X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTY 2.0

So, I'm sure many of you have heard me talk about RTY 2.0. For those that haven't, RTY 2.0 will be the next version of RTY for 1.7.10. Altough most of the mods will be the same, I think it's worth to mention that unlike the other updates, this update will feature a completely new list of mods. This doesn't mean that the old mods won't be there, but it means that instead of just adding a few mods to the existing modpack, I've started with a blank slate and gone from there.

What will be so special about RTY 2.0 and why is it taking to long?

Well, as for the delay, there are several reason. Some of them are that I don't always get around to working on it(AKA lazy). The other reasons are that I'm still waiting for a few mods. The final reason is that RTY 2.0 will include a custom questline called Journey to Gensokyo that will take you from the normal world and into the world of Gensokyo. This journey will hopefully take you trough quite a bit of mods. Altough it won't be finished for RTY 2.0, I will at a later date also let you explore Heaven and Makai.

Will RTY 2.0 require a new world?

Yes it will. There are many reasons for this. The biggest is that like all updates to the Minecraft version, modpacks rarely survive. This is especially true with 1.7.10 as we are now moving away from item IDs wich is quite frankly a huge move. Even if it would theoretically possible to not have to make a new world with other Minecraft updates, 1.7.10 will require such a update. The second reason is that we'll be switching our biomes mods which will result in the world looking quite different. The third reason is for JTG(Journey to Gensokyo). While most of JTG won't require a new world, some parts will.

How will the difficulty be in RTY 2.0

The difficulty will stay mostly the same with one big exception. Late game. Things like late game armor will be a lot more tedious to acquire now. The reason for this is that I believe that not everyone should be seen walking around with QuantumSuit. It should be a mark of achievement. It will also drag the game out a bit more for those that speed trough most of the game.

Does this mean that RTY 2.0 is done soon?

No. By far no. The reason that I posted this is to push myself a bit more and to open up and tell you guys what RTY 2.0 will actually include. I am hoping to finish it as soon as possible tough.

What mods are included?

Damage Indicators
    Ars Magica 2
    Advanced Machines
    Advanced SolarPanels
    Applied Energistics 2
    Backback (might remove)
    Bibliocraft and addons
    BiomesOPlenty
    Blood Magic
    Buildcraft
    CarpentersBlocks
    Chisel
    EnderStorage
    Extra Utilities
    Factorization
    Gravisuit
    Hats
    Highlands
    HQM
    IndustrialCraft
    InventoryTweaks
    IronChests
    LycanitesMobs
    MFR
    MineTweaker
    ModTweaker
    MrCrayfish's Furniture mod
    Mystcraft (unstable, removing)
    Natura
    NEI
    NEIAddons
    NEIPlugins
    NetherOres
    Pam's Harvest
    Project Red
    Railcraft
    Redstone Arsenal
    Thaumcraft
    Thaumic Tinkerer
    Thermal Expansion
    Twilight forest
    Waila
    Touhou Items Mod

Something you want to add or remove from the list, tell me. Note that the mods are not final.

How can I help?

So you want to help. Well there isn't much you can do at this stage directly. There are however a few small things. If you're an artist then it might be that you could help. Although I already have textures, they're not very good. If you want to make textures for me than I wont stop you. The textures I need at the moment are, Gensokyo ore, Makai Ore, Heaven Ore, Gensokyo note, Makai Note, Heaven Note, Gensokyo ingot, Makai ingot, Heaven ingot. In addition to that, I would also like some sort of map over Gensokyo. I don't care about the resolution on this one.

There is however the fact that JTG will require Quests. I'm already planning to use those already here, but it would be great with more of them. If you want to make a few quests just make a new thread there and I'll look over it. I need both quests for when they player is in gensokyo, which is how the player will acquire most of the Touhou Items mod items. I also need ideas for quest that the player need to do to get to Gensokyo. What I am hurting most for in this area is repeatable quests that are meant to be done over and over to progress along.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Yes, Ars Magica 2 is in this! Finally! Thank you, based Katrix!

(I know I could be commenting on other things but, when one is already aware of most of RTY 2.0, I would just be repeating myself.)
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Katrix

Oh yea, now I remember the questline I was making. It was for gaining access to Youkai Mountain. 0-0
      Maybe I should work on it more...

I just have a couple questions about the quests. Is it possible to implement NPCs? If so, how good would their AI be? Is there a way to populate Gensokyo with NPCs and have them patrol or wander a certain area? If someone were to complete a quest, would those NPCs be capable of recognizing that player as friendly, all while being hostile to those that have not finished the quest?

It's a lot of questions, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what's possible. ^^

As for the access quest, I just might have something in mind...

Also, I must have some really bad luck. Before I left, I had just made some Quantum armor. I still have yet to use it.
      Time to learn Thaumcraft...
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Is there anyway to convert items from RTY 1.0 to RTY 2.0? stuck at a starbucks with crappy connection

Comment

@S121

No NPC, although there are some behaviors like speak I can simulate without them.

@Nuclear

Nope, 2.0 will be completely different. Don't have any plans to give items back either because of balancing.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Is there a possibility that we add Tinkers' Construct to the Modpack?
            Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

@Katrix

Simulate? Do you mean like a "voice in the player's head" via the chatbox?
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

I might actually play this modpack once you get the questline working lol. Well, when I have time, anyway.

Comment

What do you think of adding the Blood Magic Mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

@Nick
                    Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
                    What do you think of adding the Blood Magic Mod?
                    Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                    What mods are included?

[...]
                    BiomesOPlenty
                    Blood Magic
                    Buildcraft
                    [...]
                    Read before you ask, Nick. Blood Magic is already going to be added (to which I am also happy to see).
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Nevermind

@Katrix

There's a mod called Baubles, it is the coremod to the Mythril Armor Mod, is there a possibility of adding these 2 mods?

And btw, Thaumcraft (and Thaumic Tinkerer) are very unstable in version 1.7.10, because it tends to crash and corrupt worlds(personal experience)

And Ichor doesn't work

Last edited by Katrix; 10-10-2014, 01:43 PM. Reason: Merged Quadruple posts

Comment

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM! Refrain from multi posting at once, Nick. Double posting is fine in some circumstances. But this just isn't right.

Katrix, you have the legal right to choose whether to compress the posts, punish Nick, or to leave the posts as they are.

Comment

@Nick

I think you just set new record with that many posts after each other. You can edit can't you?

Anyway? Baubles, already have them, Mythril Armor Mod no.

Thaumcraft, Could you elaborate on that. How do you know that Thaumcraft's the cause? Are you running the latest version? And Ichor is working wonders here. Are you sure you have the research unlocked. And it doesn't really matter anyway as we're using a custom recipe for Ichor.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Sorry for multiposting 😅

And... I know is Thaumcraft because I played Pure Thaumcraft and it crashed.

And about Ichor... I meant the armor attributes don't work

Comment

@Nick

Do you know how to reproduce the crash. If you can't reproduce it then I'm not going to bother with it. And it's not like Thaumcraft is going away anyway. Thaumcraft is probably the mod I use the most with JTG witch isn't a mod I added just to help with JTG. As for the ichor stuff. I'm going to sound like a jerk for saying this, but... did you remember to turn it on? It worked fine for me. Only bug I noticed was that the light took very long to decay.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X