X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of limb and life is the simple result of war.

You have it set up where Takoizu is going to destroy ACO and stop the end of the world because she can somehow account for everything. Plus with her powers, there's no contest, no challenge. You have it where no matter what I or anything else does or happen, she will succeed "because there is no WORSE outcome"
    You think she has nothing to lose and cannot lose by that fact.

YOU glanced over MY point of sayin DELAY OR ACCELERATE.
    There might not be a More horrific outcome, but there is still a way for her to not win.
    There is a way for her to not stop the tragedy.

Comment

@Cucoo

I suppose you could say that I'm thinking on the meta level. I'm thinking above the RP and into each RPer's decisions, then making a decision based on that. That is where my argument stems from, the possible actions of the RPers.

I know what you're saying. You're saying that there is a chance to fail, and yes, that much is true, but unless someone is willing to kill off one of their Characters, then it simply won't happen.

Ask around. If anyone wants to kill off their Charcters, then we'll integrate it into the story, but if not, then my point still stands.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@TRXD

In Ms. MaskMcGee's defense, I don't think she cemented her affiliation, only her role. She could be an actress who has ties to the mafia and spies on law enforcement, or she could be a trusted confidante who gives info to the right authorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good morning.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Major Mario
            I actually agree on that. I rather think of a spy as being a more neutral role. It's only the spy novels and films that make them seem like the good guys. For all you know, they could be working to hinder you or assist you.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

AAAAAAGH THE DECISIONS
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

@TRXD

Spies usually have an organization that they return their info to. Mercenaries, on the other hand, are soldiers of fortune. It doesn't matter what the fight is about so long as they are paid. Usually they work for the aims of their handler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Wriggle

Welcome back!
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good day humans, today and tomorrow I'll be uber busy because of New year with Rebeca on my apartment

So enjoy the day and Happy New year! ^_^
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@kRISTIA

Welcome back!

Happy New Years to you as well!
                      sigpic

Comment

@s121
                        And you jump to KILLING OFF A CHARACTER. I'm not talking kill, i'm talking fail.

Now we've gone full circle as I return to the example of Lucina and the return of Grima.
                        She succeeded but failed.

@major + trxd
                        Thats what I was thinking.
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Then what do you have in mind? What failure do you have in mind? Takoizu is trying to prevent death, mainly from the anti-magic bomb PALADIN wants to deploy. That bomb was the sole reason her world was dying. The ACO is was the sole reason everyone was dead.

If anything, she is giving the Characters a different future, one in which they don't die. That is her sole reason for being here, along with stopping the ACO, mainly PALADIN because of their extremist views.

Her mission is to stop the Characters from dying, hence why I jumped to a Character being killed off. You keep saying that she will fail, which means that she will fail in her goal to keep people from dying.

Just so we're on the same page, tell me what Takoizu's goals are, as well as your goals. I have a feeling we're not quite on the same page.

Your goals are to create drama by accelerating a particular event, or by having it happen anyway, despite the Characters' best efforts. You're tired of the Characters winning, so you're using this as a way to try and make them fail with the use of time alteration's consequences. Am I correct?
                          Last edited by S121; 12-31-2013, 03:12 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't decide... Should I take Eirin + Teruyo or Myself + Mystia for Touhou Noire?
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121

Originally posted by Takoizu's App
                              Traumas: Her future and the death of her parents, as well as the deaths of many of her "family members". Because of the ACO's involvement in it, she shows absolute hatred the ACO and will dispose of their personnel without mercy or pity.
                              I intend on exploiting this as "blinded by revenge" which I can tie in to ACO WRAITH

Let's parallel the concept of Takoizu with Lucina

Lucina stops Chrom from being killed by Robin which is to stop Grima's Return

Now let's convert this to what could happen with ACO

Takoizu destroys ACO WRAITH and prevents whatever else and is involved in other things but while she does so, she is delayed long enough that PALADIN prepares the bomb and let's say the vehicle is launched and there are multiple decoys.

NOTE THAT I DO NOT SAY THE BOMB IS DETONATED SO DON'T GO THERE.

She succeeds in stopping everything else and destroying ACO, but she doesn't prevent the bomb.

Of course I think you're going with the concept that Takoizu inherited 100% of the power from Yukari so your argument would be that she just destroys all the decoys and the bomb by gapping them away or something else with 0 effort.
                              Or something of that manner.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, now we're all on the same page. For me, I thought you meant that she would fail in her mission to keep everyone alive, while you thought Takoizu didn't have limits.

Yes, she inherited all of Yukari's boundary abilities, but she isn't quite as experienced. For instance, she hasn't quite gotten down more powerful alterations like everywhere/nowhere. If anything, she can only perform it under a short range, about 200 meters at most. If she could, then she wouldn't have to constantly check up on people.

She can also alter the boundary of existence/nonexistence, but it's not practical. It would take too much time and she has to be within close range of her target, making her susceptible to attack and interruption.

As for the decoys, she would not be able to destroy all of them, only some. That's where all the other Characters come in. At best, she can use her armor to at least provide them the locations of the other bombs, but she can not be in two places at once.

As for PALADIN learning about Takoizu and adapting their plan, I think that's where Jack comes in. Wonder was playing around with the idea that Jack would go undercover and ally himself with PALADIN, just to kill off Takoizu, maybe to get extra resources to stop her. It's very plausible that in order to keep the timeline from being changed, Jack advised PALADIN to create dummy bombs and launch them.

Also, about the blinded by revenge, yea, I was going for a little bit of that. It was going to become more evident when the Characters see her dispatch a few of the agents. We could possibly collaborate on that, or come up with rough ideas.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X