Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas on what to do with the castle exactly and where it should be?
    sigpic

Comment

Well, it is an Emerald City type thing, so Idk, the thing is that it has a lot of stuff in its surroundings, like a keep and the backyard so maybe when I get online we could work that out, apart from that, it should be AWAY from every human interaction, like, it should be in a corner of the world so that noboddy gets there to grief and do their shenanigans. So that the only accesible way to it is the portal.
      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SUSTIC View Post
        @Tyson

That actually sounds like all fair points and might actually get me to get on the server when the restart happens.

Then again after a certain point I might end up going to do my own thing somewhere in the new survival

EDIT:

That is... if someone actually wants me to join them in survival....
        I may eventually get around to building a new mansion type place, but one in particular I was saving for later I will show you then, but I am hoping to make it a nice sized build in survival, one I think a lot of people would enjoy
        Stance still like the world on pause
        Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
        Firm grasp, let the blade conform
        Manifest thy will, transform
        Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
        Become myth turned life, real lore
        Meet the rage on the field of war
        But never drink of the blood that pours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBYjM5n5Nc

Comment

Putting the idea here since probably most people who agreed in the meeting might have forgotten anyway.

When Nova Survival is released, we will have default exploration boats already in the ports of the docks. This way, we could spread out players much faster at the start of the game, creating foundations for other larger towns pretty early, instead of people just walking around to find them, making all the big towns close to Kagome. This should result in a more lax competition for resources.

Edit: There will be 5 ports for 5 ships off the bat.
          Last edited by Karuiko; 03-26-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

This is concerning the current state of the "Test Neo Kagome". Personally I feel it's getting a bit too large. It's turning from "Kagome town" to "Kagome city". I also feel that the previous issue of new players asking "how do I leave spawn" will only get worse after this. In the next Kagome meeting, we seriously need to consider what we really want /need for Kagome, and what can be put in other locations such as Fort Ahnx.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
              This is concerning the current state of the "Test Neo Kagome". Personally I feel it's getting a bit too large. It's turning from "Kagome town" to "Kagome city". I also feel that the previous issue of new players asking "how do I leave spawn" will only get worse after this. In the next Kagome meeting, we seriously need to consider what we really want /need for Kagome, and what can be put in other locations such as Fort Ahnx.
              You know, that's kinda funny to me. I remember specifically, during early staff discussion about Neo Kagome, we discussed keeping it smaller than the current one. We discussed making it smaller for that exact reason, too.

Man, some people gotta work on their memory.
              w-what is this autism aura??
              if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
              our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Oh trust me, as someone who had to look after the 2nd Kagome project, that's a VERY normal issue. Half of the time, people got too indulged in the build that they forgot some core elements.

The first and second Kagome were built specifically to not be too overwhelming to the looks. It was meant to serve as a hub, and not meant to be the best looking town in Survival. I remember one of the rules for the builds back then was "No exotic materials".

Comment

Honestly, if Kagome is meant to be the spawn town that serves no other purpose than getting you situated in the survival, it needs to be simplistic and small.

But, if people want a pretty town, go for it. I can tell you, from my experience, I'm kinda bored of bland 4-block-variance towns.

..mememized

Comment

The current model is only a rough design of the entire community's input and effort. Final editing may yet take place as necessary.

Comment

I know that we all can't be xadrow but can everyone try to stick to the preset building style?
                      Try to stick to the Dark oak, Spruce, oak wood color palette we already had going on.
                      Too many contrasting colors won't look good.

Comment

*proceeds to spam red and white banners all across the town/city.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by KokoButtz View Post
                          I know that we all can't be xadrow but can everyone try to stick to the preset building style?
                          You just made my day Koko <3

Comment

Since this has been mentioned several times, I have to ask as to why every building is so... samey... White wool walls, spruce with dark oak trim roof, etc.
                            I understand and respect the idea of having a distinct building style. But if you don't make interesting spins on it or have distinct features in place, it'll be very hard to familiarise yourself with your surroundings. And as Neo Kagome grows and grows (though that's another matter entirely), the necessity to instantly recognise your location grows. The only things that really stand out are the shrine, its well, the market gate, and the airport (though that only stands out because of its size and not much else).
                            I will admit that I too am a sinner of this (even spurring it) by making my house the same. But that was only because I suck at eastern builds so I merely played it safe and based my house on my neighbour's (Nazrin).

I honestly don't know how much more I'm gonna stick around for this thing or how much more I'm going to toss into the pit. But I'm noticing some concerning things developing and I really don't want any part of it. And, trust me, I have a lot of things to say...
                            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

The "samey" feel of Kagome would be fine if it was a small town. A very small town.

If you want a big town, you need variation.

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                                Since this has been mentioned several times, I have to ask as to why every building is so... samey... White wool walls, spruce with dark oak trim roof, etc.
                                I understand and respect the idea of having a distinct building style. But if you don't make interesting spins on it or have distinct features in place, it'll be very hard to familiarise yourself with your surroundings. And as Neo Kagome grows and grows (though that's another matter entirely), the necessity to instantly recognise your location grows. The only things that really stand out are the shrine, its well, the market gate, and the airport (though that only stands out because of its size and not much else).
                                I will admit that I too am a sinner of this (even spurring it) by making my house the same. But that was only because I suck at eastern builds so I merely played it safe and based my house on my neighbour's (Nazrin).

I honestly don't know how much more I'm gonna stick around for this thing or how much more I'm going to toss into the pit. But I'm noticing some concerning things developing and I really don't want any part of it. And, trust me, I have a lot of things to say...
                                Personally I'm all for Kagome being diverse, it just should be consistently diverse, not 90% one style, 10% one singular other style. It may actually look better as a checkerboard of style and color, as long as it looks consistent.
                                Last edited by Shimitty; 03-29-2016, 08:11 PM.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Working...
                                X