X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post
    Also another concept: I've opened by having Shulk the possibility of others obtaining a Monado of their own...
    Of course abilities differ but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Comment

@Cucoo

I think I might be mixing together alot of things in my head.
      But it's curious that a human could obtain those powers.

I guess it's like AC and Eagle vision.

She probably was just born with the ability and perhaps the watch accesses the potential?

It's a possibility. I think it might facilitate, or somehow amplifies her abilities. Of course, it might also just be an ordinary pocketwatch that she uses to keep track of time, possibly how long she's been in her time bubble. To be honest, you're guess is as good as mine when it comes to this particular topic.

Also another concept: I've opened by having Shulk the possibility of others obtaining a Monado of their own...
      Of course abilities differ but just thought I'd throw that out there.
      Hmm...

This could be interesting. How does one create a Monado? Is it a one-of-a-kind weapon, or are there variants, or some special way to make one, and if so, what abilities would be present for each particular Character?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

Talking about weapons, seen this yet?

Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

They made Falchion...
          ...that's impressive. But it's kinda interesting they didn't make it in the same shape.
          Might have been for reducing how much metal they put into it. Cause if they did the design accurate it might have been a bit heavier and not be as effective as a "cutting" sword.

plus he used the concept art template which wasn't symmetric, even though in game it was.
          Spoiler:

And this is official art with "Marth" and Chrom
          Spoiler:

(You can click the Chrom one for larger)

Because he used the Concept art pattern, you can see the imbalance in the crosstree. Also you can see the details he left out. The blade isn't as flat, and there's more bronze detailing. I wonder how much more work it would have taken to do that...

Though they still make some sexy looking swords...

Also you're gonna love what I'm about to mention with the Monado. (Cause I think It's like the Keyblades if I recall correctly...)

@ S121

Ok the Monado...in canon, there were only 3 Monados: Zanza's, Meyneth's, and Shulk's. Excluding the Replicas...
          Shulk is implied to be another god created by Zanza (even though this conflicts with another point and a few other facts.) And he obtains the "One True Monado" in his fight against Zanza.

My interpretation of the canon is this: The Monado III was born from Shulk's will to change the future. Through strength of will and spirit, the Third Monado did appear.
          My second interpretation is this: It was implied that Fiora has either A) residual from Meyneth's Monado or B) Her own power that could be considered another Monado.

Thus my third interpretation and conclusion is this: Anyone has the potential to "obtain" their own Monado if a aspect of their will and spirit is strong enough. Shulk's Monado was to change the future, Zanza's was to control existence, Meyneth's was to protect those that lived in the world, and Fiora's implied Monado was to protect Shulk and her Friends (residual of Meyneth's).

The Monado takes on that aspect's strengths and weaknesses. I'll try and figure out what would be possible. In Meyneth/Fiora's case, it wasn't even a sword shape at first.
          That's another interpretation: Dickson said that Fiora's Mechon body no longer had a Monado (implying Meyneth's which looks like a sword) but it was embodied in a small trapezoidal prism.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-01-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Looks pretty similar. Who do you think will fight the Second Keyblade war?

Both Yen Sid and Xehanort revealed that when the World was whole and full of light people desired the power of Kingdom Hearts, many creating the first Keyblades in order to obtain the means to control Kingdom Hearts: the χ-blade. However, many sides clashed over who would get the χ-blade, causing a massive war that consumed everything in darkness as the ancient weapon was shattered into twenty peices, seven of pure light and thirteen of pure darkness, and the "true" Kingdom Hearts disappeared into the darkness.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.

@Cucoo

It sounds like Takoizu's will might make one. I know a couple other Characters would have enough will to create one.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Possibly.
                It might be similar to Meyneth's Monado...

EDIT: Oh sh*t...I found the true description of what a Monado is.
                ...It's more powerful than I thought....
                Note the bold lines.

Originally posted by Someone that did their research in a wiki forum
                Look up the word "monad" (wiki link). It represents both the primal aspect of God in Gnosticism. That is, it refers to the wholeness of God himself AND it's a programming concept defining how several different functions are chained together.

Now, something that is both the prime aspect of God and a programming tool? Yeah. That's the Monado. So named because it's a monad in more ways than once. The ending does not come from nowhere at all. It's right there in the name of the sword from the very beginning of the game. A Monado is a divine tool that can both read the programming of the world and rewrite it. Resulting in visions and the ability to change otherwise predestined outcomes.

So, is it the key to the experiment? Nah, but close. It's root access to the code. The ability to change variables on the fly. When you master the Monados, you become a god within the world.

Which brings us to Alvis. He, on the other hand, IS the key to experiment. Or rather, he's both the overseer and input terminal for a Monado wielder. That's why Shulk had to go through Alvis to make the new world. Shulk had the access, but Alvis did the coding at Shulk's request.
                And Here's the wiki description.

The Monado is a powerful energy blade that can manipulate the ether around it, and with it, change the material and immaterial shape of the world. The use of the Monado depends on the will of its user; most Homs who try to use the sword cannot control it. At the beginning of the game, the Monado cannot harm any Hom from Bionis.

The Monado grants its elected wielder the power of foresight. It is said that foresight is possible because all of the ether in the world is calculable in its changes. This allows the user to see where every ether particle is, was, and will be.

The Monado emits a particular ether wavelength in its ground state that attracts Telethia. Also, the Monado can be counteracted by using opposing particles of the ones the Monado uses.

All of the seers must touch the Monado to receive their divination powers.
                EDIT 2: Basically, the Monado is the embodiment of Chaos Theory in a sense...
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-01-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

The question is, how much of it are you going to use?

If it can simply rewrite the "code" of the world, then that's more OP than Takoizu and Yukari put together. He could literally write the ACO away, any injury away, any death away, or anyone he deems a threat. It's like having the developer's console in a video game.

I know I'm going to an extreme, but it might need limits, or it really could do all that stuff.

What are your thoughts?
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey guys. I'm almost home.

I just thought of something...

What if in TH-N Sakuya used her pocket watch to hypnotize the victims into forgetting that the mafia group was ever there?

@ TRXD
                    Too many good guys? How bout this: we have Rinnouske work the black market? Maybe even in cahoots with the Scarlet Devils?

Comment

RP General Discussion

Regarding TRXD's concerns once again, I'm certain I can make Byakuren do something interesting like become the mistress of a prostitution ring or I could probably have her sitting on an illegal alcohol stockpile.

It's always the saintly ones that you have to watch out for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Wonder
                        It could work. I like it. But the thing is that, Sakuya will not be around that often. The only named member of the Scarlet Devil Mafia in TH-N that will be doing most of the work will be Meiling. Patchouli will have her own arcs but Meiling will be the most active. I might change that around and make Sakuya do the occasional job, though.
                        Rinnosuke as a black market dealer? Hmm... I like the sound of that.

@Major Mario
                        It's all fine. Like I've said before, Byakuren can stay as a detective. I think having a lunarian detective duo, a freelance detective and a detective for the police seems perfectly fine. It's more about the ratio of good guys to criminals rather than the actual numbers.

I was going to open IC today but I've been rather busy on the server. It'll be up either late tonight or tomorrow morning.
                        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@s121

That's what I was thinking, yet in game it hardly is even shown to be able to do that. I think its like Halo: game canon is nerfed. I'll stay true to game canon but we now know its true potential.
                          Who would have thought there's something more powerful than Yukari's powers in game canon (in regards to what it technically is) and I of all people find it =w=;

This is almost a cruel irony for me.

Comment

@Cucoo

True.
                            sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Aye...now I'm actually scared about even considering others can obtain a Monado. It makes even in my story with the Shards of Starlight seem minor...
                              I think I should stick strictly with the game canon...even though the description makes a whole lot of sense with Xenoblade's Story now by explaining a lot things.
                              ...What do you think?

Also did someone give any opinions on the tactician for WRAITH?

Comment

@Cucoo

It's probably best.

We were supposed to give opinions on the tactician?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X