X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Chamber - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

"Erm... Hey, do you know where... err... Alice-258 is?", Cole hesitantly asked.

The blue SPARTAN Cole was talking to stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Cole. The SPARTAN was much taller than Cole, at least a head-and-a-half taller. Then again, many of the SPARTANS here were unusually tall to the average human, the shortest SPARTAN standing around at 6 feet and 5 inches (1.95 meters).

"Hmm?", the SPARTAN uttered as he looked over to Cole and quickly contemplated his question.

"It's 0528 hours, so Alice-258 should be in the Mess Hall right now. I'm going there right now, so you are welcome to follow if you don't know where it is.", the SPARTAN calmly answered Cole.

Clockworks

"Is he just hidden away most of the time?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power in a curious tone.

Takoixzu had a feeling that The Higher Power wouldn't be able to tell her much more about the king, but it was worth a try. After all, Takoizu was curious about how this place was run.

Yuuka's Mansion - Garden of the Sun - Gensokyo | Dusk

John simply sat there, confused about what exactly Kanako meant by "Hikikomori", but based on how she used it, it probably wasn't a good thing. As for John having a boring lifestyle, he didn't think so. Just today, John had done more than most people would do in a week. It wasn't boring, it was busy and chaotic. Of course, maybe she was talking about his usual routine of training, planning how to kill certain enemies, inspecting his weapons and armor for any problems, spending time with Yukari, Ran, Chen, and Yuuka, researching how to counter The Auditor's reality warping, training how to use Danmaku, practicing his marksmanship with Danmaku bullets, fixing things, helping around the house, and finally sleeping so that he could do the same tomorrow. To John, that was simply how he had always lived. What more did he need? All of his needs were taken care of, so he wasn't missing anything, was he? Of course, he didn't spend too much time going out and meeting people because he spent all this time training and staying at home, usually leaving the house to run an errand, walk through the forest, or kill another person that threatened his life and the lives of those around him. If anything, his life was more eventful than it had ever been. Usually SPARTANS simply trained, studied, ate, fought, and slept. That was simply the SPARTAN lifestyle. Was it really boring? Sure, John was no longer in a state of constant war, but he still had many enemies to deal with, and it always seemed that just when things were cooling down, another group of Characters or humans would come in and ruin his peace and quiet. The main problem was John had too many obligations to worry about a social life. John thought it would be a little nice to have one, but he honestly didn't think he needed one. Either way, John was always in a state of perpetual conflict with somebody, whether it be human or Character. The fact of the matter was that John simply lived and breathed war. He was human, but he as still a living war machine, a master of his trade.

Of course, despite John's pride, he had to admit that Kanako did have a point. John made the conscious decision to try and change and become more human, but he seemed to be resorting to old habits. He wanted to try and better himself in that regard, but how would he go about doing that? It's not like he could just walk up to someone's doorstep and say "let's talk". The truth was, John may have become much more social than he had originally been, but he was still the type of person to only speak when spoken to, or if he needed to know something. The more John thought about this, the more it made his head spin. After all, he was still in poor condition, and he still had much to do before he could end his day. If he could finished everything before tomorrow, then he could have all of Christmas off without having to worry about getting attacked by aliens, Darkness throwing Characters, evil organizations, or reality warpers bent of destroying the world. Unfortunately, he was still in no condition to go fight The Auditor, or even travel. He was still tired, so all he could do was sit around at this party and wait for himself to recover.

In the meantime, John decided to look up what exactly a "Hikikomori" was on his helmet. After putting his helmet on, John opened up an internet browser on his HUD and clicked the first link he saw. After the page loaded, John read about it.

"What?", John unintentionally asked himself in an incredulous tone, audibly speaking loud enough that anyone nearby could hear him.

Based on the definition given, along with what John's lifestyle, Kanako really wasn't too far off. John and every other SPARTAN he knew was a Hikikomori. They were an army of Super-Hikikomoris! John's face quickly turned from one of surprise to a very dull and slightly annoyed expression as he finally realized that he was being called a shut-in.

(Well what am I supposed to do? I can't just walk up to someone and say "hi" without a reason for doing so. That would be a waste of not only my time, but the person's as well. It's acceptable to make 'small talk' with friends, but it's just awkward to try to attempt that on a stranger.), John thought to himself as he removed his helmet once again, taking another sip of his drink afterward.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Yuuka's Mansion - Garden of the Sun - Gensokyo

"Oh hell no." Yuuka could be seen walkimg down the staircase wearing a somewhat cute pajamas to find that Nera and Yuugi were goimg to have a drinking contest. "OH NO, you are not having a contest. Not in my house. I know what happened during the party four months ago."

Yuuka stormed in and yanked the wine cups from the two happy drunks, much to their protests, of course.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

John was almost done drinking his wine, when he heard Yuuka getting after both Yuugi and Nera. Such a scene was at least able to temporarily take his mind off of the whole Hikikomori business. It was nice to see that they were having a good time, even though they were getting scolded by Yuuka. In the end, just this was enough payment for all he had done up until this point. Yuuka was back to her old self, Nera was trying to outdrink an Oni, and Renamon was watching and possibly enjoying the commotion.

In the end, it was moments like these that john liked the most, seeing the people he cared about, happy. After John finished his drink, he placed it on a nearby table and tried to stand. As John began to rise, his legs slightly wobbled, and he almost fell to the ground, but he willed himself to remain upright. After a couple of seconds, John regained his stability, grabbed his empty glass, and decided to see how Yuuka was feeling. John may have been able to stand, but now he was having trouble trying to walk. To anyone that didn't know about John's exhaustion, it might have looked like he was drunk. Of course, this was not the case. Instead, John was still struggling to recover from earlier.

"Hey Yuuka, how are you feeling?", John asked as he walked towards her, albeit with a little difficulty.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

"Oh, yeah what's up." Yuuka greeted John with her usual casual demeanor. Perhaps that's what Kanako meant. How many locals can John walk up to and get a "s'up?" as a reply? How about vice versa? "Dammit, stop drinking or go somewhere else! These are expensive, you know."
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Clockworks

"Probably. I can't really search that much down here though, so what info the Knights have, I have. But he's sort of that guy you fear, though you never actually see him. Sort of like that whole "Big Brother is watching" thing, back on Earth. Gremlins are terrified of incurring his wrath, though only the Crimson Order has ever seen him." HP explained as they were approaching another biosphere.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Yuuka´s mansion

SInce their drinks were prohibited, both Nera and Yuugi pouted with no alcohol to enjoy "Sadly she has a point, the city was a wreck after the party the lucario spoke relaxing on her chair

"But that is a normal thing on our home, then it was back on place in no time" the oni said also relaxing on a chair

Renamon brought to drinks for the duo "Let her be, enjoy the day with some peace" she gave them the sake

"Well, we must be ready for anything, its rare to have a day where nothing happens" Nera laughed about the fact that there was always something happnenng around them
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Yuuka´s mansion

Shulk had been reading and jotting down a few things in his note book during the party and Edward was lounging about, and was nearest to the source of booze.
                When Jason stumbled over to Shulk, he naturally was a bit startled. "Oh hey- uhm what? I don't even know..."

Edward was observing the party goers and then decided to hunt down Patchouli. He asked a random party goer: "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where Patchouli is?"

Catacombs - Depths

Eleos decided to strike up another conversation in a forced whisper. "Oi...so bets on the table: where do you think these...things...are going? Who or what is it they're after?"

London - inside Prometheus Labs

A man with silver-white hair and bluish purple clothes walked through the passageways of the lab.
                It was Alvis....
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 05-06-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

In a distorted world

The enormous being watched the smaller one "What do you want young one? being in this world is extremely dangerous" he spoke used to the human challengers

The ice cold female was calm when she spoke "I have come as a messenger of a golden fox who you owe a favor"

the renegade legendary now was curious "A fox you say? I remember one, but how do I know you are saying the truth?" he asked looking at the ghostly woman

"Believe me we are thinking of the same vixen who is partnered with a lucario, they saved you and your high classed friends from the galactic goons" she said smirking

"Allright then, I see you speak of with honesty, what is this favor that Im sure you will ask all of us?" Giratina asked

The frosslass looked at him "A being is going to infect everything in the real world and we need your assistance" Mara spoke with a serious tone
                  Last edited by Kristia; 05-06-2015, 11:24 PM.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

As John observed how Yuuka, Renamon, Nera, and Yuugi interacted with one another, he began to think about his lack of social interaction, his inability to effectively speak in a casual setting. As John continued to watch, he began to slowly feel unsure about the whole Hikikomori topic. Was he one? He didn't really need to change that much, did he? All John knew was that he needed a second opinion, somebody that could help him with his current situation. Renamon and Nera seemed to be too busy having fun to worry about him, so he decided that they should have their fun. After all, they needed their moment of respite. After a moment, John looked over to Yuuka and spoke.

"Yuuka, can I talk to you in private for a moment? It's kind of important.", John said to Yuuka.

Clockworks

As they descended to the next biosphere Takoizu looked down, then back to The Higher Power.

"Looks like we're approaching the next world. What do you think will be down there? More of the same?", Takoizu calmly asked The Higher Power.
                    sigpic

Comment

"Uh, sure thing." Yuuka accepted the request, and said to Medicine who was socializing with a grey mouse Youkai: Nazrin. "Medicine, make sure those two delinquents don't invade my wine cellar."

"Sure thing." Medicine nodded.

"Okay, come to my room then." Yuuka said to John as she headed upstairs into her room.

Little did Kenway know that he was talking to Remilia Scarlet.

"Patche left awhile ago." Remilia answered, and added a haughty comment: "What's a mere human like you to ask for her?"
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Yuuka's Mansion

"Well last I knew, she was my wearing my clothes." Kenway said lightly as he took a light sip from his pint of beer. "And I kind of want them back."
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 05-06-2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

John nodded at Yuuka's directions and followed her upstairs. As he followed, his ability to walk seemed to returning faster and faster, perhaps because John had his mind occupied on other things than him being tired. While he followed, he continued to think about that particular question. Was he a Hikikomori? If so, then how would he go about talking with people? Either way, he knew it was going to be difficult to try and adopt such a different set of social habits. Just why was he asking Yuuka about this? Maybe it was because John was a little hesitant to try and change so drastically. Maybe Yuuka would say that he was fine and would convince him that he didn't need to change. It was a stupid hope, but as John kept thinking about it, he began to feel that he might have a deeper underlying problem for his seclusion.
                          sigpic

Comment

(PINT OF BEAR! RAWR!)

"Then follow me, human. I was about to leave." Remilia announced as she stepped out of the house. "If you're with me, you will reach Patchouli quickly, and you won't be attacked by fairies and Youkais."

"So, what'd you want to talk to me about?" Yuuka inquired once John was inside.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

(LOL...f*ck you autocorrect when I spelt it wrong the first time...)

Garden of the Sun - Gensokyo

"Ah, thank you kindly milady." Kenway then placed his finished beer down and followed Remilia. "May I ask your name?"

Comment

Gensokyo

"Remilia Scarlet." Remilia said arrogantly as she kept pace walking, so that Kenway will be able to keep up. True to her words, the fairies in the Garden did not begin assaulting Kenway with danmaku because of Remilia's presence.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X