Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait so all the Extra utilities stuff we already have wont work?
    sigpic

Comment

positive purp has arrived

\o/ THANK YOU BASED KATRIX \o/

nowletshopenothinginthisupdategoestoohorriblywrong

Edit: nevermind, there are so many issues holy shit where do I begin (this was all discovered within the three minutes of me logging on and looking around)

BIG THINGS:

- Debuffs from nutrition are still in effect when the hunger bar is full; weakness and mining fatigue are double annoying when you literally can't do anything about them
      - everything from extra utilities is gone;which you'd say they would be, but everyone relied on those furnace generators and furnaces (and crushers, and angel rings, oh my goD ANGEL RINGS, and much, much more) for every day mining and other stuff (kinda a bad move at this point in time. Did we even report bugs with that?)

SMALL (personal) THINGS:

-I can barely see heart danmaku (I saw it being shot by a fairy, but I can't see it when I shoot it)
      -FUNNY THING: i last logged off suspended in air due to my angel ring; when I logged back on, I realized that, not only was I still flying, but I could creative fly like it was no big deal on and off whenever I wanted.
      Last edited by purpleFinatic; 06-07-2017, 07:04 PM. Reason: its been literally 3 minutes and i crave the sweet release of death

im not a cool person

Comment

Oops, forgot to disable Nutrition effects. Done now.
        As for ExU, either the server stays down until the bug I encountered is fixed, or I either roll back when it's fixed or give the stuff back manually. Yes, I have a backup from right before the update. Here is the issue: https://github.com/rwtema/extrautilities/issues/1516
        As for the heart danmaku, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
        Last edited by Katrix; 06-07-2017, 06:55 PM.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

pathetic.

EDIT: Let's really look into what changed:

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
          RTY 3 0.4

Changelog:
          Spawn frequency reduced for lot's of mobs (Ashen and Dweller remain unchanged)
          Guardians now only spawn in deep ocean (scary places)
          Removed Infernal mobs
          Removed Spice of life
          Removed the buggy mess that was Realistic torches
          Buffed dungeons, especially nether floor. They should now contain around 15 lifeblood crystals, getting more common as you go further down.
          these were all welcome changes as they all fucked up the server in their own way. (especially spice of life + infernal mobs)

to be able to join the server, you have to manually install Nutrition by adding it to your mods fol-
          this is where shit goes downhill. nobody honestly wanted nutrition because of how spice of life fucked up, stacked on top of the bug that happened earlier. since you fixed it, the mod works (or is very passive if anything)

Also, Extra utilities is disabled as it's currently buggy.
          didn't seem very buggy to the rest of us but then again who else can see that black and green screen that tells us exactly what is going wrong. there were plenty of items that worked as intended, only real issue was the GP mechanic which that in itself was a balancer and a major annoyance.

also aside from the obvious changes which won't be reconsidered (or at the least the danmaku fuckup and the EU removal), i'd highly recommend looking into the fire axe and something called IBakedModel in the block rendering section of the mods if you are getting the exact same errors as those people in the link you shown. (assuming you will actually look into the errors)
          Last edited by PhantomNerifes; 06-08-2017, 02:49 AM. Reason: because leaving a one word comment on an abandoned forum post isn't classy anymore.

Comment

As a foreword, I used updates and feedback to make a logical conclusion of the state of RTY 3. I'm still going to have little jokes in my post and maybe a few harsh words, but that's because I'm not a robot. My conclusion at the end is what it is and serves as the TL;DR.

Cutting the BS and getting straight to the point, the chances of this actually making it out of the alpha-wearing-a-beta-mask and having a healthy player base is slim to none. It's like watching somebody digging a hole, realizing they've dug too deep to get themselves out, and then continue digging anyway. Each update only seems to cause more problems and raise more questions than it does resolve and answer.

At this point, I can't tell if Katrix is to blame for either taking all input with a pretty big grain of salt (for example: removing a hunger mod that nobody wanted, only to put in another hunger mod that nobody wanted. pro-tip: removing something you wanted and putting in something else you wanted changes nothing. new coat of paint =/= new car.) or simply not having the time and patience to keep up with the project at this point. Maybe Minecraft as a whole is to blame, I've been having serious issues with singleplayer since 1.8 onward and it seems with each new version, it gets more unstable regardless of my attempts to fix it. Perhaps even the mods themselves just don't work well together and cause all of these phantom issues to crop up with no discernable source or way to resolve them?

My personal theory is all of those are contributions but aren't the main cause of all the negativity related to RTY 3 right now. You see, RTY is dead and has been dead since 2. Even if it "took off" later on or "got better", I never heard of anyone caring that much about RTY 2 (except for the 2-member katrix fan club that'd support him regardless of what it was. not trying to start anything but nobody likes an ass-kisser except the ass-kissee.). RTY 3 can try all it wants but unfortunately, it's damn near impossible to bring back something that's dead without completely destroying what it once was. If RTY 3 does make it out of Beta alive, it's not going to be RTY. It'll just be wearing the name.

I'm not here to stoke the flames against Katrix or even out him as a bad guy. I'm not here to defend any unnecessary hate or call out bugs that have already been screamed about. I'm not even here to make memes or contribute to a derailing of this thread.

I'm just here to state that RTY is dead and you have a snowball's chance in Hell of bringing it back.

On a related note and specifically talking to Katrix here, I've heard that this is more of a testing ground, most likely for your Touhou mod. If that's the case, why the hell did you have to brand it as RTY 3? I, and I'm sure everyone else, would've been fine with it being its own thing and helping test it. You didn't need to put on an old nostalgic coat to try and bring in more people because incase you're blind, it's not working out too well. I haven't seen this much backlash since the trailer for Infinite Warfare.
            Last edited by Teshno; 06-08-2017, 08:06 AM. Reason: changing some of the formatting so it's less autismo
            w-what is this autism aura??
            if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
            our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

RTY 0.4.1
              Updates and minor tweaks
              This should fix the ExU problem. Note that ExU is one of the mods that I see the smallest reason the permanently remove from the pack. I've never seen it in either any profiler, and not any normal crash (this one was not normal). Unless something big happens, it's not getting removed that easily.

That said, we are now moving into the phase where I want to iron out the memory issues. That means that no new mods are going to be added until I have found the issue.

Each phase of the memory test will consist of disabling a few mods at a time from the server and see if the server performs any better with the mods disabled. If it does, I'll try to narrow down the problematic mod and remove it from the pack so that the improvement is permanent and the server can run for a day without issues. It the problem is still there, I re-enable the mods, and try a different set of mods. The server will be rolled back when each phase starts if I'm removing any mods for that phase. Note that I'd prefer if people kept playing despite the mods being removed so we don't get a I also want to set up a world border around the world, generate all terrain inside it, and prune everything outside it, to make sure that world gen doesn't cause any interference with the tests. On the real server this is roughly how stuff will laid out. That means I have to know where people live so that I can make sure that everyone has their homes inside the border.

Phase 0:
              This is now. I've tried doing a few tweaks to make it less memory intensive, but most likely it won't be enough.

Phase 1:
              Streams and Farseek
              Grapple hook mod
              OpenComputers
              Astral Sorcery
              Psi

Phase 2:
              Everything that depends on ChickenLib in some way
              COFH mods
              ProjectRed mods

Phase 3:
              RTG and RecurrentComplex

Phase 4:
              Misc sponge plugins
              (Sponge itself provides a few optimizations, however I don't know how well the plugins work)

Phase 5:
              Anything I can get my hands on :P

Also, on another note, do anyone use any of these mods?
              LLOverlayReloaded. People are just confused with it when they encounter it.
              Ping. Never seen anyone use it at all.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

Okay, so a slight update. We ran some big memory tests on the server today. Stuff looks to be somewhat better, but with some 6 people on at the same time trying to crash it, we did in the end manage to. We managed to find out that every time Psi is used, a lot of garbage is generated. I managed to confirm this later when I generated and analyzed a heap dump which I assume was taken recently after someone had used Psi. I know where the issue is, and I'll talk to people that might know what the appropriate fix is. It's impossible to completely fix it, but we at least patch it a good bit. Basically this just boils down to CADs being very data heavy (as in they store a lot of stuff). My guess is that when Psi does "stuff", it changes the item, which triggers a change item event, which causes the stack to be duplicated. Each stack is around 0.15 mb. The events track both the new stack and the old one. The stack is updated some 2000 times. In the end, it results around 600 mb garbage per player doing this. The next step here is either talk to people that know how to fix it, or if they can't, remove Psi.

As for other stuff, Nutrition is out again, everyone seems to hate even the thought of it, and it doesn't want to play nicely in testing stuff either. I also lowered the amount of mobs that spawn around the player from 70 to 50. No idea how it will affect stuff, but I hope it will help for densely populated bases, and for memory stuff.

Also, I as under the impression that everyone liked the idea of immersion and exploration as a theme for the pack, but suddenly now I'm hearing that it might not actually be the case. Can people actually tell me what they want here? http://www.strawpoll.me/13143378

As for world gen lag and memory issues. I've been looking around, and I noticed that ATG is in active development again. If people want to switch to 1.11, and trust a really unstable mod, then that would be an option. It generates roughly the same stuff as RTG, but it's faster :P.

Also, let me remind people that I don't want to make major changes to the mods the server is running before I solve the memory leak issue. The 0.4 update was just so that I had a stable ground to do the tests on.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Personally, I like the idea of exploration being the focus. I made a point last night to a small group of people, however, that basing your modpack on exploration is the laziest thing to do. Survival Minecraft is already based around exploration so basing your modpack around it would be like making a Half-Life 2 mod, except the story is the exact same, all the level layouts are untouched, and everything goes as planned except you added like 2 pieces of grass in the starting map and windows are a bit shinier, then you called it a complete overhaul. Modpacks need to have a focus on something the base game isn't about or just be a modpack without a focus. Exploration is the latter, the game is already about exploration and unless you make a custom map with a pre-built world, it's lazy and unimaginative.

As a few personal notes on the other options, I'm sick of machinery and tech. If you ask me personally, fully automating everything and having machines do all the work for you completely and utterly kills the fun in Minecraft. Just go in fucking Creative mode, it's the exact same thing, except you don't die if you stay in lava for 3 hours because your Plutonium Diaredstoirosteepper Mark IIVIVIEMI Ultra-Enhanced Mega-Mecha Super Machine Nano-Robo NukaCola-Branded American-Colored Steve Suit v13.3.7 gives you ULTRA FIRE PROTECTION!!!!1!!11!1.

Magic is fun but most mods seem to over-complicate it and gate everything behind annoying progress trees that the reward isn't worth the work. Everything else falls under either not entertaining enough or too grindy to keep the interest of anyone who has literally anything else to do. Katrix, you do have your problems here, but I've been trying to look at the big picture and like I mentioned in my last post, you're not even solely to blame. Minecraft as a whole is just going downhill and the modding community is drying up, creative and functioning mods are getting fewer and farther between.

Hell, Minecraft itself is even running out of ideas. Like, wow. More 16-color-blocks. Fucking radical. Oh snap, they slightly shifted the 16-color-blocks so it can be 16-totally-different-colors-for-our-16-color-blocks like they did twice already? Super original!

Perhaps I shouldn't be saying RTY is dead. It is, but maybe not because of Katrix or because of us. Maybe Minecraft's modding community and even Minecraft itself are dying, withering away and trying so desperately to either stay relevant or prove it still has some juice left in it. Except that juice is really just condensation that's kinda dripped down and formed a pathetically small puddle that now has a sign glued next to it saying "liqid deturmanashin!"

Minecraft is kill, we need a poll to decide between Roblox or Unturned for our next server.
                  On a serious note, I do personally believe that Minecraft is dying. A modpack shouldn't be this hard to put together and with this much shit going wrong. On top of that, I can't be the only one to notice that the recent updates are really losing their impact. I used to dedicate like a week or two exploring all the new stuff per update and now I can't even be bothered to mess with it in Creative mode. I know I'm not the only one.

..mememized

Comment

Okuu's cannon and unzan's bulet hitbox is bork, bullet used to hit enemies very well, now it can't hit jack (have to hit mob with core of bullet which is at the bottom of the bullet/center of fist [respective bullets and items], not a very fun weapon if it can't annihilate an enemy)

also we're missing an iron lava drum and 3 drums of iron crestole oil. (only got back block based items, no inventory based stuff)
                    Last edited by PhantomNerifes; 06-12-2017, 01:45 AM. Reason: kudos to eu2 back but stuff still slight bork

Comment

Okuu's cannon I'm a bit unsure about. Might just be that the hitbox is so large that you can feel the "grace" area in a noticiable way. As for Uzan, I never did any changes there. AFAIK, Unzan is not in any way a danmaku component. I did see that Aya tweaked the collision stuff for it, but I don't know anything about that.

As for the ExU stuff. I'll get it when I get on the next time.
                      Last edited by Katrix; 06-12-2017, 11:14 AM.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

yeh, the radiation mechanic still works as intended on the cannon. Also i noticed danmaku seems to reset to medium size danmaku icons until you equip them into your inventory, along with some lasers being slightly bugged each update, aside from that most of the danmaku is still functional.

Comment

going to potentially need an RB for the server, turns out ender lilies (EU2) and the garden cloche (IE) don't mix well together based on what potu said.

Comment

2lazy4me to get screenshots but graphics absolutely died earlier today when i logged on to have health thrown at me
                            will get screenshots later

..mememized

Comment

so any idea on how to fix the crashing problem with the garden cloche or are you just gonna ignore it forcing a few people to be unable to play or look at a part of their base
                              sigpic

Comment

RTY 3 0.4.2
                                Added Controlling
                                - Search keybind menu
                                Updates
                                - This should fix crash issues

While Thermal Dynamics has updated, it will be in a later update.

Also, regarding the recent pool about focus. Can people fill out this one. These are some planned mods for the server to at least help somewhat with that. If you don't know what to answer for a thing, you can choose to not leave an answer for that mod.
                                https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YFXBYH9
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...