X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forest of Magic - Gensokyo | Dusk

John could see that Annie was crying. Whatever was said, or whatever was bothering her was obviously significant, and whatever it was, John wanted to try and help Annie.

"Because even if it's only been a day, I care about you. You were alone and scared in the woods when I found you, and after helping you, you started to trust me. From what I've seen you're a good kid. I don't think you would act this way without a good reason to. I was told about this man wanting you to return to your world, but I want to hear your side of the story. What happened in that room?", John asked Annie in a calm, yet concerned tone.

Entrance to Garage - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

After a minute of driving, both Warthogs finally made their way to the garage, where Jack could be seen. Instead of being reduced to a mangled corpse, or having his armor blown apart, Jack was simply leaning against the wall next to the garage door, waiting for them to return. If Chung looked at Jack, he could probably see that Jack was staring at him through the skull carved into his visor.

"Jack, are you okay?", Daniel asked Jack in a confused tone.

"Yep.", Jack calmly said to Daniel, not taking his eyes off of Chung for even a moment.
    Last edited by S121; 02-24-2014, 08:33 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Forest of Magic - Gensokyo

Annie kept sobbing, but finally went on: "Somebody from my homeland came to whisk me away..."

"I was in a League match hosted at the Howling Abyss." Annie began. "Stupid League... I hate the system. Putting a bunch of fine warriors, mages, marksmen, and fighters into a deathmatch is not what I call sports, so to make my purpose known, I used the Hellfire spell to ablaze the arena for weeks."

"I was banished, of course, and I was ready to die when I found Icathia, a city where the difference between dimensions are the thinnest. But I arrived in this world."

"Now I found you, and this... Gensokyo place. I finally found a place where I can easily call it home... But now I'm going to be sent away... It's just not fair!"
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

John couldn't believe his ears when he heard about how Annie was essentially put into a deathmatch for other peoples' entertainment. The battlefield where people died was no place for her. She was just a kid. To be honest, it disgusted John. From what John could tell, participation in these "deathmatch" games were not consensual.

"What will happen to you? Did you tell Ran about all this?", John asked Annie.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Michigan - Detroit

"So is that why you fight? To protect others, or just because the thrill of battle excites you? Either way I have what I need now. I do have to say though..." Prometheus said as he looked at Lisa. "I'm not really impressed with your answer... but you seem to have potential to become something more... something more fit for this pitiful world... Perhaps... no... not yet... I don't think you are ready to possess it's power..." Said the Grim Reaper Mega Man... as he began to walk away. Just as he was about to teleport away he turned to Lisa.

"Just know this bug... Soon this world will fall into despair... and when it does... you and your defective Maverick Hunter 'friends' will have what's coming to you... until then..." He said as he disappeared. However his voice could still be heard... "Until then enjoy the time you have left!"

MEANWHILE IN THE SKIES ABOVE

X was flying higher and higher into the air as he saw the airship up ahead. As he did he quickly activated communications with Lisa.

"Lisa I see the airship closing in on the city!!! I'll try and take out the bomb, you take care of the Radio Tower!" X yelled over the in-built communications device he had before flying off towards the airship.

Once he got with in range he took aim at the Air ship as he began to prepare a charge shot. However as he approached small hidden automated turrets on the airship emerged from some panels on the outside of the craft had opened fire on X. This caught X off guard as he was still charging up a shot. X tried to fly out of the way, but he was still shot in his left leg. X screamed as he felt a sharp pain go through his Neuro receptors. Immediately after a few more turrets emerged as they continued to fire upon X who was unable to avoid it. As such he was being pelted by high powered energy shots constantly, dealing extensive damage to his armor... However he still remained airborne as he switched to his last Sub-Tank to refuel his systems. X then began to return fire upon each automated turret... taking each one out at a time while avoiding the gunfire.

Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

Claire slightly smirked a bit at Six's response. "Well as your girlfriend I have the right to worry about you if you get injured in any way... so there." She said with a slight fake smile as she sat back down. Chris then stepped forward as he looked at Six.

"Well then I guess we are both free for today. I would say I have something for you for Christmas Six... but... I don't really have a gift or anything..." Chris said as he laughed a bit. It was true though. He has been busy with training lately that he just didn't have the time to go out shopping for Christmas gifts.

((About time I respond to Ocelot.))
          California | Night

For a long while now Model F had remained quiet as it continued to run for scans in as much online databeases as possible in an attempt to locate Phantom's creator... no luck.

"Ocelot... bad news... I can't find Phantom's creator to be honest... all data concerning him seems to be privately locked... Either he was dangerous, and his files had been locked away. Or the data is just flat out confidential. So I can't really find any info on his past at all except from a small bit of info on something called Wikipedia... but most of it is also marked as classified." Model F said as he began floating around Ocelot.

"But I did find someone who could possibly help. He goes by the name of Gate. He's some sort of Researcher who also happens to be a Reploid. He's a far older model Reploid when compared to Phantom, but this Gate guy from what I found out is actually pretty smart. He specializes in accessing hidden codes, and developing things like viruses, programs, and other stuff. Maybe this Gate guy can help... I just... am still trying to locate the guy..."
          Last edited by NeoFox; 02-24-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Treasure Vault

"Well, if I did it correctly, I could allow your armor to release a burst of dark energy at will. Like an explosion, but without the actual explode part." HP replied.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Treasure Vault

Takoizu pondered at when she would need such an ability. Sure, she wouldn't really come across anything that had a weakness to darkness, but it could come in handy for later. After all, she didn't know what she would encounter in this timeline, so it was wise to take whatever she could get.

"Hmm... Ok, let's keep it.", Takoizu said to The Higher Power as she put the coin in her storage compartment and sifted through even more boxes.

Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

"Don't worry about it. We don't usually get stuff anyways.", Six said to Chris, assuring him that it was alright.

Of course, just because the SPARTANS in Six's universe never gave or received gifts, didn't mean that Six would do the same now. He now had somebody to give gifts to. In fact, he actually managed to find gifts for both Chris and Claire.

"I did manage to get you both gifts. It's probably not much, but it's something.", Six said to both Chris and Claire.

"I'll be right back, okay?", Six asked Chris and Claire.

Catacombs - Santa Cruz - California | Night

After the skeleton disappeared, Isaac quickly reloaded his Plasma Cutter and looked over to Shadow, Rena, and Ara.

"Now that that's over, let's keep going.", Isaac calmly said to the group as he hovered back down to the ground and began to walk deeper into the catacombs.
              Last edited by S121; 02-24-2014, 06:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

As they saw Jack Chung quickly hopped out of the Warthog and ran up to him.

"J-Jack are you okay!? What happened!? Don't tell me the device became unstable... fuck..." He said as he could be heard cursing under his breath. "I really should have tested it on other things first... I honestly didn't mean for it to do something that harsh..." He said in a slightly worried tone, obviously more worried about Jack, but his tone of voice made it seem like he was more worried about the device more than anything.

Raven sighed as he got out of the Warthog. "Well looks like Jack is alive... let's just hope that's all that is wrong with him..." He said as he turned to Lily. "I guess Daniel should help with Jack, and deal with Chung. I suppose you will do whatever needs to be done about Eve?" He said as he looked at Eve who was kindly getting up out of the Warthog's passenger seat. She then walked up to Jack, Daniel, and Chung as she began... examining Jack...

"External Damage on the armor seems to be minimal. I do detect large traces of El Energy remaining on his armor. Other than that I cannot detect any other signs of damage. Either I can't scan your armor... or my scanning processors are damaged..." Eve said as Raven just shook his head as he walked up to the unconscious Elsword where he proceeded to lift the young swordsman up.

"I'll take Elsword here to the Medical Ward so his wounds can be treated. After Elsword recovers Jack you can decide how you want to personally punish Elsword." Raven said to Jack as he then takes Elsword to the Medical Ward.

Rena, and Ara looked at Isaac as they both nodded. Ara seemed to be a bit... tense... More so than usual. Rena noticed this as she gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay Ara... I'm sure your brother is not the one leading this attack... these things we've been fighting aren't like the Demons from our world... in fact I don't even detect any Dark El here... so your brother is not behind this..." Rena said to Ara quietly as Ara sighed.

"I know but... but..." Ara replied as she just... excused herself from the conversation... not wanting to talk anymore about it.

Shadow however just seemed indifferent about the whole thing...
                Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-24-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Munich, Germany

"Nitori, you okay?" EVE asked as the rubbled cleared away. Nitori was alive, but the electric strikes took her by surprise, causing her to fall down.

"I'm okay." Nitori muttered as she used ADAM to rise back up. She ignored ABEL's warning about the Projectile Dissipation Shield dropping below 50% and checked on Zero. He seemed unharmed during that short bout, but the entire battle must've rendered him immobile.

"Nitori, reinforcement is on the way." EVE informed Nitori of Alia's message.

"...EVE, is the Teleportation grid ready?" Nitori asked without turning back.

"Uh... Yes, it is."

"Then let's go."

"Are we not waiting for the HQ?"

"I don't want the people that sent Zero to this mess to be the ones to restore Zero." Nitori announced as she grabbed onto Zero and slung him over her shoulder. "Leave a hologram message for them here. Let's go."

"Right-o, then."

And away went Zero, Nitori, and her drones, leaving Munich at the state of turmoil for the Maverick Hunter HQ to sort.

"I'm probably going to go through Repentation, and then be flogged and imprisoned in the Institute of War, like Renekton and Nocturne." Annie spoke of her grim fate. "It's horrible, and I don't want it. If I'm right, I know you won't want that to happen to me too."

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo

The wall cracked and gave way, leaving a large hole on it. The debris flew, striking the house and breaking some of the windows.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Annie was right, John didn't like the sound of her having to go through that. At the same time, he could only wonder why they wanted to punish her so harshly. Just who was the administrator of this organization? What happened in Annie's past that caused all this? Why did they want to punish her? Did she do something truly bad, or was it all for retribution, and to make an example of her for all the others? John trusted Annie, but he needed to know all the details if he wanted to help her.

"Annie, I want you to start from the very beginning. Tell me everything that happened back in your world, how this all happened. I need to know everything if I want to be able to help you.", John said to Annie.

"My armor had to perform an emergency shutdown.", Jack said to Eve and Chung with almost no emotion.

It was clear that Jack was not exactly happy, but what made things even more terrifying was the fact that Jack was somewhat impassive about nearly slamming into a building.

"Next time, we test in a controlled environment.", Jack said, this time speaking directly to Chung.

Meanwhile, Lily simply nodded at Raven and drove into the garage with Daniel leading. After all, she didn't need to worry about Eve right now. Eve was preoccupied with Jack and Chung at the moment.

This time, Isaac was briskly walking, leading the others deeper into the catacombs. Isaac was getting angry by the what was happening here. People were dying, and many more on the surface would if Isaac and the others didn't stop this madness. The situation reminded Isaac too much of his game, and he wanted it to end. As they walked deeper into the catacombs, Isaac seemed to be slowly picking up speed, almost to the point where he was outpacing Rena and Ara.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo

Renamon groaned by both the punch and the crashing to the wall ("Dammit.. I didnīt see that coming") she thought holding her head trying to process what happened in those 30 seconds

But just before she could actually think straight, the fox was pinned down fiercely by the jackal. Wide eyed, she looked at her partner who was panting holding all the instincts.

"You.. donīt understand.. donīt you?" the lucario growled holding the fox from her mane liftin her up so they could be eye to eye reach. Renamon just looked at Nera with defeat and loss "No.. I donīt " she mumbled

Nera tightened the grip on the fur and slammed the fox to the ground just below the point of causing damage and punched the floor next to her head making a hole on it.
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Chung sighed as he looked at Jack.

"Yeah... let's... test it out on the runway next time..." Chung said as he stood up.

"I'll need to work out the kinks though before we test it again. I need to find a way to stabilize it while it amplifies your body's limits." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

"Oh by the way Jack why are you so impassive about this? You almost crashed through the labs..."

Medical Ward

When Rave entered the Medical Ward with Elsword in his hands he began to look around the area for a doctor that could help him take care of the young swordsman.
                        Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-24-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

"Fine." Annie hesitated, but then sat into a comfortable position, and began her story:

Howling Abyss

Welcome to the Howling Abyss.

A phantom-like voice boomed into the ancient battleground known as Howling Abyss. Howling Abyss... the bottomless crevasse surrounded by an ancient fortress carved into a glacier. No one remembers who built this place... except that it once was a battleground between the Iceborns, powerful warrior natives of the frigid wasteland of Freljord, and mystical godlike entities of Freljord, the Watchers. The Watchers eventually lost, via the deaths of thousands of Iceborns, and the Watchers were thrown off into the abyss, howling mad. Now, it is subdued by the Institute of War, and is used as an arena for solving disputes among Summoners from different city-states.

Annie was participating in yet another battle in the Howling Abyss. As Annie matured in both age and power, more and more Summoners sought her out for their own good: whether it be victory for their representing city-states, their personal wealth or fame. Annie used to like going to battles: it kept her life interesting, even though deaths in these battles, while not permanent, were frustratingly painful to bear. But now that she is 16... well, Annie began to detest the repeated battles the Summoners pitted the Champions in. These battles were nothing more than slave gladiator matches.

"What are you dozing off for, child?" A crackling voice made Annie come back into her consciousness. It was a towering lady made of arcane energy, sparks coming out of her body. Xerath, summoned by an allied Summoner, albeit genderbent due to the Summoner's whim.

"Ah, it is nothing." Annie shook herself from the thoughts and bought her items to go into the battle. It is, after all, her job to fight other Champions. She quickly took off next to Xerath to win for the Summoner that summoned her.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Hollywood

Ocelot was just getting into bed, but after hearing that, he stopped.

"... 's right?"

He turned to it with a little smile.

"Alright. That's awesome, biometal. Listen, you just relax. Get some uh... Shut eye. We'll start up tomorrow."

Comment

Catacombs

The tunnel around Isaac and the group began to rumble, like an earthquake. The walls cracked, searing blue energy illuminated the tunnel with a turquoise light, and it suddenly became far hotter than it was before.

Treasure Vault

In the next box was an assortment of scrap and gears. A single pink stone, much like the one from the pervious box stuck out of the pile though.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

John carefully listened to Annie's story, but he knew that there was more. From what he heard, she enjoyed the battles at first, but slowly began to despise them.

"So you guys were essentially gladiators that fought for the entertainment and to settle the disputes of third parties? How did you escape? What happened?", John asked Annie in a slightly concerned and curious tone.

Treasure Vault

When Takoizu looked through the third box, she saw nothing but scrap at first, but the one thing that stood out was a lone pink stone.

"HP, what does this one do?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power in a curious tone as she picked up the stone and showed it to him.

The temperature increased in the hall they were walking in, but Isaac's suit protected him from the increasing heat. As the hall became hotter, Isaac quickly looked at Rena, Ara, and Shadow. If he did not act fast, they could be burned by the intense heat. Acting quickly, Isaac reached his hands out to Rena, Ara, and Shadow and grabbed them. As soon as he did, Isaac activated his thrusters and flew through the hallway.

"Because I am at fault for letting you try it out on me.", Jack said to Chung in a somewhat calm, yet still emotionless tone.

Surprisingly, Jack didn't seem to be very angry at Chung. How Jack saw it, he was at fault as well. His MJOLNIR armor was highly experimental, and he attached a device to it that hadn't been thoroughly tested, safety approved, and proven to be compatible with his suit's systems. He was still mad at Chung, but he was also a little mad at himself.

"Did you at least perform controlled tests and experiments on it before moving on to human trials?", Jack asked Chung.
                                Last edited by S121; 02-27-2014, 11:53 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X