", Jason said in a relatively calm tone.

It was kind of unusual for Jason to be so calm while people hid in the forest, ready to attack at a moment's notice. Perhaps it was because he was emotionally exhausted, or that he was getting used to being in danger.
                        Jason held his hands out to Kris, ready to take Seki's weight off of her shoulders.

All of a sudden, the house behind them shook and an assassin walked out of hiding.

"I'm sorry, but we take the boy or we take your lives for resisting questioning.", the assassin said as he charged Phenom at an incredible speed.

Upon seeing this, Jason pulled out his Chainsword.

"Do you want to die painfully!?", Jason shouted at the assassin as he revved up the chain.
                        Last edited by S121; 07-31-2013, 08:30 PM.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 9:12 AM

"I'm sorry, but you're a little slow."

Phenom feigned to his left and quickly moved to his right, leaving an after image that seemed to leave him splitting into two people. As the assassin was confused, the real Phenom threw a punch aimed at the side of the soldier's head. The impact sent him sailing out of the clearing and back into the trees.

"HEY! I KNOW YOU'RE WATCHING. IF YOUR GENERAL COULDN'T TAKE ME DOWN, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU SCRUBS WILL HAVE ANY MORE OF A CHANCE!?"

(Please post slowly, I'm a bit busy and would like NOT to get left behind.)

Comment

Suddenly, the low frequency rose to the point where move hindrance was very difficult to ignore. Even the assassin had trouble, but he was far more fixed than anyone else. He dodged, jumped to the sky and threw a knife with a bomb attached to it at Phenom.

Meanwhile, as Jason was threatening the assassin, a knife was implanted in front of him. An assassin appeared in it's place.

"That's what we soldiers live for: to die for our leader's cause. But another rule in being a soldier: make sure you put up a damn good fight before you might die!"

The assassin's hand went to Jason's face, about to stab his head with a hidden blade.

Comment

Reacting with the speed magic he was gifted with, Jason quickly raised his Chainsword up and separated the assassin's hand from his arm. With his Chainsword in the air, Jason then spun over to the assassin's flank and slammed the heavy bladed part of the weapon deep into the assassin's back, killing him and sending him to the floor.

All of a sudden, Jason felt a strong disturbance in his body. There was a loud, low-pitched sound coming from somewhere, but Jason didn't know its origin. Using his speed magic, Jason slowed down the vibrations in the air around him and significantly lessened the bass sound's magnitude, allowing him to move without the heavy discomfort. Chainsword in hand, Jason then started to look around for the source of the noise.
                              sigpic

Comment

Phenom followed Jason's suit, slowing the vibrations of the sound waves in his immediate area. He could feel his body beginning to tire, though. He dove out of the way of the knife-bomb, scooping up a couple pebbles to fire at the assassin who was still suspended in mid-air at a high rate of speed. The small bullets screamed toward their target with blinding speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X