X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But she'll also have to watch for Jack, for he'll do anything to prevent a time paradox. He might even threaten her with causing a time paradox himself, somewhat altering Takoizu's being.

Just throwing thi out... if Takoizu talked with Otori earlier, Jack might not even exist. But you probably shouldn't address that in the rp. Might cause a lack of action around some corners.

Comment

@Wonder

If he did that, then she might actually try to hunt him down and kill him. 0_0;

At the very least, she would wrestle his time traveling device away from him and try to destroy it.

It might make for an interesting confrontation.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

I almost forgot to address the time travel thingy majiggy.

See, the thing has four uses. He used two already. as far as the field goes, he'd swoop in (using one use) kill her, and take off )using a second use, leaving him with no way to go back. He would find a powerful energy source to recharge it and go back.

Thing about Jack is that he's intelligent. But that doesn't quite mean he's mentally perfect. He's a little loose as far as the most basic forms of common sense. What I'm saying is that in exchange for his prime in comlex common sense and academics, he can't comprehend very basic actions without over thinking them. A flaw Otori forgot to perfect, but who the hell cares, he's basically Frank Jaegar's other.

Comment

@ S121

inb4 the fact Lucina fought with them, thus making her exactly like Takoizu in that regard. Of course Lucina wanted to prevent very specific events from happening and she did so within her power. (she's only a swordswoman and a princess.) BUT even though she stopped one specific event (example: Emmeryn's assassination) something happened that made her change to the timeline all but in vain. (Emmeryn's execution/sacrifice). Point is, Takoizu might change something...but will she trigger a different set of events that makes it all in vain that even she couldn't account for?

Comment

I think I may have done it. After hours of gathering ideas and mass typing, I am ready to post my new RP (Yes, I am making an RP of my own). I couldn't think of a new name so I'm calling it Touhou Noire.
            I'm looking over it for any missing details and typos and then I shall post it.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

RP General Discussion

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
              Jack and Tak

Let's just say that if AtWaG were to become a game, this particular mission would be timed.
              Funny thing, that. I was thinking about the RP one day and I was going through some equations and percentages that would determine if and when a player would encounter another character or come across a random event. For example, a player would enter a room and find something or someone of interest, or nothing at all. It'll be like rolling a dice in an RPG to see what you get. You could find a useful weapon that has no ammo or a dangerous enemy who decides to help you out just this once.

Also, who is this 'Jack'? Is it Jak from Jak and Daxter, Handsome Jack, Raiden from MGS, or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Major Mario; 12-30-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

@ Major

Jack and "Tak" -> Takoizu are both "Children from the future" which you could blame me getting the idea from Fire Emblem Awakening and the fact that S121 and Wriggs had John marry Yukari.

Jack is the product of one of Wonder's OCs and Shikieiki's DNA/Code whereas Takoizu is a natural born daughter of John x Yukari.

@ TRXD

...and I shall say more once I see what you have.

Comment

We're fucking bizarre.

Comment

It is up. I'm not sure on how well this would go down or not. Right now, I just want to relax for a bit after all the typing and work.

EDIT: I have discussed this earlier on this thread along with other places so it shouldn't be a big surprise or anything.
                    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 12-30-2013, 08:37 PM.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

What updates are required?
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

Well then we'll have to see how everything plays out in the RP. There's no guarantee that everything will be all fine and dandy, but the exact same thing could be said about the other way. There is also no guarantee that it will all be in vain. Just because a certain outcome happened in one game's time traveling scenario, doesn't mean that it will happen again in this RP. Time doesn't have some kind of cosmic entity that tries to correct prevented deaths by killing them in different ways, it just exists. To be honest, there are so many hypotheticals and theories when it comes to time travel, that things can get somewhat complicated when you try to figure out the outcome.

As for Takoizu, I could just say that she practiced and experimented with time travel's consequences by altering smaller, less important parts of it, slowly perfecting the process, as well as figuring out the best way to go about things.

In short, just because it happened in the game, doesn't mean the same will happen in the RP. Each Character plays an important role that will ultimately decide the outcome of the ACO Arc, not a set of predetermined points in time. Takoizu is simply here to facilitate their success, their victory. Simply her being there and telling them about herself could be all the warning they need to be extra cautious in the upcoming Arc and survive.

She completely changes the equation by adding in an extra variable, giving us entirely different results.

@Wriggle

Ran and Patchy from my side.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

@ S121

No that's not what I was aiming for.

I was saying that she does one thing, but something happens that she couldn't predict. Even Doctor Who had this.
                          He got his proper result but something happened that was unfavorable.
                          Xenoblade: Shulk had a vision and saved Melia, but the Emperor (Melia's Father) still died
                          Fire Emblem Awakening: Emmeryn still died but Chrom lived without the wound.
                          Zelda OoT: Link Plays the Song of Storms in the past, learns it in the future repeats and drives the windmill man insane. ...not like we care...

These are the first things I can think of with time travel.

There will be sacrifices. whether they be the ones thought to be saved or others that you wouldn't even think related.

Comment

Whaddaya mean Patche? I don't think they specifically asked her anything.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

So I guess you are talking about fate?
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

@Cucoo

I know where you were going with this, but what I'm saying is that it wouldn't be possible without staging every single part in the RP. This RP doesn't follow the logic of those games because it has so many writers with so many perspectives. The only way that would be remotely possible would be if we ALL aligned our perspectives and planned out the entire arc, but that would take out all the fun of RPing. Not every time traveling story has the same consequences.

You're saying that there would be some things she couldn't predict, and that is true in some aspects, but with the most important parts, she has them all covered. Remember, she can perform mental processes that we couldn't even begin to fathom. Everything we've thought of, she has already thought of and has planned on how to remedy deviations in her plans. I'll use this analogy to explain. She would be a supercomputer from today as we would be old, boxy, analog Macintosh computers. I'm talking about the ones that used floppy drives and made loud buzzing noises when they booted up. Everything we can do, she can do many, many times more precise and faster.

@Katrix

You hit the nail right on the head. What I'm talking about is altering time, but Cucoo is talking about fate. If that's the case, then Takoizu could easily get Remilia to help her.

Truth be told, not even I know the plan. I'm coming up with things as I go along because she already thought of them in advance.

It's hard to RP a character that has almost god-like amounts of intelligence, like an IQ of 5,000,000,000.
                                Last edited by S121; 12-30-2013, 11:14 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X