X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Ok, in my post, I stated that John used the trajectory of the blue dart to find the assassin. Is that okay with you?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@S121
      I can just imagine that, if Cole's death was going to be due to water, Takoizu would just cringe every time Cole got close to any form of water. But it would only affect Cole if it were an ocean or a large body of water that could completely discharge him. Puddles, rain, and glasses of water would not kill him.

Also this actually makes me think more about Kessler with time travel being used to prevent future events from occurring. The whole thing about Kessler's backstory was to go to the past and change Cole's life around so that the world wouldn't be like it is in the future. This included killing Cole's girlfriend who was actually supposed to marry Cole in the future. Of course, due to the nature of Kessler's plans and what happened by the end of inFamous, a massive time paradox should have occurred but the writers for the story completely forgot about every time-travel based fiction in the world.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@ S121

Wait, John grabbed the Monado?

...Oh he's in for a world of pain...

Note Dunban

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, you could argue that John's armor and shields grabbed the Monado.
          Last edited by S121; 12-23-2013, 12:13 PM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

The Monado kind of has a mind of its own. It won't matter really...

And this is the Monado III, it can cut people...

EDIT: The way this works is the Monado surges the user with Ether Energy. Not enough to kill the user, but enough to control them.
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well that's not so bad.

If that's the extent of the Monado's fight, then John would easily be able to fight it with his raw strength and weight, and at least use it as a bludgeoning weapon.

If not, then he'll drop it.

Would the Monado affect Titanium?

@TRXD

Now that I think about it, if Cole touches water, Takoizu could easily alter the boundary of weakness/strength, possibly making it that the water would do the opposite of discharging him, powering Cole and giving him electrical energy instead. Reality warping, huh? XD
              Last edited by S121; 12-23-2013, 12:15 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Note my edit. It would cause a surge of energy that would keep going until it can cripple or control the wielder. Plus, Monado III is called Shulk's Monado. Monado I and II is what I call Zanza's Monado.

I would figure John would just drop it if It tried to harm him.

EDIT: It can cut Mechon, mechanical beings whose armor is so tough they cannot be damaged by normal weapons. Think of the Monado like a super powerful Light Sabre from Star Wars and that's it's capabilities minus the reflect shots deal.
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

@S121
                  And this is why I never approve of the usage of Yukari in a Touhou VS debate. People make Yukari's powers extremely OP. Whenever I use Yukari, I only ever consider her usage of boundaries to be only interdimensional ones (between our world and the others) and not boundaries of the numerous elements.
                  Furthermore, manipulating the strength/weakness boundary would not change how water works. Unless you were to remove the conductive properties of water and replace them with a highly impossible property of being a voltage source (don't get me started on electromagnetism here), Takoizu cannot simply change water from being one of Cole's largest adversaries to his greatest tool.
                  Last edited by Luna Pixu; 12-23-2013, 12:26 PM.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@Cucoo

I've got an interesting question.

Would the Monado's effects be lessened by the fact that John's armor is Titanium alloy? Titanium is a poor conductor to electricity, and he has multiple layers of the stuff, as well as his liquid crystal metal layer. There's also the fact that John's armor can absorb and discharge energy through his hands, as evidenced by Halo 4, when he supercharged a Ghost. Would John be able to divert the Monado's electrical energy away from himself and into the suit, overcharging his shields?

My main question is, would John's armor be able to negate, or at least lessen the impact?
                    Last edited by S121; 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Ether Energy is more like Life Force/ Spirit Energy than electrical. Sure it acts alittle bit like electrical, but it's just more spirit like.
                      it might help dampen it, but expect him to still feel it.
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok. That's understandable.

@TRXD

I was simply trying to help you out, as well as set up a possible moment where Cole is absolutely shocked by the fact that the water is actually powering him instead of killing him. -_-;

As for her abilities, they're up for debate. She can literally bypass the laws of physics with the power of boundaries. It's her plaything. I've researched boundary manipulation and reality warping. You just gotta trust me on this. -_-;;
                        sigpic

Comment

@S121
                          I'm a complete Scrooge, what do you expect?
                          And I have nothing else to say about this...

Comment

@ TRXD
                            The easiest thing to do is just accept Yukari as a plot device with powers that can be used if the plot absolutely demands it. It's like Lady Palutena...She's a freaking Goddess with powers that seem to not have a limit to their possibilities...

I've glanced over Yukari's abilities and that is the best way to look at it.

Comment

@TRXD

You just gotta trust me on this.

As stated in Yukari's profile in Perfect Momento...

The ability to manipulate boundaries is a terrifying ability capable of fundamentally undermining reality.

As you know, everything is built upon the existence of boundaries.

If there was no water surface, there could be no lake.

If there was no sky line, neither mountain nor sky could exist.

Were it not for the Great Barrier, even Gensokyo itself wouldn't exist.

If there were no boundaries, everything would probably exist as a single enormous object.

This of course is just the extreme of what it can do. Removing boundaries is the maximum of what it can do. I'm just trying to clear things up if they need it.

I would go with Cucoo's explanation. That simplifies things.
                              Last edited by S121; 12-23-2013, 12:37 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

@ S1
                                Hey. Are ya ready to begin or do ya need some sleep?

Comment

Working...
                                X