Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

Nighty night.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm back everyone, and goodmorning!

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Still not seeing it.

Look at Lucina again.

She changed the future

But only DELAYED an event and changed its context

Another concept is ACCELERATING an event to happen before when it was going to happen.

What I'm trying to say is there are 4 categories of "consequences" if the future is changed.

ACCELERATING
          DELAY
          PREVENT
          FAIL

Am I making sense? =w=

Comment

Hello everyone. I've been sifting through the applications for Touhou Noire. And holy heck, are there a majority of detectives? We currently 3 detectives that have been accepted and one that is in the works. I'm currently working on a few things, will make the next Cole filler post and then work on the IC intro post for TH-N.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

So 3 detectives and one spy.

*says in James Bond voice*

"The name's Kokoro, Hata no Kokoro."

Comment

Goodmorning S1. I'll be on Mumble if you want to get on later. I'm assuming that since it is the day of New Years Eve people won't be active since people might have something planned for today (I do not have anything planned today actually.)

@Cucoo

I might not be in the conversation about Lucina, but that makes sense for the most part. There is almost always going to be consequences when it comes to time traveling to the past to stop something. Either somehow the major future event is accelerated and happens earlier. Delayed, and allows people to get prepared or something else that is bad could happen.

They manage to stop the major event from happening.

Or they fail and the major future event still happens.

Comment

@Cucoo
                  3 detectives (another one is in the works), a spy, the chief of police (her role hasn't been 100% decided), and a cop that is in the works.
                  It seems rather unfair that only myself and Jacobus are the only ones that are RPing as lawbreakers. But regardless, I still like the idea of Kokoro Spy. Out of all the Touhou characters, I'm not sure who would be the best Spy. Koishi? Sakuya? Kokoro?
                  Last edited by Luna Pixu; 12-31-2013, 10:50 AM.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                  My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                  My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I always see Sakuya and Kokoro as being possible spies. But if you strip them of their clothes powers I think Kokoro would be the best cause of the way she can act and not show emotion.
                    Sakuya would work only cause knives, and if she had her powers.

Comment

@Cucoo

And now we're getting somewhere. You see, because of the way this RP works, the option with the greatest probability of happening is prevention. Sure there's the other options, but in the end, our choices will in fact give us the prevention consequence. The only way to get any of the other consequences would be if we purposely planned out every single part of the ACO Arc, but that would take all the fun away from the RP.

Because of this, I stated that Takoizu already planned for the events, simulating her being able to plan for virtually anything. To be honest, her plan will have me going "I already knew that" on numerous occasions, but that is simply because I myself don't know what's going to happen. That doesn't mean she doesn't.

Now do you see?

@SUSTIC

I don't have anything planned either.

I'll be on soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Inb4 I mention what I have planned out.

Ok, I'll be the devil since yer going to give Takoizu the favorable outcome.
                        When Takoizu kills off ACO WRAITH, prepare for Plot Twist #3
                        Codenamed: ACCELERATION.

Comment

Let's just remember that this is a RP, not a book. What would work in a book might not work here as we are multiple people working on the story.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Exactly the point I've been trying to get across. This is an RP written by many people with different ideas, not a book with a single writer. We all decide the fate of the Characters, not some plot device or literary consequences of time travel.

Not every time travel story has a tragic outcome, so we shouldn't expect it here, especially considering Takoizu's luck.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like how everyone uses that fact as a sort of scapegoat.
                              It might be an RP, but it still is a story. The only difference I see between a "book" and an RP is the fact it doesn't follow the same "structure." Be it a book or an RP thread, we're still writing a story.

And a story is boring if the characters always get what they want.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, then we wait until we come to that scenario. It will show you why it won't work. I am serious about this, there's a reason I keep saying it won't work, but you glance over the fact because you're so eager to have a tragedy. -_-;

Also, what makes you think the Characters always get what they want? I don't think Ran wanted to lose her tails. I don't think Eirin wanted to lose her arm. I don't think anyone wanted HM to be abducted. I don't think anyone wanted the Organization to get the X-blade, or for many of the Spartans in Prometheus Labs to die. You see, there are times where our Characters fail to prevent things from happening, it's just that you seem to have glanced over it. They failed because it was out of their power to stop it, but with Takoizu, she has the ability to stop it all from happening because she has more power and has put in the time and effort to make sure everyone gets out alive. If she's anything like John and Yukari, she will be very meddlesome, intelligent, cunning, and lucky.
                                Last edited by S121; 12-31-2013, 11:35 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X