X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

That could work. That would allow us some leniency with Dua and Duon.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Yea...
      So the theme dictates the animals in each system/planet
      ...and thats where my imagination comes short.

Oh and in tech I think I figured out now why the Blade series of Fighters were feared by enemies: they're interceptors.
      For the longest time I kept placing them in multi-role category... But it makes more sense to say they're specialized interceptors (high speed and long range)
      Their strengths are speed and firepower. They move like lightning and hit like a freight train. They rely on element of surprise and a spotter like a sniper almost. The spotter locks onto a target for the interceptor. The interceptor hits the target then gets out immediately. It's the equivalent of getting hit by a cruise missle... Except one that can strike multiple times and engage in combat if needed.
      But there's the flaws: it sacrifices armor for speed. Standard guns are weak compared to other fighters. It relies on missiles to kill a target quickly. Easy to block if you know when and where it's coming.
      The Blade series does have improved armament and agility in combat but even worse in armor. Aion's fighter, Eclipse Blade, has modifications that allow it to carry extra armor and ordinance so it can serve other roles, but can jettison the extra equipment to go back to being an interceptor. The Nova Engine allows Blades to boost speed and shield strength tenfold but at risk of overheat.
      Blade series fighters carry 3-7 engines (usually an even number of boosters are included, where of the range 2-6 could be boosters.)
      * Nova Engine is a power source, not used in propulsion.

Armament typically includes
      2x Rapid fire guns
      4x SPARROW Missile pods (50 each) - short range
      4x radar guided missiles - long range
      3x Gaia seeking missiles - medium range

Special Equipment
      1x BREAKER bomb - "Cruiser Dive bombing"
      1x Rail Cannon - nose mounted
      2-4x additional rapid fire/cannon style guns (replaces SPARROW Pods)

Average performance stats to be determined.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-30-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

How big are these blade fighters again? They seem a little larger than I imagined.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

uh.. people, I think we got a sittuation

Well I got one in the story, now I got 2 versions of the same character, one in the palace and one in Alchyon
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Wait, who is this other Mara?

Let's also take this to General Discussion.

Also, good news. I found all my posts for ATWAG. I might post tomorrow, depending on whether or not people need to post for me. If so, then I'll need to type up ten sub-posts within my post.
            sigpic

Comment

Dimensional vortex? I dunno. You sort of brought that issue on yourself.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

@S1
                Blade Fighters size depend on number of engines, otherwise they're the size of the MIG-31 "Foxhound"

To give an example of what the MIG-31 can do, here's the stats

General characteristics

Crew: Two (pilot and weapons system officer)
                Length: 22.69 m (74 ft 5 in)
                Wingspan: 13.46 m (44 ft 2 in)
                Height: 6.15 m (20 ft 2 in)
                Wing area: 61.6 m˛ (663 ft˛)
                Empty weight: 21,820 kg (48,100 lb)
                Loaded weight: 41,000 kg (90,400 lb)
                Max. takeoff weight: 46,200 kg (101,900 lb)
                Powerplant: 2 × Soloviev D-30F6 afterburning turbofans
                Dry thrust: 93 kN (20,900 lbf) each
                Thrust with afterburner: 152 kN (34,172 lbf) each

Performance

Maximum speed:
                High altitude: Mach 2.83 (3,000 km/h, 1,860 mph)[5]
                Low altitude: Mach 1.2 (1,500 km/h, 930 mph)
                Cruise speed: 2500 km/h (supersonic, Mach 2.35)
                Combat radius: 1,450 km (900 mi) at Mach 0.8 / 720 km (447 mi) at Mach 2.35[62]
                Ferry range: 3,300 km (2,050 mi)
                Service ceiling: 20,600 m (67,600 ft)
                Rate of climb: 208 m/s (41,000 ft/min)
                Wing loading: 665 kg/m˛ (136 lb/ft˛)
                Thrust/weight: 0.85
                Maximum g-load: 5 g

Armament

1× GSh-6-23 23 mm cannon with 260 rounds.
                Fuselage recesses for 4× R-33 (AA-9 'Amos') or 6x R-37 (AA-13 'Arrow') (MiG-31M/BM only).
                4 underwing pylons for a combination of (6 places for charging[63] (+ 2 space to add removable fuel tanks[11]))

[this means it has a bay designed to hold max 6x missiles and hard points on the wings that hold 2 items each for total of 8 items.]

So if you take this and change it to this timeframe...
                ...I would need to work on the numbers...

@Kristia
                Blame Fissures of Time.
                Not certain how it works but that's what could happen.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-30-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Just don't meet yourself. That's how paradoxes happen. Or at least that's what some old man with a bunch of molotov cocktails shaped like lemons told me.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

while I have no issues with knowing who is who, I only hope it doesn´t give problems to the others, heck I can even change the alchyon version another name since most, if not all, posts that due have the name are mine
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Well all things considered, it's happened before with Aion, except the second instance took another name: Revere Exorco... Because reasons.

Comment

Anyways, where were we with this discussion? XD
                        sigpic

Comment

I will surely change the Alchyon woman´s name, but she will remain as a bioroid with only key differences that will be another name, black hair and green eyes since she comes from a different universe.

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

That sounds good. It will make things less confusing for everyone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Well the three concepts that are on the table right now is Irians and their appearance... Which I'm not imaginative enough to really create something new when it comes to animals.

Second topic is looking more at Tech and the application to Blade fighters. If modern aircraft are used as a benchmark to work from, some points could be defined, such as a typical engine's parameters, guns stats, armor, and other such details. The only thing no easily "benchmarked" would be other equipment such as radar stats, on-board computer capabilities, life support, etc.

The third thing is the Fissures of Time which would somehow explain the situation with Kristia's character. Considering these are also used to go instantaneously between two points in the galaxy with Rift Gates, the fact that Selene can see weak points in space that could form into them, and the fact they were used to go to alternate dimensions as well as tied to this "beast of time" which is the source of Aion's power... This is big. And I'm not even touching on the deal with Aion and Revere...

Also Fissures of Time are tied to the Caeles who were using them to create Heaven's Forge. If we can solidify Irians somewhat, then the next race to work on would be Caeles...and thus Fissures...

Comment

@Cucoo

So should we try and come up with creatures for the Irians, or should we stick with normal animals? I might be able to come up with something, but I won't be able to make very good appearances, and won't be able to make a lot of creatures.

As for the blade fighters, which topic should we work on first?

As for the last topic, let's save that for when we touch on the Caeles.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X