Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
    i promise I won't drop out this month.
    Just for clarification This means I do want to participate this month. Just putting that out there since I haven't been added to the list yet.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Wow shit I forgot to add you. That's my fault. I've had horrible sleep for the past few days and College started for me on Wednesday. Though the good news is I just woke up after a lovely 12 hours of sleep. It's the first good sleep I've had in awhile. Added ya, Shim.

Comment

Update!

Hello, everyone! Just a little update for the contest! First up, I apologize for the delay of closing the building phase and having judging start later than normal. I'm barely home during the week because of college and my days off it's hard to think about this because I try to squeeze as much fun as I can into my free time. BUT! I'm changing up how each of the three phases work in my contest starting after October's theme, though October will also be getting an extension on the building phase as well. Here is how the phases will work from now on:

Phase 1: During the month that the current contestants are building, I will be accepting contestants for the theme of next month! That means you will have an ENTIRE month to sign up for the following month's theme!

Phase 2: The building phase instead of being two weeks will be the entire month! Hopefully this should be plenty of time for contestants to pump out their ideas for the theme and build amazing things!

Phase 3: During the month that the current contestants are building, judges will be judging the previous month's theme. Although it shouldn't take the entire month to judge the entries, it does give judges more time to get around to judging.

So in a nutshell, nothing has really changed other than extensions on all of the phases. There will still be a theme every month, so there is absolutely nothing to worry about! The changes are to make things much more flexible for everyone's schedule to give a better chance for participating. I have also edited the information part of the thread with this updated information. I will not be revealing November's theme until it is time to begin building for October's theme. And with that... I will now say...

Accepting Contestants for October!

I am now accepting contestants for the month of October! Please post now if you would like to be a contestant! Also remember to read the theme carefully before accepting. Entries close at Midnight on October 9th!

Comment

I don't completely understand how the October one is. Are we supposed to build the actual monster, the scene of the encounter or both?
          Last edited by MCSuire; 09-30-2016, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Everything that the human village is describing for the location, except it's up to you if you want to show a representation of the headless youkai or not. I don't care if you show the monster or not because it wouldn't be a living entity. It would be more like a statue, so it's not necessary.

Comment

Alright, I'd like to sign up for the October Contest.

Comment

Sign me up too. I think I understand what I need to build.
                sigpic

Comment

Added you two to the list.

Comment

let me the fuc in

Comment

Update!

I know I just recently made an update on extending the building phase to be a full month, but unfortunately even with this extension people still tell me they are too busy for getting the time to build (Along with telling me they aren't good at building, but I don't accept that excuse. The contest has always been to build for fun. Even if you don't think you're good at it). Because of this, I will be stopping the contest for awhile once October's theme is done and over with. I still haven't gotten around to judging September's entries, and for that I apologize. I do plenty of work at the college to the point where I don't feel like doing any work when I'm home on my own time.

I currently have no judges for October's theme, and I'm not sure if I should include myself with how busy I've been. There are only three contestants so I think having only one judge should be fine, but I personally would prefer a staff member to judge the month of October.

What does this mean for the future? Well, I'm not ending the contest if that's what people may be worrying about. It will just be on hiatus for an undefined amount of time. If I see that server activity is much more lively each day then I will probably bring it back around that time. So for now, it's been fun.

[EDIT]
                      I am allowing the use of Redstone torches and Magma blocks for ambient lighting effects. Originally I would have said no, but I think the ambient lighting would make it look cool at night.
                      Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 11-05-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X