• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 14th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 10/7/2017:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.
    However that is for the Forest of Magic only.
    *NEW*
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

We started it off by visiting TRXD's portal to makai that is located in Genso3.0

We then visited Redleaf's Aki farms. We all like it though we agree that the farms should not be so close to the misty lake and that it should be expanded to the west since there is more room to work with. A redstone dust line was made (in-game) showing where it should be cut off on the east most side.

Spoiler: Aki Farms

We then flew over to the Human Village.

The preparation for the Human Village farms have finally started.
    I have cleared some trees from the East side of the human village to make more space for the farms.

Spoiler: HV east side farms

I also brought up the idea to push the hills on the Northwest side of the human village out more. Thus making the Human Village more in a valley and secluded from the rest of Gensokyo.

Spoiler: HV hills

For more visual clarity I have added a side view.

Spoiler: HV hills side

That red wool is only an example by the way it isn't the shape of the hill at all.

An overall view.

Spoiler:

The boobs you see in red will be where the hill is made bigger and moved to. The area shaded in green shows where the land will be flattened.
    The dark red line is where the Spring Path will come to an end, and the shaded purple area is where the land will probably be sunken in some more.

In other news the area for the Canal of Willows has been terraformed so construction on that can finally be started.
    It can be found at (2525,36,2939) in Gensokyo 3.0

Next building meeting is October 21st, 2017 4PM EST.

Spoiler: IMPORTANT READ THIS PLEASE

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: October 7th, 2017 4PM EST

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 13th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 9/16/2017:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.
    *NEW*
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

We started this meeting off by having a 3 man building meeting.
    However more people joined and it became lit quite quickly.

Katrix made a new Youkai Mountain which we had a thorough discussion about.
    This is not the final version. There will be adjustments made, the river will be made a bit wider.
    The Suwa Lake will be edited as well as the plateau near by.

Here's some images he provided if you can not see it ingame.

Spoiler: Youkai Mt.

We also have a new channel for Gensokyo Projects on our discord.
    That channel will be a place for status updates and the like to be posted, instead of posting things like finished builds in #showcase.
    Suggestions and references here would be nice as well.

Since we have these meetings on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month, so....

Next building meeting is October 7th, 2017 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: September 16, 2017 4PM EST

Leave a comment:

• Nuclearblt
    replied
    Summary for 12th Gensokyo Build Meeting: 9/2/17
    Copy paste my dudes:

*NEW STUFF*

Started off by going to 9_Cirno_9's Toad Pond and gave some constructive criticism.
    Then went to SDM to talk about exterior designs and interior layout.
    Shortly after, the sever got AIDS and died.
    After the great AIDS of YC, we yelled at Koko to get to work on Human Village.

Next Meeting is September 16, 2017 4PM EST

biscuit is tired and needs sleep. goodnight.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Building Meeting tomorrow! September 2nd, 2017 4PM EST!

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 11th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 8/19/2017:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    *NEW*

We started this meeting by visiting TR's updated mini model of Makai.
    We then went to the sdm and talked about the exterior and interior designs.
    Redleaf then dropped a ton of awesome player heads on us. And we collectively talked about those the rest of the meeting.

That being said, if you're interested in player heads for creative /warp temphumanvillage and they should be directly behind the Contributors board. Please take a copy of the head instead of taking the whole thing. Don't be that guy.

Next building meeting is September 2nd, 2017 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• Shimitty
    replied
    4 is when I get off work tomorrow so I will be late, if I'm able to show at all.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Building Meeting tomorrow! August 19th, 2017 4PM EST!

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 10th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 8/5/2017:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started off this building meeting by visiting Redleaf's Fluffly Ellen Shop and Rika's Tank design. Then skipped on over to his concepts for a Dream World Space Hub and World of Fantasies from stage 3 of Story of Eastern Wonderland.

We then visited the Mushroom Circle in the Forest of Magic. Then we visited the new Hina Kagiyama house Purp built.

Iku showed off a door design for the research facility in the Lunar Capital.

Nuclear then came on and told us youngsters about terraforming. Basically don't focus on terraforming land that isn't close to builds. You should at least terraform the land in a 100 block radius of the building. It saves more time for you, and it's not that painful.

TRXD then showed a wip mini model of Makai!

We also talked about the Minecraft 1.13 retexturing, but we decided that it's far off into the future, and that it shouldn't really be too much of a problem in the end.

With the update there was quite a bit of progress for Gensokyo! Can't wait to see new things get started, and current things get worked on more.

Next building meeting is August 19th, 2017 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• Redleaf64
    replied
    Got some stuff to do that day but I made some builds that can be looked at while I am gone. If you have questions I can answer them before tomorrow or when I'm back on tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Building Meeting tomorrow! August 5th, 2017 4PM EST!

Leave a comment:

• Nuclearblt
    replied
    Build meeting is postponed until August 5th due to a lack of participants/builds
    Although I'd like to mention that Cyros has started to make the cave system in Neogensokyo (entrance at x:3361, y:129, z:2042)
    Karu and I have started and are working on the Red's dinky wink path
    I have a really rough blue print for SDM
    Last edited by Nuclearblt; 07-15-2017, 04:47 PM. Reason: I am suck

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    May or may not be here for the building meeting. So if I'm not please take notes and summarize.
    Remember we do these the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month.
    So July 29th there will not be a building meeting.
    We've had 10 of these so I reckon we all know how these meetings go!

I also want to mention, areas that need a bit more terraforming since I might not be able to mention this today.

The river leading out of the Bamboo forest into the lake near the Human Village
    The lowered the water level in one area in the Sanzu river, whoever did that finish it or tell us what you're doing with it?
    The lake at the waterfall, needs fine tuning.
    The river that goes from the waterfall to the Misty lake is very thin and shallow.
    The 1x1 path outside the forest of Magic (some may will know me calling it "Red's Dinky Wink path")

Not saying we have to do these asap (we'll burn ourselves out if we do). Let's take a moment to do some as we wait for 1.12.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Building Meeting tomorrow! July 15th, 2017 4PM EST!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X