X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Ok, so she created Nemesis to be both a weapon and a person, right?

Waaiiit... What if she intended Nemesis to be a weapon against the Tainted and to eventually develop into a person, but Ragnarok begins using her to wipe out the Infecta, as well as stunting her growth as a person by treating her as just a weapon, teaching her that she is only a weapon.

What are your thoughts on that?

Also, the first project idea sounds good to me. It adds something extra for the future.

In the end, it all comes down to Ragnarok abusing her creations.
    Last edited by S121; 12-03-2014, 01:24 AM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

That's what I'm starting to think. It would give her all the motives in the world...

And this is what I find funny...
      Here's a character so concerned about the present and the future, her past is lacking.

Present day motives? check.
      Overly concerned about future due to visions? check
      Origin story that goes all the way back to who she was before any of this?
      ...not quite check...

If I had to summarize the main 6 characters of EG

Aion, a nobleman who then was reincarnated as a mercenary who then returned to being the Master of Time.
      Joe, a mercenary who helped Aion's reincarnation get settled in. Had family issues and keeps his little sister Terrisa close.
      Terrisa, mechanic who is carefree and loves to help her older brother and befriends anyone. Doesn't know about the family issues as Joe is keeping it from her.
      Kiara, once just a water nymph living peacefully before the war hit home. Then becomes a medic in an attempt to learn how to cure those that are infected by Nihiliods.
      Eleos, originally a guard of the Senari Republic who turned elite marksman just before its fall.

And then Starla is the sixth.
      Originally she was of the original four characters before I created Kiara and Eleos.
      She is now the last of the six to finally get her origin story set. The others have theirs which pretty much leads straight into how they became what they are...
      Starla...
      Her present is set so perfectly... she just doesn't have a past...
      I actually don't know what's her home planet.

Aion, despite being born on Nox, hails from Dua
      Joe and Terrisa, Duon
      Kiara, Alcyon
      Eleos, Egale

And the thing is, I can't imagine Starla coming from any of these planets or even the others.
      She's around before Eleos, which would put her arriving in Celestora system... which would mean Alcyon.... but... Alcyon is not exactly technological...
      Actually maybe she arrives after Eleos...
      ... But then that would mean Nemesis comes after Eleos and thus wouldn't be around when the Nihiliod encounter occurs in the "Lost Princess" passage...
      And there's my second problem. I don't know where to put her...

EDIT
      Space colony in Egale system.
      fucking hell that makes so much sense.

1) It's a lot of tech. And it's "near" the Nihiliods Quarantine (in terms of being in the same solar system.) If she grew up in fear of Nihiliods... that would shape her and cause her to be extra motivated to create the Daedalus Project. Cause it's personal.

2) She then makes Nemesis because she wants to have something help protect her home colony.

3) She could have gone back to her home to find it attacked by Nihiliods. Could be the scene I've been thinking about before they go to Senarious. She could have been in a transport that was attacked and that's how she meets up with the group. This scene would be before she arrives home.

Ok there it is.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-03-2014, 01:53 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Where does her race primarily reside? Which place is the most scientifically advanced?

As a second question, what if she's a drifter of sorts when it comes to a home, choosing to go where the science is?
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I kinda ninja edited in the answer to that.

Space Colony. She grew up in a Space Colony in the Egale System.
          It would support everything you just pointed out as possibilities and would work magnificently.

And it would work for Shinka too

Replace Nihiliods with Tainted, say she's been away working on these projects and then she finally goes back aaaaand finds out her home was ravaged by Tainted.
          Boom. origin story complete.

AFTER 6 GOD DAMN YEARS, STARLA IS FINALLY COMPLETE.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-03-2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Awesome.

So, what other things do we need to work out with her? Did we miss something?
            sigpic

Comment

For Starla, just need to figure out how to set up something similar for her history in Shinka. That can go back to the RP threads.
              Meanwhile, Let's talk Nemesis.

Now I can use a lot about her from Iron Storm and Shinka Knights RPs.

And to summarize a bit...
              Nemesis is to Aion as Cortana is to John.
              Starla adapts Nemesis from android form to help Aion after she learns that he had been flying Eclipse Blade without an AI.

Comment

@Cucoo

So in other words, Aion did not really like Nemesis at first, but after they began to work together, they became close friends, and Nemesis improves upon what Aion is capable of, right?
                sigpic

Comment

In short yes. Even though he has seen what she can do as an Android, the notion of putting her into "his pride and joy" kinda put a damper on things at first. It wasn't until a sparrow missile went thru the cockpit and into his left shoulder, rendering him incapable of properly controlling Eclipse Blade, that his opinion changed as Nemesis helped control the fighter and didn't just try and bring him back to base but rather helped him finish the attack run.

There's a concept for like the culture of Maverick pilots I have...
                  Committing to Attack Run
                  When a squadron is about to execute an extremely dangerous attack run, each member would say "Committed to Attack Run!"
                  This is an oral contract stating that you will not "chicken out" of the attack and abandon your squad.
                  For Mavericks, they will go out of their way to keep a wounded craft in the fight (note the word craft). Because every fighter counts because of that shared energy concept.

So with that in mind, when Aion was wounded during an attack run, you could say he was being really stubborn when it came to people telling him to abort the run. So when Nemesis helped him continue on, that's when he changed his mind about having an AI in his fighter.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Ahh, I see. So after that, Aion kept her in his ship, right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Right. And when not flying, she still has her original Android body.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ahh, ok.

So, now that her history has been touched upon, what do we need to work on with her? Does her later history need more work?
                        sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Kinda... Cause right now... It could be possible that Nemesis is still around somewhere during Phoenix... Maybe critically damaged or something...

Comment

@Cucoo

Dayum, how did she survive?

Then again, she is a machine, not a biological entity.

How would she have been critically damaged?
                            sigpic

Comment

Test of time, not capable of properly repairing herself... I don't know where she would be or why...
                              ...unless she's near where the space colony once was were Starla lived...

Comment

@Cucoo

That would make sense.

Better yet, where would she have last been in your story? Same place?

Also, here's something interesting. I don't know if the material is real or not, but it might give you some ideas.

http://beta.techradar.com/news/world...er-was-1156955
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X