X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kritter
    Fair enough. Someone suggested obsidian in server chat a while back and I thought I'd mention it.
    I find Obsidian to be a wishy-washy material. There's never enough of it to make good stuff with it but it's not really that hard to find/get. Would we consider selling it at all?
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-25-2016, 12:08 PM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

It's not exactly renewable, so I don't see why not. You can mine a lot of it, but doing back and fourth between the nether is a lot of work on its own.

Comment

Back and forth between the nether? Dude, just dig near bedrock. Lava is VERY common there.
        w-what is this autism aura??
        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Just mine the obsidian pillars in the end :3c ...Unless resetting the end wont work the same way in 1.9

Comment

@Eiburine
            Resetting End is rather debatable. As we have no clue how we're going to be handling the dragon eggs, we don't know if the End will be reset anymore... There's no real use for resetting the End in 1.9 except for spawning more dragon eggs. So, until we make up our minds on that, no comment.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Hmm if anything, not allowing the end to reset wouldn't make obsidian renewable anymore so that's more reason to sell obsidian at the shops >w<

Comment

Ok, I have a few things to say,

First, what kind of japanese style do we want to have? Very traditional, or quite mixed and modern? This will define the type of architecture that we want to achieve.

Second, I can make cool fountains if you want one gamer.

Third, So... @Wriggle, do you want a Chrono Trigger type marketplace thing?

Fourth, I'm thinking of an underground city type thing, this would be under the sewers and this would be where you would find the black market an such (well, if you decide that a black market is still needed), I would really like this project to be realised, cuz well, it would be really cool to have stuff Taboo type stuff still available, stuff as, the black market, the assassin's guild and other cool stuff we had in the sewer system in 1.8.

Fifth, I won't be able to make it tonight, cuz I'm far away from home and far away from a stable internet connection, so, PLZ make it next friday (Well, if not, I'll tell Léon to tell me anyway)

Anyway, cya

EDIT: @Eiburine, I tried this in an SSP world, when you perform the resurrection ritual the obsidian of the pillars gets regened too, so don't worry, we will have virtually infinite obsidian, on another note, with that said, we no longer need the reset, cuz all the feautres of the End will stay normal, apart from that, the Ender Gateway will lock while you fight the dragon, and will not unlock until you kill the beast, but the spawn point on the new End Islands will stay the same.
                Last edited by nickmaster00; 03-25-2016, 05:54 PM.
                Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
                  Second, I can make cool fountains if you want one gamer.
                  I really want a fountain in the new Kagome.

On another note, I doubt the Assassin's Guild will be a thing again. It died with you and I have no interest in running or restarting it. As for the sewers and underground aspects of Kagome, I don't know if that as a whole will have as much importance. I don't know exactly where the new Kagome is going but it's different, we're not making Kagome 2.01, we're making Kagome 3.

Also, multiple meetings probably. I hope.

..mememized

Comment

Seems you guys forgot to post in this thread once you were done. Oh well... I'll try and see if I can post as much as I was able to be there for....

As the meeting was primarily a brain-storming and orientation thing, not too much was discussed or worked on. But it was at least a start and a way of getting people into the whole Kagome thing.
                    A second Neo Kagome was copied and pasted to allow users to experiment and built on from the town if they so wished. Katrix installed an interesting grave into Shimitty and Iku's graveyard design. And we garned ideas from said graveyard. Original jokes, easter eggs, good stuff, and all that jazz... We worked upon Shimitty's hot springs. Lots of dicking around was had. A few expressed concerns with some of xadrow's builds and contributions, along with how the current prototype was shaping up. One of the reasons the second Kagome was pasted was so users could modify xadrow's buildings (furnish and "complete" them) without any possibility of messing with xadrow's plans. Also, Starbukusu (スタブクス) really needs to be a thing.

Anything else mentioned or discussed?

Comment

Some other important notes are as follows:
                      > A seed for a terrain with a coast will be used, so we are including a seaport into the build, integrated with the airport.
                      > People are hoping to add functionality to the castle and not have it being rock solid.
                      > Some discussions about types of NPC shops. I think it might be worth if all of you garner ideas in this thread as well.
                      > Meetings will be held on a weekly basis to work on the build together.
                      > Timeframe for completion is unspecified. If people want to move to 1.9 faster then they'll also have to push for Kagome's completion as well.
                      > Possible defense event set-ups?

Comment

*Foaming at mouth*

DID SOMEONE SAY CASTLE?!
                        I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Alayosho View Post
                          *Foaming at mouth*

DID SOMEONE SAY CASTLE?!
                          No. Shoo.

..mememized

Comment

Theres also a fallout shelter that we can use for the black market and end portal entrance :3

Comment

I seem to have posted in the wrong thread, woops.

But also added the idea of having 5 default exploration boats already at the port on day one. This will allow the players to spread out much faster, instead of having all the big major cities being close to Kagome.

Comment

@Karu
                                Eh, it can be put in either thread. Your idea does affect both. It's primarily focuses on Neo Kagome but it's also an idea for Nova Survival.

I don't really see much wrong with that idea. It will indeed encourage players to spread out further than normal and will definitely help the growth of towns more. I do have a couple of concerns but they are very minor and can easily be undone by us staff or by future settlers. Namely griefing, ravaged land, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X