X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I got an idea for a new RP. Has anyone played or is familiar with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker? I'm thinking of creating a custom scenario for a group of MSF soldiers who would be controlled by the players. All NPCs, events, items and the like would be controlled by the GM.

Comment

I haven't played any MGS, but I'm willing to join, just a brief summary about it wiuld be good to understand
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I know there's a MGS game where 3 dragons from Monster Hunter in it but can't remember which one.

Sent by Tapatalk
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

I already like the idea. Are there foing to be any of the main characters?

@ Zekai
          That's the one... Kinda.

Comment

and I just got a character that has nothing to do with stealth missions, heck the game is like the son of doom and duke nukem, but more badass XD
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

RP General Discussion

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
              I already like the idea. Are there foing to be any of the main characters?

@ Zekai
              That's the one... Kinda.
              1. Kris - I'll give you a summary of MGS and what you need to know when I get back to my computer.

2. Zekai - The game you're thinking about is MGS: Peace Walker. There were some Monster Hunter crossover missions there.

3. Wonder - Yes! The main characters will be involved, but in a more supportive role. For example, Big Boss may personally assign the mission and briefing, Kazuhira Miller will be your CODEC support, and Huey may assist with technological finds and mech battles.

Everything has to be done at my computer, however. Also, am I needed in any RPs here? TSU or CV?
              Last edited by Major Mario; 08-02-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

@Fairy Tale RPers

I will be opening the IC around the 13th so any apps that need to come in for 1st OCs and last minute edits, please do so by then.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Originally posted by Kristia View Post
                  I haven't played any MGS, but I'm willing to join, just a brief summary about it wiuld be good to understand
                  "Alright... *Cough* ...The truth..."

- Metal Gear Solid is a video game series created by Hideo Kojima. Unlike many other games involving soldiers and wanton destruction, the MGS series places a heavy emphasis on espionage, sneaking about, and completing missions without being detected. A whole squadron couldn't possibly get through enemy lines without being detected, so they'll eventually shoot their way out. But one man, a one man army, could do much more alone armed with a knife and a tranquilizer gun... The plots and stories of the MGS games involve some kind of global or large threat, typically having to do with some kind of nuclear crisis brought upon by the use of a deterrent or massive weapon, i.e. Metal Gear.

Metal Gear can be many things, but the usual image is that of a bipedal walking tank outfitted with advanced AI, enough firepower to level a small country, and more alarming, capable of launching a nuclear missile. In short, a nuclear metal monster that can unleash hell on any target regardless of range. The details and specifications of each Metal Gear vary from time to time and can sometimes be determined by who or what is operating them. As Peace Walker is set in November of 1974, Metal Gear is not as advanced as it would be in future games like 'The Twin Snakes', 'Guns of the Patriots', and 'Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance'. However, because of people like Huey Emmerich and Dr. Strangelove, Metal Gear ZEKE is frighteningly advanced for 1974. To go up against one of them alone would be suicidal. You'd have to be a one man army, someone who fought nearly every day of their life, someone who possessed superior skills and had the determination and willpower necessary to see the mission to its completion...

And that someone would have to be none other than the protagonist of the prequel Metal Gear Solid games, Big Boss, AKA Naked Snake. Big Boss is both a hero and a legendary soldier who participated in many operations and missions over the years. He was once a member of the Green Berets before training under The Boss, a legendary soldier who fought in WWII and led America to victory during the conflict. John, or should I say Naked Snake, was forced to kill The Boss after a mission in Russia called 'Virtuous Mission' went awry because of two factors: The Boss defected to the Soviet Union and brought an American-made nuclear warhead with her which a Colonel Volgin used to destroy a Russian research facility. Long story short, in order to prove America's innocence in the affair, The Boss had to be killed. Snake's mission was to assassinate Colonel Volgin and kill The Boss, his mentor of 10 years, just to avoid all-out nuclear war. And The Boss's final mission was to be killed by her most beloved disciple. That was the way the American government wanted it.

Yet in killing The Boss, Snake killed the joy of living. His reward for murder, as Dr. Strangelove calls it, was his title of Big Boss.

...Uh... Oh, right, a brief summary.

A very hairy one-eyed man who growls and smokes a lot wants to provide a home for soldiers and mercenaries because he believes they are always needed in the world. His merry band of mercenaries and soldiers is called MSF... Militaires Sans Frontières, or Soldiers without borders. People, clients, and countries want shit done and by jove there are some ambiguous mercenaries with silly names who are willing to get shit done.

Comment

Ok, Im in and ready when you make both the OOC and the IC

Spoiler:

Comment

Yay \^^/ time to unleash hell before the time when XOF unleashed hell on us XD

Comment

Shoot. Writer's block and exhaustion are setting in. I'll finish the OOC in the morning, I hope...

Comment

then take a good rest Major, there is no pressure

Spoiler:

Comment

Let me know right now where I need to post and I'll get it done first thing when I wake up tomorrow.

Good night.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Well Wriggle, the only thing I can think of is Hoenn, but I think SUSTIC said something about Clockwork Voyage. Something about pirates and an airship battle and Mard.

Comment

SUSTIC, you on? I want to ask you something!

Comment

Working...
                                X