• Show
Clear All

Spoiler:

Name: Admiral Wriggle

Timezone: ʇsd

Character: Kongou

Origin: Kantai Collection

Powers:

Kongou is the epitome of fast battleship: with enough speed to zip around the battle while packing enough firepower to make a dent on the enemy ship.

Weapons:

These weapons are what's actually given to base Kongou Kai Ni.

Spoiler: 41cm Twin Gun Mount

"The first purely domestically produced battleship gun was developed at Kure Naval Yard Gunnery Division. Calibered at 41cm, which slightly exceeds 16in (40.6cm), it was the largest battleship gun until Yamato-class' 46cm gun. Nagato and Mutsu, being equipped with this gun, were well-known nationally as members of World's Big Seven."

Developed for the IJN's first 'Eight-Eight Fleet Program' in 1910, in which Japan initially intended to build eight battleships and eight armored cruisers. The Washington Naval Treaty of 1922 scrapped the various plans for other ships to carry this gun, leaving the Nagato-class as the sole class.

Spoiler:

Spoiler: Type 21 Air RADAR

The Type 22 radar was one of the first radars to be used aboard warships. Primarily tasked as for air search, it can also be used for surface search. While this can be used in conjunction with the Type 13, the Type 21 is basically used aboard larger warships.

Spoiler:

Spoiler: Type 22 Surface RADAR

The Type 22 Surface Radar was first used in the fighting. It first had teething problems but an improved version became available, gradually increasing its effectiveness. While mostly used as a search radar, it had limited use as a fire control system for ships.

Spoiler:

Weaknesses:

Kongou is a manifestation of a real Japanese Kongou warship. Therefore, while she can glide on water and output huge firepower, her guns and radars are inactive when she is on land, turning her into an ordinary girl who loves tea and has burning love for her admiral.

Appearance:

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Kongou is energetic and almost hyperactive. She runs about, spouting random things. Even though she is a Japanese warship, she was made in Britain, and thus she can speak English and Japanese fairly well. She is a tea maniac, somehow conjuring tea, table, and snacks in the middle of nowhere.

Biography:
    Spoiler:

The fleet was fighting a losing battle. The abyssal ships were closing on their formation, swarming them like bees. The most optimal choice was to retreat, but a strait behind them made it hard for the ships to retreat by the time the abyssals were in firing range.

"Shit!" Kongou, the flagship, grimaced as she analyzed the situation. It was not good: 3 of the fleet's ships were heavily damage and in need of repair. Their fuel was running low, and ammo even lower. Engaging the enemy at this situation would deplete the ammo reserve on every ship of the fleet, if they would even last for that long. There was enough fuel to make it back to the headquarters safely, but not enough to reach the destination they were originally planning on going.

"Kongou-onee-san! We have to find a way to retreat!" Haruna, the third ship of the fleet, commented as she slid next to the flagship sister. Her sleeves were in tatters, and so was the front of her shirt, revealing a sarashi across her chest. Smoke bellowed out of her twin gun mount as it was busted and malfunctioning. "I detected an elite Ru-class battleship and two elite Wo-class standard carriers! At our ammo reserve, we'll be annihilated!"

"I know, Haruna!" Kongou nodded, dismissing her younger sister ship's concern. She was truly in a bad position. Go forward, and meet a grisly end by the Abyssals. Retreat, and leave one or two ships behind to be sacrificed to the Abyssals. Either choice was not a good idea at all, and Kongou's time was running out. Kongou shut her eyes tight, unable to come to a decision on what to do...

Kongou opened her eyes and looked at her fleet. Other than herself and Haruna, the four other ships were Destroyers: light, fast ships that primarily used oxygen torpedoes to sink the enemy ships. These ships were smaller than the battleships and were generally faster too, so they will not have any trouble crossing the strait and run away. Haruna would take longer time, but she would fit as well. The only problem was buying enough time for the fleet to escape.

But what if Kongou herself bought the time for the rest of her fleet to retreat?

"Destroyers! Retreat beyond the strait! Haruna, stay here and distract the Abyssals as much as possible." Kongou ordered, and the Destroyers crossed the straits in a single-file line. Haruna used Type 3 Shells to take down the aircrafts sent out by the Standard Carriers, and Kongou used her twin gun mount to hinder the Ru-class battleship's movement. The two bought enough time for the last of the destroyer to completely retreat. Then...

"Haruna, go." Kongou said.

"What?" Haruna asked in disbelief. "I'm not leaving without you, sister!"

"Just go, Haruna!" Kongou shouted, a tear dropping from her eyes. "It's an order."

Haruna knew what Kongou had in mind. Tear fell uncontrollably from her eyes as she gave Kongou a last goodbye hug, and sped towards the rest of the fleet while Kongou turned her back against the strait, facing the Abyssals who were close enough to fire their cannons at Kongou.

"May your fortunes hold... Haruna." Kongou prayed, her eyes closed as the Abyssals focused their entire firepower at Kongou. As she sunk, her clothes and equipment completely destroyed, she reached her hand out to the sky and fell into the great depths beyond...

Or so she thought.

Kongou opened her eyes to find that her clothes were anew. She was laying on some unknown, gravelly shore, with some Western-looking men and women looking at her with strange but fascinating eyes. She immediately recognized where she was, by the way the people spoke, by the way they looked, and by pure instinct...

She was in Spain.

Kongou have only heard of Spain as a rumor from the crew member, of how they too joined the Axis power under the rule of General Franco only to be crushed by the Allied. She've heard of the bullfighting, and the Spaniards' passionate dances, and their food. Kongou had passing desire to visit the wonderful country, but the circumstances did not allow her to take a vacation.

But now she was here.

Kongou asked the people if she was indeed in Spain. However, Kongou did not speak Spanish, and the Spaniards did not speak English nor Japanese. However, a nice farmer's family took her in to give her shelter until she found a way to sustain a life in the world. However, all Kongou knew was how to be a ship and how to blow up Abyssals. She did not know how to plow the field, sew, or raise cattle. Farming wasn't right for her: it was too boring anyway. To find a meaning in her visit in Spain, Kongou used whatever fuel she had left to take off to a larger city, bidding farewell to the nice farming household that took her in.

In a few hours, Kongou would arrive at Barcelona.

Traumas:
    - She dreads drowning even though she is a ship. This is not because she's scared of drowning itself; she's afraid she'll never get to see her admiral anymore once she sinks.

Notes:

sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

KONGOU!!!

I don't see much wrong with that app Wriggle. I say accepted.

Comment

@Wriggle

Oh boy, I really should have seen this coming. XD

Accepted.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Accepted Wriggle!

Kongou ~<3

Also if ANYONE says that "Kongou can't be in the RP because she is from an anime", I'm just declaring that Kantai Collection, where Kongou is from. Originally started as a game in 2013. The anime didn't come to be until January of this year.

Comment

I got to ask, what is the game she comes from?
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Uh..... Kristy, look at the app again and look at Origin.
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Ok, I just found it odd that I only saw anime in the app
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The thing is Kantai Collection is a card game. There's no real portrayal how the Ship Girls would work aside from the anime.

P.S. I'm making an educated guess because I've never really delved into either.

...makes me wonder how the carriers work for aircraft...

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                    The thing is Kantai Collection is a card game. There's no real portrayal how the Ship Girls would work aside from the anime.

P.S. I'm making an educated guess because I've never really delved into either.

...makes me wonder how the carriers work for aircraft...

Pregnancy?

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

[OOC Board] - All the World's a Game - Season II

better yet: how do they land?

Comment

@Mima and Cucoo

D:
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

@Kristia

It's because even with the amount of personality you can get from her from the game (which came first before the anime), the anime is used as a bit of a reference of her personality.

Also the image Wriggle used for Kongou is her in-game image.

Thing is with how there is only one game, and an anime that goes along with the game and the game came first. Things like some of the quirkier things of Kongou (like her Tea Time) and stuff can be used as her personality in the anime is how it is in the game. Which came first. Wriggle is only using the anime as a reference for Kongou's personality really. Everything else (except maybe the bio which looks to be improvised from the game) is from the game.
                          Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-26-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

@s1
                            Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

@Cucoo

NOOOOOOO!!!11!

Trust me man, when you see what I've seen on the internet, it.. changes what you think is possible/impossible. You don't want to know. XD

@Kristia and SUSTIC

I think it's alright that Wriggle used the "expanded Canon" to flesh out Kongou. That's kind of what I did for John too. There's only so much that the games show about a character, so sometimes it helps to delve into books, shows, and other miscellaneous media to gather more info on the character. Think of it like Touhou. Much of what we know about the characters is usually fleshed out by fanon. The games provide the framework to build on. These outside sources are what make the character more unique.
                              sigpic

Comment

I find it ok guys, I was just asking

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X