Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

darn I cant make any of those dates I will be out of town

Comment

Easter is this weekend, so I have a feeling most people will be busy, we may have to wait until next weekend.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Yeah, it seems the huge rush to update to 1.9 made some people forget holidays existed. It's best to wait until next weekend, as Shimitty said.

Though, I'm not sure why there's such a need to update to 1.9 ASAP anyway. I understand getting to it soon so we can enjoy the new update and all, but there's no need to be in this much of a hurry. 1.9.1 is probably gonna drop soon and fix some bugs that need fixing anyway, so giving time for that to come out would probably help stability.

I mean, come on. A lot of us have been around to see a few major updates to Minecraft. We all know how stable the 1.x updates are, regardless of how many snapshots there were.
        w-what is this autism aura??
        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Uhhh wait, Forest of Magic as in the one with the Alice Houses all over the place? I'd probably end up doing that again being Alice and all.

Comment

May I make a proposal?

Could we at least keep the items we want to save in the Ender Chests? I mean, what's the harm? If anything, it will keep some of the current players from doing too much to the new map, keeping more intact for newer players. All you do by taking away the iron and diamonds we harvested is give us a reason to go and disrupt the new map searching for more, and rob newcomers of opportunities.

Look, I know I'm not a staff member, and I know that it's not my position to inquire on the decisions of the Mods or Admins. I know I've said some serious bullshit to several of you in the past, because I didn't know how to take a loss. But this is the thing: I think I speak for all of us when I say that this is a pretty big decision that needs a little consideration involving the little people. Nobody likes losing what they worked for. It's not fair to anyone, and you know it.

I agree: a fresh start is a great idea and we definitely need it for 1.9. But please, if this request isn't too much to ask for, consider an option for player to save some of their items from the current map. Many of us have a lot to lose on there, and it would really suck if we had to go through the trouble of trying to rebuild.
            Last edited by MCSuire; 03-23-2016, 01:45 AM.

Comment

SO the rush for 1.9 I think is more about the survival reset. playing survival at the moment is just not worth anything at all knowing that in a few weeks it will all be gone. Think of back before the first reset we had a good amount of time where people where just getting ready for reset and nothing else

Comment

Well, we told everyone we were resetting for 1.7 when 1.6 came out. people spent the entire version preparing.

Also, @jail, you can ask an admin to copy things over from survival to creative.

I like: Cake, more cake, lots of cake, coffee cake, blueberry cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, crumb cake, bundt cake, carrot cake, wedding cake, birthday cake, soap cakes, sponge cakes, yellow cake, Pineapple upside-down cake, rice cakes, crab cakes, angel food cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pound cake, devil's food cake, black forest cake, Cake the band, fruit cake, ice-cream cake, German chocolate cake, shortcake, teacake, cake mix, and Nazrin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sekibanki View Post
                  So, does Friday or Saturday or Sunday at 10pm EDT sound good to anyone?
                  This would be a bit late for people in Europe (that's 3 am for Katrix and me, for example), so would it be possible to do it a bit earlier? Like, 6pm or 7pm EDT?
                  Originally posted by Mogeko
                  Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                  Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                  Praise be to prosciutto.
                  ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                  Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

In that case, may I have my survival builds (the massive treefort with all of Greenwood, in addition to the farms and Rinno's castle next to it) copied to creative, please?

Comment

This post is in regards to Suire but is a message to all members who play Survival. Before I start, I will make the point first; We made the decision to wipe everything a while back. The main reason for it is that if you could just bring resources with you, what's the point of playing survival? With 1.9 changing so much, we want everyone to experience it equally. Nobody should have anything transferred, so please stop trying to change the decision made long before you guys even got the idea a reset would happen.

Originally posted by MCSuire View Post
                      Could we at least keep the items we want to save in the Ender Chests? I mean, what's the harm? If anything, it will keep some of the current players from doing too much to the new map, keeping more intact for newer players. All you do by taking away the iron and diamonds we harvested is give us a reason to go and disrupt the new map searching for more, and rob newcomers of opportunities.
                      No. The harm is that it literally defeats the first main part of survival; Gathering resources. "items we want to save" is literally resources. As for keeping the world intact, that's not our objective for survival. Minecraft Survival is LITERALLY; Survive and gather resources to make survival easier.

Let's make a scenario. You start a new SSP with cheats on. In order to preserve your world, you jump into creative mode to get whatever resources you need without ruining the world. (I know, you don't get creative on the server but just hear me out.)

What have you just done? You just ruined the entire point of survival. That point is to gather the resources provided to you by the world, not preserve them. If newcomers can't find any resources, oh well. That's how SMP works. First come, first serve. Nobody gets a participation medal here.

Look, I know I'm not a staff member, and I know that it's not my position to inquire on the decisions of the Mods or Admins. I know I've said some serious bullshit to several of you in the past, because I didn't know how to take a loss. But this is the thing: I think I speak for all of us when I say that this is a pretty big decision that needs a little consideration involving the little people. Nobody likes losing what they worked for. It's not fair to anyone, and you know it.
                      Actually, while you may not be a staff member, you are a part of the community and we're here to listen to all suggestions and criticism from our community. I mean, you guys are the literal reason we even exist. Also, Suire, you've made a bad impression on people like me, but I don't really care about that if you have something to say.

As for "speaking for all of us", please don't do that. Everyone who's ever done that on YC has said something that not everybody agrees with and it makes you look like an ass. You're speaking for yourself and a group of the community, not the whole community.

Like I stated in my opening, this IS a pretty big decision that WE made a LONG time ago with LOTS of thought put into it. Try not to see the staff as a group of people who are high off their balls making flash decision with a D20.

Yeah, nobody likes losing all their hard work, but that's not unfair to people. In fact, wiping literally everything is the most fair decision to be made for a brand new world. That means we all start at Square 1, nobody has a head start. If you can try and tell me how that's not the fairest scenario, you better have a damn good explanation.

I agree: a fresh start is a great idea and we definitely need it for 1.9. But please, if this request isn't too much to ask for, consider an option for player to save some of their items from the current map. Many of us have a lot to lose on there, and it would really suck if we had to go through the trouble of trying to rebuild.
                      You don't agree, otherwise you wouldn't have made this post. Stick to your argument, it makes people take you more seriously.

The request isn't that much to ask for, but the answer is no. If the staff backs out of this decision, I'm going to be very fucking annoyed and I will be having a word with the people who backed out.

As for losing what you've built, someone's already stated you can have it ported to creative and I'm fairly certain a world download will be available once we update, so you won't be losing anything if you act now.

---
                      Final point is, the answer is NO to transferring items. This is a FULL reset so we can all enjoy, from the very start, a brand new Minecraft world in an amazing update to Minecraft that it desperately needed. I hope this suffices.
                      Last edited by Teshno; 03-23-2016, 02:01 PM. Reason: Redone my post because I hate typing on phones and I'm very brief in what I say, which can result in missing my point.

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
                        No. The harm is that it literally defeats the first main part of survival; Gathering resources. "items we want to save" is literally resources. As for keeping the world intact, that's not our objective for survival. Minecraft Survival is LITERALLY; Survive and gather resources to make survival easier.
                        Unless you're like me and become attached to things easily. I obviously don't care much about resources considering I throw them at other people whenever I get new ones, but I'd still like to keep certain things like my bows and flowers...

On another note my only complaint about new Kagome is how dark it is, and the lacking of the old slight Japanese style the current one has.

Another another note is yay I no longer have to look at that fugly big cobblestone box Reinu made in front of my house and never removed.

Comment

@Gamer and MC
                          I'm going to echo a large amount of what Gamer has said but also add in some of my own points.

I really don't like it when people assume that we don't care about the community and how some of us assume that we only are in it for ourselves. Trust me when I say that a number of my decisions, arguments, and proposals within staff are made with the community in mind. Be it the politics, the welfare, or the economy. If I were doing this for myself, I would be playing SSP, not moderating an SMP server (especially one that has become a major part of my life)!

Also, regarding the preservation of the survival landscape, I'm pretty certain you're not aware of my "Make Spawn Great Again" policy.
                          If you've wondered why some parts of the land outside of Kagome look untouched or natural, chances are I've had to clean that land up. Every once in a while, I patrol some areas around Kagome and look for land deformations that were clearly caused by a player. If there is no current sign of player activity and/or if the deformation is fugly enough, I clean it up. With my own damn resources! No rollbacks, no regen. Just my own bare hands. And if I'm gonna be honest, I am likely going to be doing it again once Nova Survival reaches a certain degree of maturity.
                          So, if you're really that scared about players deforming and tearing up the land; there's at least one person who'll be on cleanup duty.

Sorry, MC, but I have to disagree with you on this. Nothing personal. I just need to get some of my opinions out there.

@Karu
                          Katrix and I removed it like a couple of months ago (within a few days of Reinu being Remicared)... Have you not been checking on survival? Like, at all?
                          That said, I am tempted to say the exact same about a few things I routinely see in survival... >_>
                          Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-23-2016, 06:59 PM.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

TR emphasizes my point of; The staff wouldn't exist without the community. What makes you think we wouldn't care about it?

As for losing personal items, that sucks but a clean wipe is a clean wipe, sorry. I'm gonna lose my nep heads, which I wear 24/7, but that's how it works.

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
                              Final point is, the answer is NO to transferring items. This is a FULL reset so we can all enjoy, from the very start, a brand new Minecraft world in an amazing update to Minecraft that it desperately needed. I hope this suffices.
                              It sufficed. I get the fucking point.

Full reset. Got it. You didn't need to be a total fucking jerk to make that point. For someone who claims to be "very brief in what he says", you really hammed post. All I was asking was a question; not for you to tell me off like a power-hungry douchebag.

And TR, I understand. I'm not going to argue with you guys any further on this. I'll be ready when you guys set the new map, and I'll be at the upcoming meeting if you have no objections having me. And I'm sorry for aggravating you all with something I didn't know about until about thirty minutes before I made my first response on this post. I was not expecting a reset.

It's like telling me that what I've done doesn't matter in the slightest to any of you. There's builds that I and other people made on YC, which happen to be quite important to us. Forgive me for my selfishness, but you can't blame me for showing some distrust and a little bit of concern. Gamer tells me that I've made a bad impression? It's not like he's made any better impressions than I have. Does he ever apologize when he acts like a jerk? No. He just keeps going on being a fucking jerk and nobody complains. If I do, I have to take the heat from somebody and then end up apologizing. What makes Gamer so fucking special? He thinks that his bullying is acceptable. Well unfortunately, that's not the case with me, whether I'm giving or receiving. Sorry if I happen to take your jackassery a bit personally.

I've made arrangements to have my builds transferred to creative. Done. I won't give any of you any more trouble.
                              Last edited by MCSuire; 03-24-2016, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Time to build more Alice Houses!

On a separate note, I think the only things that may get a pass for transfer, with the exception of the new Kagome, is probably event locations like Fort Ahnx and the bomber crash sight.
                                Last edited by Krittercon; 03-24-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X