X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we end up killing the time traveler, I suggest we do it in Henir´s time and Space, whether it is in the Silent Hill challenge or with Masterchief´s warzone challenge.

SUS basically gave me and my characters another shortcut to deal with the Digimon´s work by putting both the Chief and the Froslass in Glaive´s World, so the Godsbane dagger given to John can be used and be done with it.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

So it doesn't seem like anything is happening with Jubei or Dust so.........
      Y'all give a shit if I lift them out of wherever they are until I plan on what I want to do with them?
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

As Serene said before, there is no trouble with Dust in my opinion case
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kilel

For Jubei, I was actually going to help him out of his current location by having Isaac scoop him up and getting out of the city before it's burned to cinders to kill off the remaining undead. Basically, the city is as good as lost.

That might help you get him out of his current location.

As for Jack, he was kind of supposed to be an antagonistic force against the characters, primarily Takoizu. To be honest, I would control him myself, but I am not that great at self interaction. I could try to control him, but I'm not sure about what result I would get.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

I was actually going to fold Dust and Jubei into Crazy Hazzy's Zany Quest for Epic Lulz, so I don't know.... still trying to figure out who to troll next.
            Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
            "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
              you did it well before I even took my extended leave of the server
              Then you must've clouded you memory somehow then. Anyway, if you would like to continue this discussion, lets do it somewhere else.

My apologies to everyone else in this thread for this derailment, but defending against false or skewed information is kind of a requirement.

Comment

@S121, I have been reading Jack´s interactions with the other characters and this is what I got (mostly negative stuff though)

He is arrogant and emotional when it comes to being targeted in discussions, prideful of his father and extreme jealousy/grudge against Takizou for not being able to do what he was created for. There is a strong stubbornness and narrow minded thinking when it comes to facing the situation. Easily fooled if making a good distraction.

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

For the most part. I think that describes most of it. As for his mentality, he believes that things are the way they were always supposed to turn out, that messing with time is messing with the balance of the universe. How I see it, Jack is also possibly trying to keep the timeline the same so that he can continue his purpose, which is eventually killing Future Otori and succeeding him. As for his jealousy, it might also be because Jack was programmed to fight Takoizu. Otori apparantly wanted to see who was worthy of killing him and either taking over or killing the Neo-Yakuza, so he programmed Jack to fight her.

Spoiler:
                  "It was then that I used the money our family prospered to refound Neo-Yakuza. But then... If I were to become as evil as my father... I wanted my descendant to stop me... To carry on the will of the Inozukas. But the only person I ever loved was Shikieiki Yamaxanadu... And she's dead now. I have no one to carry out my -- our legacy... So my plans... Create my child using the last Horizon system... I took Shikieiki's ribbon. Turned it into code because that is how she was made: with the ribbon. Then, I surpassed my father by taking my blood -- my DNA -- and turned it into code. I used that to create my new son... He's already almost done. My plans are complete. And it is in his code... To eliminate me when the time is right. However, I knew that you had an equal chance of doing it yourself. So it is also in his code... To fight you. To see who is worthy. To see once and for all whether the Inozukas will continue... Or end at a character's hands. There was nothing that could be done to stop that day from coming... Just as there was no way to stop that bomb... The one that took her away from me..."

It seems that Jack is also a way for Future Otori to hold on to Shikieiki after she died. He was not created just to succeed Otori, but also to somehow curb Otori's grief.

Spoiler:
                  Takoizu was silent for a moment and absorbed everything Otori said. Otori said that he created the son to kill him one day, but it was clear to Takoizu that Otori was lying to himself. He missed not only all the Characters he was friends with, he also deeply missed Shikieiki and could not let her go. Otori seemed to be on the brink of insanity, trying so desperately to hold on to the only person he loved by creating a son from her code and his blood. She didn't know why Otori wanted her to kill him. She didn't care about such things as being the leader of the Neo-Yakuza. In the end, everyone was still going to die, due to the Anti-magic Bomb. Not only that, but it seemed like he also blamed that bomb, the one that triggered this apocalyptic nightmare. With all that in mind, Takoizu spoke.

"What if I told you that I could change all that?", Takoizu asked Otori as she looked into his eyes.

"I can tell that you miss Shikieiki, and that you creating a son is more because you deeply miss her than because you want to continue your lineage. You want to at least see some part of her that is still there, still alive... Am I wrong?", Takoizu asked Otori in a calm, caring tone.
                  "... Nothing is ever simple with characters. You can see right through me. But how? How are you going to change history as it is?"
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

@S121

I understand that, but there is an issue with Jack´s plan to stop Takizou´s changing history, it has already been changed just for the fact that they both interfered with the present characters, actually, we can bring a "Back to the Future" reference with this since our present period already took another "lane" in the time highway. The future will now be different to the one where Takizou and Jack come from, but it won´t disappear, if that can be explained to the time traveler, then he could leave thinking of his task being done.

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

I figured that the future would change, but wouldn't change significantly unless a major change was forced. I do know what you mean though, "many worlds" theory and all that.

As for Jack, the only thing I can really say is that he just refuses to believe that, much like how he reacted around Takoizu. It mighty be the case, but the problem lies in what he believes in.
                      sigpic

Comment

While I don't like this idea, we can also time skip the current ark and make jack go somewhere else while we get a solution for him.

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Sustic had the idea that we might be able to put him in stasis by Glaive capturing him for a time. I might just have it that after the fight, he runs off to come up with a way to stop Takoizu.

What are your thoughts on these options?
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, it is ok in my opinion, so far we get to make a coherent reason for Glaive to stop the current fight in Silent Hill, maybe the chief and forslass can make him do that with a deal or something of that alley

Spoiler:

Comment

Actually Kristia I was going to have Glaive stop the Silent Hill challenge because

1: Technically it was Luto/Ruto who made the challenge.

2: Glaive is just getting bored with that challenge.

3: Glaive is actually now more interested in John right now (still interested in Jack, but Glaive has some interesting words for John right now and he'll want Renamon and Nera to hear as well as Jack.)

4: Glaive is a troll that way

5: Some other not as important stuff.

So don't worry. That much is gonna be covered.

Just need S121 to post.

Comment

@Kristia

Just a heads up on your last Vala post, the armor would not be too heavy for her. For her, 1,000 lbs (453.592 kg) armor would feel more like 5 lbs (2.267 kg) after she was augmented.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X