X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ S121

Aye, and there's a reason I'm not using Monado Eater.
    A few reasons tbe, but the main one is I think wriggs is saying Elios is squishy without the barrier.

And Monado Eater, like Purge, can remove buffs, but instead of sealing, it inflicts bleed.
    Bleed is one of the most efficient status debuffs you can inflict on an enemy alongside poison, burn, and freeze.

Damage over time and the only thing that can stop it is a debuff heal
    and time-out on it's duration (which is like 45 seconds)

@ Kristia

During the battle with Lucco that Wriggs had me do, I actually dropped Shulk's HP by a lot.
    Battle Soul is a sacrifice move.

Also the video I showed is the best thing that can explain a lot of how Xenoblade works =w=;

WATCH IT AND ALL SHALL BE MADE CLEAR
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-28-2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

@Kristia

Blame John's luck. Why else did he make friends with his enemy during the last fight? XD

Don't worry about it, it will happen eventually, most likely in the event Yukari goes off the deep end and starts attacking people, or when he'll have to fight cosmic entities that would make even The Higher Power nervous.

@Cucoo

Yea, I suppose it would be anti-climatic if we just one-shotted Wriggle's boss.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning.

1. Magic Barrier isn't his unique ability. It's one of the simplest magic spells, but is entirely dependant on the total mana pool. (for the sake of simplicity)

So even if John used Like a Brick and throws himself at Elios with Mach 33, even if Shulk use Monado Purge or Eater to try and nullify the entire barrier... They aren't as efficient as, say, mana draining attacks.

Which by the way is what Pachery is channeling for.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

In Xenoblade terms, a barrier is a buff

Monado Purge would remove it and prevent him from recasting it as he wouldn't be able to use any buff on himself for a minute.
          (Gods I feel like I have to keep repeating the duration limit...)

Eater just removes it, he could recast it, but the problem is the bleed effect.

@ S121

*When you mentioned cosmic entities

I have something planned for that...

And yea.

Also I think I need to just say that this is an ability just to acknowledge and limit the Monado's true power

God Slayer
          - Symbol: 神
          - Passive Monado Buster Enhancement
          - Consumes Talent Gauge and Berserk Aura (Shulk Doesn't have Berserk Aura skill) And locks Talent gauge for 3 minutes.
          - Boosts Monado Buster for One Hit that deals devastating amounts of damage against Gods.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-28-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

But we're not playing Xenoblade entirely, are we? Otherwise we wouldn't even be at this arc.

Again, I must check my Book of RP Balance to see what I can do... Hmm hmm
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@ Wriggs

Super healing ability?
              He uses Mana to just heal himself?
              It can't be a passive thing cause then...
              *Shows video against Telethia once more*

And yes, it's not Xenoblade, but Shulk IS FROM XENOBLADE
              I'm playing by canon rules of Xenoblade for his abilities.
              I'm staying canon with him.

Now if you want me to NOT use Xenoblade terms, then Shulk is more OP than anyone here.
              By staying with Canon of the game mechanics, I'm limiting him.
              If I went purely by cutscene, then nothing could stand against him.
              He would be like: "I got a fucking God Slaying Sword bitches, yo puny little barrier means nothing."
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-28-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo and Wriggle

Just assume that Elios has plot armor, similarly to how Cucoo's puzzle had plot armor to John's ability to simply teleport the statues, or simply teleport through the wall.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Okay I got a proposal.

I ain't letting you get rid of tht barrier all at once. That barrier is required for penultimate plotpoint.

However this is what we'll try.

Shulk's Monado Eater with inflict bleed, but on the mana. (Cumulatively, 25% of the entire mana pool will be lost)

John can go ahead and use Like A Brick, and the burst damage from that will deal 25%.

Seems like Renamon and Nera already began their attack. Let's add Annie's barrage, Jason's, and Kenway's to make it 25%.

Which allows 25% left for Pachery to take care of, which makes me as the storywright happy, while having the characters relevant to the story and being impactful makes you guys somewhat satisfied (human are naturally insatiable)

How's that?
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121

Right

@ Wriggs
                    My suggestion is to inflict an Arts Seal on Shulk to prevent him from using the Monado and have it so it has a duration of 2 minutes per cast and a 4 minute cool down.

That way he's just a swordsman.

And this cutscene is why you don't want me to break canon on the game mechanics.

EDIT:
                    Instead of Monado Eater, I'll use Monado Buster to deal one massive attack on the barrier since having Eater inflict anything else would break canon.
                    Then have Elios inflict Arts Seal.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-28-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

@Cuckoo
                      Sure, as long as it doesn't make a larger hole in the barrier than what I've intended.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

What was the Aura crystal reactor core in John's sit called?

I think it was called nova or something...
                        sigpic

Comment

@ S121

In EG?

It was just an Aura Crystal Core

Nova Engine is what's used for Overcharging in an attempt to reach Aura Harmonics

Though assume somewhere in part II that it was replaced with its original powersource as Aura energy is now weaker and is almost gone.

@ Wriggs

It won't as a barrier VS regular Monado Buster is canon and the barrier normally stands.

Just have Elios inflict an Arts Seal on Shulk after as He'll then try to use Purge.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-28-2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I'll just say that he has a hybrid reactor, kind of like what I thought of before.

Basically, it's a reactor that uses the fusion/plasma reactor part of the reactor to keep the Nova Engine charged with energy to prevent it from exploding in the event that John overloads it. Now that the Aura reactor is weaker, the Nova Engine simply gives John's suit a small power boost, but would not allow him to overcharge to the extent it used to, due to the core being weaker than before.

In other words, the primary component of the reactor is now the Fusion/Plasma hybrid, while the Nova Engine is a secondary component. (yes, I still think it would be a cool idea to fuse both power systems together. )

What are your thoughts? Should I keep it, or scrap it?

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, the Nova engine could be like an excess power tank, preventing John's suit from overloading. It would also allow him to store more energy for powering machines...
                            Last edited by S121; 01-28-2014, 12:38 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

@ S121

That would work.

The only plot I have meant for Part III is the true end of Venturia. Anything that existed of it before is coming to an end.

The only thing left is Aurora, the one that is the reason for Aura Crystals having their power.

Curious freakin observation of the day

We're all fine with Yukari's Boundary Manipulation and it having little to no real limits on how often it can be used and what it can be used for, but then I bring in the Monado which is more powerful than boundary manipulation, but has a lot of limits regarding how often it can be used and how it can be used (being only the set of abilities it has)....
                              And everyone thinks it's "too OP"
                              ...yet we're fine with Yukari's Boundary manipulation...
                              ...but oh no, the Monado is too OP...
                              ...but we're fine with Boundary Manipulation....
                              .................................................. ................

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok.

I also had another idea. Maybe the reactor would now act as an excess power containment unit. What would happen is that the suit's power supply would feed any excess power into the Nova Engine, preventing the power supply of the armor from overloading from either electrical attacks, or simply when he draws power from machines. It would act as a place for John to divert power from all his other systems.

From there, it might charge the core back up and allow him to perform an "Overdrive", but after all the power runs out, the core would revert to it's low power output.

Huh... It would be almost like filling up a power gauge before you can perform a special move, like in a video game... You know what? That's a pretty cool little game mechanic. I'll need to figure out how much power the core would need before it would be able to perform an "Overdrive", maybe figure out how much power certain machines have, and figuree out how quickly it would charge the core.

What are your thoughts? Is it too much? Should I add the function that would allow him to "Overdrive" like it used to, or remove it?

Also, it's because Yukari is not actively going out there and fighting people, at least not as much as Shulk is. The only time Yukari seems to do something is when it's for the plot.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X