Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTY 3 Beta

RTY 3 Beta

So, now after so much time of waiting, the beta for RTY 3 is finally open. Unlike last time, this is an open beta, and represents how the pack will be downloaded once it's actually released. Do please remember that this is a beta, lot's of stuff isn't done yet (server configs, game configs, touhou content), and the map might be wiped during the beta. The map WILL also be wiped at the end of the beta. So, how do you access it? It's still a bit complicated at this point, but easier than installing a beta has ever been. Either you can go here https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pro...se-the-yukkuri and download and install the pack manually, or you can find the modpack in the Curse/Twitch launcher. Instructions for that here https://www.curseforge.com/knowledge...rom-twitch-app.

Once you are in you need to enter the server. There isn't a button for that yet, so you need to type in the address yourself. The server address is rty.katsstuff.net.

Advice and FAQ

Keeping full hunger is so hard with SpiceOfLife
    Try to find different types of food. Grown food is the best type in the early game. In addition to that, look for a village. They usually has multipple types of food. In addition to that, look for other more interesting types of food like melons, pumpkin pie, cookies, and so on.

The enemies are so hard early game because of low health
    First of, remember that running is always an option. If you can, avoid the enemy. Also, make sure to always be aware of your surroundings. In addition to that, try to look for lifeblood hears. They should spawn in dungeon chests (both overworld and nether, although maybe a bit more in the nether). You will also receive a lifeblood heart once you have gone through the rules (once that's in place).

Changelog

Fixed crash when killing danmaku mobs
    Lifeblood crystals now spawn in the overworld
    Made all config stuff lowercase so that it will work on linux as well
    Nights are now a bit lighter on average
    Last edited by Katrix; 05-07-2017, 11:46 AM.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

wait so we have to get it from twitch or is there a curse forge launcher?
    sigpic

Comment

neato.
      Also Snowy, twitch and curse have merged, so you can download the modpack through the twitch desktop app.

I have the modpack working so if anyone needs some assistance in getting it running, you can let me know and I will try to help
      Last edited by DariruKuro; 05-05-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Okay, so after playing on the server for a bit, I have one thing to say. This pack is only for people who want the game to spit in their face. 3 starting hearts, fairies everywhere, hard difficulty setting and hardcore darkness. Can the difficulty be lowered a bit?
        Right now, I can barely leave spawn without dying.

Comment

hey sounds like a lot of the stuff we complained about in the last version. are there as many fairies as there were in the last game cause if so i'm not even going to bother trying.

Comment

Right now the problem is that for some reason the fairy death animation makes you loose connection to the server. So you don't want to even kill them unless you want to reconnect every 10 seconds.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

I cant remember if they are as bad, but there are still alot of fairies. My MAIN issue is the 3 heart thing. No idea how to increase them.

Comment

I thought the idea of developing new versions of something was to take in user input and realize what people want and what's needed, not just plug your ears and make everything worse? This isn't Valve you know.
                w-what is this autism aura??
                if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

the fairy spawn rate is defintly lower than the last one but the normal mobs hit like trucks and again the three heart thing is annoying I am starting to think he made this modack to get people stop not want to have anything to do with rty at all.
                  sigpic

Comment

another thing: we dont have access to the unlock command. can we get that?

Comment

After some testing I have figured out how to increase the amount of hearts we have: Lifeblood Crystals. The issue is that they are only available through random Nether Fortress chests. So basically, we will not find any for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time due to the difficulty level.
                      On another note: the "killing a fairy and disconnecting issue" is definitely a server-side thing.
                      Last edited by DariruKuro; 05-06-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

so brutal honesty time: this mudpack fucking sucks because the difficulty makes it almost unplayable with you giving us three hearts and before you say its the mod it isn't I tested it on a singler player world and I had five to either give us 5 hearts, lower the difficulty, or give us a way to get the life crystals to gain the hearts. the food mod makes it impossible to start out because there is no way to make that many farms when we cant explore or leave spawn at times from the mobs spawn camping us. Now I know that this is beta but unless the point of this mudpack was to get people to stop playing rty so you wouldn't need to make more packs you need to LOWER THE DIFFICULTY!!!! I cannot stress that enough. now with that aside and not looking at that it is a good start to a pack rather bare bones at the moment but it has potential but UNLESS YOU LOWER THE DIFFICULTY it wont get more people on it.
                        Last edited by Snowyvaan; 05-06-2017, 05:13 PM. Reason: grammar fixes
                        sigpic

Comment

Funny how suddenly I can't thank posts on this thread. Trying to cover something up m8?
                          w-what is this autism aura??
                          if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                          our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

RTY 3 0.2 Changelog
                            Fixed crash when killing danmaku mobs
                            Lifeblood crystals now spawn in the overworld
                            Made all config stuff lowercase so that it will work on linux as well
                            Nights are now a bit lighter on average

I hope that the Lifeblood crystals change should work well, and that people won't exploit it (if it happens too much I'll find another way to make them more common)

To update (in the launcher), look for a download button (arrow down), or go to the version button and find the 0.2 there.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

>crystals that increase life force but everyone spawns in with 3 hearts
                              >vanilla mobs that hit harder than bosses
                              >connectivity issues, but sounding more like a "feature"
                              >mods are broken as shit

huh, sounds like the same shit we complained about in 2.0. In fact, this is starting to sound more like a complete downgrade of 2.0 before you nuked it to hell and back because people were actually making good progress in their games. you really need to reconsider your modpack building skills if you are just going to take everyone's opinions and throw them in the garbage. do you know why those lifeblood crystals are only found in nether fortresses? because they're meant to be found by people who have the standard health, not the three hearts you've given them. if you seriously want to make a modpack everyone will want to play, listen very carefully and highly consider what i'm going to say:

1. erase this modpack and its code. your meddling with vanilla minecraft code is what makes everyone pissed off at you specifically.
                              2. listen to the fans of rty and add the mods they'd like to see. (server breaking shit isn't needed either but that doesn't mean to "listen" to the fans of rty on their opinions and then completely shit on those voices)
                              3. hardcore darkness is absolute cancer.
                              4. some things aren't meant to be changed, even if you alone think it's overpowered or doesn't fit with how you see a gensokyo-based minecraft game.
                              5. for fuck's sake, this is not a touhou game, it's a minecraft server. if you are hellbent on making a touhou-esque game, just code one already. don't corrupt a modpack other people consider "fun" because you don't like how strong thaumcraft and botania is compared to your own handmade stuff.
                              6. danmaku was fun when we could actually craft it, not level our own epeen up. if you have a problem with how useful danmaku is, nerf the droprate of mats for it or don't include fairies at all.

I could go on for hours about what's wrong but considering i'll be blackholed by "forum errors" i'm not even going to bother going on. end note, you took an alternate form of YC for people to have a challenge of fun, and you fucked it up. congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                              X