X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Touhous had Pokemon Teams

This is a little something I've been working on at work (instead of, you know, working.)
    I didn't want to just have them sitting in my Hard Drive for eternity, so I decided to share. ^_^

Pokémon and Moves are picked to match each of the Touhou girls' personalities and abilities.
    Each one definitely has a reason to be there, but if you think of one that you believe is better suited to them, feel free to voice that.

I also tried to scale the 'mons as closely to each character as I could so yes, Electrode really are that huge (compared to a 160cm Marisa.)
    (Reimu was set at 158cm.)

This is a Google Doc that I'll keep updating as suggestions for each character are made.
    Touhou Pokémon Teams

Hope y'all find this interesting in some way.

UPDATE 5: Added Mokou and Flandre teams.
    Last edited by MegaMooseJam; 05-30-2013, 03:44 PM.

Cirno is froslass while Letty is glalie.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Hahaha.
      I'm not too sure about that one. Letty is a bit more feminine than Cirno (if you know what I mean)
      and the fact that she's limited to winter coincides with the relative rarity of Froslass to Glalie.
      Also Froslass and Letty are both Yuki-onna. ^.^

Plus Cirno's all about the power, so I think she'd prefer the stronger (looking) Glalie.

(Hope that didn't sound like I was just shooting you down to be mean.
      I really did appreciate the suggestion, which is why I put some more thought into it.)

Comment

Update: Patchouli is Porygon because elements. Remilia is Crobat because bats.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Patchouli was actually giving me a bit of trouble.
          I liked the idea of Solrock and Lunatone to match her Sun and Moon signs, but getting the other elements into a single Pokémon was tricky.
          Porygon works wonders. Its line has Tri-Attack which checks off three elements at once. Genius!

Aww.
          Remilia must be quite a loving trainer to be able to evolve her Golbat. ^.^

Now another problem arises:
          I don't have a good portrait of either of them to use for the Team Picture dilly.
          If you know where I can find clean, full-body portraits of the characters that'd help immensely.
          They ain't gotta be ZUN art, but a consistent style would be good, since I'd like all of the Pictures to have the same flow.
          (I can change out Reimu and Mari's portraits to whatever the new artist may be if necessary.) ^_^

Comment

There's always portraits from SWR/Hisoutensoku. Even if the characters weren't in those games, you can find that the same artist (maybe) drew similar portrait design for other characters. (WRIGGLE COULD'VE MADE IT TO HISOU BUT NOOOO)

Update:
            [Youmu]Only Pokemon I can think of at the top of my head is either Haxorus or Scyther. Maybe even Excadrill.
            [Wriggle]Isn't it obvious? Butterfree.
            [Mystia]Again, obvious. Pidgeot or Staraptor.
            [Keine]A bit more difficulto. I would actually think that Metagross is appropriate here, and swap out Metagross for Weavile from Marisa for added "thief" image
            [Sakuya]Maids! Knee-socks! Skarmory!
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Either Rayquaza, Serperior, or Seviper for Kanako, of course. Seismitoad and Regigigas (Regi for the whole moving continents thing) for Suwako. Genesect, Klink, and Magnezone for Nitori. Spiritomb for Parsee, Sunflora for Yuuka. Maybe Claydol for Satori. I have more ideas, but I'm short on time, so i'll leave these here for now.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Paru paru paru paru paru paru paru paru-
                Nidoking/queen for Yuugi. Definitely.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

That's Alphes, right? I'll check them out, but I believe those portraits only show the torso.

Marisa's Metagross is pretty much stuck. I think it perfectly exemplifies Mari's "power before tactics" mentality,
                  and is one of the very few Pokémon that can learn Meteor Mash (AND Flash Cannon), which goes with Marisa's spell cards. (Stardust Reverie and Master Spark.)
                  I did want a "thiefier" Pokémon for her but kinda settled with giving Mismagius the Shadow Sneak move.

Youmu I've sorta got put together. And yes, Scyther is one of them. ^.^
                  Also included are Cherrim, which may suit Yuyuko a bit better, but I feel it works with Hakugyokurou's spring theme and her role as a gardener;
                  and Lucario, which is there as a representation of loyalty, and discipline.

Wriggle Nightbug! There are so many bugs to pick from. I think Illumise and Volbeat would also be good, seeing as they're both fireflies

Mystia needs all of the birds! She's a sparrow so I think Fearow (or the weaker Spearow since she is pretty low-level) would be good too.

I don't really see metagross working for Keine. She has cow horns when transformed so maybe Taurus or Bouffalant?
                  There should be a good Were-type Pokémon for her as well. Or something to do with history...(Xatu?)
                  I don't know much about her, so she'll take some researching!

Knee-socks, the ultimate Pokémon! Skarmory is definitely on the list for Sakuya.
                  There's also Celebi's time travelling ability, but that's a little different than time stopping, huh?
                  Hmm... Maybe Klinklang for her stopwatch?

Thinking of three suitable ones for each character gets just a bit difficult sometimes.
                  You're suggestions are helping, so thanks! ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by Mima View Post
                    Either Rayquaza, Serperior, or Seviper for Kanako, of course. Seismitoad and Regigigas (Regi for the whole moving continents thing) for Suwako. Genesect, Klink, and Magnezone for Nitori. Spiritomb for Parsee, Sunflora for Yuuka. Maybe Claydol for Satori. I have more ideas, but I'm short on time, so i'll leave these here for now.
                    Rayquaza is a definite for Kanako. However isn't the whole snake-thing (Mishaguji) more Suwako's thing?

Seviper, Seismitoad (possibly Politoad) and Regigas sounds good for Suwako to me. ^.^

I was thinking Magnezone would be more Nue than Nitori since it's a UFO.

I'm a bit confused on the choice of Claydol for Satori. Is she related to Arahabaki in any way?
                    (Research time!)

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                      Paru paru paru paru paru paru paru paru-
                      Nidoking/queen for Yuugi. Definitely.
                      Definitely.
                      I didn't think I'd get so many good suggestions so quickly. ^.^

Comment

The eyes, the eyes.
                        [Updates for the old ones] {Ooh make Yukari one too}
                        Please excuse Yukari gapping into my posts.
                        [Yuuka]You should add Roserade and Victreebel to complete her set. Matches her as flower master, and it also complements each other well: Victreebel for tanking and Roserade for sweeping.

[New ideas]
                        [Kogasa]Marowak for SURPRISE!
                        [Nazrin]Rattata. WHAT ELSE
                        [Iku]Thunder... thunder... thunder... PIKACHU, I CHOOSE YOU!

[Comment]
                        It's cuz it's pokemon.
                        {Oh I heard about Pokemon. It's like outside world's danmaku battle-}
                        (No it's not.)
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Did a bit of looking up:
                          Claydol, being born of an ancient civilization, does fit Satori fairly well.

Yuuka may be complete with that. ^.^

Kogasa's Marowak... is that a reference to the Ghost Marowak in Pokémon Tower?

Something good at finding for Nazrin, maybe? It'd be pretty mean to give her a team of Rattata. ^o^

Don't forget the fever! Also Milotic is based on an Oarfish.

Yukari, you definitely deserve something "gappy" and OP.
                          How about a Giratina to start with?

Comment

{YESH I LUV IT ^w^}
                            (Again, do excuse Yukari gapping into my post. Idk why she chose me, and not the others.)

Yes, Ghost Marowak in the tower. Freaked me out when I played that game.
                            If you don't want to give Nazrin too many Rattata, Zigzagoon is open (huehuehuehuehue)

Uh, how about Relicanth for Murasa? Since Relicanth is deep in the ocean, and Murasa is, well, sink (glub)
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Hm.. there are many suggestions, so let me add this little image
                              Cross-Over.full.585783.jpg
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X