• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww no item refunds
    I am excited for the questline tho

Comment

@Katrix

Could you check my last post? I think it was lost among the discussion.

I think I have a really cool idea for a questline that will use the mods to complete it. There might be two possible ways to get to Gensokyo, maybe three. Basically, you would either need to advance to a certain point in technology, magic, or perhaps you go on a quest to find this portal that keeps appearing in your dreams.

I'll type up the questline soon! XD
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@S121

Oh sorry for that. Well to make myself more clear, we will have NPC's, but they will be more a marker for quest than anything, oh and also to clear out the area a bit, and at times just to give a bit more atmosphere like bunnies in eientei. When I say simulate speak I mean as in all dialogue is written in your quest book.

When it cones to that questline, although I already have something planned out, but I'm open for new ideas.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

Is it ok if i make some suggestions of some wods that would be realy awesome, cool and realy helpfull if this pack had those mods?
          Whether it is ok or not, here you go with the mods i would personally realy love to be added into the pack:

Animal Bikes
          Archimedes Ships
          Computer Craft
          Custom NPCs
          Dimensional Doors
          EnderIO
          ICBM
          Lazer Mod
          Minecraft Comes Alive
          Mekanism
          Modular Force Field System
          Open Blocks
          Pixelmon (???)
          Portal Gun
          Redstone in Motion
          Secret Rooms
          TContruct
          Wireless Redstone

If this for some reason stupid of me to ask this kind of question, please inform me as to why. But still, i would realy love it if these mods would also be added into this pack becouse they are realy awesome and super usefull.
          And yes, some of these mods listed here were also in the previouse one. And i might have forgotten some mods or said some mods wich are already in here, but i can fix that later on.
          (Also notice how this is coppied about a few min. after i made that post on the official RTY threat (V1.0) XD)
          Thanks.

Comment

@Cupcake

Alright so before I begin with this, let me say something, when I ask you for a reason to include this, it means that I might include it if you manage to convince my why this needs to be in the modpack. You are free to try to convince me with any of these, but I I didn't tell you to try to convince me, then it's a much lower chance of it coming in.

Animal Bikes: Just not the mod I'm looking for to be in RTY

Archimedes Ships: Played around with this in the old days. Is it still as glitchy as it was?

Computer Craft: Can be seriously OP if used correctly. Might include if recipe is changed around a BIT

Custom NPCs: What we use for NPCs

Dimensional Doors: Outdated

EnderIO: Was in for some time, but it never caught my attention. It was just another one of those tech mods.

ICBM: We want to blow each other up?

Lazer Mod: Convince me

Minecraft Comes Alive: Not what I'm looking for to be in RTY

Mekanism: Just another tech mod.

Modular Force Field System: Convince me

Open Blocks: Will do once it's updated

Pixelmon (???): We're a Touhou server, and this is a touhou modpack. I just feel that this would feel a bit out of place.

Portal Gun: Will add once it's updated

Redstone in Motion: Frames huh, tried one of those in the past. To be hones, I think I'm going to wait for ExU's ones.

Secret Rooms: So like the camouflage blocks? Convince me

TContruct: Can be kind of OP. Convince me

Wireless Redstone: Will add once it's updated.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Chiming in cause MFFS was something I mentioned before.

It would help with securing/building larger bases for late game.
              Also would allow for securing a safe place in more dangerous biomes (i.e. the nether since we have lycanites) since it provides a means to prevent mob spawning in an area.
              Now if I recall, the balance is the large amount of power and diamonds (and I think even emeralds?) needed to make and maintain the system.

Also just to confirm, Mystcraft for 1.7 is unstable and therefore will not be included?

Comment

I hope i can convince you to add the most usefull mods, tho. Oh well, here goes...:

Animal Bikes: It would just be fun to have it, it's not necessarily required.

Archimedes Ships: I don't know how it was back in the days, but you could always test, right? it would be awesome to have flying ships/bases.

Computer Craft: True, but it would still be awesome to be able and create whole programs to controll your factories with.

Custom NPCs: Creative, perhaps? Or survival villiges with permissions?

Dimenional Doors: Ah, ok. Still too bad.

Ender IO: It's just very helpfull to have conduits for energy, water, items, etc. in one block of space. You can even cover the conduits in facades to make it look like a block. Basicly the best way to transmit energy. Also has other usefull machines, blocks, items and more.

ICBM: Only when two players want to have war? Explosion damage off???

Lazer Mod: It's very usefull for security, it's not necessarily required.

Minecraft Comes Alive: I thought it would be nice if there would actualy be normal villigers and have the ability to make relationsships and all, it's not necessarily required.

Mekanism: It's realy usefull, like smelting multiple ores at a time, crush ores to get more out of the ores, and a lot of automated stuff. Think of the possibilities!

Modular Force Field System: It's just realy bloody usefull to keep unwanted guests out of your house/base. Also realy usefull when also having ICBM. :3

Open Blocks: Ok, nice.

Pixelmon: Yeah, i should have thought about that myself...

Portal Gun: Ok, even more nice-er(?)

Redstone in Motion: Just think of the idea of making movable objects... I am already working on making a funcional robot with this mod, and it works. And also think of having opening and closing shafts, and elevators!!

Secret Rooms: Usefull for making hidden bases. That's all, realy. But still very usefull.

Tcontruct: True, and we also got a lot of other tools with some other mods. Still looked like fun to have. It's not necessarily required.

Wireless Redstone: Alright, that is so bloody usefull

I also forgot a mod that is one of the best mods to have. It's "Applied Energetics" and i think you might know what it is. If not, let me know.

Whew, i hope i convinced you enough for most of the mods to be added.
                Thanks anyway for your time and... hopefuly adding some stuff and understanding me.

Comment

@Cupcake

I don''t think you really understood what I meant. I don't want to know what it it, what to do with it, that it is awesome, or that it is useful. I want to know why should I include it in the modpack. Look at how Cucoo did it. He told me what it was used for and all that, but he also told me why we should have it it the modpack (lycanites). Don't get me wrong. Something awesome is awesome alright, but it's also another mod that get's loaded and add to the already pretty big number of loaded blocks. Earlier today I took Factorization out of the modpack. Why? Because no one was using it, and it just felt like some dead weight. Just to put some perspective on things. The Monster pack is around 180 mods. Mods people talk about it as HUGE. We are already at around 110 mods. What you need to tell me is how that mod isn't going to be dead weight. Why would I use Mekanism instead of Thermal Expansion for example.

@Cucoo

Good job. Think I'll include it. And yes, Mystcraft for 1.7.10 is bloody unstable. It works fine on 1.7.2, but on 1.7.10, you can't create ages with it. That's how unstable it is. On the other hand, I just got a hand on a stable Forestry Build, so that's going in at least.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Oh that's ironic...
                    Oh well... guess I'll have to hop on the charcoal bandwagon as well then.

Though makes me wonder... If Mystcraft is out, then will we have to rely on Portal Guns for linking bases together? Or is there another mod that allows teleportation like Mystcraft that I'm not aware of?

Comment

@Katrix

Wait, we have Custom NPC's!?!?!? 8D

Man I loved that mod!!! I used to use it all the time in 1.3.2 and all the later versions! You can create mercenaries that you can hire, shopkeepers to sell items, bards that played music, guards to protect villages, enemies, and even BOSSES! What is it capable of now? Was the boss extension fixed? What have they added?

Now that I think about it, the mod had the ability for you to create dialogue for the NPC's in Mass Effect fashion, and even had a rudimentary faction system. It takes a little bit of time to link dialogue strings together, but it could work. If not, then I would understand; time constraints on it being released, troubleshooting the dialogue trees, and trying to come up with dialogue. Not only that, it can be a little tedious to get an NPC fully programmed.

I would personally work on it if I had a computer.

Anyways, I might have more to add on the quest, it's beginning. What if the quest started as the player having these odd dreams that lead to an obsession of sorts. Either that, or the player comes across Yukari, who tells them about Gensokyo, and after the player states they want to go, Yukari decides to test them with various tasks.

What are your thoughts?
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

@S121

Sorry for not making this clear enough, but we won't use CustomNPCs for any of those things. They are pretty much ascetics only. Why? Because it doesn't integrate with HQM in any sort of way, and HQM is definitively the quest type I'm aiming for.

As for those starts, neither will work. Here is how it starts, thus us a fact u can't change. 1. You start with a weird book in your inventory. 2. You find or craftca weird book. What's written in the book can be decided tough. The book will be where you GWR all tour quests.

Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

@Cucoo5
                          mekanism has teleporters
                          Last edited by CupcakeEdgeworth; 10-13-2014, 02:52 AM.

Comment

@Katrix
                            EGAD! i keep making a fool of myself for every post i try to make... This is my final try, after this i just give up becouse it seems i suck at this stuff.

To begin, the mods i would like the most would be Computer Craft, Mekanism, MFFS and Applied Energetics. With these mods, a lot of things can be used to help you make machines, factories, and other cool contraptions. Like the combination of Computer Craft, Project Red, Mekanism and Buildcraft. With that, you can make fully automated farms, factories, and other cool things. also with Computer Craft you can controll everything from one point. As for the other two mods, MFFS was explained by Cucoo5.
                            As for Applied Energetics... this mod could be OP, but still realy hard to get all the things required to maintain it. You can store items, link the system to crafting stations, furnaces, machines, and let items automaticly be crafted in the right order by linking it all up. But than again, It's realy hard to get all the quartz to get all that.

I hope i did it better this time :S I am realy not good at this kind of stuff.
                            Welp, guess i just have to live with it of what you decide now...
                            Still, thanks for your time again.

EDIT: If you got mekanism, you could delete other mods that adds things like machines, tools and armor, becouse mekanism also has that and/or could be used as a replacement. Mekanism also has teleporters...
                            Last edited by CupcakeEdgeworth; 10-13-2014, 02:55 AM.

Comment

@Cupcake

Sorry, maybe another time. Also protip, check OP first.

Originally posted by Katrix View Post

Ars Magica 2
                              Advanced Machines
                              Advanced SolarPanels
                              Applied Energistics 2
                              Bibliocraft and addons
                              BiomesOPlenty

Also, refrain from double posting.

Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Ahh. Ok.

What is GWR?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X