Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@S121
    Looks like halo infused with prototype.

Comment

Well,it took me a while, but I think i've finally come up with a little thing about the Improbability Drive. Took a bit of thinking, and it's not canon, but since there's no canon explanation for the thing, this is what I shall go with.

Improbability is natural, everything is naturally random, or inclined towards randomness. When you drop a glass ball on the ground, it shatters, causing shards to distribute in a random distribution. When water comes out of a fountain, the globules of liquid splatter in a random distribution. Or more famously when you roll a die or flip a coin, it shows an unpredictable randomness. Well, until the Improbability Drive. It uses what is known as the improbability equation, which allows one to find answers to seemingly random questions.

For example, when I roll a 91 sided dice and the weather is sunny, I can predict with 100% accuracy the resulting number it shall land on. Such is the power of the improbability equation.

To go in a bit more detail, the improbability drive is a machine capable of doing these equations of an unprecedented basis. Because randomness is inherent in the random-stable continuum (made it up), doing many improbability equations will accordingly cause more randomness in the vicinity, so that nature may maintain an equillibrium of order and entropy. This is because the improbability equation brings the order of mathematics into the disorder of nature, and thus disrupts the balance of the random-stable continuum.

However, the improbability drive can manipulate objects by eliminating all possibilities except one for an item or person. For instance, if I wanted to move a rock south, the drive eliminates the possibility of the rock levitating, or turning into a caterpillar. The sheer volume of equations done by the drive is immense, and can cause irreparable damage to the surrounding enviroment, even if the drive is destroyed.

The drive can come in many different forms, though the most common is a large engine looking device. Smaller versions of the device can be used for a single person, though this has been known to cause insanity and homicidal tendencies in those who use it.

Well, there's the best explanation I can come up with. Tell me what you think.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Goodmorning everyone. I might go offline every once in a while. The drivers for my wireless internet are acting up and I need to update them.

@Katrix

What do you think about the "hyper Darkness armor"?

Do you think it's a good idea?

@Wonder

Yea, a little bit.

@Mima

That reminds me of Chaos Theory, except that it takes it a step further and eliminates certain possibilities. They both go into similar territories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

I think it sounds good.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@ Mima

That's actually kind of accurate to reality because there is a way to use statistics and such to actually calculate the pattern of events in order to determine what would happen next.
          Because what we deem as random is not really random, but rather a very complex pattern in which it takes a really big a$$ formula in order to work out..
          Therefore...
          The first half of your explanation is something any super computer could possibly do in about thirty years if we can get it to work properly...
          (What S121 said about Chaos Theory)

The manipulation part...that wouldn't be possible for a normal super computer.
          ...uhm how does it still do things when it's destroyed?
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-11-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Think of it like pollution. Even if you destroy what was causing it, it still leaves an imprint on the enviroment. Also, I just came up with it , I didn't know if there was any real proof or something similar to it.
            Last edited by Koishi; 12-11-2013, 12:09 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

@S121

I am definitively going to use it for the John Replica at least. Couldn't be more accurate.

@Mima

Looks good
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

SUSTIC said that it looked intimidating.

I guess Dark John got an upgrade.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

@ Mima

Well, now you know there is something that exists similar

And for the pollution concept...
                  I can live with that concept. It'd be like fallout from a nuke in that case.

Though it'd be interesting when we have improbability Drive, a device that affects the very fabric of existence, go up against the Monado, a sword that affects the very fabric of existence.

0:44
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-11-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Improbability Drive. It could simply negate the Manado's effects.

Comment

And Monado Purge can negate the improbability drive's effects and seal it.
                      We're at a clash of two god tier items that are equals in more aspects than you would think

And at the same time, they're opposites

Improbability Drive is Chaos
                      Monado is Order

...We have a Chaos vs Order scenario waiting to happen...
                      Oh gods this will be epic...
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-11-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Evening guys. I just came back from college and I just did my first live radio show, not sure how well it went down though... (-_-; )

Just been reading a bit through the IC in AtWaG and both SUSTIC and S121 have given me a great idea for the CosmoNOTs. Speaking of which, I need to get their intro post done.
                        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                          And Monado Purge can negate the improbability drive's effects and seal it.
                          We're at a clash of two god tier items that are equals in more aspects than you would think

And at the same time, they're opposites

Improbability Drive is Chaos
                          Monado is Order

...We have a Chaos vs Order scenario waiting to happen...
                          Oh gods this will be epic...
                          Though have many Improbability Drives would probably outweigh the Monado's.

Comment

I would think that having multiple improbability drives would create a paradox in of itself, especially if two or more started to affect the same thing.
                            And if they started to affect each other then we would have a paradox and I don't even wanna think about what that would cause...
                            I can handle thinking about time paradoxes...but this would be just start tearing the universe apart and then we would wind up with the universe restarting and then...
                            ...actually we would then have Xenoblade happening but let's not go there.

Plus there's the fact the Monado affects the Passage of Fate aka the future...so...in a sense it would be one step ahead of the improbability drive, but then the improbability drive will somehow try to correct itself when the Monado goes and changes the future...
                            Which means it would be a never ending battle.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-11-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Well there are many Improbability Drives already. Several scattered throughout Nevada, one inside Tricky's head, and another.., well, that would be spoilers.

Comment

I think the range of these is in order...cause really, what would happen if they started affecting each other...?

Comment

Working...
                                X