X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

The tip of the bone-made dart gleamed with a medicinal compound, similar to that of a tranquilizer. Shulk's snoring was one of the only distinct sounds in the area.

Comment

John brushed his index finger and thumb along the tip of the blue, bone dart and rubbed the strange liquid between his fingers. Upon hearing Shulk's snoring, it was obvious what the strange liquid was.

(A primitive tranquilizer dart.), John thought to himself.

Based on the design and materials used to create the dart, it was evident that he was dealing with something that used technologically inferior weapons, which meant that they were not being hunted by any modern mercenaries or organizations. If that was the case, then what was stalking them? Was sit a guardian of the library? It had to be... Was it still here?

Feeling a little paranoid, John checked his radar to see if anyone excluding Shulk was in the room with him.
      Last edited by S121; 12-22-2013, 08:15 PM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Helicopter

"You got my point." The Doom guy said as he stared at Hank. "Just nevermind, once we land I'll just head off and you probably won't be seeing to me again."
        The Doomguy looks at the view before mumbling to himself.

Comment

There were a few blips that appeared on the Radar. The large majority were rats, but one was a man with a white hooded outfit, with a belt of both red cloth and flintlock pistol and cutlass holsters. He hid out of sight in another crevice, leaning in a pocket close to a wall so he could just see Shulk and John.

"Well now...what do we have here? He must be one of the others the boy was with. Alright then, let's see if you can lead me to something worth my while. I heard you lot talking earlier about something deep in this library, now what is it?" He checked himself to make sure that he was hidden, no sound, no heartbeat. He calmed himself as he waited to see what the armored man would do as rats scurried by.

Detroit - Michigan | Night

Lisa giggled when asked if she was ready. "Ufufufu~ Lisa is ready~! Ah...It's been too long since I shot something~" An assault riffle materialized on the holster on her lower back, which she hoisted around. "Can I punch them full of holes~? Lisa want's to punch them full of holes! Oh Oh! What are we up against? Does Lisa need to use her bigger gun? Though...it's not as fun if they go down quickly... It's much more enjoyable if they slowly suffer as each bullet rips through...Ah~" She tilted her head as though thinking of something absolutely dreamy. "So! What does Lisa need?"
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

X sighed as he looked at Lisa. "Like I said I need you to follow me and provide supportive fire. I'll cover you if you cover me got it? So I'll need you to use anything in your arsenal... just don't harm any civilians." X said as he turned to the Hangar Door as he pushed the button to open it. "Okay now intel said that we are dealing with high level A Ranked Mavericks. So be careful team. We are getting ready to drop." X said as the hangar door opened, revealing the city under attack below. X looked down at the ground below as he ordered everyone in the hangar to jump. As he did the rest of his squad all ran and jumped out of the Hangar. As soon as they were out of the airship they opened their parachutes. After everyone left X looked at Lisa and nodded. "Okay now let's go." He said as he jumped out of the airship, preparing to land. Thanks to his Auto Balancer System he will be able to land safely onto the ground below.

Comment

The Journey's End

Malthael finally reach the large entrance which led to the beam of light inside the mountain. He retracted his spectral wings, as they wouldn't fit through the craggy hallway. He floated forth, the rocks becoming closer as he neared it. Then, he reached the end of the hallway. All that sat in front of him was pure light and energy. Bracing himself, he didn't float, but walked into it. He kept walking, until an energy surged through him. If one was away from the mountain, they would see a pulse of light travelling mach speed out of the mountain. It got faster and faster until a vortex formed above it. Then, the light went through, and the vortex closed. All was now empty in that world.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

25 Years in The Future...

Near Base 1 - Pentagon - Future | Night

Fact: the year is 2067, and it is the twentieth day of December. Based on the position of the moon, the time is 2:33:07 AM... :08... :09...

Fact: There are 363,964,447 people remaining on the planet, with a net loss of 862.3872 people per day, due to famine, disease, murder, injury, and other problems that result in death. If the trend continued as is, then in this very instant, it would take 1,155 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 0 hours, 32 minutes, 18 seconds, 806 milliseconds, 305 microseconds, and 853.62609963345892083 nanoseconds for Humanity to become extinct. It seemed like more than enough time for Humanity to rebuild, but without any way for the Earth to recover from the damage done to it, there was no hope...

Fact: Gensokyo is dead. It was destroyed when PALADIN detonated an anti-magic weapon of mass destruction over the once lush land of Gensokyo, immediately killing all mythological beings and Characters within a 700 mile radius. The bomb itself was powered by an Arcanopulsate reactor reverse engineered to sap spiritual energy from anything caught within its blast radius, resulting in a "spiritual implosion" of sorts. A few residents survived, such as Mokou, Kaguya, and Eirin, but nobody else made it out alive. PALADIN considered all the Characters residing in Gensokyo to be the largest threat to their plans, so they neutralized them. They got what they wished for... more than it...

Fact: The Anti-magic bomb was a lot more than just a bomb to neutralize magic, it was a bomb that literally stripped living beings of their spiritual energy, resulting in the victims either dropping dead, or in the case of Youkai, disappearing. The creators of the bomb were truly geniuses in their fields, but they never thought to consider the possibility that just like a real nuclear bomb, there would be fallout. This fallout, these Arcanopulsate-particles, rained from the sky and clung to the ground. These particles were like a poison to the Earth, slowly working their way deeper into the planet, spreading and sapping more life from below everyone's feet. Eventually, the tectonic plates began to slow to more of a crawl than usual, and the core of the planet lowered by 791.32 degrees Celsius, or 1,456.376 degrees Fahrenheit. Both of these factors resulted in the Earth's magnetic field weakening and becomimg unstable, allowing the sun's radiation to leak through holes in the magnetic field and onto the Earth, killing many, many Humans and Characters alike. As it turned out, the anti-magic bomb exceeded the ACO's expectations...

Fact: The ACO is dead. Both factions have been mercilessly hunted down and neutralized. WRAITH may not have followed the same ideals as PALADIN, but they shared the same banner. They both lived under the same banner, therefore they both died under the same banner...

Fact: John and Yukari Yakumo are dead, along with Ran Yakumo and Chen. There is only one surviving member of the Yakumo family, but nobody knows where the last surviving member lives, or how the last member even survived the explosion over Gensokyo. Perhaps the family member was lucky that Yukari was intelligent enough to plan ahead, and created a sanctuary for the child to stay, along with Ran Yakumo and Chen. Unfortunately, Yukari was dead long before the bomb was launched. Perhaps if she were alive, things would have been different. As for John, he died trying to prevent PALADIN from using a fusion bomb to perform the same task. John stopped them, but at the cost of his own life. They never even found his body. As the saying goes, Spartans never die, they're only missing in action. There were many other Characters that were up for the task of saving the world from this fate, but one by one, they each fell before PALADIN's might...

All these facts rang true in the black MJOLNIR armor clad woman's mind as the snow swirled through the night sky. Humanity had no hope, the world was dying, and there were no heroes in sight. She was the only one left with hope, hope for a better future. Unlike many other people, she had a plan. The key to their future lied within their past, but first, she would need information on the Characters long lost to the might of PALADIN. That was why she was now sneaking past the abandoned cars and dilapidated buildings. She was going to break into Base 1 of the Neo-Yakuza.

As she neared the base, she could see that there were still guards patrolling the area. Why weren't they doing something else? Didn't they know that the world was dying? Then again soldiers aren't paid to think, only to shoot. As the two soldiers patrolled around the entrance to Base 1, the young woman hid behind a car and began to formulate a plan. She could easily kill them, but she was not here to kill, not like what she did to the ACO. Instead, the woman focused on the two soldiers and they fell to the ground, unconscious, as if by magic or some other means. Once the soldiers slumped to the ground and began to snore, the woman pulled out her heavily burned M6D Magnum Pistol and made her move.

The pistol looked enormous in the woman's hands, as if the weapon was designed for a giant's use, but she carried it as if it was a perfect weapon for her. As she approached the soldiers, she grabbed their security passes from their pockets, and used them on the security panel on the side of the entrance. Sure, she could have easily created a portal to the inside of the base, but the woman didn't know how tight security was during this time. It was much safer to simply sneak inside. As the security panel flashed green, the woman opened the front door to Base 1 and snuck inside.
                Last edited by S121; 12-24-2013, 09:01 PM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

"Careful? Ufufufu~" Lisa then jumped, or rather launched herself downward at an accelerated rate. An aura of energy formed around her as she rocketed towards the ground like a meteor. Then the energy dispersed and cushioned her landing.
                  THUD
                  She was kneeling from the impact. Quickly she glanced about, her almost crazed-looking red eyes scanning the area for her first target.

Spoiler: Drop Ship technique
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 05-06-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Shortly after Lisa landed, X landed as well right beside her. As soon as the smoke cleared X opened his eyes as he scans over the area. The entire city was up in flames. It was complete chaos. Shortly after X and Lisa landed the two got a call from their Navigator for the mission Layer.

"X, Lisa can you hear me? It's me Layer. I'm detecting 20 signals heading towards you. They appear to be rogue mechaniloids!" Said Layer via X and Lisa's communicator. "Roger that Layer. Can you also find where the source of the Maverick Attack is?" Replied X as he readied his X-Buster.

"Yes. City Hall appears to be where the enemy forces are at their strongest. It also appears to be where the attack started. This attack also does not seem like a random Maverick Outbreak. It's like this one is planned as I'm picking up several large readings blocking most routes to the City Hall. Just try and find a way past those marks, and you should be able find the one leading the attack."

"Understood Layer. Lisa and I will proceed with caution. Once we get to City Hall we should be able to stop this attack." X said as he turned to Lisa. Off in the distance a group of 20 mechaniloids started to get closer to the duo.

They were none other Ball De Voux Shot Type's.

Each one stood at 8 ft tall as they all began to open fire on Lisa and X. As soon as they did X dashed to the side and fired a few X-Buster shots at the crowd. Taking out a few of them.

Comment

MSF
                      _______

Then, Gerard arrived at the heliport. Kaz was there to greet him.

"Good job, soldier. Come on in, we're gonna have lunch soon."

Gerard stepped out of the helicopter.

"Thank you. But really, there was help."

"Hey, the mission's complete, right? Let's head in."

The two stepped into th mess hall. Otori was waiting at the door.

"Took ya long enough. I was about to starve." He joked. "You sure you're not getting old?"

I wouldn't call me old if I were you. How'd your mission go?"

"Meh, went pretty well. Aprehended the target. He won't be doing much now."

Snake walked in with a soldier.

"You guys have been doing pretty good lately. Couldn't expect less from ex operatives of Neo-Yakuza."

Otori faced Snake. "Thanks, Snake. It isn't easy, but someone's gotta do it, so I stepped up." He then faced the soldier. "New recruit?"

"Yea. This one is-"

"Jack Roo, at your business, mate." The soldier said, interrupting the two. He was australian with short brown hair. His face was clean; no facial hair. "Well, that's me code name, anyways. Yours?"

Otori spoke. "I'm Fruit Bat. He's Assassin Bug."

"Nice, nice. Hey, you two seem to know your way 'round, why don't ya give me some pointers, eh? Careful, I might show you two up. Bah, I'm kiddin' ya."

"He's going to be shadowing you two for a week," Snake said. "Might as well get to know him."

"Sure thing," Gerard said. "I wouldn't mind showing him the ropes around here. Here, come sit with us."

"Great," said Jack Roo.

Base 1: Future

A man with reddish brown hair looked through all of the security cameras. Then, he spotted the intruder.

"... a spartan... I haven't seen one since then... no matter. He's trying to infiltrate. He's trying to soil my plans I had worked oh so long on. But I won't let that happen."

He pressed a button.

"Security breach, north entrance. Level four threat. Search and captivate. Proceed with caution."

Then, the north entrance became flooded with Neo-Yakuza soldiers.

"Freeze!"

"We were given orders to capture you!"

"Put the weapon down and no one gets hurt!"

Comment

Lisa saw the group of twenty targets and smiled. "Oh how nice of them to come in clusters~ Ufufufufu~" She then loaded a cartridge into the grenade launcher slot of her rifle and aimed skyward at an angle and fired. A round flew almost straight and true, over the mechaniloids. Once it reached the target area, it burst, sending a rain of Photon Bullets down, covering a large area. Then she took the charge and activated her hover jets on the back of her shins and raced towards the enemies that were weakened from her initial attack. "Time to go BOOM!" She fired off a few bursts from her rifle as she began to strafe to the right, flanking the group. One, two, three, four targets crumpled from her assault and then, she loaded another cartridge in the grenade launcher. This time it was an explosive round. "BOOM~!"
                        She fired at the middle of the group, causing a large explosion, knocking over most of the mechaniloids and destroying five more.
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Base 1 - Future

"Freeze!"

"We were given orders to capture you!"

"Put the weapon down and no one gets hurt!"

*sigh*

The armored woman let out an annoyed and slightly frustrated sigh as the guns all lined up on her. She was hoping to infiltrate the base and get out without conflict, but unfortunately she was just going to have to muscle her way through. She did as she was told and dropped her pistol to the ground, only for a strange rip in space to swallow it up and disappear. All of a sudden, the woman fell into an even larger rip in space filled with eyes. As soon as the tear closed, another one opened up 20 feet in front of the guards, only much larger, and before anyone could realize what was happening, a car emerged from the tear with the woman inside. The car sped towards the group of Neo-Yakuza agents, all while the woman honked the horn for them to get out of her way.
                          Last edited by S121; 12-23-2013, 04:40 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Base 1

"What?!"

"RUN!!!"

The soldiers jumped out of the way, trying to figure out what happened. They fired at the car.

Meanwhile, the reddish brown haired man watched in shock.

"That power... only she could do it... But she's no longer alive... and father nor I have ever created a replica..."

Everyone kept firing... until...

"Stop the attack. Threat level change from four to six. do not attack. I shall deal with him. If you wish to foil my plans, spartan, come face me in my office. Everyone else... evacuate and wait for further orders."

But though he sounded hostile, he really meant just to talk with the spartan.

Comment

Base 1 - Future | Night

The woman heard the man over the intercom and just as suddenly as the car appeared, another tear opened up in front of the car and swallowed up the vehicle. After a second, the woman emerged from a spatial tear in the ceiling and landed on the ground as if nothing happened.

(And what plans would those be?), the woman thought to herself as she passed through the door to the deeper parts of the base.

In truth, the woman was only here to retrieve information. She did not care about this man's plans, but if he wanted to fight, then she would take his life. It didn't really matter to her. As she walked towards the leader's office, a small tear opened up above the woman and her burned M6D fell into her hand. With the gun in hand, the woman closed the tear and kicked open the door with enough force to rip it off its hinges and send it flying. As the door flew across the room and slammed into the wall opposite to it, the woman aimed the gun inside and quickly swept the entire room with her gaze, ready to kill anything that moved.
                              Last edited by S121; 12-23-2013, 04:41 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Base 1

As the door flew, it was being held in midair... or so it seemed. There was the leader, holding the door with one hand.

"... You can rest easy. I mean you no harm."

He threw the door aside as if he were throwing away a newspaper stack.

"... Finally... we meet at last... daughter of Yukari and John."

Comment

Working...
                                X