Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilyScarlet View Post
    -removed bloodmoon

I had no problem with that at all, why remove something that wasn't mentioned in the meeting?
    It might be more of an unnecessary thing being removed.
    Did it really serve a purpose other than "just another difficulty modifier"?
    w-what is this autism aura??
    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
      It might be more of an unnecessary thing being removed.
      Did it really serve a purpose other than "just another difficulty modifier"?
      It was also eating up stupid amounts of RAM and causing random crashes apparently.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

What Shim said. Every time we had a blood moon the server crashed either during or shortly after. While I personally don't like Blood Moon, I don't see any problem re-implemented once we are on better hardware.
        Last edited by DariruKuro; 05-11-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Well first impressions are it's garbage. Not the pack itself, the fact that I can't play on the server because it's hosted on a pizza box in fucking Abuja. My first session on the server was alone, before Kuro joined. I was on for about 20~ minutes and after he joined, the server started chugging and crashed shortly after.

I've been on numerous times since and every single time, the server crashes within 10 minutes of me joining. I can't really get an idea of where problems may lie and what can be improved in the pack when I can hardly play on the server to begin with.

..mememized

Comment

I'd personally love for the server to run better, but I have no idea why It's not running well. Currently giving it 6 gb to run on. That should be plenty. Most likely a memory leak somewhere.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

>finally get server downloaded
              >spawn in, get jumped by 3 fairies
              >successfully run from combat
              >get a boat and haul ass
              >get jumped by guardians (btw is that really fucking neccessary?)
              >make it to next landmass, boat swarmed by fairies
              >find shelter on mountain
              >jumped by tengu from literally fucking nowhere
              >server crashes
              >mfw you can't melee the fairies like in rty2 or even rty1
              >tfw you get confused to either buff the enemies or nerf the players so you crash the server instead

Attached Files

Comment

So, playing around with it more, spawn still has way too many fairies, the fact that guardians are a common in the ocean makes it nearly impossible to get where I need to be and the heart sound is driving me insane. the server also closing half the time caused me to possibly lose everything I had due to me dying to a blizz while trying to get a fresh spawns (phantom and tyson), seriously I am really getting annoyed at this point to how impossible for a new player it is, especially if you are a fresh spawn for the first time, even someone who has had a few hours on it and some decent armour dies a bit while trying to extract said fresh spawns on the server! please make the spawn not a living hell for fresh spawns please, its getting ridiculous!
                "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Guardians kill squids. There is a reason they are restricted to water temples in the normal game.

Comment

Hi Katrix, would you do everyone a solid favor and tone the fucking hunger mod down? I have like 4 different types of food, I ate each one once, and now they all do 0 hunger. It's a little absurd and while I love that type of hunger mod, it's waaay too damn hardcore.

Update: This pack is giving me the Overwatch experience I had.

You see, when I got Overwatch, it looked like a good time and that it'd be fun.
                    Except it wasn't.

Every single time I played Overwatch, I hated it more than the last time. I found something else in the pack that pissed me off. No matter how much I tried to enjoy something, all the good aspects would just be drowned into obscurity by the horrid pile of horse shit that is the rest of the game.

This pack is doing the exact. same. thing. Whatever few good points I might be able to find (Note: Haven't found any yet) are completely pointless in comparison to everything that's just absolutely terrible about the pack.

Food is fucking useless because you eat something once and now it does nothing for the next 400 meals you have, danmaku-spamming assholes are fucking everywhere if you don't move 12 chunks for a minute, skeletons are a nightmare because of low health, suspiciously high-damaging mobs all over the place, mobs are spawning in every nook and crannie that's even remotely not being blasted with direct sunlight, can hardly mine because I have to light stupid torches every few minutes and every time I break to move one otherwise I may as well turn my monitor off to get a power-saving-but-the-exact-same experience, not to mention the server is absolute garbage with everything taking a second to register, shit freezes constantly, and crashing is more common than ever (IT CRASHED WHILE I WAS TYPING THIS), and overall just a fucking suffering trial to test my god damn patience.

Whatever goal you had in mind for this pack is drowned out by my personal goal of caving your skull in with the toaster you host this shit on.
                    I'm masochistic to very high degrees, especially in games, but that's by CHOICE. This shit doesn't even give me the option to fucking cry because it gouges out my eyes before the first tear can come out.

I normally don't like to lose my shit like this but good mother of fuck, I wanted to see potential in this but I just can't. Not in the direction it's going, which is right off a cliff into the depths of hell to torture anyone who even thinks about this modpack for the rest of eternity. I thought maybe if people played and gave ideas, it'd improve. No. This shit is too fucked to be fixed. I forgot who it was (it was tyson) but someone suggested the idea of completely wiping the slate clean and making a new RTY with community input like the original. I used to think that was a bit extreme.

Not anymore.
                    Last edited by Teshno; 05-11-2017, 06:37 PM. Reason: I asked someone on the server to deliver it for me but just in case nobody does, fuck you katrix.

..mememized

Comment

btw zippy, i figured out a crash reason if you ever care to fix it. tengu spam as per usual. sounds a lot like rty 2.0, correct? maybe if we fixed up 2.0 or even 1.0 to its former glory instead of this cesspool excuse of dark souls everybody would enjoy playing it better. (btw mystcraft is broken but not as broken as this pack is)

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomNerifes View Post
                        cesspool excuse of dark souls
                        dark souls is enjoyable, that's the difference

..mememized

Comment

Alright I should really be sleeping at this point (2 AM), but I can't, so I'm making this post instead.

First of, time. It's been 2 days since I released 0.3. In those two days I've learned two new things that need to be fixed. 1. Spawnrates need to be lowered. I have partially suspected this for fairies for a few days now, but from what I can see, I'm not the only on that feel that they spawn too much. This has already been fixed in the local dev version I have lying around. 2. Tengus can crash the server when they use their special attack. Everything else is old stuff that I've heard before. I get that people want this to be done soon, and want it to change soon, but change takes time, especially when I have finals in less than a week that I also have to study for.

What I already knew before these two days. That the server is leaking memory and that's causing crashes. That's something I've known for a week or more now. Server currently have 6 gb of ram to use. That should be plenty, and is not is not by normal standards garbage. Yes, I want to fix that memory leak, but finding such things aren't easy. So unless someone actually has some information regarding where this memory leak is, can they just not mention it in almost every post here?

That food stuff should be fixed. That was voted on and will be in the next update. I see no reason to continue bickering about it when the direction to take there is clear.

I don't know when the next update is going to be. Is it going to be after I'm done with finals? I don't know, but I do know that it most likely will be a few more days at least before I can get it out. What will happen with the server in that time. I don't know. From one point I really want to leave it open, but from the other point, I don't know if I'm going to get too much feedback that hasn't been said a thousand times before. BTW, this is exactly why I kept the RTY 2 beta closed, because this problem came up much less in there.

I don't know how long this beta will last, but I will say that I will consider it "short" if everything is done by July. There is no need to rush. Things are being worked on, but stuff also takes time.

So to everyone that's posting here. Next time you're posting, look above you and see if what you want to say has already been said. If you absolutely need to create a new post, I don't need 3 paragraphs of text. I just need a bullet list with what needs to be changed.

There, that's everything I have to say. I'll go back and try to see if I manage to sleep this time.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

The update sounds promising, finals are more important than Minecraft so focus on that shit instead.

But as a note, if a ton of people are complaining about something, that usually indicates it needs to be worked on ahead of things not being complained about as much. Players don't keep track of everything already being worked on and considered, they just complain about problems that currently exist. Keeping track of everything is the developer's job. If it was a global rule to not mention something that was already mentioned, the bug reports for Minecraft would be reduced by 98% and there'd be like 4 posts in this thread.

Repetitive feedback is how you tell what's a bigger issue than the rest.

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post

So to everyone that's posting here. Next time you're posting, look above you and see if what you want to say has already been said. If you absolutely need to create a new post, I don't need 3 paragraphs of text. I just need a bullet list with what needs to be changed.

There, that's everything I have to say. I'll go back and try to see if I manage to sleep this time.

I understand where you are coming from Katrix, but when we see that issues aren't fixed even though we complain about it, we get pissed. I understand, katrix, that you don't like to hear repetitive feedback, but this is the price for attempting to create something that is supposed to be the OFFICIAL yukkuricraft FTB. I know you are probably sick of people at this point saying this, but you gotta understand. We do not like games or mod packs that are broken beyond belief, it is why people don't play mass effect Andromeda for the actual game anymore other then to make a bigger point at how bad the game is. I don't play this mod pack as much anymore and would rather play Atlantic survival, aka a mod pack with spice of life that has something to make it easier to survive with it. I had some fun with the modpack at first, but after countless deaths and the server crashing, I am close to just not wanting to go anywhere near it, I understand it is beta, but dear god not all betas are as unplayable as this, most games have more polish than this in alpha, and that is saying something when Alpha is before a beta. I know some of these are teams, but yandere sim isn't even a true alpha and it is 10X more fun than this, and guess what, most of the game was created and coded by ONE man.

There is my little mini rant that went a little bit into this, you can tell I am actually starting to get more and more pissed about this the more I look into it, especially Katrix' responses, which in no way should be the responses he should be getting into.
                              "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Originally posted by LilyScarlet View Post
                                I understand it is beta, but dear god not all betas are as unplayable as this, most games have more polish than this in alpha, and that is saying something when Alpha is before a beta. I know some of these are teams, but yandere sim isn't even a true alpha and it is 10X more fun than this, and guess what, most of the game was created and coded by ONE man.
                                Honestly the modpack should've come out in alpha. That'd be a ton more forgiving. Alpha is just starting out and really expecting it to be broken, like this is. Beta means it's already had ton of testing from several people and it's nearing completion, not just starting its test run.

As for yandere sim, it's a debugging build and not even close to alpha. All the coding is by the single dev, though the assets are provided by everyone else. Though if I recall correctly, he's getting or going to be getting help from an official group now.

..mememized

Comment

Working...
                                X