X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakumo Estate - Mayohiga - Gensokyo | Day

Takoizu was slightly frustrated that she had to go so far just to find information on The Darkness, but she needed it for her father's sake, and to an extent, everyone on the planet.

"Where's the planet located? What dimension, what galaxy, and where on the planet?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power, looking and sounding slightly stressed.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Mayohiga

"It would be best if I just took you there myself." HP said. He grabbed Takoizu's hand and suddenly, they were somewhere completely different. They were int the middle of a forest with odd, almost artifical looking trees, leave like objects swrling around them. A shattered moon sat in the sky and a huge metallic ring could be seen sticking out of the planet above them.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"Fire coming!" Annie giggled as she sent out a barrage of fireballs and blazing spears and finally threw her teddy bear down. The teddy bear transformed... Or shall we say reverted, into a deadly bear, wrapped in a scorching flame, at least twice as tall as Annie and standing way over John's height.

"Keep the barrage!" Patchouli continued chanting. If the attack on Elios becomes any less dense than now, Elios could allocate some of his mana dedicated on keeping the barrier up and use it to send out a spell that could easily sweep at least four.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

Just when it seemed like the combined attacks of everyone seemed to remain at a stable level, John created a an indestructible shield of Hardlight around his teammmates and pulled out a spellcard with a purple "P" on the back of it. After pulling it out, John raised it up in the air and declared its name.

"Flying Sign ~ 'Like a Brick'!", John declared, calling out the Phantasm level spellcard's name.

Just then, John quickly put the card away and locked his armor, and as soon as that happened, John flew around the room at Mach 33, generating a large cone of Danmaku and plasma around him. As John flew towards Elios, a huge, dense field of highly lethal Danmaku began to flood the room, smashing against Elios's shield, as well as John's. Thanks to the magic-generated Hardlight, his teammates were safe from the dangerous danmaku. Right as the attack ended, John smashed into Elios's shield at Mach 33, violently bouncing off and hitting a nearby wall. John may not have broken Elios's shield, but he did leave a noticeable radial crack in it, not enough to destabilize the magic shield, but enough to give Patchouli and the others a weak spot to aim for.

The room shook as John slammed into the wall and broke off a large chunk as he bounced off. John finally landed on the ground and stopped moving, now resting on his back and stuck in Armor Lockdown. The tiles on the ground around him cracked from the impact and John laid rigid, waiting for his armor to release the lockdown.

(That should give Patchouli a good shot.), John thought as he noticed the radial crack in Elios's shield, as well as the barrage from his teammates and his remaining Danmaku pelting the rapidly weakening shield.

Cradle | Night

Takoizu looked at her surroundings in awe, amazed that such features on a planet could exist. Up above was a colossal golden arc sticking out of the planet, almost like the stand of a globe. After taking a moment to take in her surroundings, and to retrieve her helmet from a gap, Takoizu turned her head over to The Higher Power and spoke.

"Okay, where do we need to go?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Cradle

"Nearby, there's a little town called Haven. A large ship crashed here about 2 years ago and those from it are living there now. And from there, we can get the key to what we are looking for." HP said, walking along until he came to a dirt path.

"Let's go enjoy the scenic path, shall we?" HP said in a happy tone. "I love the look of this place at night."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Cradle | Night

Takoizu was a little impatient, especially since this information could potentially change the entire outcome of the future, but hopefully the trip wouldn't take long. Based on Takoizu's calculations, and from the stories she heard about the banished library, she should be done within minutes of them getting out of the library.

"Okay.", Takoizu said to The Higher Power as she followed behind.

Seeing how she didn't need her helmet at the moment, Takoizu simply stuck it to her magnetic holster. As they walked along the dirt path, Takoizu decided to ask about the planet.

"So.. where are we?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power in a curious tone.
              sigpic

Comment

Cradle

"Well, this is Cradle." HP said. "Little fuzzy guys called Gremlins took a bunch of planets, smashed them together, and bam, you got Cradle. Beneath us is a huge structure people call the Clockworks. Floors upon floors of huge geo-globes, each with their own biospheres, species, weather, you name it. Planets within planets, essentially." HP explained. "These floors keep going 'till you hit the core of the planet itself."

Comment

Cradle | Night

Takoizu had a slight look of wonder on her face. She thought that such a thing as creating planets within planets was an incredible accomplishment, especially when she carefully thought about the implications of such a feat. In a sense, Cradle was a giant machine, not unlike the stories she was told as a child, of ringworlds used as weapons, and shieldworlds used as artificial planets. From what Takoizu was told, this world was similar to Requiem.

"What's at the core?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cradle

"Well, the core. But other than that, i'll show you when we get down there." HP explained. As they said that, they seemingly reached a large archway, and beyond it lied the town of Haven. Even at night, the town was full of hustle and bustle, many people clad in armor up at a large booth in the center of town. One in particular noticed HP and walked up to him.

"Well, well, if it ain't a Higher Power." The person said, walking up to the two. The person in particular wore a set of white, gray and yellow armor, with a helmet with pig tails attached to it, and she had a very large backpack on. One could not see any of her facial features (though it was the same for the others of her kind) aside from large turqoise eyes.

"Fancy seeing you here as well, Kozma." HP said, the two having a small hug.

"So, what brings you here to Haven?" Kozma asked, looking over to Takoizu. "I imagine it involves your tall friend?"

"Actually, I was going to come to you. I need a Shadow Key." HP explained.

Kozma's eyes widened a little. "Oh. Okay. You have the Mist energy for it?"

HP then summoned a capsule of glowing blue energy. "Right here."

"Ah, then let me get it." Kozma put her pack on the ground and began sifting through it.

Comment

Cradle | Night

Takoizu was actually a little surprised by the little knight before her. Kozma stood just at the beginning of Takoizu's chest, give or take a couple inches. Instead of normal eyes, Kozmas glowed turquoise. Of course, Takoizu shouldn't have thought that was all to strange. After all, her eyes seemed to have that same effect, albeit to a much lesser degree. If anything, her eyes glowing was simply how the light reflected off her irises. After a moment of comparing and contrasting Kozma with herself, Takoizu looked over her surroundings and saw that there were many small knights walking around. From what Takoizu could gather, this society was militaristic, yet not quite as organized as a conventional military. Simply put, the villagers seemed to have access to the same equipment as soldiers would. As Takoizu brought her attention back to Kozma and The Higher Power, she heard them talk about a "Shadow Key". Takoizu had never heard of such a thing, so she decided to ask about it.

"What's a shadow key?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power in a curious tone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Cradle

"Again, you'll see when we get to that point." HP said. "So, Kozma, how's the auction house?"

"Very nice, it's gotten a big amount of profit from those new weapons from the Apocrea." Kozma said. "Ah, here it is."

Kozma pulled out a quite sizeable key, half the size of Kozma herself. It was jet black, with an odd pinkish purple eye on the sides. An aura of that same colour permeated around it. She tossed it with little to no effort to HP, who in turn tossed over the energy.

"Pleasure seeing you, Kozma." HP said.

"Same here." Kozma picked up her backpack, and walked off to another part of town.

Comment

Cradle | Night

Takoizu was a little curious about Kozma, more specifically, what she was. Was she human, or was she simply a humanoid? What was this place? Were they in a video game universe? Of course, she could ask these questions at a later time, most likely as they continued onward.

"Where to now?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power, still occasionally looking at the people around the area.
                          sigpic

Comment

Banished Library

Jason let loose on diring bullets. He fired a machine gun nonstop, only interrupted by magazine change.

"You almost done?! We might not be able to hold him long!" He cried.

As if on cue, the machine gun ran out of magazines. He switched to hos next one.

Voile

Jack finished with the first book in the Metal Gear visual novel series.

"What an intriguing storyline. A plot twist to fit. Who would've guessed that this 'Big Boss' would be the main antagonist after the events prior to the end?"

He looked around. No sign of them yet.

"... I guess I can fixate my attention to this series to entertain myslf. At least until the past subjects arrive."

He pulled out the book called 'Metal Gear Visual Novel, Book 2: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake' and began reading that as well.

Comment

Cradle

"Simple. We go to the Arcade." HP said, as he walked around the large fountain in the town square and the bustle of people around the auction house, and headed for an area behind.

Comment

Michigan - Detroit

Lisa fell back to the ground and was able to stop her momentum with her thrusters enough to land on her feet. She looked at the dust cloud that blurred her line of sight, but kept a wary eye on her radar, trying to see if Prometheus was still there. She switched her TMGs for one massive rocket launcher.

Hyrule - Lon Lon Ranch

Before Link could respond, he caught a shadow moving out of the corner of his eye, prompting him to draw the big Goron's sword and turning towards the tree next to the barn.
                                In the shade was a dark figure that looked vaguely like Link.
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-30-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X