Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ S121

Like I said, it can work fine.

That's actually what dead Aura Crystals can do so it's fine.

And right, but that's why there's the limits and constraints that are in place according to game mechanic canon.
    The game canon has the Monado being really weak offensively.
    Sure, it can cut down gods, but not in one hit without the "God Slayer" activated.

Would it be better if I Nerfed it a bit more than I already did and shorten the duration of Purge's seal to 20 seconds?
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-28-2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Nerfing it is up to you. I don't see much of a problem with the 40 second timer, just as long as he can't use it over and over and over again in a battle, at least not consecutively and right after using it before.

Now that I think about it, the only reason people haven't been calling BS on Takoizu is because of the fact that she's fighting things that are of similar power to her. She's not, as Wriggle put it in one of his posts in Season 1, "ROFLstomping" people.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Right, I'm here. Got a crap load of work to do. Record some new YouTube videos, post in TSU because Wriggle is pestering me about it, and work on my radio show script so I can go live next week. Oh boy... I think I might lose my mind by the end of this week...
        What are you guys doing?
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Absolutely nothing significant!

Comment

@TRXD

Welcome back!

I'm making a long post that I keep procrastinating on.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
              @Cucoo

Nerfing it is up to you. I don't see much of a problem with the 40 second timer, just as long as he can't use it over and over and over again in a battle, at least not consecutively and right after using it before.

Now that I think about it, the only reason people haven't been calling BS on Takoizu is because of the fact that she's fighting things that are of similar power to her. She's not, as Wriggle put it in one of his posts in Season 1, "ROFLstomping" people.
              Right, but there's where the difference between Takoizu's use of boundary manipulation and the Monado

She doesn't appear to have any sort of limit or threat to herself using it.

The Monado, has those limits

If you DID watch the video I showed earlier where Shulk and his team fight the Leone Telethia, you would realize what the limit of the Monado is.

If you watched it, it would answer a lot of questions such as how long the Monado takes to refill the Talent guage.

When you can hit the enemy, it takes less than 20 or even 10 seconds if you do it right.
              If not, it can take minutes on end.

If you watched the video you would understand perfectly what I mean.

BUT, in Xenoblade strategy, using something like Purge consecutively is fool hardy. You use Monado Purge but then the enemy uses some attack that requires Monado Shield to block.

Congratulations, you just doomed yourself.

That's the limit of the Monado.

Comment

@Cucoo

I suppose that's the problem.

How do you put a limit on something that can alter limits?

Then again, there are some boundaries that I have restricted her from using, such as existence/nonexistence, defeat/victory, and character/author (<--- for obvious reasons ), and have also limited some of her boundary abilities, such as cause/effect. Instead of outright getting her way in everything, or making anything happen, she can only tip the scales by a little bit. There's a chance that it won't even be enough.

She has the same power as Yukari, but she's not quite as experienced. After all, Takoizu's only 21-22, while Yukari is god-knows-how-old, meaning that Yukari has had many centuries to practice and refine her abilities.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                  @Cucoo

I suppose that's the problem.

How do you put a limit on something that can alter limits?

Then again, there are some boundaries that I have restricted her from using, such as existence/nonexistence, defeat/victory, and character/author (<--- for obvious reasons ), and have also limited some of her boundary abilities, such as cause/effect. Instead of outright getting her way in everything, or making anything happen, she can only tip the scales by a little bit. There's a chance that it won't even be enough.

She has the same power as Yukari, but she's not quite as experienced. After all, Takoizu's only 21-22, while Yukari is god-knows-how-old, meaning that Yukari has had many centuries to practice and refine her abilities.
                  right

and that's where the Monado and Boundary manipulation are different.

The Monado only grants the user a set of abilities that achieve their goal/resolve based upon their will to use it.

Takoizu can use anything she wants in her imagination of abilities/boundaries

Monado just has a limited number of things it can change and those changes have limits.

Comment

@Cucoo

True.

It is a little problematic when it comes to combat, but when it comes to the others' "missions", she'll stand back and let them fight, only intervening in their battles when there's an absolute certainty that the Characters will die.

This is just a test. Ignore it.

CALIBRATION COMPLETE

CALIBRATION COMPLETE
                    Last edited by S121; 01-28-2014, 02:31 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Of course, Shulk has a means to prevent characters from dying if he is present with the visions.

Again, if you watched that video, Visions trigger only on attacks that would be fatal.

Wounding attacks are fine and won't trigger it, nor would stun attacks.

You really can't use the concept of "overkill to win" with him.

Unless its execution by throwing someone off a cliff.
                      He doesn't have a means to stop that via the Monado.
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-28-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

We already established that, remember?

Of course, Shulk can't be there to save everyone. Takoizu either, but she at least has a special way to keep an eye on people without needing to be there, even pinpoint them if she doesn't know where they are. It has to do with gap crystals and them being bound to her. They're kind of like security cameras, or another set of eyes for her.

The main point I'm getting at is that Shulk isn't infallible, and neither is Takoizu.

Shulk may have visions, but he is still just a human in everything but name. He had a vision during that one cutscene where his friend died after getting stabbed by the Mechon's claws, but he was powerless to stop it, due to him being paralyzed. If he wasn't paralyzed, he may have been able to stop it. Takoizu has many more people to look after than Shulk does, and as we know, she can't be in two places at once. That being said, she has ways to keep an eye on everyone and knows how they're supposed to die, but even then, there's veriables she still has yet to account for, primarily Jack.
                        sigpic

Comment

Right. I've posted in TSU. Just need to wait and see if Wriggle is ready and available.

While I do so, I need some content for my radio show and I was wondering if you guys could make some suggestions. My radio show is one that is approximately 1 hour long that covers mostly games, anime, and otaku culture. I cover things from gaming news, some reviews, and discussion on various topics. I have most things covered but there's a 10 minute slot that I need to fill with something. It's a finale slot which I've called The Bullet Hell. But the problem is that I can't think of what to do for this slot. Completely. I don't even have a concept for this slot. Any ideas?
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

Interesting Touhou facts?

A comparison of video game physics and real-world physics?

How science fiction games are coming true? (real-life Biofoam (Halo) and Medi-gel (Mass Effect)?
                            sigpic

Comment

Is it just voice? Or is it a stream?
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Oh gods

S1

Your starting John inside The Halls of Time

hrmmmmm not what I was hoping for as my initial post was to be outside the Manor on the Isle of Spirits, where Mima is.

But if your in there...
                                ...might as well scare John out with something.
                                I gotta work on that a bit.
                                It's gonna be fun~ mwehehehehehe

Sort of Like foreshadowing what is in the Halls of Time currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X