Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monthly Building Contest

Monthly Building Contest

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the Monthly Building Contest! A fun contest for you to test your creative building skills!
    I am your host, Cyros Lugoth, and I hope to make this fun for everyone!

Index:

- Information: What you need to know about the contest.

- Rules: What to do and what not to do in the contest.

- Judges and Contestants: Who are judging this month, and who are participating this month.

- Previous winners: The lucky people who have succeeded above everyone else each month.

- Blacklist: The people who are not welcome in this contest unless they can prove themselves otherwise.
    Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 05-20-2016, 04:25 AM.

Information

September's Theme:

- Theme: Seija has a new house, but it's not upside down, and it's not on the side. It's inside out. What would normally go inside a house is outside the house, and the yard is inside the house.

- Restrictions: No block restrictions this time around as it is a unique theme.

October's Theme:

- Theme: Word is spreading around the human village of a headless youkai terrorizing people who travel down the river of willow trees each night. Those who escape describe the experience as frightening and spooky.

- Restrictions: Contest grounds will be set to night time for the duration of this month. Things that generate a lot of light such as torches and Jack o'Lanterns are not allowed for this theme.

General Information:

- Entry Phase: The theme revealed for next month is what you are signing up for, while the current theme is only for the current contestants.

- Building Phase: The theme revealed for the current month is what the contestants are to build. Make sure you read the theme carefully when building during this time.

- Judging Phase: The theme of the previous month is what the judges are rating. These entries will be put to the side for judges to judge so they are out of the way of the current contestant's building area.

- Prizes: Each contestant will obtain 5 Kagome Bills, while the winner will receive an additional 25! Second place gets an additional 15, and third place gets an additional 5. (Waiting for Kagome Bill implementation)

Contest Time:

- September 28th to October 9th: This is the time in which I will be accepting contestants into the contest for October.

- October 10th to October 31st: This is the time in which the contest grounds are open for building the October theme. Warp: /warp buildingcon

- November 1st to November 30th: This is the time for judges to judge the builds for October.

Back to main post
    Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 09-28-2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Rules

General Rules:

- Server Rules Still Apply: This is the no brainer rule.

- You Cannot Modify Another Contestant's Build: Modifying another contestant's build in any way is an immediate disqualification from the contest.

- Builds Must Match the Theme of the Month: This should be obvious, but it's the whole point of participating in this contest.

- Builds are to be in a 64 x 64 Plot of Land: We will be having the available plots for you with a sign indicating who owns which plot.

- Repeated Offenses: I don't want to do this, but if I think you've been breaking contest rules multiple times as the months go by, you will no longer be able to participate in the contest. See: Blacklist

Judging Criteria:

- How Well the Build Matches the Theme: You will be judged upon how comparable your build is to the theme of the month.

- Attention to Detail: You will be judged upon the finer details you add to your build.

- Creativity: You will be judged upon the unique building style of your build.

- Use of Blocks: You will be judged upon how you use your blocks to compliment each other in your build.

Theme and Creativity will be 30% of your score, while Detail and Block Usage will be 20% of your score for this month.

Back to main post
      Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 09-04-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Judges and Contestants

Back to main post
        Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 10-09-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Previous Winners

May's Winner:

qscgukp

July's Winner:

Eiburine

August's Winner:

Redleaf64

Back to main post
          Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 09-04-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Blacklist

Let's hope nobody gets added to this list.

Back to main post
            Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 05-15-2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Put me in coach. PUT ME IN!
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Oh. That's what I forgot to add. A post for who's participating this month. XD

Either case, you're in, Wriggle. I'll just have to keep a mental note or something for now and fix this topic up when I get around to it.

Comment

You can probably edit the Judges one to add the participants for this month and last months and what not.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I actually have a deleted post in this thread that I can revive, but I would want to edit everything in the topic so everything's in the correct order. The deleted post was an extra post for just in case I needed it when I made the topic, but at the time I didn't think I needed it. Good thing I can revive the post and edit accordingly! 8D

Comment

count me in
                      "Top of the mornin' ta ya bros" -Markiplier

Comment

I wanna join too :3

Comment

Added you guys to the list.

I've also updated the thread to include contestants. I changed Judges to be Judges and Contestants so now we know everybody! 8D

Comment

Silly question, can builders join in? (Not counting on joining for this one cause of lack of time anyway, but for future reference)

Comment

At first I would have said no to staff participating mainly because it would feel biased, and one of the reasons for promoting people to builders is because of their building skill, but after thinking about it, anybody can participate. The only people who can't are the judges. Now THAT would be biased.

Comment

Working...
                              X