Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant make it this Friday will be out of town, but yea a festival grounds would be nice for events. Maybe some way to help new people get far way from Kagome with out them winding up in a town. OH I know a KFC for new players

Comment

Kagome Fried Chicken?

If we plan on hosting Attack on Kagome kind of events, we should consider making some sort of a wall around the city to better facilitate defenders.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Sekibanki View Post
        No one said no to Friday. Also, it's two days before a holiday. We can have a meeting next Friday too if you want.
        No one may not have said no directly, but there were still obvious reasons as to why not everyone who wants to attend could attend. Typically, people use entire weekends for holidays, that can include Friday.

Though, multiple community meetings could probably be useful. The initial meeting can help everyone get situated and get an idea of what's happening, while the following meeting allows people to already know what's going on and cut straight to work.

Personally, I doubt I'll be in the meeting because I'm not much of the building type. So, I wouldn't really know what goes on.

Unrelated note
        Kagome Fried Chicken is 10/10. Please add.
        w-what is this autism aura??
        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Let's build a fallout shelter :3c

I'd like to see some kind of job board :3 Like in front of a town hall or something. Though it would probably be less of a bulletin board and more... write your request in this book and the reward for doing it, and put it in this chest

Comment

@Eiburine
            Kinda reminds me of an idea I had for a while. Inspired by Fairy Tail and Monster Hunter, I was considering making a guild in my (soon to be defunct) town of Easterwake. While it'd mostly be for show, I would allow players to undertake tasks and requests from not only myself but also from others who wished to make requests. Be it something as simple as "Gather X redstone" or "Gather X Ender Pearls", or even "Gather 1 Dragon Egg" or "Slay a Wither".
            Speaking of, don't be surprised if I make some kinda MH reference in Nova Survival's End. It wouldn't be a big one. It'd still be one.

Though I honestly don't know how making a job board (in Neo Kagome, at least) would work.
            If jobs are posted on signs, only Elders will be able to make jobs. Not that I'm against that but it does mean that a large portion of our community will only be able to take jobs, not the other way around.
            If jobs are to be written in books and stored in a chest, there's a high likelihood that job requests could get stolen or that the chest would be "vandalised" (unrelated books are posted or junk is crammed into the chest). This option is definitely more sensible but retrieving stolen books would be a massive pain in the ass.
            I love the idea but it's gonna need some work for it to be feasible and idiot-proof.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

We do have a notice board in current Kagome. It died rather quickly.

Comment

@Kritter
                Oh, I know. Unfortunately, very few people would ever visit Tengu and its noticeboard. If the noticeboard isn't located in a high traffic area, it won't often be read or used.
                Also, refer to my previous points as to why that too may not have been used.
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

>notice board

People can't use that unless they're Elder, right? I don't know what the purpose of it is.
                  w-what is this autism aura??
                  if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                  our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Have a 3rd party person or mediator recieve and distribute requests? >w< Anyone can look at the chests containing the requests but need to ask someone in charge of the job board to take the request or to make one :3c

Or better yet put request books in a donation chest and someone with access to it can write it on a sign and put it on the job board

Comment

In all seriousness though, multiple meetings over the course is a really good idea to make the meeting dates flexible. Things that are said can also be written on a thread for people to take a look at.

Also, I'll keeping track of what people's suggesting on thread or off-thread so we don't have to bounce between different medium in the meeting.

Compilation of Building Suggestions in Neo Kagome

Shrine - It's the first thing you see when you spawn, and honestly I feel like it's become such a staple building it should stay as the first thing you see when you spawn.

Airport / Seaport - A way to get to other players' villages, towns, and cities.

Town Centers - Central area that leads to almost everywhere on the city. Should be a large area with cool decorations and stuff

Hot Springs - Because everything's better with half-naked men and women!

Festival Grounds -
                      Originally posted by KokoButtz View Post
                      a place in or near kagome that isn't the pier for events
                      Museum of Histories -
                      Originally posted by S121 View Post
                      I would like to make a museum for YC urban legends and special server related items. It would be cool to spread the stories about and show some of the cool and funny stuff from the past.
                      Food Court - Finding proper food without joining another city is harder than one thinks. Having some sort of food court or restaurant that sells food in exchange for a certain currency system could be a fun place to have. (Besides, Kagome Fried Chicken!)

Wall(?) - A short, maybe 2 - 3 blocks tall wall. This way Attack on Kagome-type events could be held with less chaos, but also give off the feeling of a hamlet. Optionally we can have watch towers where participants can climb up to gain high ground.

[032516] Marketplace - For both NPC shops and player shops. Maybe NPC shops can be on the left side of the marketplace, and the player shops to the right. NPC shops will guarantee that you get what you pay for, while in the player shops you might be able to haggle and get a better deal.
                      Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 03-25-2016, 12:16 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@Eiburine
                        That's what I've been thinking too. Though it might be a pain, it's probably the best option. Heck, I'd be very willing to handle job board operations from time to time.

Only thing to account for then is the location of the job board and its availability. If the thing is obscure and hidden, it could easily be abandoned. It needs to be in a location with high traffic, for certain. Somewhere en route to Neo Kagome's market? Perhaps near the entrance to it?

@Wriggle
                        Loving some of these entries thus far. Some of them are already being worked on but others I would like to see being worked on.
                        Though we may have to adapt our current Neo Kagome prototype to fully implement the town centre idea. We already have a central area (complete with Animal Crossing: New Leaf tree) but it's not that big or that open.

Comment

holy hell me and birb will actually be able to make this meeting its a miracle (next friday makes things a little trickier but we'll be able to manage I think.)

im not a cool person

Comment

Definitely keep a big marketplace, but instead of making it a ton of pathways, have it like a market square. Then probably pathways with more markets branching off that..
                            Player markets were pretty active when current Kagome started, people trading newly mined resources. Perhaps with a flat slate it would last longer this time.

And maybe a blacksmith/armory to implement my suggestion on trading Kagome bills for talismans?

Basically make sure about all the important Kagome bill shops from current Kagome trade over.
                            (Blackmarket didn't see much activity though so I think we can ignore that.)

Comment

@karu
                              Looking over xadrow's current marketplace, there's definitely a possibility for player shops by using the paths that branch from the current market square. The market square itself will be used for mostly NPC shops. Keeping most of them in a central location so they're easy to access and locate.
                              In the current Kagome, NPC shops were rather scattered and sometimes hard to find. Unless you knew Kagome inside and out, you'd have to ask someone to find a certain shop (Obama, Blacksmith, Library, Yotsuba, etc.). This was quite a problem for those who didn't exactly know what they could spend their bills on nor where to find the shops.

Also, while I will be adding to this to our private Kagome shop list, I do wanna bring up the notable lack of Obsidian for sale in the Blocks shop. Was there a particular reason why we forgot/didn't sell these things?

Comment

I think it's just a matter of "I forgot". Obsidian weren't too hard to find/make, and I rarely see much builds with them so I never gave it much thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X