X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuuka's Mansion - Garden of the Sun - Gensokyo

Not hesitating, Renamon looked at at the spartan "John, whatever energy you need for this, take it from mine as it is spiritual element, don´t hesitate on using it" the fox spoke offering her arm to him
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Yuuka's Mansion - Garden of the Sun - Gensokyo | Dusk

John looked over to what remained of Yuuka and felt a tinge of deep pain spread across his body. Unlike physical pain, this one affected something deeper, an emotional pain. Seeing his friend like this horrified him, but despite that, he forced himself to remain strong during this situation. After a moment, John looked over to Renamon and nodded at her as he placed his hand on her arm.

"Do it.", John said to Renamon.

Now was the moment where every second counted. If they failed now, then there would be little chance of reviving Yuuka.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

"Allright, be ready for the overload" Renamon warned him as her digivice poured all the energy it could transforming it into spiritual one in her soul. Golden glow started appearing through the fox´s body as it started burning slowly

Focusing on her arm, Renamon started offering her energy to the spartan. Panting, she kept making the process
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks to the amount of power John had put in Renamon's device back in the banished library, John was becoming more charged than he previously would. As soon as the process started, John felt an expanding feeling in his chest as the energy began to course through his body, as if the fires of his soul were turning into a raging inferno. John let out a deep breath as the energy coursed through him. As the seconds ticked by, John felt more alert than he had ever been before. Not only that, he felt as if he had boundless amounts of energy, as if he could do anything. He would need this sense of power, especially for what he needed to do next.

"Okay Renamon, we've got one shot at this, and the odds for success are only 0.10%... Luckily, those are my kind of odds.", John said to Renamon in a determined tone.

John knew that the odds were against them, but there was still a chance to save Yuuka. Even that slim, almost negligible chance of success was enough to give John hope.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Taking a deep breath, the fox opened her eyes "Doing impossible things is what Im good at spartan" she spoke giving her all to John

Spoiler:

Comment

Shulk pulled out his sword and gently held it up. the blade turned a light purple hue. "Monado...enchant."
              He slowly waved the blade towards John and Renamon, engulfing them in a purple aura that granted them more energy.

Comment

Inside Soul Vault

A voice rang that only John could hear. Now that he gained the mastery in Animatography, John could hear the voice speaking from the Soul Vault... Hundred souls merged together to form one voice that shook him.

"Aftur Til Eiganda... Aftur Til Eiganda..." The voice repeated, multiples of times. The fluctuating tone of the voice made it seem like the chant wasn't being repeated... But told. "Aftur Til Eiganda..."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

John began to feel his entire body flood with energy as the process continued, up until the point where John felt that the amount of power he had was enough. At that point, John began to hear hundreds of voices echoing in his head, speaking to him as one entity. It kept repeating the same phrase over and over again, chanting it and making the words echo through his head, through his soul.

"Aftur Til Eiganda..."

"Aftur Til Eiganda..."

"Aftur Til Eiganda..."

The more and more John heard the voiced echo, the more and more he was compelled to repeat the words until he finally gave in and chanted along with the voices.

"Aftur Til Eiganda...", John said, as if by instinct.
                  sigpic

Comment

“He is neither the smartest nor the fastest nor the strongest of the Spartans. But he is the bravest - and quite possibly the luckiest. And in my opinion, he is the best.”

Soul Vault reads, translated from Old English and bits of Islandic annotations, "For the chance of success in correct Animatographical revival is slim when the patient himself is not aware of the majority of his soul missing... And this drop in chance is exponential... With a, for the lack of a better word, freshly dead human, the chance of full recovery is 0.05%... The other 99.95% leads to the death of the Animatographer and possibly everyone around him within several dragonsleap (ancient length measurement)..."

However, the scroll also reads, "This, however, is to scare away unwanted, novice Animatographers from performing this miracular work. In reality, with enough energy, an Animatographer can revive a dead that has died within 1 hour and recover his soul fully... However, the energy required is impossible to harness at this time of age... Perhaps within 1000 years... A man clad in knight's armor dyed with olive green could have enough energy... Of course, just an old man's folly..."

It seemed even chance was Against John. However, in the end, his luck was the saving grace. How did the author even vaguely know of John's attempt at using the Soul Vault? It can only be said that he... Got lucky on that one.

John could feel the collapse of his knees.

He could feel the voice of the one but many souls applauding... Good job, they said...

He could feel him resting his head on the bed, gasping and wondering how on earth he could be out of breath in such a short time.

He could feel...

The warmth placed on his head by what's unmistakenly a hand... With the scent of flower.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

After the spell was cast, John felt the strain of the spell as it finally got to him. John's armor suddenly felt heavier than he could have ever imagined and fell to his knees as all the energy he had stored was expended. A loud thud echoed throughout the mansion and the room shook as his 1,400 pounds came crashing down. As John's vision began to blur, he heard the voices congratulate him in not only his, but everyone's triumph. As the voices faded, so too did the last reserves of John's strength. John slowly hunched over and rested his head on Yuuka's bed as his muscles failed him and slowly gave out. John's body went completely limp as each and every muscle in it slowly lost tension until they were completely at ease. It was all out of his control, and it felt as if he was going to die and fade away, as if every fiber of his being had been entirely drained of energy by the spell. Never in the 35 years John had spent being a SPARTAN had he experienced such exhaustion. Even the strain he felt during the Devourer Incident paled in comparison to what he felt now. John felt as if he was going to fade into unconsciousness, but as the sounds around him faded and his eyes began to close, he felt the warmth of a hand on his head and noticed the familiar scent of flowers that soon followed after. These sudden sensations pulled John out from the brink of unconsciousness and held it at bay. All those sensations could mean only one thing. Yuuka was going to be okay.

John was overjoyed to know that Yuuka was alive and felt as if an enormous burden had been lifted, that after everything that had happened, she was going to be okay. He wanted to look up and see her restored to her usual smiling self, to hug her after actually being afraid of her dying, to do anything at all, but he had used up everything to restore her spirit. The only thing John could do was try and speak, but even that was beyond his capabilities.

"Uuunnnnnnnnnngh...", John quietly moaned in agonizing fatigue.
                      Last edited by S121; 02-12-2014, 04:55 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

completely depleted, Renamon fell to her knees only conscious enough to breathe, her body ached with the burnt of the energy overload and the hollowness in her muscles

Holding on whatever piece of will she had, the fox managed to look up and made a faint smile "Welcome back florist"

And then she just fell unconscious, only to be grabbed by Nera who couldn't help but laugh "what a hell of a come back to all of us" she said

Spoiler:

Comment

Spare Room - Sector 2 - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

It appeared that Flandre was very eager and excited about playing with Cole. Either she had cheered up since last time and this was how she usually is or she was just really excited to be playing with Cole. Thinking about such a thing, where the two even go? They couldn't go outside because Flandre is a vampire and she would be affected by the sun. Cole would have to ask one of the SPARTANS or scientists about a large indoor area for the two of them to play in. Although Cole knew that playing with Flandre was undoubtedly going to be a fight against her. Last time, Cole had the upper hand because she had entered some manner of a berserk state and did not think her attacks through. This lead to her being open to Cole's electric grasp that forced her unconscious. It was a good thing that Cole applied electricity into her head and not drained it out of her head. Cole remembered when he had to resort to leeching bioelectricity from weakened civilians and Reapers to restore his energy. It was not nice. Such an act almost always kills the target. Flandre may be a vampire and have unusual powers but she could easily die from a Bio Leech.
                          "Right. I'll guess we go find a place to play." Cole replied. He couldn't let the vampire down. He really needed to get to know this girl and what she was like. After all, they were most likely going to stick together from now on. Flandre, despite having some unusual past, did not know anyone except her sister, anyone related to her sister, and Cole.
                          "Yay! Let's go, Cole! Let's go!" Flandre happily replied with a childish giggle. The vampire moved over to the door and waited for Cole to get up and open the door. While doing so, she hummed a tune to herself. A tune that she had heard many times before and liked to associate with herself. Cole didn't know the tune and merely shrugged it off as Flandre just humming to herself in her excitement. Cole stretched his arms and legs and slowly got out of the bed. Unlike Flandre, Cole wasn't as willing to get up. He had been up for several hours and didn't get much sleep. Cole then moved over the door and opened it. Flandre then rushed out of the room and Cole followed her.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Central Chamber - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

As Cole and Flandre emerged from their sleeping quarters and walked into the spacious central hub of the complex, they could see tall SPARTANS clad in armor of varying colors, confidently striding into the deeper parts of The Labs, scientists with clipboards, notes, and papers, rushing to and from offices and labs, and security guards wearing what looked to be a lesser form of the armor the SPARTANS wore, standing around and keeping watch for any trouble. It was clear that The Labs were always busy, even at such an early hour.
                            sigpic

Comment

Jigsaw Valley

"The other reason you don't want to mess with the laws of nature down here. Structural stability's been disrupted, and thus, the island's falling apart." HP said, running through the open gate past all the creatures.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Jigsaw Valley

"Now you tell me. I can fix it, but it will take a little bit of time. Let's just keep going, and I'll work on it as we go.", Takoizu said as she sheathed her sword and quickly followed behind The Higher Power.

As Takoizu ran, she also began to focus on the island. The island was large, but given enough time, Takoizu would be able to reverse the damage.

"We need to get off this island quickly.", Takoizu said as she continued to focus.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X