X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

You never really said that they they started off outside, did you?

Anyways, he'll be out soon enough. Of course, your post could accelerate his story a little.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

*little clang* Merp. I went off to play TF2 without realising that I had asked you guys a question. I am officially the most forgetful person here.

@S121
      I'm reaching for a wide audience. The show's going to be broadcasted in and around my college so Touhou wouldn't be much of a thing. (Although I am going by the name of Patchy ) But as for some last minute analysis... Hmm... I'm not too sure. It could work.

@Wriggle
      It's an actual radio show. All voice and it's being broadcasted across my college.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@ S121

To a degree, yes.

The man looked to what lay on the ground surrounding the somewhat crumbling structure.
        Cicero also kept looking to the sky where he could see Duon, the sister planet of Dua.

I might modify this so that if could be either and that they can explore the Island and the entrance hall of the Manor of Eternity.

Also, I want to point out: I intend on the Manor to be like the Lost Woods.

You go through a door, but you wind up in a different room altogether and you wouldn't notice.

Oh and: beware the Shadows.
        Things live in the shadows......
        (There isn't a lot, but assume there are rooms with the torches have been snuffed out...)

Comment

Pachery~♡

Ahem.

If you already named that last ten minute program officially, then you could cover Touhou and alongside it some other Shmups.

But then it is hard to explain Touhou and other shmups without showing the gameplay...

Hmm...
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
            It's only called The Bullet Hell because of the name of my show, The 16-Bit Bullet.
            I would talk about SHMUPs and Touhou but there is only so much I can cover before I run out of content. I can include Touhou at occasional points and make little jokes and references here and there but-
            *starts to giggle*
            I just remembered something. Some of the music that's going to be played during my show is going to be the occasional Touhou remix. I actually had 'Nightmare before xxx' by ALiCE'S EMOTION as one of the first few songs to play out on the first week. (If you haven't listened to it, listen to it now!)
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

How bout games in general that are just brutal in difficulty?
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
                Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls. Dark Souls.

That idea could work. I'll have to think about it more. I still have a week to come up with an idea.

Comment

@Wriggle

Originally posted by Wriggle
                  But then it is hard to explain Touhou and other shmups without showing the gameplay...
                  How to explain Touhou's bullet hell...

Dragonball Z on steroids, except a little more feminine... and tea afterwards.

@TRXD

Hmmm... Broad audience, huh?

How about the studies that show that games improve mental faculties?

What about gaming trivia, or history?
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sup guys.

@TRDX
                    Kewl song. I lieks

Comment

@Pringles
                      Yuugi is so much more masculine than Gohan.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@S121 and Wriggle
                        Perfect! I'll say that in my show!
                        "And for our last section of the show, I want to talk about a game series that I have been a huge fan of for quite a while now. The Touhou Project. Basically it's Dragonball Z on steroids, except a little more feminine... and tea afterwards."

@S121
                        Trivia and history, that was my basic idea on what The Bullet Hell would be. But it all depends on what level of intensity and detail that I can go to. If it's just simple and relatively basic stuff, I should be fine. But going to deeper stuff like Touhou might be a bit awkward (for the audience, not me).

@Wondre (Not a typo. You misspell my name, I misspell yours)
                        ikr. It's one of my favourites. One of the reasons as to why are pretty f*cking obvious. I actually like it so much that I use in the outro of my YouTube videos. Here's a demo version of it.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok.

@Wriggle

But that's because she's the most masculine character in Touhou. She's more masculine than John, Marcus Fenix, Duke Nukem, and Kratos combined.

@TRXD

Haha! I'd listen to that! XD

Anyways, yea, it might be hard to follow if you go too much into detail with Touhou. Without context, the deeper parts of Touhou are.. odd. Gaming history and trivia is a much broader topic that should give you a lot of content for quite some time.
                          Last edited by S121; 01-28-2014, 04:45 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

aye

oh and pester me this weekend to make maps for EG.

I need to make a ton of maps so that everything has proper context.

Once that's done, then I can make one more thing....
                            Scale and coordinate system.

That way in EG, we can use coordinates to say where our characters really are and know where they are in relation to each other.

Comment

@ S121
                              I tried looking up yuugi as a guy... This is what I got.

Not exactly buff, but... Merh.
                              Last edited by wonderweiss; 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

@Wonder

But contained within that slender body is 100% pure, unadulterated manliness.

@Cucoo

Ehh... Maps would be good, but I'd rather not clutter the IC with a bunch of (G3), (A7) stuff. Personally, I think people should use the map to better describe where they are, making us create longer, more detailed posts instead of just going:

John walked over to the pod (G3).

John was at G6, while Jack was at G9, hugging the wall behind him.

Instead, we should go:

John walked over to the pod beside the window.

John was ten feet in front of Jack, hugging the wall behind him.

To me, it seems to flow more nicely when we use words instead of numbers. Perhaps coordinates are more precise, but it feels more artificial, more rigid.

Of course, that's only if the coordinates are mentioned in the IC. If it's OOC and not too often, then I don't see too much of a problem with it.

What do you think?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X