Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary for the 57th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 11/16/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

Around one hour and a half before the meeting started, I posted a message in the YC discord linking to a Google Doc about Eientei I made 2 days ago. It's a basic lore run down and it has a bunch of canon and irl references in it. So if you're interested in working on Eientei I would like you to read through that. You can also find that by clicking this link that leads to the YC Genso Drive. If you have any questions then slide into my PMs

When the meeting started I quickly went over said document above. After that was done we went to a model that had the design of Eientei. It had many different designs, and we voted on which designs we liked the most. Things we voted on were things like what kind of designs we would be doing for exterior, what blocks should be used for the ceiling, the several sliding door designs, what block we should use for the floor. After I got some votes on that we decided to get building on Eientei. But we forgot one more thing.

I was reminded on a Eientei Hallways Cyros made. The hallway is infinite and there are many doors, however one door will take you to the real moon (more specifically a tp to the Lunar Capital) and one door will take you to the fake moon.

After that we went back to the Eientei build site and we actually started building. we have the basic frames up. With a bunch of canon and IRL references and a basic design to stick to, it should make building this very easy. However I need to think more on how I will elevate certain parts of the building since the terrain Eientei will be on has an incline. With that said the building meeting naturally came to a close.

List of builds confirmed for the trailer:
    • Hakurei Shrine (of course)
    • Bits of the Forest of Magic
    • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou (any of the 3)
    • The Human Village
    • The SDM
    • Voile's Hisoutensoku Fighting Stage
    • Aki Farm
    • Youkai Mountain
    • The Toad Pond
    • ShikiEiki's Court
    • Eientei
    • Ancient City
    • Genbu Ravine
    • Canal of Willows
    • The Floor of Chireiden (lol)

A date for the trailer hasn't been decided on yet but you can expect it coming sometime before 2020. (lul)

Next building meeting is on December 7th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 58th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 12/7/2019:
      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
      Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
      Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

This was a special building meeting. \o/
      Even though Discord went to shit, we still had a building meeting. We started off by turning Gensokyo into Gensnowkyo, which involved the server dying over and over again because it's still weaker than what it was before the 1.14 update.

Phantom volunteered to make the Christmas Tree and did a good job doing so. The Christmas Tree just has basic decoration because the temp builders and anyone else (who has the power to edit Gensokyo) interested in working on it.

Everyone else worked on decorating the Hakurei Shrine and other places in Gensokyo.
      Overall it was a simple and clean (ha) building meeting.

• The Human Village
      • The SDM
      • Aki Farm
      • Youkai Mountain
      • The Toad Pond
      • ShikiEiki's Court
      • Eientei
      • Ancient City
      • Genbu Ravine
      • Canal of Willows

A date for the trailer hasn't been decided on yet but you can expect it coming e v e n t u a l l y. (lul)

Next building meeting is on December 21st, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 59th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 12/21/2019:
        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This meeting was more of an actual Building Building meeting.

Since this is the last building meeting of the year (and the last of the 2010s). I wanted to finish off strong. Even though it was just me and a couple of other temp builders we zipped around various builds to do some work on them and finish strong.

We started off in the sdm gardens not quite sure what to do, so we zipped around creative by ourselves for a bit working on this and that. We all worked on the last couple of empty rooms in Shiki Eiki's court. However we did split up. I worked on Eientei a bit more, Birb mainly worked on Shiki Eiki's Court, Purp worked on Lunar Capital apartment buildings. Nick made a visit and ported the now completed court into neogensokyo. I then helped fix the lighting of that place.

Now I know a bunch of you are like "kok trailer when?" and I admit the trailer is totally late. I wanted to have a good chunk of buildings in the list below finished at least in the fall of 2019. Buuuuut as always (the curse strikes again) things happen and people get busy. I apologize to those who were looking forward to it this year and for constantly pushing it back. But you have 375 days until 2021 so I'm very sure it'll come out next year (not sure if I can say the same for the rest of Gensokyo tho lul). I'll drop a couple of builds off the list like Genbu Ravine and Eientei if progress on those builds is still slow by late January 2020.

With that being said thank you to all the current and previous temp builders who helped with Gensokyo this year. No, anyone who helped with Gensokyo this year. We got things like the SDM and Shiki's Court completed this year. Lunar Capital finally has a proper vision now. A new map is still on the way but everyone has put a lot of work planning it and believe me it's going to look great! Let's do as much as we can in the New Year. Have a Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

There's not much else for me to say now.... l8r sk8rs. \o/

• The Human Village
        • The SDM
        • Aki Farm
        • Youkai Mountain
        • The Toad Pond
        • ShikiEiki's Court
        • Eientei
        • Ancient City
        • Genbu Ravine
        • Canal of Willows

A date for the trailer hasn't been decided on yet but you can expect it coming e v e n t u a l l y. (lul)

Next building meeting is on January 4th, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 60th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 1/4/2020:
          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This building meeting had less building and more talking.
          For the first building meeting of the year we started off as we always have. We chill out and listen to Lofi-Hiphop beats (to relax and build to) and wait for people to arrive until we start at 4:20pm EST.

However...before I state the new announcement on a better way to make progress on Gensokyo. Let's just start off with things that were built during the days between this meeting and the last meeting.

Where we last left off, Shiki's court got ported into NeoGensokyo to prepare it for the trailer. And Nuclear Birb, Purp and I (and some other cool people) started doing tons of work for Eientei. Which I suspect will be done in the next 2 weeks at most. I also realized that Genbu Ravine is quite a big piece of terrain that will ultimately be left to dust due to us getting a New Gensokyo3 map (s o o n). Since Higan is being worked on it would be easy to reuse the Higan cherry trees for the Spring Path. That way we have another natural landmark to replace Genbu Ravine. It isn't as grand....but it something! \o/

Moving on the announcement that made this building meeting important.

So over the past 2 years I've noticed something about (almost) everyone who has contributed to Gensokyo. For the most part it seems that everyone knows how to furnish interiors of buildings well. But there's not as many people who can easily work on exteriors. While there's nothing really wrong with that, it does slow down progress on Gensokyo due to everyone just waiting for the next building to furnish.

So far the way we've been building is that a couple of people work on the exterior/floorplan, which takes a bit of time considering a lot more thought is put into things like that. We finish most of the building itself off, and then everyone else come in and start furnishing it, and we usually don't move on the the next build until that gets mostly completed.

One thing I tried out last year was just having an open building that anyone could furnish (The Apartments in Lunar Capital), and that got furnished in 3/4 months with only 4 people consistently working on it. There are 72 apartments for those buildings, even though they're not huge but not small either. So imagine if we had around 10 people furnishing those buildings, imagine how much less time that would take compared to 4 people completing it in 3/4 months.

Similar to that Shiki's court exterior was mostly finished in 1 month and the interior got started in October and most of it was finished in November. The only thing left in December was around 3 rooms which were furnished in just 1 building meeting.

Hopefully I haven't lost you yet....let me just get to the point already:

Furnishing the interior of buildings have always been quicker/easier than planning the design/color palette/floorplan and then putting all of that together to make the building.
          So one way to combat the slow progress of Gensokyo is to make the building of every location and then move on to the next location and make the building.

Of course this doesn't mean that furnishing buildings is no longer allowed you can still do that when you're feeling burnt out. I would just like to focus on making the buildings, since we can all come on and work on the interior of any build we like on our own time. After we finish things for the trailer we can start building with this method.

Still confused? Basically every new (larger) Gensokyo building is empty like a brand new house, you know which room is which (via a sign on every room), and you can furnish it when you like.

With that being brought up to everyone in today's meeting. Most people agreed with going with this new method, however several people brought up that we would really need to know the status of the interior of every building we leave open to furnish.

To keep track of the status of every building so contributors know what was finished and what can be worked on. We'll be making a spreadsheet (starting with Eientei and going forward) that you can check for every large building.

Hopefully that was easy to understand. Here's the link to Eientei's interior spreadsheet, and here's a link to the YC Gensokyo 3 drive.
          Again we'll start building with that method after the trailer has been done.

Moving on from that announcement, to start the new year off right we went into the Gensokyo Spreadsheet and did a huge update on it. I had several questions about some locations, but the people that worked on them, were not in this meeting so they'll be getting a DM in discord soon! Another thing is that around the time the spreadsheet was updated we didn't know much about TH17 so I'll have to update the spreadsheet with everything from there.

Honestly the spreadsheet updating was the longest part of this building meeting (it took around 3 hours) so after we finished that we ended the meeting soon after.

• The Human Village
          • The SDM
          • Aki Farm
          • Youkai Mountain
          • The Toad Pond
          • ShikiEiki's Court
          • Eientei
          • Ancient City
          • Spring Path?
          • Canal of Willows

A date for the trailer hasn't been decided on yet but you can expect it coming late January/early February. Depends on how long the filming/editing takes.

Next building meeting is on January 18th, 2020 4PM EST.
          Last edited by KokoButtz; 01-18-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Summary for the 61st Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 1/18/2020:
            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This building meeting was hosted by Redleaf since I wasn't able to be here. Make sure you headtpat your local Redleaf! \o/

The group first started off by reviewing Nick's hydroponic farm in the back garden of the SDM. It was then decided it would be replaced by a rocket silo. For the rocket that appears in Silent Sinner to get Reimu and the squad to the moon. Time was taken to build that, but it's in now.

What is grass? We may never know.

Wriggle started work on the Spring Path that I planned out yesterday. Redleaf also started on terraforming the area around the sdm a bit to have a nice silhouette of trees around the SDM, and to separate the SDM and the Spring Path a bit more. Unfortunately no trees were placed bc everyone...died. F

Other than that it was your standard short lived building meeting.

• The Human Village
            • The SDM
            • Aki Farm
            • Youkai Mountain
            • The Toad Pond
            • ShikiEiki's Court
            • Eientei
            • Ancient City
            • Spring Path
            • Canal of Willows

A date for the trailer hasn't been decided on yet but you can expect it coming late January/early February. Depends on how long the filming/editing takes.

Next building meeting is on February 1st, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 62th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 02/01/2020:
              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

As requested by birb or purp or someone in who attended this building meeting. Here is a basic summary of the building meeting made with ms paint:

Jokes aside In this building meeting we worked on the Spring Path and the Area outside of the SDM. Since everyone died last building meeting and didn't add any trees to the area that needed to be filmed for the trailer. We continued where we left off.

I started off by adding different colored wool to signify how exactly the transition from regular trees to Cherry Blossom would be. The Colors of the wool were: Green, Lime Green, Yellow, and Pink.

The Green wool areas on the path just meant normal trees and small amounts of flowers will be in that general area.

The Lime Green wool areas on the path meant that normal trees with "flowers" (pink wool) in them and an increase in flowers would be in that general area.

The Yellow wool areas on the path signifies that there is a mix of the normal trees with flowers and Cherry Blossoms in the general area, with another increase in the amount of flowers there are.

The Pink wool areas on the path signifies that there is nothing but Cherry Blossoms Trees and a highest amount of flowers in the area.

Birb, Purp, and Wriggle worked on the path with the help of the schematic trees made by Conquered_ (Trees&Stones) even though we did edit the trees, almost all of them were not made by us.

-

As for the SDM area, TR, Redleaf, and I terraformed the area around the SDM just a tiny bit more. And Redleaf and I put down some more coniferous-ish trees. Similar to the Spring Path we edited some of the Conquered_ (Trees&Stones) pack trees to make our job easier.

For the most part this building meeting was quite fun and we got started on something that was really holding the trailer back. In the coming days we'll continue placing down more trees, working on more builds, porting things in and hopefully, start filming for the trailer! \o/

• The Human Village
              • The SDM
              • Aki Farm
              • Youkai Mountain
              • The Toad Pond
              • ShikiEiki's Court
              • Eientei
              • Ancient City
              • Spring Path
              • Canal of Willows

A date for the trailer hasn't been decided on yet but you can expect it coming early-late February. Depends on how long the filming/editing takes.

Next building meeting is on February 15th, 2020 4PM EST.
              Last edited by KokoButtz; 02-02-2020, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Summary for the 63rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 02/01/2020:
                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, several locations were being prepped/completed in NeoGensokyo for the trailer.

The forest floor of the SDM area in Neogensokyo has been decorated by TR, Yuki, and Birb. The orb things that appear in stage 3 of EoSD were made and put in by Nick.
                Purp and I started texturizing the roof of the SDM in creative flats, and Yuki came in later and helped as well.

I pasted in The Giant Toad's Pond in it's designated location, and I'm now in the process of fixing the trees around it.
                The Spring Path was finished with the help of Nick, Birb, Purp, and Wriggle (Wriggle also made a house for Lily White). I'm sure there were others as well but I can't remember. F

Higan is slowly being finished up, after a discussion of flowers. Nick and I toned down the amount of flowers Karu and Birb made. We along with Yuki also added cherry trees and Cyros added the design of "petals" under every cherry tree.

Izayoi has also taken up the task of working on the exterior decorations for Eientei since I'm too busy working on things in Neogensokyo.

Now moving on to Today's building meeting! \o/
                We got started on "big chungus" aka the Human Village again from where we last left off a long time ago.
                Even though it was abandoned the area outside the walls were planned. So like most locations in Neogensokyo, we added a bunch of trees around the area.
                We did that for a couple of hours until we inevitably got side tracked, and the building meeting came to an end.

• The Human Village
                • The SDM
                • Aki Farm
                • Youkai Mountain
                • The Toad Pond
                • ShikiEiki's Court
                • Eientei
                • Ancient City
                • Spring Path
                • Canal of Willows

I know the trailer keeps getting pushed back a week, but it's all coming together. T r u s t me. It's looking like filming will be coming in 2-3 weeks. Late Feb-Early March.

Next building meeting is on March 7th, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 64th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/07/2020:
                  *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, several locations were being prepped/completed in NeoGensokyo for the trailer.

The Giant Toad's pond has been fully completed, the SDM roof finally got texturized, the Moriya shrine was built and ported in, The Ancient City has gotten Cherry Stone's added to it, Eientei is being worked on, The Hakurei Shrine was updated to resemble it's depiction in Wild and Horned Hermit, and the Radio Tower was ported in.

Now moving on to Today's building meeting! \o/:

This was a chill meeting. When it started I shared the Status of every build for the trailer. I will share it here after I finish the summary. After that I mentioned how Remi, Kaktrix, and I make a discord group chat discussing everything. Basically Remi is planning/posting, Katrix is planning/filming/editing, and I'm planning/building/storyboarding. Until we get every location in a presentable state we will not start filming.
                  Since this past week as been pretty hectic for a lot of us builders, the filming for the trailer has, surprisingly (lol), been pushed back another week.

With all of that out of the way, Redleaf showed us all his progress of the updated Hakurei Shrine, Dari posted some references for the poltergeist mansion, I showed everyone the finished SDM roof. After we showed and telled we went in and started working on bringing Gensokyo to a presentable state. Redleaf continued working on the Hakurei Shrine, TR updated the outside of Alice's house with new trees, and I continued working on the "big chungus" aka the Human Village and Canal of Willows. We lasted about 2 hours before we called it a day.

Now for a progress report of all the trailer locations:

Hakurei Shrine: Remi and I talked about adding the living area behind the shrine. And Redleaf decided to give it and update, He is currently working on the living area as seen in Wild and Horned Hermit.

Forest of Lagic: Other than just trees we have the mushroom circle and the Radio Tower, Since this map won't be the final iteration of Gensokyo 3, Nick just slapped the Radio tower in somewhere

Marisa's House: Still haven't gotten to fancying the area around it up a bit. But for the most part it's done, I asked Nucc about revamping the interior since it's still old and plain, we'll have to wait for Birb and Purp to be less busy to do that since they also worked on it originally.

Alice's House: The area around her house has been updated and the interior is well done.

Kourindou: Exterior and Interior still good. Still ready for the trailer

Human Village: We pasted lots of trees last building meeting, and I added a bit more around the other side of the river this building meeting. Other than that we need the area around the Human Village to look more...lived in. Making things like poor people houses, farm stuff, porting in the buildings (logcutter, Kappa shed thingy, etc.) outside of the village into NeoGenso

The Canal of Willows: Izayoi finished it, I also pasted a bit more trees on the other side of the canal near the bamboo forest today. Other than that we need to do a simple replacenear for the trees Izayoi made because she used regular logs and not the new 6 sixed ones.

Eientei: Still hasn't been ported in and the outside decorations still aren't done. Izayoi helped me get by starting it while I was working on pasting/fixing up the Toad's Pond, but she hasn't finished it yet.

Spring Path: All ready for the trailer \o/

The SDM: The area around the gate is all finished, and Nick made the orb things outside of it,I added Meiling's hut and made the entrance area less barren (I just added some grass). I took one for the team and texturized the roof. With that the SDM is ready for the trailer.

Voile's Histoutensoku Fighting Stage: So far we just need to add more of those suspended scaffolds near the books and more lights. I need to talk to Karu about this and see if there's any else other than that.

Aki Farm: We just need a little more autmun trees around the area to hide how barren everything is around the farm lol

Youkai Mountain: (facing west) The NorthEast side of the mountain will be shown. The Waterfall and the Suwa Lake will also be shown, I already talked about adding trees around the waterfall. Nick has made the Moriya Shrine in mach speed, and it's already pasted in. We didn't plan on having/showcasing the Moriya when we originally made the trailer list, but I guess we can show a bit of it?

The Giant Toad's Pond: Pasting things in the Youkai Forest/Forest of Lagic is pain bc I'm laggy and there's so many trees so you have to get rid of them and then put them back so the area doesn't look ugly. But ya boi did it, it's all ready for the trailer! \o/

Ancient City: Phantom liked the Cherry Stone idea I brought up with him and has started working on it. IDK how much he has gotten done, bc I haven't been in the Ancient City in a while. Cherry Stones or not I still feel like this location is good.

Higan/ShikiEiki's Court: Finished and all ready for the trailer.

That's all for today! \o/
                  • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                  • The Human Village
                  • The SDM
                  • Aki Farm
                  • Youkai Mountain
                  • The Toad Pond
                  • ShikiEiki's Court
                  • Eientei
                  • Ancient City
                  • Spring Path
                  • Canal of Willows

I know the trailer keeps getting pushed back a week, but it's all coming together. T r u s t me. It's looking like filming will be coming in 2 weeks. Maybe? Hopefully!

Next building meeting is on March 21st, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 65th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/21/2020:
                    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During today's building meeting, we discussed the progress report of all the trailer locations. That took up most of the time for the meeting.However after we went through that, we continued work for the trailer.
                    Here's a quick rundown of what was discussed:

Hakurei Shrine: Still a WIP, Redleaf pasted in the living quarters in the shrine and Purp worked on Genji's pond and diversifying the trees in the area.

Forest of Lagic: Other that the countless amount of trees, and the mushroom circle. There's only the radio tower that needs a tiny bit of work. Due to it being pasted in the middle of a bunch of trees, the radio tower needed just a tiny bit of room around it , so we can get an angle of it from below. Yuki seems to be almost finished with that/

Marisa's House: A correction will be made, Purp didn't really make Marisa's house. However Birb still did, and we gave her tips on how she could update the interior. The biggest problem with it was just mainly due to the fact that her house is pretty brown/beige. So we asked her to give more colorful decorations to the interior so it could pop a bit more. It is finished.

Alice's House: The area around her house has been updated and the interior is well done. I think we can just replace some of the flowers outside her house, because it dandelions and poppies. Other than that we can update the greenhouse that is behind her home, so a semi WIP. But for the most part, it is completed.

Kourindou: Exterior and Interior still good. Still ready for the trailer

Human Village: We pasted lots of trees, and I added a bit more around the other side of the river this building meeting I also added rocks, bushes, and bamboo. Other than that we need the area around the Human Village to look more...lived in. Yuki has been helping me build houses for those who live outside the walls of the HV. This is still a WIP.

The Canal of Willows: Izayoi finished it, I also pasted a bit more trees on the other side of the canal near the bamboo forest today. Other than that, I did a simple replacenear for the trees Izayoi made because she used regular logs and not the new 6 sixed ones. I also added bamboo for the most part, the Canal of Willows is ready for the trailer.

Eientei: Still hasn't been ported in. Izayoi helped me get by starting it while I was working on pasting/fixing up the Toad's Pond, she has finished it, but I will most likely go in and make some minor changes. I think I'm just saving this build for last because for the longest of times I always known how I wanted it to look.

Spring Path: All ready for the trailer \o/

The SDM: The SDM is ready for the trailer.

Voile's SWR Fighting Stage: So far we just need to add more of those suspended scaffolds near the books and more lights. I (still) need to talk to Karu about this and see if there's any else other than that.

Aki Farm: Redleaf added a bit more autumn trees around the area to hide how barren everything is around the farm lol. I'll need to check if we need anymore. Other than that I would say that this build is half WIP and half done.

Youkai Mountain: (facing west) The NorthWest side of the mountain will be shown. The Waterfall and the Suwa Lake will also be shown, I already talked about adding trees around the waterfall. Nick has made the Moriya Shrine in mach speed, and it's already pasted in and completed. We didn't plan on having/showcasing the Moriya when we originally made the trailer list, but I guess we can show a bit of it?

The Giant Toad's Pond: It's all ready for the trailer! \o/

Ancient City: Phantom liked the Cherry Stone idea I brought up with him and has started working on it. Cherry Stones or not I still feel like this location is good.

Higan/ShikiEiki's Court: Finished and all ready for the trailer.

That's all for today! \o/
                    • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                    • The Human Village
                    • The SDM
                    • Aki Farm
                    • Youkai Mountain
                    • The Toad Pond
                    • ShikiEiki's Court
                    • Eientei
                    • Ancient City
                    • Spring Path
                    • Canal of Willows

I know the trailer keeps getting pushed back a week, but it's all coming together. T r u s t me. It's looking like filming will be coming in 2 weeks. Maybe? Hopefully!

Next building meeting is on April 4th, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 66th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/04/2020:
                      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Nick worked on a concept building for the Kappa Village, Birb and Purp worked on the Hakurei Shrine a bit more, and I continued my work on making the outside of the Human Village look lived in. I also made a bunch of trees for the Untrodden Valley that we would be working on today's building meeting. Those who were present in the building meeting got exclusively view the storyboard for the trailer as well \o/

Today we finally started work on the Untrodden Valley. Most of it was just more of the same. MASS TREE PASTING. We got all the trees in easily due to having quite a bit of people present for the meeting. When we finished that we kinda went our separate ways. Nick and Wriggle worked on a Kappa Watermill that sits along the river that comes from the Suwa Lake. I worked on terraforming the river a bit and fixing the water. Redleaf worked on homework while Birb and Purp had to go cooking. Despite that in the coming days we'll be placing various rocks and bushes I made in the Untrodden Valley as well as editing the river shore to make it feel like you're in a mountainous area.

That's about it. \o/

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                      • The Human Village
                      • The SDM
                      • Aki Farm
                      • Youkai Mountain
                      • The Toad Pond
                      • ShikiEiki's Court
                      • Eientei
                      • Ancient City
                      • Spring Path
                      • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on April 18th, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 67th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/18/2020:
                        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Cyros and I (feat. Nick, Purp, Birb, and a bunch of other people) continued work on the Youkai Mountain/Untrodden Valley area. The land around the waterfall was terraformed, rocks were added in the river, the river banks were edited to resemble rivers located on mountains. Grass/ferns were added on the land to fill it up, as well as rocks, flowers, and bushes. We also added 2 small buildings and a water wheel which got unedited down like 4 times. All in all the Untrodden Valley area got lots of work on it.

We also stopped at Eientei for a bit to edit the outside of it however that was not a location that I wanted to prioritize at that moment.

A couple of days before the meeting we went to the Human Village and updated the rice farms to resemble rice rather than wheat.
                        Speaking of the Human Village! This was the location that this building meeting was about! \o/

A day before the building meeting made I a google document highlighting certain areas around the outside of the human village and how I wanted them to be done, and what kind of buildings go there. I also edited the building assets Yuki made for me so that they were a bit more diverse. They can be pasted so we saved lots of time working on the Human Village.

So with all of that prepared, Nick, Purp, and Redleaf made a chicken farm. Birb worked on the farm decorations at the front of the Village. Cyros edited Wriggle's gate. Wriggle worked on the horse stable. And I mainly finished up editing the building assets and helping other people.

We went through that for about 2-3 hours until we naturally got distracted by other things.

With this kind of momentum hopefully we can finish this big boi (the human village) up in a 2-5 days? Then after that we would make our way to making Eientei look presentable and porting it in. After that I'll do a final checkup/touch up on the builds, moved the floating assets into creative and then finally film the trailer!

That's about it. \o/
                        • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                        • The Human Village
                        • The SDM
                        • Aki Farm
                        • Youkai Mountain
                        • The Toad Pond
                        • ShikiEiki's Court
                        • Eientei
                        • Ancient City
                        • Spring Path
                        • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on May 2nd, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

The 68th building meeting summary isn't here because the forums got rolled back.

Summary for the 68th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 05/02/2020 (from kok's mind):

We worked on Eientei more. the end.

Next building meeting (that was delayed) is on May 23rd, 2020 4PM EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 69th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 05/23/2020:
                            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, we continued work on Eientei and the Ancient City. Eientei was pasted in and we touched up the area around it. We also finally went to the Ancient City/the caves that are connected to it and worked on that. We made a trail with kappa thigns around it for the trailer. In general we just touched up all the locations for the trailer. For a moment the trailer was going to be filmed on the 16th of May (the original date of the 69th, nice, building meeting) but it was pushed back so we could spend more time making everything look good.

With everything updated and fancy we were finally ready to film the trailer! I finished up the storyboard, and Katrix filmed with his super fancy shaders. We also had Cyros changing skins, and Remi filming a Behind the Scenes. There was also many volunteers to appear as characters for the trailer.
                            The filming dates were separated due to the trailer having 2 parts.

On the 23rd we filmed the first part. Which was the Hakurei shrine, Mushroom Circle, Marisa's house, Radio Tower, Alice's house, Kourindou, HV, Canal of Willows, and Eientei.

On the 24th we filmed the second part. Which included The Spring Path, SDM, Aki Farm, Kappa Trail, Moriya Shrine, Caves, Ancient City, and Higan/Shikieiki's court.

Filming took around 3/4 hours, the same amount of time as a longer building meeting. It was fun! Thank you to anyone who has contributed to Gensokyo to make this happen. And thank you to the volunteers who played the characters in the trailer. This would not have happened without you!

Now that we have filming for the trailer that includes characters, Katrix will go and film all the scenes without characters. In the meantime I'll start preparing everything we need for the credits. (ex: floor of Chireiden(lol), and have a list to everyone who has contributed to any of these locations. I'll be sure to let everyone know when I'm done with a basic list, so we can have everyone properly credited. I'll also be copying and pasting some updated builds (ex: toad's pond, Canal, marisa's house) into creative.

That's about it. \o/
                            • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                            • The Human Village
                            • The SDM
                            • Aki Farm
                            • Youkai Mountain
                            • The Toad Pond
                            • ShikiEiki's Court
                            • Eientei
                            • Ancient City
                            • Spring Path
                            • Canal of Willows

Parts of the trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happend. Katrix now has to do his thing, and we have to make sure we have everything for the credits. So in the meantime wait warmly for the revival of Yukkuricraft. \o/

Next building meeting is on June 6th, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 70th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 06/06/2020:
                              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Katrix is in the middle of filming the rest of the trailer (scenes that do not include any characters). It'll take him a bit since he's using the replay mod and rendering and editing is time consuming. In the meantime for us builders we just chilled after working so hard on trailer things. It was nice to not think about Gensokyo. But naturally we have to get back at it.

Before we started building I started off by reminding everyone that I will be enforcing the "building method" I talked about at the beginning of the year. This building method will be enforced for any new builds that you are working on. You can try and update older builds with this, but I understand if it'll be too much of a hassle to do. Another thing I mentioned was that if you're leading any new medium/big sized build was that you make a Google Document giving the lore and canon (or non-canon if there isnt much canon) refs for the build. It'll just be an easier way for potential contributors to get the full rundown on anything you would like them to know. An example for something like that was the Eientei Google Doc I made.

Final thing was that since we're making the exterior/basic interior/floor plan, if we're going to have anyone building on their on time it would be best to name the purpose of each room with a sign. And make a Google Spreadsheet documenting who is working on what room to avoid any confusion. An example for something like that would be the Eientei Spreadsheet I made.

After I went through that again, we looked at any new builds made that haven't been showcased. We checked out Nick's Hospital he made for LC, and his concept design for a Kappa Village building. Iku also showed his designs for Kappa Village machinery and mining designs.

Finally we started building the last and final location for the trailer, which is the credits area being the "floor of chireiden". Which is basically the HM Chireiden Fighting stage. We built and built until eventually we got distracted and the building meeting came to a close.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                              • The Human Village
                              • The SDM
                              • Aki Farm
                              • Youkai Mountain
                              • The Toad Pond
                              • ShikiEiki's Court
                              • Eientei
                              • Ancient City
                              • Spring Path
                              • Canal of Willows

Parts of the trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happend. Katrix now has to do his thing, and we have to make sure we have everything for the credits. So in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on June 20th, 2020 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 71st Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 06/20/2020:
                                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Katrix is in the middle of filming the rest of the trailer (scenes that do not include any characters). It'll take him a bit since he's using the replay mod and rendering and editing is time consuming. In the meantime Nick, Iku, Wriggle, and Purp worked on Kappa Village things. Nick also made a Google Doc for the Kappa Village. Nick also got Xadrow on the server again and they build more things for the Myouren temple. And Birb worked on terraforming islands for heaven.

In this building meeting Nick, Iku, Wriggle, and Purp showed their progress of the Kappa Village. It's slightly similar to the Kappa Village in Gensokyo 2 where they live in a cave. We were also shown several test homes for the village. The homes will be built half outside and half in the cave walls.

Nick also showed off the 2 new buildings for the Myouren Temple he made with Xadrow. Just to make it feel more like a Temple. Since those have multiple buildings. The only thing left for them is the Front Gate shown in Oriental Sacred Place chapter 12.

Birb also showed off her island terraforming of Heaven and started and finished making a Google Doc filled with the general lore of Heaven and images we could reference on each of the islands.

Katrix also made an appearance to this building meeting. While he isn't done with editing trailer yet. He did say the server will update either to (1.15 or straight to 1.16, though 1.15 seems more likely) before it comes out. But these kind of things are never set in stone so just take this with a grain of salt.

Other than that we began to work on terraforming the cave the Kappas live in. Most of the work was done the day before with Voxel and WorldEdit. However, we continued touching up the caves by hand after the general size and shape was made with WE and Voxel. So we did that for a couple of hours until we ultimately got hungry/tired/distracted. Then ended the 71st building meeting.
                                • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                                • The Human Village
                                • The SDM
                                • Aki Farm
                                • Youkai Mountain
                                • The Toad Pond
                                • ShikiEiki's Court
                                • Eientei
                                • Ancient City
                                • Spring Path
                                • Canal of Willows

Parts of the trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happend. Katrix now has to do his thing, and we have to make sure we have everything for the credits. So in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on July 4th, 2020 4PM EST.
                                Last edited by KokoButtz; 06-20-2020, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X