• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I DERPED HARD

I WAS GOING TO SAY DAEDALUS PROJECT WAS TO BE POWERED BY 7 SUPERGIANT STARS

DID NOT REALIZE SIZE AT TIME

MAKING SMALLER NOW

OK THINKING 25x10^6 km diameter BECAUSE WHY NOT HAVE IT MOSTLY STARS LIKE POLLUX

Comment

Ok so I've inadvertently came up with something interesting.

So I assigned Generation Numbers to the fighters and assigned randomly that each generation is 50 years starting from about 108826. From there I've determined when certain fighters were designed and found out that some were designed in interesting times. The Blade interceptor was made iirc during the first Republic but I said in the description that it was Imperial in design. It is a 5th Gen fighter and currently we have 7th Gen. 6th and 7th Gen were made during the Twin Empire and New Republic respectively, both generations dropping the 5th Gen design norms. What's interesting is that the 6th Gen Horizon Interceptor mimics the Blade in specs, but its overall performance is lower. It's as if they were trying to recreate the Blade but didn't know how. So somewhere down the line 5th Gen or earlier fighter designs were lost. The question is, when where and why did it happen? Anyone have any concepts for why it could have happened?

Comment

@Cucoo

Was there any event that could have caused a regression in technology or something that could have destroyed the blueprints and/or the fighters? Maybe the blueprints were lost? Maybe 5th gen had something that made them effective but dangerous, forcing them to build weaker, safer ones? Maybe they sacrificed quality for quantity?
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Twin rebellion is the first thing that comes to mind for the first possibility. 5th Gen had proper Nova Engines which are difficult to make if you don't know how to make it right. It could be possible that somehow they lost the designs for Nova Engines hence why there is no fighter with them until Interceptor Nova, but even then its a Nova Core, which is not as good even though it cranks out the numbers. Maybe it took them a century to realize they threw out their best design of power systems and are working to make the Nova Engine again. They probably ditched it due to some accident... Something big had to happen with a Nova Engine to cause that...

Comment

@Cucoo

Perhaps a nova engine suffered critical failure, scaring people into outright banning it?
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe Sedes Imperii wasn't always the nebulous planet we know it is now...

Comment

@Cucoo

They basically had to glue a planet back together?
                sigpic

Comment

Or they didn't really bother since they have the floating cities. So a Nova Engine equipped fighter, and I'm thinking it was a Thunderbolt, went kaboom down on Sedes Imperii's surface, affecting the structure of the planet and its atmosphere, turning it Into what it currently is.

Comment

@Cucoo

How large is this planet? What could have caused The Thunderbolt to fail?
                    sigpic

Comment

Sedes Imperii would originally be a smaller planet than Earth and Nova Engine Failure would be due to bad Crystal Pairs. So it could be just a maintenance accident.

Comment

Ok so I just realized how Venturian Equipment could work. So now I'm preparing a document that details everything from power cores to weaponry. Also it will explain how Gaia and Aura energy break the laws of physics.

Comment

From exploring how the tech works I also figured out what to do with the 80k years that are missing in the timeline which will explain why the outer rim is currently so desolate and why boundary planets exist.

Tracer Revolution
                          AIs are destroyed

Great Blank
                          Technology regression

War of the Rim

UPDATE:

To keep track of where things are in the Outer Rim (and because it is a lot larger of an area than the Inner Rim) I'm dividing it into twelve sectors that will be codenamed using the Zodiac

Each sector will contain a "capital system" which, until a better idea comes up, will be called what the sector is named.

This will at least give the Outer Rim some reference points as I start working out the Tracer Revolution which brings the technology of Venturia from pure perfection to its current state. Basically, technology in Venturia evolves so rapidly they actually perfect almost everything, manage to destroy the Nihiliods, and live Utopian lives. But things got too perfect and then someone tried to push things beyond with an AI system known as Tracer. This Tracer Revolution would ultimately result in the destruction of the utopian culture and technology and bring about the regression of technology and the ban on AI which lasts for a few generations.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-04-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

@ S1
                            Took me way too long to make this, but I did it.

Also I finally think I got the concept down on the logo for EG down.

Comment

Ok new developments and a cry for help

So first off I've just figured out what's up with this period of time I'm calling the Great Blank, within which there is an event known as Trace's Revolution which would result in a regression in technology as AIs and augmentations are destroyed and banned respectively.

Basic story is that the Venturians achieve a state in which they believe they have perfected everything and thus turned the galaxy into a utopia. Everyone believed this until an AI girl named Trace proves otherwise. The resulting revolution would bring an end to this Golden Age.

Now the cry for help is concerning what I'm calling the Egale portion of Shards of Starlight.
                              Specifically the event that lead up to the Lost Princess passage and the events that occur after.
                              I'll post later what I have once I update the Timeline.

Comment

Ok So here's the more current version of the timeline.
                                Comment/edit mode enabled so feel free to mark it up.
                                https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                                Egale section is the last part that I have a lot of details for so just scroll to the bottom and then scroll up.

Now
                                Excuse me as I side track my entire existence around the realization that I can make Eternal Galaxy: Tracer actually work and that every era has one common theme that ties everything together.
                                Basically, I'm going to have a list of "Revolutionaries" for each Era, and Trace, the AI girl that I mentioned in the prior post, will be one of them.

So just to list them out here:

VOID:
                                - Venturia
                                - Aion (Caeles)

Prism:
                                - Aion Leonares
                                - Tina
                                - Cicero
                                - Nero
                                - Sarah

Tracer:
                                - Trace

Reaper's Call:
                                - Eleos

Shattered Ice Flower:
                                - Achlys
                                - Marcus
                                - Kiara

Twin Rebellion
                                - Orion
                                - Jade

Shards of Starlight/ Echoes of Time:
                                - Aion Rixtravius
                                - Revere Exorco

Phoenix:
                                - Ignis

This is also going to be the list of characters whose perspectives I would be focusing on in each story.

Also have the music and art that helped everything click

Comment

Working...
                                X