X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Ok, so where should we start first? What is our point A and B?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Literally, Point A is what's immediately above that part and Point B is throughout everything past it.

Bridging the gap and making sense of the original story is what's stopping me right now.

Comment

Random Passage:

Starla's Home

"C'mon! The colony is just up ahead!" Starla called back to the rest of the group. "Just through this gate is my-" Her cheery smile slowly faded as she ran into the first street of the colony. Gradually she slowed to a stop in the middle of the settlement's central square. A broken fountain, ruined buildings, and the stench of death greeted her senses. Where there should be people, there was bloodstains. Where there would have been crowded markets, there was rubble. Starla's eyes were wide with terror as she realized what had happened. "My... Home..." A feeling of weakness overcame her, causing her to collapse to her knees as she stared off into some undefined portion of space, not really focusing on the state of the colony anymore. Breathes came in stuttered and sporadic as a plethora of feelings started to well up in her. "W-what...what happened to my home?!" In the midst of her racing thoughts, one question came to the forefront: "What of my family?"

A sudden burst of desperate energy drove Starla up from her spot on the ground and towards where her house once was. "MAAAAAAMA?!" Starla shouted in desperation. She no longer seemed to be the woman she was, rather she seemed more like a scared little girl from her past. "PAAAAPA?! WHERE ARE YOU??" She rounded a corner and the sight she was greeted with caused her to stumble and fall amidst sobs and tears of complete sorrow. The majority of her home was gone, lost to whatever caused a massive crater nearby. It was so unreal she was unable to stop the waves of tears.

Comment

Ok so because of what I had to do, I dumped everything onto Google drive, therefore my primary doc that is the timeline is there and so here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

It's set so that anyone that visits via this link can add suggestions which I get to approve/reject.
          I expect to see things happen now.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 06-06-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

updated link and doc. Revised a few things and made it through the beginning portion of Shards of Starlight. Book sections are titled in blue as I reach them.

Comment

ok Materia, Avonna's Advisor, just got bumped up in importance to overall plot.

So we have the three instances of Aion:
              the original Aion during Prism,
              First Revival known as Revere,
              and Second Revival known as Astraeus.

Revere has most of the memories of the original and is closer in behavior. He was found by Materia who advises him to help her help the Commonwealth overthrow the Republic because she wants Avonna to take power. Meanwhile Astraeus is an alteration to the original Aion due to Tina's view of him. He does not have memories of his former self and is caught up in the events after a "trial by fire" on survival in Chronorift. He gets dragged into the war and finds himself fighting for Avonna to stop the Nihiliod threat. The irony of the situation is both Aion's are fighting two aspects of the same cause yet they don't see eye to eye.

Revere takes on a more "brutal" approach to things in order to make the most of the Commonwealth forces which are more general thugs than an efficient military.

Astraeus takes on a more "rogue" approach due to the fact he's on the inside trying to bring out the truth.

So Revere is closer to being a Noble that turned into a ruthless military leader while Astraeus went from surviving the wild to a renegade pilot that's digging deeper into the Venturian Republic.

And Materia is working with both very carefully not to raise suspicions.

So with that in mind I now have a new pairing that could point towards a possible Ignis: Revere x Materia.
              problem with that is if Ignis inherits her mother's figure she ain't fooling anybody that she's a guy.

Thus I'm left with these options:

Revere x Materia
              Pros: They have a lot in common and stick around each other long enough.
              Cons: Ignis can't have big boobs inherit the dominant traits of Vatian women.

Revere x Achlys
              Pros: Revere could be around when Achlys is still alive.
              Cons: Achlys might not be alive long enough to have a child.

Astraeus x Achlys
              Pros: This would make sense on alot of levels, especially Ignis's mastery of Gaia and Aura Energy.
              Cons: Achlys would kinda be a...uh... Demonarc Arachnae. It just wouldn't work unless she gets turned back.

Astraeus x Selene
              Pros: Would explain Ignis's ability to be a better "Master of Time" since she would inherit Selene's Chronal Perception.
              Cons: There is absolutely no reason why these two would hook up.

Astraeus x Kiara
              Pros: They are practically fighting alongside each other for most of the time they know each other. These two have more time to get to know each other than any other.
              Cons: Ignis as a Nymph. Plus I really don't see Astraeus being able to survive Kiara's attempts to conceive 4 "Seasonal Nymphs" in addition to Ignis. Yeah don't let the cute innocent nymph look fool ya.

Astraeus x Starla
              Pros: Similar to Kiara
              Cons: Same as Revere x Materia. Plus saving Starla for Joe anyway.

...so uh... yeah I need help explaining one of these so it works.
              The most flexible is Astraeus x Selene... but it's also the hardest to explain unless I have Selene be a really good thief-type character.

Comment

@Cucoo

Hmm...

With Astraeus x Selene, can you further elaborate on why there is no reason for them to have a kid? Also, which parents do you think would be the most logical choice?
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

The reason kinda lies with the fact the others would have stronger bonds in a sense. Right now Selene is introduced just to explain Chronal Perception and doesn't play any further role so far. Too little exposure and too little significance to Astraeus atm. As I have her she's just a city girl with a peculiar ability.

She doesn't have ties to the deeper plot so it's difficult to find a place for her to make a deeper bond with Astraeus... Unlike the others.

...and I'm toying with the concept of having another Ignis that could possibly contrast the main one. So two pairings, specifically one for Astraeus and the other obviously being for Revere.
                  Might have that fine Vatian woman genetics come through with Revere and Materia after all.

Comment

Ignis would probably be best without big boobies ~~~
                    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

It's amazing how such a minor detail can break some of the concepts in place for Ignis...
                      Yeah it's best that the Ignis that I currently have in place not have anything... substantial.

I've been bouncing things around in my head and I'm settling on Astraeus x Selene as her parents, but the problem remains that currently Selene doesn't do much in the overall plot. She's doesn't seem to naturally fit in as a significant character...

...unless I go through and somehow explain that her Chronal Perception evolves into something greater. If that happens then she might get launched into a more significant role. Unfortunately she might be redundant unless what she has helps identify something. The why and how she can be more important and therefore give her greater "exposure" to Astraeus is what's in question since, currently, I only have her as introducing the concept of "Rift Genetic Alterations" and help anchor what normal life is like in the Republic's capital. She doesn't have any real use to Strix Squadron as she is.

Comment

On the side I'm starting to develop some languages for the Venturians to use.

Going by race:

Caeles: Cae'Lati
                        Prometheos: Preo'Vai
                        Arcain: Arc'Vai
                        Venturian*: Va'Lati

I might make a new thread dedicated to a dictionary and Encyclopedia since there's now the Jumpto command.

The languages so far are going to be alterations to English and Latin with varying endings and similar conventions.

Something that I'll have done is have people try to use it to see where conventions might not work for sentence building and such.

So far I'm trying to solidify some conventions on how to modify words into the languages. Currently I'm looking at converting them so that it has different ending sounds, like ati.

For instance: Run converts to Ruati.
                        In addition I intend on adding conventions for suffixes and prefixes to alter meaning and squeeze in shorter words.
                        I.E. Ruati'ca could be "You Run" and Ruati'mi could be "I Run"

Comment

Ok change of plans... Or well a return to a previous plan... Just going to write Mirror Sea and generate words as I need them. Also delving more into the differences in the "three Aions" since I'm doing that.

I'll drop passages that I want opinions on from time to time. But for now I'm saying screw it and just going for it.

Comment

Thought I'd drop this here for opinions. This is the first serious attempt in constructing EG into a full fledged story. oh and Chapter 1 isn't done.

Mirror Sea

Spoiler:

Prologue

Here’s what I do know:
                            I’m in the middle of nowhere. Grass fields to my right and lush evergreen forests to my left. I woke up next to a pond lying underneath this rocky overhang. I know that my name is Aion and that I am extremely hungry. Unfortunately, something tells me that finding food is going to be the least of my worries, especially as I watch a tree grow, bloom, die, and then disintegrate to dust in a matter of seconds. No, locating food is the least of my worries.

Chapter 1

Dua might be known to the humans as New Earth but there are still parts of it that shall forever remain Venturian in nature. The Mirror Sea is one such part. Bounded by a chasm and riddled with Gaia Radiation, it is impossible to study what really happens over the perfectly still waters. Flying over it is impossible. Those that enter by ship have never returned.
                            – Vatian Publication on the Mysteries of Helios System

Reference Year 109,150
                            There is a saying that many use when they are told an incredulous story: I’ll believe it when I see it. Aion knew the phrase, and the other day he might have said that to anyone that told him there existed a place where things lived and died in the blink of an eye, where some things remained stationary and forever immortalized, where time was in utter chaos. He was in that place, and he still couldn’t believe it. He sat pondering the fantastical landscape that surrounded him, wondering why he was there and how he was going to survive. As far as he was concerned, there were no other beings in this realm that he could seek refuge with or gain some insight as to where he was. He was on his own.
                            “Alright, where to first?” Aion glanced from the vast forest to the great plains, mulling over which of the two terrains would help him survive. The forest was enticing but the unseen dangers within made him wary. The plains offered visibility. Too much visibility. He looked back to the forest and something deep within him told him that it was the safer alternative. Places to hide and find food. Sure, other beings might be hiding in wait for a meal, but two can play at that game and I know how to play it. He wasted no time in getting up and starting the hike into the unknown.
                            The forest was dense and dimly lit by glowing mushrooms giving it a mystical atmosphere. Navigating the forest floor was tough, no thanks to the bulging roots of the massive trees. Aion grumbled something he vaguely recalled as being an expression of frustration. “Fricten ruivics.” The roots, or ruivics, didn’t care what he had to say. He chose this path. I can manage. I’ve dealt with worse. Did he? Aion felt that it was an odd thought. He just woke up with no memory of his past, yet somehow his subconscious fed him clues to what it was. That bothered him slightly. Knowing but not knowing. He was in the wild where there could be life-or-death situations and now uncertainty ate away at him. I have to rely on instinct. Don’t think about it, just act.
                            That realization came right as a cliff suddenly formed in front of him. The scouring action of the river he came to had been accelerated to form a canyon about twenty meters wide. That’s what I get for cursing out nature. Aion gazed down into the chasm cautiously as he rubbed his left temple as if hoping that it would accelerate his memory recall. Instead of another glimpse into his past, he saw something that piqued his curiosity. Moving his head from side-to-side, Aion noted that it was as if he was viewing the canyon through a crystal. Chronorift. The word rang through his mind like an alarm. He didn’t know what it meant but he understood clearly the dread he felt at the recollection. It was something his past-self had once said to avoid, and that was enough for him to think better of trying to enter the area.
                            “Chronorift… are you the phenomena I just saw or- ” Aion stopped as if the mushrooms were now a novelty to behold. But it wasn’t the fungus that had caught his eye. No, it was this place. He looked around him slowly, perceiving things that he didn’t a moment ago. He understood what was happening around him. Chronorift isn’t a phenomenon. It’s a place. It’s this place. This is Chronorift. And I’m trapped in it. The dread he felt now solidified in him. He was in the last place he ever wanted to be. Aion hastened his pace through the forest as escape now became his priority. Where he was heading didn’t matter; all he could think about was to get anywhere that might be safer. Instinct now took the reins while Aion sprinted through the twisted forest. His panicked rush came to an abrupt halt as he burst out of the woods into a clearing. At first he thought he had gone full circle and made it back to the plains. The trees that blocked his view of the horizon told him otherwise.
                            Dominating the center of the clearing was a strange structure that reminded Aion of a lighthouse. If there’s something like this here, then that means there could be life. Had he been anywhere else, that thought would have worried him. He sought out the entrance of the lighthouse, a simple hinged wooden door, watching for any signs that could confirm if anyone else was here. Seeing that the door was wide open, Aion grimaced. Either there was someone living here, or they showed up just before me. He walked in with caution.
                            The interior of the Lighthouse was defined by warm earth tones in contrast with its cold stony exterior. Wooden furnishings filed along the wall of the main room, from bookcases lined with weathered books to open chests loaded to the brim with trinkets. Ever wary, Aion kept an eye out for any part of the building that could be used as a hiding place. After sweeping the second floor and finding no one hidden in the main part of the building, he relaxed and began looking at what supplies he could find. Starting in the master bedroom, he took a look in a wardrobe to see if there was anything warmer than his thin tunic and pants.
                            “Too flashy… too bulky… too restricting… too- Deivag. What is that?!” Aion stared at the gaudy outfit that simply was lacking in coverage. “What man in their right mind would wear this?” He dropped the eyesore of clothing with no ceremony. Next in the wardrobe was a jacket vest which he was about to skip over, but what he felt in it made him double-back. Pulling out the silver jacket, Aion noticed that it was heavier than it should be. The flexible cloth had a layer of ballistic gel and chain mail embedded within. Stylish and functional. Well, I could live with that. To his surprise, the vest fit comfortably and didn’t even feel like armor. He continued digging through the wardrobe, finding a pair of black pants with pouches attached to the belt. Then he came across a dark-green, red-detailed body suit with a control unit attached at the lower back. He flipped a switch on the unit and he found that the inside of the suit quickly became cooler. Climate controlled suit? Well that will be useful. Now if only there were some weapons here. Aion changed into the suit, vest, and pants before beginning to search the rest of the lighthouse.

Comment

>that moment when I think that I figured out that the best explanation of where the Unknown is is actually in the GAIA Computer but not really certain how to explain it even though it would make alot of sense if it could be. If that even made sense.

Comment

@Cucoo

Could you try explaining it?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X