X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.9, Neo Kagome, Nova Survival.

I'm not good at speeches, so I won't try.
    Yes, we're updating to 1.9, we are wiping survival, and we're making a Neo Kagome town.
    We are not updating to 1.9 until Neo Kagome is done.
    There's a community meeting about Neo Kagome that needs to be scheduled this week.
    Once Neo Kagome is done, I'll paste it into Nova Survival so we can update to Minecraft 9 and Java 8.

What we have so far can be found a /warp NeoKagome
    things inside the quartz lines will be copied over.

Talk in this thread about Neo Kagome, and also figure out a time for the community meeting.

The time of the meeting is:
    _____ at ____ in the timezone of _____
    Last edited by Sekibanki; 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM.

I like: Cake, more cake, lots of cake, coffee cake, blueberry cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, crumb cake, bundt cake, carrot cake, wedding cake, birthday cake, soap cakes, sponge cakes, yellow cake, Pineapple upside-down cake, rice cakes, crab cakes, angel food cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pound cake, devil's food cake, black forest cake, Cake the band, fruit cake, ice-cream cake, German chocolate cake, shortcake, teacake, cake mix, and Nazrin.

do ender chests carry over during survival wipes?

im not a cool person

Comment

The 26th of March, I'll be on hiatus during April.
      12 or 3pm EST????

Comment

To add to Nazrin's post above, this is in no way a joke or a set-up. Nova Survival is a thing and will be going ahead as soon as we've finalised everything for 1.9 update.
        Also, if my response seems half-assed, it's because I'm watching/listening to MasakoX's Bad Fanfiction Livestream. It's hilarious.

A statement from me on the concept of Nova Survival (love the name, I like it):

So, not long before Minecraft 1.9 was released, we the staff unanimously agreed to reset the Yukkuricraft survival world for the update. I'm not joking. If it weren't against protocol, it'd totally provide screenshots of the forum thread about it.
        Alongside the simple fact that it's 1.9, many of our arguments for resetting survival were, but not limited to, these:
        • Survival was becoming much too old.
          New Survival has been around for at least 2 years, compare this to the original survival which only lasted for at least 1. Don't you agree that, as nostalgic as some people may feel, not everything can last forever? It's about time that we mix things up! Bring in some new life to the server!
        • The changes in 1.9 warrant a reset more than any other update.
          With 1.8, we let the survival world stay because there weren't many changes. Anything that could be obtained in 1.8 was either craftable or could be generated through retroactive world-gen. Minecraft natively will generate temples in chunks that (while already generated) haven't been visited much.
          Compare the above with the combat and generation changes of 1.9. If we were to keep survival as is for 1.9, things wouldn't really be that enjoyable nor different. For the folks who already have OP diamond gear, all one would need to do is make a shield, enchant it, and then add Mending to everything. Not really that fun or different... In my honest opinion, 1.9's combat is best experienced from a fresh start. This allows you to get used to the combat changes but also adds a new level of challenge and fun to the early to mid-game of Minecraft survival.

Once the decision was made and we committed to resetting, we began working very hard to collect ideas from within our own ranks as to how to deal with the 1.9 reset. How exactly the new 1.9 content will be handled, how exactly we'll be treating the End, and a whole number of other things. Trust me, updating a server is more a nightmare than you think it is. Remember the 1.7 and 1.8 updates? A crap ton of plugins broke and, with 1.8, a few exploits and bugs arose with the UUID system. A few of those I still have to deal with from time to time. This is probably one of the reasons we didn't tell you guys sooner.
        Yes, holding back and acting in secrecy is not really a good thing. But trust me, we all really needed to get our sh*t together before presenting it all to you guys.

So, for the few who managed to get a sneak peeky on a build we all have been working (we actually put up a spoiler shield to hide it btw), some of you are clearly wondering about the status of Kagome and what exactly that build has to with it.
        As you can guess, that was Neo Kagome! But no worries! While we have been working hard to develop a brand new spawn town to complement Nova Survival, we have not forgotten about you guys! Instead, we've been working on some prototypes and framework from which we all can develop upon.
        While we haven't determined a time yet, we shall be holding a Community Neo Kagome Build Meeting for all who wish to contribute to the upcoming spawn town.
        Staff, Elders, Seniors, whatever you may be, if you want a piece of that spawn town action; we'll be willing to take you on board! (Well, as long you aren't being unreasonable, that is... We, the staff, reserve the right to deny people from building for Neo Kagome.)

If anyone has any questions at all regarding Nova Survival, I (along with the rest of the staff) will be willing to answer any of them. After all, I'm certain a number of you are curious as to how this whole shingdig will be going.
        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-21-2016, 08:42 PM.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Double post because I'm not going to add to that mess of a statement...

@purp
          Ok, to put this aside before the hordes of people come knocking on our door. In our initial plan for Nova Survival, we decided to not allow people to bring their old inventories to Nova Survival. Assuming this idea were to still hold up (despite the massive potential backlash), Ender Chests would be wiped too.

Of course, as Nova Survival is still a way away, not everything is final. We may consider loosening up our policies on Nova Survival or we may just stick to the original plan.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Will the villagers not being able to farm be fixed it when we update

Comment

@Flower
              idk about any villager farming breaks... Was that a vanilla bug present in 1.8 or was that a YC thing? If it's the former, it'll be fixed for sure (hopefully). If it's the latter, I hope our plugin cleanup will somehow fix it.

Comment

yea there is a plugin i believe its whatever one we have the prevents mobs from picking up items which makes breeding villagers = to pulling teeth

Comment

@Flower
                  Oh... Well, idk about that. I didn't even know we had a plugin that prevents mobs from picking stuff up. I knew we prevented Endermen from griefing but that I didn't realise. What a strange side effect...

Comment

you can even test it, zombies should beable to pickup swords shovels and armor

Comment

With a new Kagome, will there be a new forest of magic?

Comment

@nuclear
                        I said this in mumble. But I will make it public. No, there will not. Due to the original nature of Forest of Magic, there will not be a new one. Unless the exact same circumstances were to happen again (and I doubt it), there cannot be a new one. And if one attempts to make one, it will not be a Forest of Magic. It'd just be a Enchanted Woods with People Living in It.

That said, I'm not against the idea of people reviving old 1.8 projects for 1.9. If that's what you wanna do, go ahead. You'll have a new world to make your b*tch. Do what you want with it.

Comment

As a pro tip for anyone not experienced in 1.9's survival yet, skeletons are extremely dangerous due to their newfound tactics and zombie hordes are significantly more common and significantly larger in size. Just a quick heads up.
                          w-what is this autism aura??
                          if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                          our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

So, does Friday or Saturday or Sunday at 10pm EDT sound good to anyone?
                            Last edited by Sekibanki; 03-22-2016, 11:21 PM.

I like: Cake, more cake, lots of cake, coffee cake, blueberry cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, crumb cake, bundt cake, carrot cake, wedding cake, birthday cake, soap cakes, sponge cakes, yellow cake, Pineapple upside-down cake, rice cakes, crab cakes, angel food cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pound cake, devil's food cake, black forest cake, Cake the band, fruit cake, ice-cream cake, German chocolate cake, shortcake, teacake, cake mix, and Nazrin.

Comment

Friday and Saturday, yes. Sunday, maybe.
                              Though that said, I will be wanting to attend anyway. I have a few things I do want to bring up in the meeting (while also pitching in and discussing ideas), assuming others don't take my words out of my mouth.

Also, daylight saving changes on Sunday night so they may be some confusion there... EST vs. EDT

Comment

Working...
                              X